AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-06, 13:33   Link #81
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Cute doll girls do cute things and are cute. Also, fighting.
And a hamster.

The philosophical implications of this show are profound.

What is love? Why do we struggle and fight? Why do cute girls do cute things?

Cute girls do cute things because that is what they do, it is their purpose.
They fight because they need a break on occasion from doing cute things.
Love is a 15 cm tall cute mechanical girl that cleans your room.

This show has answered all the questions that have haunted humanity for ages.
There is nothing left to question. We await the singularity.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 13:45   Link #82
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

well the first ep was cute in so many ways. Liked the scenery as well. Lol Lene brought out a maid armor.
Old 2012-10-06, 13:53   Link #83
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
4. So apparently these 15cm tall robots eat cake and drink tea. Where does it go? Kinda makes you wonder just how anatomically correct they are.
Fuel, perhaps? Pure matter - energy conversion? But the ability to eat and drink is absolutely essential to maintain moeness.

Quote:
No doubt these dolls are heavy (as in metal heavy)
And yet it seems they can be picked up effortlessly in one hand. I rather doubt Aines weighs much (if any) more than that knife itself does. The fact that it cut into the cardboard isn't surprising to me (a properly sharp kitchen knife can easily do that), it's the fact that she can launch it that far. However, that also was essential in order to give them a reason to open the box and trigger the rest of the plot, so it is justified as happening "because the writer said so."

Quote:
And a hamster.
Oh, right. Who lets a hamster roam around loose in their house, anyway? Those things are a menace if you let them get free. They chew on everything, they get everywhere, and are likely to kill themselves chewing on electrical cables (in the process shorting out something you'd probably prefer to have still working).
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 14:00   Link #84
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I guess Busou Shinki have the strength of ants, seeing as I think they can carry things several times their weight.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 14:08   Link #85
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
And yet it seems they can be picked up effortlessly in one hand.
Lets not forget that they are small and thin, even if made of depleted uranium an average human would be able to lift one of them with one hand (specially if already used to the feeling of said weight).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 14:34   Link #86
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm... The first episode was not bad. It was reasonable enjoyable thanks to the battle scenes. The shifting camera angles and elaborate movements during the entire ordeal was pleasing to the eyes. If only TE exhibited similar competency in that regard... Well, the three figures were really fun to watch altogether. Though, I can't really praise the blandness and uninspired design for their owner. It's almost like the one who drew him didn't put much thought or effort at all. lol. Nonetheless, I'm sold and hoping the next episode comes soon.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 14:49   Link #87
00Coyote

Quote:
Quote:
And a hamster.
Oh, right. Who lets a hamster roam around loose in their house, anyway? Those things are a menace if you let them get free. They chew on everything, they get everywhere, and are likely to kill themselves chewing on electrical cables (in the process shorting out something you'd probably prefer to have still working).
Like this?

Images
HAMSTER!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 14:57   Link #88
Midonin
Last Engage

So that's what Hamzou's been up to.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 14:58   Link #89
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I came into this show without any expectations...

and now I will be leaving this show without any expectations...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 16:06   Link #90
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Lets not forget that they are small and thin, even if made of depleted uranium an average human would be able to lift one of them with one hand (specially if already used to the feeling of said weight).
If their smallness and thinness is enough to offset the weight of their component materials, then... well, they still don't weigh much, which was my basic point. I suspect, however, their weight is going to be portrayed quite inconsistently. In the op, there's a shot of Lene standing on the leaf of a sunflower, without it bending even slightly, which seems pretty unlikely to me even if they were just made of light plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Like this?
For example. Where did that come from? The hamster looks much like the one from this episode, but I don't remember seeing that scene...

Last edited by Random Wanderer; 2012-10-06 at 18:15.
Old 2012-10-06, 16:16   Link #91
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I came into this show expecting nothing

I found a hamster!So I'll be sticking around as long as the hamster is around. (yeah,I know,that might sound weird)

Quote:
For example. Where did that come from? The hamster looks much like the one from this episode, but I don't remember seeing that scene...
It's in the backround towards the beginning I think....yeah at about 7:04
Old 2012-10-06, 16:38   Link #92
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
It's in the backround towards the beginning I think....yeah at about 7:04
Ah. I didn't even notice him in that scene.
Old 2012-10-06, 16:47   Link #93
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I guess Busou Shinki have the strength of ants, seeing as I think they can carry things several times their weight.
There you have it, she did the clean and jerk in no time, with no effort and is using only one foot to support the overhead weight

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2012-10-06 at 19:28.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 17:46   Link #94
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
except that they are more mecha musuko than musume, there are still females though, & in the latest current lines, some of their powersuit equipment looks suspiciously like something out of a certain animal ears & tails pantsu wearing magical pilot girl anime....... whut? XD
Just like my Sky Girls comment, that is no surprise, given how Humikane Shimada, who was original creator of Strike Witches, was the original character designer for the four main females in this series, with Arnval and Strarf being the first two figures in the toy line altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Hmmm remembers plamoo stop motion

Spoiler for ....:
Interesting enough, the female character in that video is another figure in the Busou Shinki line.
Old 2012-10-06, 17:52   Link #95
Dark Wing

you know I think this is one of the rare cases where a series could've benefited had it been of the shounen genre. I mean come on you have miniature battle ready robots it just screams shounen battle tournament.
Old 2012-10-06, 17:59   Link #96
Arctic_Kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
It is? I thought there was no relation between the ONA and this?
Actuallly it isn't; No relation to Arnval or Master, only the Busou Shinki universe. It is a separate story with different characters. Moon Angel had Tsubasa and Arnval MK II while this one has Rihito (shown almost the same in kid form) with Arnval and other gals. Be nice if it made a reference to Moon Angel though.
Arctic_Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 18:18   Link #97
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Kitsune View Post
Actuallly it isn't; No relation to Arnval or Master, only the Busou Shinki universe. It is a separate story with different characters. Moon Angel had Tsubasa and Arnval MK II while this one has Rihito (shown almost the same in kid form) with Arnval and other gals. Be nice if it made a reference to Moon Angel though.
Ah, I thought as much. Thanks for the clarification.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 21:44   Link #98
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, I watched the series. I have some passing familiarity due to Moon Angel, and playing the PSP games (Arnval sniping. Accept no substitutes).

Random thoughts: Cute girl dolls doing cute things. I want ;___;

Also Arn is ridiculously cute and I don't like blondes and yet I heart her.

And I just can't stop laughing at their antics while Ines is being all straight shinki to the other girls. Definitely following this show.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 21:58   Link #99
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

This is gonna sell like hot cakes...book it.
Old 2012-10-07, 00:04   Link #100
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Seems like a fun show. The focus seems to be mainly on the Shinkis, considering at this point we haven't even been told the MC's name. The combat is well done, but a bit boring at this stage. Might just be because I've watched too much mecha combat, but still, it's be nice having something to set it apart from the others fighting-wise.
Kinda disturbs me how.............................................." devoted" the Shinkis are to their master though. And what the hell was the MC doing to Arn under the covers at the beginning?

General observations:
1. Yeah, I know animes like this maintain realism like I maintain a healthy income (read: not at all), but seriously, how much do these 15cm tall dolls weigh? At that leverage, most people would need to use all their strength to flip a knife into a box with that penetration, and these robots can do it by sitting down? I'm pretty sure that exceeds the density of any material know to man. I'm just gonna assume they're running the whole "set in an alternate universe where Newtonian physics do not apply" thing.

2. Okay, what the hell is Lene made from? Seriously, dat BOUNCE.

3. Did anyone else find it funny how, during the search for the letter, Arn was like: "You two go left, I'll go right", and they still all ended up in the same place?

4. So apparently these 15cm tall robots eat cake and drink tea. Where does it go? Kinda makes you wonder just how anatomically correct they are.
i like your observations, keep it up, i'll be reading them if you do it again
also i'd like to mention one of the rules of anime
"everytime you talk about physics in an anime, god kills a cat girl
please think of the catgirls"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Like this?

cant stop seeing this one

Tags
action, bishoujo, mecha musume, science fiction, slice of life