Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-09-29, 22:42   Link #1
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Dragon Ball Super (Manga)

Discuss the manga that it's very different from the anime!

Reuniting the franchise's iconic characters, Dragon Ball Super follows the aftermath of Goku's fierce battle with Majin Buu as he attempts to maintain earth's fragile peace.

Dragon Ball Super is the manga adaptation of the anime original TV series of the same title.

The series has been published in English by VIZ Media under the Shonen Jump imprint since May 2, 2017.
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 05:11   Link #2
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Erm.... Goku is terrible father??
Old 2017-09-30, 05:49   Link #3
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Wait what there actually none thread for Super before??
How could we missed this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Erm.... Goku is terrible father??
Nice start for first topic bro
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 06:26   Link #4
Sixth
Hu Tao

Goku was so bad as father it made Frieza a good father for Gohan.

Frieza: OH no~! My archnemesis's son got himself in the deep shit...Time to mount a rescue attempt!
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 12:06   Link #5
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

So, like, how about the whole exhibition match being completely different from the anime and Toyotaro's showing how the world of each hakaishin is, like Belmod's harley quin harem?
Old 2017-09-30, 13:24   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess it was time to make this thread, since the manga has been quite different from the anime for a while now.

The latest chapter of the manga has told us more about the GoDs than the last twenty or so episode of the anime. They even managed to give Mosco (robot GoD) some personality by implying he was casually throwing insults. Belmod's portrayal was quite surprising, I thought he was a fervent supporter of justice like the Pride Troopers.

I can't wait to see the outcome of the exhibition match in order to get a better idea where Beerus stands, which in turn will give us a better idea where Goku and Vegeta stand with their mastered SSB.

One tiny difference I hope Toyotaro will keep is that Gohan was drawn wearing Piccolo's gi rather than Goku's on the cover from the previous issue. He needs to wear it in the ToP too.
Old 2017-09-30, 18:33   Link #7
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
One tiny difference I hope Toyotaro will keep is that Gohan was drawn wearing Piccolo's gi rather than Goku's on the cover from the previous issue. He needs to wear it in the ToP too.
Yeah, I prefer Gohan with Picollo's gi rather than Goku (or Kamesenryuu gi). I can kinda undertstand him using it in Buu saga after saying goodbye to Goku but Gohan suits Piccolo's gi much better.

Wonder if we can see him wearing Picollo's cape just before the tournament starts lol. Preferably in super saiyan state for old time stakes before he turns into Ultimate Gohan (Mytsic Gohan).

The manga did better than anime for the Future Trunks Saga. And the current arc started with a awesome bang.
Old 2017-09-30, 20:01   Link #8
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Kanon: I'm caught up with the manga and am now on episode 10 (will watch it soon) of the anime. So I need to ask: is the manga completely different from the anime? And can we consider the additional info about the Gods of Destruction in the manga as canon?

I also read the Dragon Ball Z manga to the end recently (I had to stop before because the site I was reading at didn't have some of the chapters in the Cell Saga or around there). I'd thought Gohan couldn't turn into a Super Saiyan anymore after turning Mystic, due to the anime and what people had been saying. But in the manga, all it says is that Gohan transform into the new form just like how he turns Super Saiyan. Nothing was said about him not being able to turn Super Saiyan. I'm glad I read the manga.

Anyway, I heard that Goku adds the power of Kaiouken x40-50 to his Blue form. It puts a lot of stress on his body, though, so hopefully he can find another way to make Blue more powerful. It's too bad that they seem to not be able to use the Super Saiyan 2 or 3 versions of Blue because then there'd be no need to rely on the Kaiouken. Gohan's lucky because he can use the Mystic version of Blue.

Speaking of the DBZ manga, I noticed that the Old Kaioushin from 15 generations ago gave Goku his life and then said he'd only had 1,000 years left in him anyway. And he also said something like going Super Saiyan (maybe talking about just Level 3) will shorten his lifespan, or something along those lines. And it's also possible that using Super Saiyan Blue shortens his lifespan, too. So I'm kind of worried. I hope they can fix this. I wonder how long he'd have had left to live normally, if he hadn't died by being caught up in Cell's self-destruction explosion? What's a pureblood Saiyan's normal lifespan? I hope it's mentioned at some point.
Old 2017-09-30, 20:12   Link #9
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

The manga and anime are two separate canons at this point.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 20:27   Link #10
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Anyway, I heard that Goku adds the power of Kaiouken x40-50 to his Blue form. It puts a lot of stress on his body, though, so hopefully he can find another way to make Blue more powerful. It's too bad that they seem to not be able to use the Super Saiyan 2 or 3 versions of Blue because then there'd be no need to rely on the Kaiouken. Gohan's lucky because he can use the Mystic version of Blue.
It's only Kaioken x10 actually and it's an anime exclusive.
In the manga he uses a form called "Super Saiyan Blue Full Power", where he doesnt let his godly ki leak out of his body.
It requires precise ki control otherwise it can be just as lethal as SSB Kaoiken.

Vegeta is also capable of using this form.
Old 2017-09-30, 23:13   Link #11
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
@Kanon: I'm caught up with the manga and am now on episode 10 (will watch it soon) of the anime. So I need to ask: is the manga completely different from the anime? And can we consider the additional info about the Gods of Destruction in the manga as canon?

I also read the Dragon Ball Z manga to the end recently (I had to stop before because the site I was reading at didn't have some of the chapters in the Cell Saga or around there). I'd thought Gohan couldn't turn into a Super Saiyan anymore after turning Mystic, due to the anime and what people had been saying. But in the manga, all it says is that Gohan transform into the new form just like how he turns Super Saiyan. Nothing was said about him not being able to turn Super Saiyan. I'm glad I read the manga.

Manga and Anime are very different.

For instance:
Anime Goku is bad father by ignoring Gohan's existence until Vegeta brought him up.
Manga Goku is literally insulted Gohan for not joining him to U6 V U7 arc.

Manga is completely glossed over Revival of Frieza arc.
Anime has Revival of Frieza arc.

Villains or antagonists are more stronger in anime and Goku and Vegeta are almost unstoppable in manga.
Old 2017-09-30, 23:22   Link #12
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

In the end, he still terrible father
Old 2017-10-01, 02:22   Link #13
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Manga is completely glossed over Revival of Frieza arc.
Anime has Revival of Frieza arc.
Resurrection F actually got a manga sidestory. It wasnt included in the official releases, but it does exist.
Old 2017-10-01, 02:23   Link #14
Random14

Yeah, I'm liking the manga version a lot better than the anime version. There are still lots of similar plot points, but the anime stretched things out and had a lot more stupid events happen to drag out fights longer. Though some of those events are still in the manga but not as many so its not as annoying.

Most recently, its just really fun to see Beerus and the other GoDs actually fighting it out. While the Buu fight in the anime was good, its refreshing to see the GoDs doing something rather than just standing around talking about their chances.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-01, 08:30   Link #15
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Sixth: As Ruki said, Goku is still a terrible father either way. In the manga, it was also shown that Goku thinks it's fine to not be there for his wife during childbirth, to which Vegeta said, "I don't know about being a husband, but as a father, you're the worst". And frankly, I agree with Vegeta.

@Tong: So Goku and Vegeta don't keep their God ki from leaking out to complete Super Saiyan Blue in the anime? But isn't that what would complete Super Saiyan Blue? And since when does Vegeta know the Kaiouken (if you mean Vegeta can also use the Super Saiyan Blue Kaiouken form)? I know Vegeta can use the completed Super Saiyan Blue in the manga, where the God ki doesn't leak.

@Random14: In the manga, Gohan still hasn't gone back to martial arts yet, right? While in the anime, he became a Super Saiyan God and also infused the power of Mystic into it for his version of Super Saiyan Blue (whatever he'd call it). If I heard right.
Old 2017-10-01, 09:14   Link #16
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
@Random14: In the manga, Gohan still hasn't gone back to martial arts yet, right? While in the anime, he became a Super Saiyan God and also infused the power of Mystic into it for his version of Super Saiyan Blue (whatever he'd call it). If I heard right.
Gohan didn't have super saiyan god or blue in the anime. You heard it wrong, but of course it kinda indicated that he will become super saiyan white or something. He did said something that he wants to surpass his father with his own super saiyan version or something in the anime.

Anime Vegeta doesn't know Kaioken or SSG or at least I don't remember seeing he is doing SSG in the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Yeah, I'm liking the manga version a lot better than the anime version. There are still lots of similar plot points, but the anime stretched things out and had a lot more stupid events happen to drag out fights longer. Though some of those events are still in the manga but not as many so its not as annoying.
I like Black Goku anime arc more than manga version. Mainly because Future Trunks are relevant and useful in his own arc instead of completely helpless in the manga version.
Old 2017-10-01, 09:29   Link #17
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Vegeta became a SSGSS in Revival of F and the manga, both. I really hope it's not the opposite in the anime.

To become Super Saiyan White or whatever, he'll have to become a Super Saiyan God first. So if he wants to do that, he'll probably become a Super Saiyan God in the anime soon if he hasn't already. As for him surpassing his father: that's already a given, since he's always been said to have more potential than anyone else. Goku should be able to keep up, though, since he trains more than anyone else.

Speaking of the Goku Black in the anime. I'm looking forward to seeing Super Saiyan Rage. But the fact that he got that form means he also became a Super Saiyan God, right? When did that happen?

Anyone know how old that new female Saiyan character from Universe 6 is? It'd be good if she isn't too much older than Goten. I'm glad that there are more Saiyans because this way, the Saiyan race isn't mostly extinct anymore. And the ones in Universe 7 also won't be going completely extinct anytime soon since some of them should be able to copulate with the Saiyans from Universe 6 and keep the race going.
Old 2017-10-01, 09:33   Link #18
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Vegeta became a SSGSS in Revival of F and the manga, both. I really hope it's not the opposite in the anime.

To become Super Saiyan White or whatever, he'll have to become a Super Saiyan God first. So if he wants to do that, he'll probably become a Super Saiyan God in the anime soon if he hasn't already. As for him surpassing his father: that's already a given, since he's always been said to have more potential than anyone else. Goku should be able to keep up, though, since he trains more than anyone else.

Speaking of the Goku Black in the anime. I'm looking forward to seeing Super Saiyan Rage. But the fact that he got that form means he also became a Super Saiyan God, right? When did that happen?

Anyone know how old that new female Saiyan character from Universe 6 is? It'd be good if she isn't too much older than Goten. I'm glad that there are more Saiyans because this way, the Saiyan race isn't mostly extinct anymore. And the ones in Universe 7 also won't be going completely extinct anytime soon since some of them should be able to copulate with the Saiyans from Universe 6 and keep the race going.
Apparently, one can become SS color without going thru SSG ritual. Vegeta became SSB by a pure effort and training.

Super Saiyan Rage is definitely not SSG. More like Legendary Super Saiyan thing if you ask me.

And U6 female saiyan are definitely older a lot than Goten, at least based on their apperance and attitude.
Old 2017-10-01, 09:38   Link #19
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Vegeta does still have the power of a Super Saiyan God. And I think he did go through the ritual, at least according to Revival of F. It wasn't shown, but it was implied. Shenron said that the way to make a Super Saiyan God is to have 5 Saiyans with a pure heart give their power to one other Saiyan. It really sounds like there's no other way. Not to mention that in Revival of F, they said there was a ritual to make Vegeta a Super Saiyan God after Gohan and Videl's daughter was born. And notice that even in the anime, when Vegeta expressed his annoyance over how it's always Goku to get the stronger power-ups, Goku told him they'll do this to him later on as well. I don't think Goku would break his promise.
Old 2017-10-01, 10:15   Link #20
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Vegeta does still have the power of a Super Saiyan God. And I think he did go through the ritual, at least according to Revival of F. It wasn't shown, but it was implied. Shenron said that the way to make a Super Saiyan God is to have 5 Saiyans with a pure heart give their power to one other Saiyan. It really sounds like there's no other way. Not to mention that in Revival of F, they said there was a ritual to make Vegeta a Super Saiyan God after Gohan and Videl's daughter was born. And notice that even in the anime, when Vegeta expressed his annoyance over how it's always Goku to get the stronger power-ups, Goku told him they'll do this to him later on as well. I don't think Goku would break his promise.
https://youtu.be/PhCIenyqK5E?t=1m14s

Goku said that Vegeta became SSB on his own effort.

That is why I said Manga and Anime are very different.

Tags
donkan mc