AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-06-14, 04:44   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Itsuno hints at tease for 3rd playable character in the DMC5 music video

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 00:18   Link #22
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's a sequel, not a re-imagining this time. It's the same guy. He still uses the same sword and they explained he lost his devil bringer.

Any info on the third playable demon hunter?
There is.

Pay attention to the arm features of the guy who ripped off Nero's Devilbringer arm in the trailer.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 10:27   Link #23
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Capcom finally confirmed it. I think the novels tried hinting it though.

https://us.blastingnews.com/gaming/2...002630961.html
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 00:57   Link #24
Sidvanhalen

So looking forward to this...
Sidvanhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 09:22   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Details from famitsu article.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/18...medium=twitter
  • The goal for Devil May Cry 5 is photorealism, and they’re working on a consistent 60 fps for a high-speed battle feel that you can only get from Devil May Cry.
  • Previously, the focus was on response so players were able to motion cancel, but for Devil May Cry 5 it’ll take the input but it won’t skip through animation.
  • The developers say that if you could do the same thing (motion skipping) as before but with the photorealistic quality of Devil May Cry 5, it would look strange. This is something Capcom is calling “the uncanny valley of action.”
  • For example, when you turn around you’ll feel the weight behind the character movement. However, this brings another problem of having a slower response. The team struggled in finding a way to keep the responsiveness while giving it a more photorealistic appearance.
  • Dante hasn’t gone wild for no reason.
  • The third character you see in the key visual (top image) is a playable character.
  • The relation with Nico and her tattoos is a secret.
  • The background music changes as you pull off combos. For example it’ll change to a B melody then to a C melody to hype things up.
  • That means unless you do something cool, you might get stuck on a repeat of the A melody.
  • Capcom’s goal is to make Devil May Cry 5 the peak of action games in the Heisei period (1989 to ~April 2019)

You know what, after ten years of hearing other games describe as "It's no DMC, but it doesn't have to be" I'm glad to see a developer with the balls to step up and say they're intending to make the best game of this genre.
Old 2018-07-18, 20:42   Link #26
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I wonder how Nero's Devilbreaker will work. I mean in DMC4, Nero's gameplay was a bit simpler than Dante as I could pull easier S ranks by doing jumpcancelling. On the other hand, Dante had multiple weapons so you needed good reflexes to change weapons in the middle of attacks to get a good rank.

Translated Famitsu picture

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2018-07-23 at 19:21.
Old 2018-08-21, 19:03   Link #27
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Did you see the new gameplay vid? Now Nero can run faster in contrast to DMC4 where you had to earn the skill. His Devilbreaker is epic as heck but I wonder if he will have access to a devil transformation like Dante or just his blue ghost considering he lost Yamato. Also, the auto lock on from DmC was removed.

Spoiler for leak of the controls:
Old 2018-08-24, 05:24   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Old 2018-08-25, 09:22   Link #29
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Capcom's Hideaki Itsuno On Ninja Theory, Nico, And The Difference Between Dante And Nero:

Over the years DMC has had different playable characters like Dante, Nero, and Vergil. Do you feel a particular attachment to Nero since he’s the character you were most involved with versus Dante, who already existed when you came on board?

I did come up with Nero, but we didn’t have Vergil playable in the same form as we now know him as until DMC 3, which I directed, so Vergil is also sort of another character that I basically came up with. But that really has nothing to do with why Nero is really one of the star characters this time around. It really comes down to, In DMC 4 we had a teenage Nero, and we thought, “Well, let’s see what would happen if we saw him in his prime, if we saw him a little older, as an adult.”

And then also the idea of that he has this amazing Devil Bringer. How would the player feel if we ripped that away from him, and instead we give him something new to try out? How would they react to that? Also, there’s certainly things that we wanted to do with Dante as well, which you’ll find a little bit more about at TGS.

In the trailer we saw a little bit of Dante, with him wielding the motorcycles. Can you offer details about his gameplay? Will he be similar to his DMC 3 iteration?

Actually I don’t think anyone’s asked this question. We’re going to go more into detail about Dante at TGS, but in terms of whether he’ll more like his DMC 3 or 4 iteration, we’ll have to say more like DMC 3.

How limited do you see the ammo as being? Do you see it as something players will have carefully manage their use of things, or is it something like, “In this encounter I have X uses of an arm, but I’ll probably get one before the next fight?”

That’s actually a really important part of the game design. It was something we were talking about earlier, about how I’m the kind of guy who never uses elixirs when I play RPGs, so I always have 99 elixirs when I get to the final battle. And we were talking about how yeah, actually we have a lot of people on the team who are like that too. So as we’ve designed the game, we all kind of figured we want people to use the Devil Breakers. And ideally, it gets to the point where people use basically use up their last Devil Breaker in a boss fight in any given mission.

You’ll notice we don’t have a score bonus for having a certain number of Devil Breakers by the end of the stage, because that’s not the intent. The intent is to have people enjoy playing with them. So to that end, we try to design in a way so that for instance, if you have a full amount of Devil Breakers in your inventory, you see one lying on the ground and go, “Well okay, I’m going to use one of them up right now so I can pick up that one up.”

After DMC 4 there was the Ninja Theory game, DmC: Devil May Cry. Did the team behind 5 look at that game for any inspiration?

We learned so much from Ninja Theory and DmC. That was a collaboration between Capcom and Ninja Theory. I went to Cambridge once every couple of months to work those guys. So we learned a lot of from them, and you want to talk about stylish… Ninja Theory, those guys are style incarnate, man. What they did with DmC, that art style, those animations, that is real style, y’know? So we took a lot of what we learned from that.

Even stuff like the kill cams, for instance, we took a lot of that, and having learned that, we tried to implement that in this game as well.

Another thing is, we have a lot of friends who love DmC. For me, DmC is one of my favorite DMC games, if not my favorite. And we wanted to make the game in a way that people who enjoyed that game will enjoy the way it controls just as much as they enjoyed DmC.

One of the things that’s stood out to me about DMC 5 is Nico. Can you talk about creating her, and what you see as her role within DMC 5?

There’s a lot going on with Nico. We created her as Nero’s partner, and the idea is that she’s a gunsmith, just like her grandmother Nell Goldstein who created Ebony and Ivory. So there’s a lot going on with her in the lore of DMC. But she’s inherited that knack of creating weapons and engineering. She considers herself a weapons artist. She can take these materials she’s got and create true visions of beauty, to create havoc.

Nico feels like she’s the latest in a series of characters, like Trish and Lady, who act as the partner characters to Dante or Nero. With the time distance you had between DMC 4 and 5, did you ever considering creating a playable female character in a starring role

The way we approached it was, “Okay, here’s all the stuff that we want do with the franchise and the story any everything,” so I never considered what sex should this character be, you know? It was just, “Hey, this is the idea.” Either way, Nico is someone we always wanted to be this weapons artist. And then otherwise, we technically haven’t announced any details on this third character yet, so we haven’t announced whether it’s a man or a woman.

Is there any chance we might see either Trish or Lady in DMC 5?

Let me put it this way: If you wait just a little longer, you’ll find out.
https://www.gameinformer.com/gamesco...erence-between
Old 2018-08-25, 09:47   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Everything we know so far about Nero's gameplay, including dodging, blue rose, style system and the new Devil Breaker system

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dmc...warning.64268/
Old 2018-08-25, 19:29   Link #31
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

When Itsuno said that Dante will be more like in DMC3 or 4, did he mean by personality or gameplay? I mean, in DMC4 Dante had a lot of potential for combos because he could wield all weapons and change styles in combat. If he meant personality, he might have implied the plot will be far darker.
Old 2018-09-01, 22:25   Link #32
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Spoiler for Hyper BIG SPOILERS about the story:

Spoiler for vid was taken down so I'll give you the spoiler in this table. BE CAREFUL OF SPOILERS:

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2018-09-03 at 17:54.
Old 2018-09-06, 00:13   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Super Best Friends podcast on DMCV info from Gamescom:

Nero's remaining Devil Breakers info from PAX:
Old 2018-09-06, 12:36   Link #34
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

For the ones who don't wanna watch vids, this article details the Devil Breakers.

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview...kin-sexy-style
Old 2018-09-21, 11:14   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

TGS trailer featuring Dante

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Mega Buster trailer

YouTube
Old 2018-09-21, 19:49   Link #36
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

They removed Dante's original theme song for his demo!
YouTube
Old 2018-09-22, 01:09   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

IGN posted the gameplay too early now it's removed

YouTube

This gameplay is a live stream from the Capcom stage, it shows slightly bit more things

YouTube
Old 2018-09-22, 20:54   Link #38
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Can't git gud? Buy your way to victory!

Obviously I'm exaggerating, as this only means micros will allow you to buy orbs for skills rather than grind for them.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 06:38   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Can't git gud? Buy your way to victory!

Obviously I'm exaggerating, as this only means micros will allow you to buy orbs for skills rather than grind for them.
Yeah, you can't buy power in DMC because there aren't any skills that increases your damage. You'll just be left with a bunch of moves that you don't know how to use.

Not to mention most of the important stuff are still lock behind story progression so you are never progressing faster than what is expected of you.
Old 2018-09-23, 19:02   Link #40
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So if the twitter is right, Capcom changed two big things about the system. Devil Trigger is only available to restore health as healing items have been removed. Oh boy :/