AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-21, 07:06   Link #41
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

ah, the usual yuri dork in animes. much like Chizuru in Bleach. thank you for answering my question
Old 2009-05-21, 07:08   Link #42
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusiangel View Post
i don't know if anybody is seeing the coal guys version but is it wide or full screen when i was viewing it o_O it look sorta odd or is it because i got a 1280 x 720 moniter?
Remember, the 4:3 version is three weeks ahead of the 16:9 version of the show. The 16:9 version is often clearly marked. (CoalGuys is marking it "WS version"). If unmarked, it's probably the 4:3 version.
Old 2009-05-22, 21:12   Link #43
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
This shows seems really interesting but I am not into music type shows since I don't anything about making music nor do I play any instruments. Is ther more to both the anime/manga than music?
Old 2009-05-22, 21:20   Link #44
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is mostly a slice of life 4koma based anime set in a club enviroment. The plots revolves more on the girls lives in the club than actually making music, though they do that as well.

It is a comedy moslty.
Old 2009-05-28, 16:57   Link #45
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
ah, the usual yuri dork in animes. much like Chizuru in Bleach. thank you for answering my question
"Fantasy" is saying a little much. The character in question only blushes ever so often and the expression on other characters would make it seem like she is interested. That's really all there is to it, no perverted scenes and no visual imagination.
Old 2009-05-31, 23:28   Link #46
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Does anyone know who the actual people behind the instrumental music of K-ON! are? Like who plays the recording for the guitars/bass/drums/keyboard tracks?

[edit]Nevermind; Managed to find the "Music" credit on ANN, and it's some guy named Hajime Hyakkoku...

I guess that leaves me to wonder; Does he really do it all?[/edit]
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-06-01, 12:04   Link #47
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
[edit]Nevermind; Managed to find the "Music" credit on ANN, and it's some guy named Hajime Hyakkoku...

I guess that leaves me to wonder; Does he really do it all?[/edit]
Well, he composed the BGM tracks and probably provided some of the base clips of the different instruments, but there are other musicians working on the insert songs for the show, so some of the band tracks you hear are going to be from those recording sessions. Some of it is also going to be filled in by the sound effects team when they need extra bits here and there. So, it's not as if there's one single real musician on each instrument that, when put together, would be the real "K-On band". It's all assembled in post.
Old 2009-06-01, 13:01   Link #48
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, he composed the BGM tracks and probably provided some of the base clips of the different instruments, but there are other musicians working on the insert songs for the show, so some of the band tracks you hear are going to be from those recording sessions. Some of it is also going to be filled in by the sound effects team when they need extra bits here and there. So, it's not as if there's one single real musician on each instrument that, when put together, would be the real "K-On band". It's all assembled in post.
In that case, I backtrack myself and reitterate: Since we now have a definition of "composer" thrown into the mix, do we know any credits on who actually plays the guitars/bass/drums/keyboard tracks?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-06-02, 02:40   Link #49
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

hey my friend said this anime's only 13 episodes long, is that true?

Old 2009-06-02, 03:30   Link #50
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Seems to be true. Besides, there's not much manga material beyond 13 episodes in animated. Well, I hope it goes Minami-ke format where a next season comes by in the future.
Old 2009-06-02, 06:00   Link #51
FateAnomaly

Why didn't Ui want to join the light music club?
Old 2009-06-02, 06:02   Link #52
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Most probably, she doesn't want to get in her sister's way. Personal space issues. I'll PM you why I don't think it's due to lack of talent.
Old 2009-06-02, 06:04   Link #53
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

That reminds me, what club did Ui joined?
I'm not sure if I did missed it in the manga.
Old 2009-06-02, 06:05   Link #54
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It's not stated, but given the amount of work she has to do at home, I'll say she doesn't have a club.
Old 2009-06-02, 10:11   Link #55
stubby42

I was wondering, is Azusa singing cagkaye! girls (the opening theme song)?

My reasoning being that in the extended version someone individually names each member of the band and they do their respective solo's the only one not included is Azusa.

Or am I just way off base?
Old 2009-06-06, 19:48   Link #56
Tamekichi
流離っている

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post

My reasoning being that in the extended version someone individually names each member of the band and they do their respective solo's the only one not included is Azusa.

iTunes Japan only lists the 4 main seiyuu as the artists of the song. It's not like iTunes has the final say on these things though, because they are inaccurate a lot I've found.
Old 2009-06-07, 02:11   Link #57
Kudryavka

In episode 5, why does Tsumugi start looking at Sawako through those binoculars? Is she a yuri fan or something?
Old 2009-06-07, 14:21   Link #58
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

not really an important question,but--
how many manga chapter had been released on japan?
Old 2009-06-08, 00:04   Link #59
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
In episode 5, why does Tsumugi start looking at Sawako through those binoculars? Is she a yuri fan or something?
Her answer was that she likes to see interaction between girls. Most would take that as her having yuri-vision, also known as Mugi-vision. Her being a lesbian is not established however.
Old 2009-06-08, 19:15   Link #60
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post

I don't think so, because Azu-nyan is never really shown to sing anyway. Just mad guitar skills like Hendrix .

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a