AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-18, 22:26   Link #4281
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Huh...I think I take back what I said. Looks like Heavyarms Custom, nothing new.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 01:13   Link #4282
FalsePrime

Hmm. The V Fin is different and the Weapon is as well. So I guess that is Pro, still the way they are revealing it makes it seem more like Heavyarms.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 01:27   Link #4283
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

A new weapon means nothing in Frozen Teardrop, given the new weapons that the rest of the Wing-series Gundams have busted out since this began. Chances are it's still the Heavyarms they're showing there.
Old 2012-05-19, 01:37   Link #4284
FalsePrime

Well iven the Clown mask and Old Trowa and Quatre on the cover along side the fact we haven't seen HA on a cover yet, the first thing I thought was that it's Heavyarms.

It's not even the weapon that really gives me pause, it's the differently shaped V-Fin that makes me wonder if it could Pro. As it stands I really think it would be dumb if it is indeed Pro but I really don't think Kotaki would smooth out the V-Fin when HA Kai EW's isn't smooth.
Old 2012-05-19, 05:41   Link #4285
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

The suit looks like it's still being built/painted. Plus, it carries a cross-shaped gatling gun like Prometheus is said to do in the novel. So yep, that's Prometheus alright. Thanks for the pic, gordol!

Makes one wonder if the suits on the covers before are indeed Wing Zero and Deathscythe and not Snow White and Warlock. xD

On a side note, why is Quatre holding a bow? Would they please stop with the stupid Robin Hood references. >_>
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 05:53   Link #4286
Yesman
PMS Avenger

I'm guessing that Prometheus' Beam Gatling is full of mercy?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 06:56   Link #4287
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
The suit looks like it's still being built/painted. Plus, it carries a cross-shaped gatling gun like Prometheus is said to do in the novel. So yep, that's Prometheus alright. Thanks for the pic, gordol!
Novel states that Prometheus is only 80% completed. So it's safe to assume that it is Prometheus on the cover. They better give it some good weaponaries in it's final form because the Virgo IV comes packed with a new Planet Defenser System and a Twin Barreled Beam Rifle with power output that rivaled Wing Zero's.

Quote:
Makes one wonder if the suits on the covers before are indeed Wing Zero and Deathscythe and not Snow White and Warlock. xD
In regards to it's similarity to H-Arms Kai EW, well, Bandai had to reuse the old design somewhere with the minimum of changes for the model kit release somewhere and somehow, right ?
So all in all it's likely SW and WL will bear similar looks and designs to their predecessors.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2012-05-19 at 07:13.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 07:50   Link #4288
Aldaeus

I'm intrigued by a few things in that picture... 1. Prometheus's weapon placement, it shows the gatling in a position that would put it over the one shoulder. 2. The way its armor is designed seems similar yet different from Heavyarms at the same time just looking at the shoulder there seems to be more forward missiles than the Heavyarms Kai. It is a different suit... but obviously it was developed from Heavyarms, thus it has similar characteristics in its appearance. I'd like to see a full detail of it whenever this months Ace comes along.

Also I think Sumisawa has been watching a little too much Trigun... now the Gundams are showing influences of Wolfwood's machine gun cross.

Aside from that, I'm intrigued as to why Quatre is holding a bow and arrow...

Also rumors from the most recent hobby show over in Japan are that Warlock and Snow White are getting MG kits in the not too distant future, possibly end of summer early fall. So there is a likely possibility that we'll be seeing the others in the not so distant future.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 10:06   Link #4289
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
Also I think Sumisawa has been watching a little too much Trigun... now the Gundams are showing influences of Wolfwood's machine gun cross.
So Heero getting a Buster rifle that can cut through the moon is possible?

Quote:
Aside from that, I'm intrigued as to why Quatre is holding a bow and arrow...
Maybe that Artemis woman that Treize took down?

Quote:
Also rumors from the most recent hobby show over in Japan are that Warlock and Snow White are getting MG kits in the not too distant future, possibly end of summer early fall. So there is a likely possibility that we'll be seeing the others in the not so distant future.
I wouldn't mind Tallgeese Heaven. That's the only MS I'm looking forward to in FT.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 10:34   Link #4290
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Given the differences between the designs (the head is actually quite different if you look at the comparison pic on the last page), I'd say that's definitely the "Prometheus" that's being talked about. And I love it already

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 10:35   Link #4291
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Novel states that Prometheus is only 80% completed. So it's safe to assume that it is Prometheus on the cover. They better give it some good weaponaries in it's final form because the Virgo IV comes packed with a new Planet Defenser System and a Twin Barreled Beam Rifle with power output that rivaled Wing Zero's.
I'm just gonna quote Yesman here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
So Heero getting a Buster rifle that can cut through the moon is possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
In regards to it's similarity to H-Arms Kai EW, well, Bandai had to reuse the old design somewhere with the minimum of changes for the model kit release somewhere and somehow, right?
So all in all it's likely SW and WL will bear similar looks and designs to their predecessors.
Likely, but I still hope they'll differ more. Allusions to the original suits are okay but after I suffered through so many chapters with useless history and wtfuckery I want more than Wing Zero with attachable wings and a bigger gun or something. >_>

Quote:
lol Is that why they trolled the fans with this?

Spoiler for those trolls:

It looks like a Gundam fan's dream cake. xD
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 11:51   Link #4292
Aldaeus

Well if you think about it all they'd really need to do with Warlock is change out the parts for the Scythe possibly some parts for the arms/feet and you have Warlock... likewise for Snow White assuming the suits are all based similarly in design to the EW version MG kits... they'd only have to change a few parts here and there and reuse the same frame. They could easily convert the Heavyarms EW into Prometheus by changing the gun... and adding a few different external parts...

And I've noticed another thing that has me interested for more detail shots of Prometheus, on the left hand side it looks like there is a missile pod aiming vertically, at first I thought it was the shoulder missiles, but actually its not its entirely separate. So is it a side rack or something? The same thing possibly can be seen under the arm on the right side of the shot. And if that's the case... we're looking at a lot more missiles than the Heavyarms Custom EW could ever pack.

And yes, that is the shot of which I was speaking from which the rumors were sparked, most likely using the Deathscythe and Wing MG's with a custom made Scythe, and covering them with some fabric molded and stiffened with an epoxy or something...
Old 2012-05-19, 15:30   Link #4293
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm still damn disappointed that Prometheus is just Heavyarms with a slightly different head and a different weapon. But I was pretty much expecting it with the way this story's turned out thus far.
Old 2012-05-19, 16:13   Link #4294
FalsePrime

Even Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice are just evolutions of Justice and Freedom so I think Wing fans hope for brandnew non variant designs weren't really thinking straight.

Now how much of a variation it is/should be is up for debate. We still haven't seen Warlock or Snow White nor most of the body of Pro so they could still be different enough to make them worth it.
Old 2012-05-19, 16:15   Link #4295
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Even Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice are just evolutions of Justice and Freedom so I think Wing fans hope for brandnew non variant designs weren't really thinking straight.

Now how much of a variation it is/should be is up for debate. We still haven't seen Warlock or Snow White nor most of the body of Pro so they could still be different enough to make them worth it.
considering scherezade's description, it might be the one that devaites the most to its AC 95 counterpart
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 16:59   Link #4296
Aldaeus

Can't remember off the top of my head, this month's ace out yet or not, because with Prometheus on the cover of the latest volume we may get some technical pages like what they did with the Leo and the EW versions.

And yes Scheherazade will most likely be the largest diviation from the Wing suits, unless it turns out to be based off of Shenlong/Altron...

And I agree that people were getting their hopes up for a little more than should have been expected... at this point the biggest debate on Warlock and Snow White should be if they have wings or not... and in SW's case if its missing wings they have a lot of explaining to do... Heero has always piloted a suit that he's kept for any length of time that had wings in one form or another...

Warlock is lining up to be a slightly modified Deathscythe with a scythe that can split into two scythes.
Old 2012-05-19, 17:06   Link #4297
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post

There's a difference between an evolution in design and a direct copy. Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice both have larger variances in design and equipment, and keep in mind a lot of people hate the Strike Freedom's design anyway. Prometheus, though? Really, it's just Heavyarms Kai with a slightly different head and a new weapon thus far. Not terribly impressive.
Old 2012-05-19, 17:14   Link #4298
Javiersansano

Quote:
Can't remember off the top of my head, this month's ace out yet or not, because with Prometheus on the cover of the latest volume we may get some technical pages like what they did with the Leo and the EW versions.

And yes Scheherazade will most likely be the largest diviation from the Wing suits, unless it turns out to be based off of Shenlong/Altron...

And I agree that people were getting their hopes up for a little more than should have been expected... at this point the biggest debate on Warlock and Snow White should be if they have wings or not... and in SW's case if its missing wings they have a lot of explaining to do... Heero has always piloted a suit that he's kept for any length of time that had wings in one form or another...

Warlock is lining up to be a slightly modified Deathscythe with a scythe that can split into two scythes.
in SW case, considering the infamous 7 dwarfs pack... I'm betting that said pack includes the wings, meaning that they are optional
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 17:30   Link #4299
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
There's a difference between an evolution in design and a direct copy. Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice both have larger variances in design and equipment, and keep in mind a lot of people hate the Strike Freedom's design anyway. Prometheus, though? Really, it's just Heavyarms Kai with a slightly different head and a new weapon thus far. Not terribly impressive.
Agreed on Pro. Though I do think there coud be more to it in when he is completed.

That said Pro and likely Warlock I'm hoping are the only ones this way and Snow White will show much more evolution over Wing and the like.
Old 2012-05-19, 17:38   Link #4300
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Prometheus, though? Really, it's just Heavyarms Kai with a slightly different head and a new weapon thus far. Not terribly impressive.
This is how things are in the Wing EW universe here. You only need to compare Katoki's designs for the Wing Universe to see the trend.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing