3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-06, 19:46   Link #4201
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

:P Actually, it doesn't really. Your initial interpretation is more than likely correct: if you listen to V.V.'s words in that scene, he talks about recieving Code in future tense. This doesn't make sense from a 'he still has his memories' perspective, since V.V. had already had one for ~50 years. If he were talking about getting another one (why? how?) he'd probably say something like "I'll reclaim it".

I think it was more rather the fact that VV was recalling some memories, like how Lelouch saw his life flash before him, VV was recalling that particular incident when he was about to die. There's too many plot holes. For we know that when CC lost her code, she lost all her memories from the moment she got Geass and all the time after. Yet VV, definitely has knowledge of Geass in that scene.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 19:50   Link #4202
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
I think it was more rather the fact that VV was recalling some memories, like how Lelouch saw his life flash before him, VV was recalling that particular incident when he was about to die. There's too many plot holes. For we know that when CC lost her code, she lost all her memories from the moment she got Geass and all the time after. Yet VV, definitely has knowledge of Geass in that scene.
Lelouch saw his entire life and was coherent. V.V. was focusing on a key moment before acquiring the Geass, with C.C. losing her memories when her code was sealed at the end of the same episode. Too convenient.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 20:10   Link #4203
chris062689
The Azure Knight

Something still really bothers me...
Lelouch was planning to fake his own death even in R1 (See: Episode 22)

After watching that episode again, and the dialog between Euphie and Lelouch, I am almost certain it was a staged death.

He said he wanted to make a recovery back in R1, but of course he wouldn't want to do this in R2, where everyone hated him.

There was even a few pieces of dialog in their conversation that foreshadowed his death I believe.
I think in one of the episodes he said something about.. "If people only want to believe in a miracle, even a fake miracle, that's fine with me." (or something like that).
chris062689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 20:14   Link #4204
lovecakecookies

We were told to watch the first episode of R1 by the writer/director before the last episode, if anything, the first episode and the things he says foreshadows his death as well.
Old 2008-10-06, 21:38   Link #4205
killbethy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
We were told to watch the first episode of R1 by the writer/director before the last episode, if anything, the first episode and the things he says foreshadows his death as well.
We were told to watch the first episode to see and recall the journey that Lelouch has taken and how much Geass has changed him.... not for foreshadowing of his death.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 21:56   Link #4206
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris062689 View Post
Something still really bothers me...
Lelouch was planning to fake his own death even in R1 (See: Episode 22)

After watching that episode again, and the dialog between Euphie and Lelouch, I am almost certain it was a staged death.

He said he wanted to make a recovery back in R1, but of course he wouldn't want to do this in R2, where everyone hated him.

There was even a few pieces of dialog in their conversation that foreshadowed his death I believe.
I think in one of the episodes he said something about.. "If people only want to believe in a miracle, even a fake miracle, that's fine with me." (or something like that).
Did you notice what happened after Euphie and Lelouch's dialogue? "Zero...our Japan's savior..." "Stop it...I'm neither a savior nor a messiah." After that event knocked all the arrogance and deception right out of him, do you really think he could pull a stunt with the same shit insincerity again? Lelouch wasn't pretending to be the world's greatest jackass in the end, he was it. And that is why he was willing to accept his death.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 22:54   Link #4207
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
We were told to watch the first episode to see and recall the journey that Lelouch has taken and how much Geass has changed him.... not for foreshadowing of his death.
I know that... where did I say that wasn't the case..

However, The first episode IMO foreshadows his death..
Old 2008-10-06, 23:35   Link #4208
chris062689
The Azure Knight

How exactly does it foreshadow his death?
Aside from getting Geass
Old 2008-10-06, 23:36   Link #4209
chris062689
The Azure Knight

Quote:
Did you notice what happened after Euphie and Lelouch's dialogue? "Zero...our Japan's savior..." "Stop it...I'm neither a savior nor a messiah." After that event knocked all the arrogance and deception right out of him, do you really think he could pull a stunt with the same shit insincerity again? Lelouch wasn't pretending to be the world's greatest jackass in the end, he was it. And that is why he was willing to accept his death.
That can be taken both ways.
Why would he attempt to be the Messiah and die like that, then?
Old 2008-10-07, 00:30   Link #4210
Sol Falling

:P Lelouch didn't attempt to be the Messiah. Were you even paying attention? Lelouch became the World's Greatest Jackass, genuinely, to the extent that he'd Geass Nunally and make her fall down a flight of stairs trying to chase him. And feel no remorse at all. That part was hilarious.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 02:55   Link #4211
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Quote:
:P Lelouch didn't attempt to be the Messiah. Were you even paying attention? Lelouch became the World's Greatest Jackass, genuinely, to the extent that he'd Geass Nunally and make her fall down a flight of stairs trying to chase him. And feel no remorse at all. That part was hilarious.
Since when was Lelouch ever being an ass to the world? Throughout the entirety of the show Lelouch constantly tried to minimize casualties, but not at the expense of results. There are far too many examples that would take up too much time explaining, but some examples are; Euphy, Suzaku, Shirley, and Rolo. Every single one of these characters inhibits Lelouch's plans at some point in the series yet Lelouch never sacrificed a single one of them. Lelouch constantly discusses how he's tired of losing things that are dear to him and never once sacrificed any of them.

Also, how could anyone interpret Lelouch as being an Asshole to Nunnally? At the end Lelouch used the Geass to prevent Nunnally from feeling as if she betrayed the world. He understood Nunnally was too firmly rooted in her convictions to allow Lelouch to continue his plans (plans that would bring peace to the world) so instead of trying to convince her to join him, the evil side, he used his Geass as a means to make her feel betrayed. In this respect Lelouch preserves Nunnally's desire to save the world, even if it means he'll have to betray the one thing he longs for most: his sister's love.

As for Kallen, I didn't really have a problem with how the series handled her. It was made apparent Lelouch had conflicting desires about the multitude of female characters surrounding him.

Shirley's Romance:

Spoiler:

Kallen's Romance

Spoiler:

C.C.'s Romance

Spoiler:

Geass Code and C.C.'s memories

Spoiler:

Why I knew Lelouch lived

Spoiler:

Due to the length of my post, I decided to hide the majority of them in spoilers to avoid the "Wall of text" that most people avert. Feel free the reveal any of the topics I adressed for further discussion. This is my first contributing post to Animesuki, hopefully my posts will be pleasing.
Momosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 03:10   Link #4212
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
C.C doesn't lost her code....in episode 20...

C.C forehead be code symbol...
Old 2008-10-07, 05:40   Link #4213
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Dealing with Subjective Arguments. A Beginner's Guide:
  1. Facts are things everyone can agree with.
  2. INTERPRETATIONS of facts are not things everyone can agree with.
  3. Never mud-wrestle with a pig. You'll get dirty and the pig will just enjoy it. This doesn't have anything to do with the topic. Just practical advice.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 10:46   Link #4214
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

OMFG 211+ pages & still wonder lelouch is alive or "whacked" alright GORO & sunrise where are ya tell the real mf'n TRUTH or else i'm going ENTER KLAC-MAN to get that answer out of ya!!!

& find my theroies that lelouch is alive
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:16   Link #4215
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Lelouch lives.
/thread.
Old 2008-10-07, 14:21   Link #4216
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
Since when was Lelouch ever being an ass to the world? Throughout the entirety of the show Lelouch constantly tried to minimize casualties, but not at the expense of results. There are far too many examples that would take up too much time explaining, but some examples are; Euphy, Suzaku, Shirley, and Rolo. Every single one of these characters inhibits Lelouch's plans at some point in the series yet Lelouch never sacrificed a single one of them. Lelouch constantly discusses how he's tired of losing things that are dear to him and never once sacrificed any of them.

Also, how could anyone interpret Lelouch as being an Asshole to Nunnally? At the end Lelouch used the Geass to prevent Nunnally from feeling as if she betrayed the world. He understood Nunnally was too firmly rooted in her convictions to allow Lelouch to continue his plans (plans that would bring peace to the world) so instead of trying to convince her to join him, the evil side, he used his Geass as a means to make her feel betrayed. In this respect Lelouch preserves Nunnally's desire to save the world, even if it means he'll have to betray the one thing he longs for most: his sister's love.

As for Kallen, I didn't really have a problem with how the series handled her. It was made apparent Lelouch had conflicting desires about the multitude of female characters surrounding him.

Shirley's Romance:

Spoiler:

Kallen's Romance

Spoiler:

C.C.'s Romance

Spoiler:

Geass Code and C.C.'s memories

Spoiler:

Why I knew Lelouch lived

Spoiler:

Due to the length of my post, I decided to hide the majority of them in spoilers to avoid the "Wall of text" that most people avert. Feel free the reveal any of the topics I adressed for further discussion. This is my first contributing post to Animesuki, hopefully my posts will be pleasing.
Yes, because clearly C.C can only be happy because she get's sex. It couldn't be because Lelouch caused her to regain her humanity.

No it can't be character development
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:35   Link #4217
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuki_yuki92 View Post
anyway.. will R3 coming soon?

or just ova or movie?
R3?! Who dares to start another rebellion after Lelouch went through everything to bring the world peace?! Boy if I find out that happens I'll have to transform myself into a weird anime form, jump through my computer screen and enter the world that is Code Geass, have wild sex with C.C. and then go kill that person!

Another season or OVA is fine, just don't let it involve war, not after what already happened.
Lord Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:47   Link #4218
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Lelouch's peace is a farce that won't last longer than a few months. His big idea was that creating a power vacuum will make everyone unite instead of fight over who gets what? Bitch please. Politics don't work that way. There WILL be more war, and in the end Lelouch caused a huge ruckus and threw the world into turmoil for the better part of two years just so it could get a fragile peace that'll go away in a matter of months. The only reason there won't be an R3 is that Taniguchi doesn't want to have to BS politics even more than he already had to in R2 to make his poorly thought-out story work.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:51   Link #4219
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Lelouch's peace is a farce that won't last longer than a few months. His big idea was that creating a power vacuum will make everyone unite instead of fight over who gets what? Bitch please. Politics don't work that way. There WILL be more war, and in the end Lelouch caused a huge ruckus and threw the world into turmoil for the better part of two years just so it could get a fragile peace that'll go away in a matter of months. The only reason there won't be an R3 is that Taniguchi doesn't want to have to BS politics even more than he already had to in R2 to make his poorly thought-out story work.
I imagine that, between the UN and Nunnally, the peace will last a lot longer than a few months. And Lelouch was quite aware that it might not last; he knew and acknowledged the fact that that the future is uncertain. However, what he did do has an extremely good chance at lasting, because of the institutions he set up, and because his sister would become the next Empress of Britannia, who we know is an advocate of peace.
Old 2008-10-07, 14:55   Link #4220
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

You mean the same UN that was SO effective that all it took was one man to completely troll them and take their leaders hostage? Oh, and let's not forget the amazing political insight of the crippled child as well as institutions that would likely be destroyed immediately for being associated with the "demon Lelouch." We got a fantastical sugar-coated cherry blossoms resolution for the world that has no artistic or realistic merits. To even pretend the peace has a chance of lasting is laughable.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote