AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 64 Rating
Perfect 10 79 68.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 15.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 6.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-05, 07:17   Link #61
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Gah its over T_T Ending was nice. I do like how when Ed and Al are standing on the roof, Al almost taller then Ed I like how Ling said Greed must have rubbed off on him

Seeing Selim...it just made me tear up like crazy, Im glad Madam Bradley at least got her child back.

The stach....oi vey

Not sure how I feel about having a movie, I mean at this point, what else is there? Does BONES just figure since the 1st series had a movie, this series needs one too

Im gonna so miss this everything week, but its been worth it.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-07-05, 08:19   Link #62
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Naw I think it's written within the job description of being the Fuhrer,
1. You are required to possess a stare that will intimidate a normal person.
2. You are required to show an innocent smile to fool people into making them believe that you are sincere.
3. You are required to grow a mustache.
The one good thing that came out of the mustache is the endless jokes that have come out of it.

And I wouldn't have been surprised that Bones did get the idea for the mustache from Arakawa's omake. They made that mistake before with Roy's Mini-skirt armies and Hulk!Cornello.
Old 2010-07-05, 09:10   Link #63
Slayerx

I didn't like the change they made for Roy and Marcoh
It actually felt a bit out of place for Roy to be talking about rebuilding Ishval... when it comes down to it, despite how he felt about it, Mustang has NEVER expressed any kind of desire to rebuilding Ishval... if anything i would have expected him to have been studing politics in general so that he can continue to rise up despite being too blind to serve as a fighter. Marcoh being the one to propose the idea of working to rebuild ishval seemed much more appropriate since marcoh was the one who has been tearing himself apart for years over what he did; he was the one who most regretted his role in ishval. In contrast i don't think Roy spoke much of ishval, hell the acounts we have of ishval came from the perspectives of Hawkeye, Marcoh and Scar; i don't think we ever got to hear how Roy felt about those times.

Also i don't know why they made that small change with the chimera's... they had just stuffing their faces with food, where as in the manga they shown taking a serious shot a debating Alchemy theories on how to get their bodies back to normal... Ya, in both version they go with Al out east, but i think the manga version made them seem more serious about studying alchemy for themselves.

Though i do like the addition of having Ed recite the final closing quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm one of the rare people that prefer Brotherhood's score anyway.
Oh no doubt brotherhood has an amazing soundtrack, the composer does great work. The problem however is that the director doesn't know how to use it. Constantly throughout the series he seems to pick the wrong kind of music to use in a particular scene. I love the music, i just hate how it's used in many cases.

Frankly, didn't like the choice of "trisha's lullaby" for the Ed/Al/Winry scene... the music comes off as a bit too dramatic and booming... I think something more subtle and sweet would have been better choice... perhaps "Lullaby of Resembol" or maybe "nocturne of Amestris"... one of the reason people bring up "brothers" from the first series is because it's such a great piece of music for moments like this
Old 2010-07-05, 09:44   Link #64
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
It was an awesome episode, 10/10. The speech about gaining a "Fullmetal Heart" and Ed smiling in the ending scene was the MOST PERFECT choice, it was the best thing the anime team did (I'm glad it was the same in the manga and the anime) to give an extremely perfect end to the series.

Some things that I didn't expect and slightly disliked because of the changes:

1. Knox and Marcoh's entrance + Marcoh's wish in the anime compared to the manga
2. Winry's way of hugging both Ed and Al in the anime
3. Jerso and Zampano's lacking conversation + new occupation from the manga
4. Olivier Mira Armstrong's evil grin
5. Havoc's picture in the anime compared to the manga
6. Izumi Curtis' picture in the anime compared to the manga (in the anime, she looked ready to beat someone)
7. Paninya and Garfiel's addition in Ed and Al's family only picture in the anime

As for Roy's mustache, I already expected it since the Vol. 4 omake was showing how Roy Mustang wanted to look more older and dignified (I think Bones had read the omake of Vol. 4 and got the idea from there).

And about the upcoming movie, I'm betting that it will be about how Edward and Alphonse learned more about alchemy from the West and the East respectively and they will combine their knowledge and save someone who had the same predicament as Nina.

Last edited by Photonbeam; 2010-07-05 at 09:58.
Old 2010-07-05, 10:22   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Back to the ending. Al's voice didn't match his age or body That as bad voice directing. The voice actress is clearly making her voice higher to sound like that of a boy. She should have been told to speak in her normal tone or to lower her voice a bit in order for it to match teenage Al a bit better. Big big oversight and big mistake on the part of the scriptwriters or voice director. Rie Kugimiya is capable of a lower pitched voice.
Yes, this is a conundrum. It was really illogical that Al's voice would sound exactly the same. It's true that I've never heard Kugimiya Rie do a convincing older male voice, but I think even a mediocre effort would have made more sense than no change at all.
Old 2010-07-05, 11:01   Link #66
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yes, this is a conundrum. It was really illogical that Al's voice would sound exactly the same. It's true that I've never heard Kugimiya Rie do a convincing older male voice, but I think even a mediocre effort would have made more sense than no change at all.
Before I watched the episode I didn't think it would be that bad despite what people said but yeah it just came off completely wrong. That voice just didn't fit Al anymore at all. Well this is one thing hopefully the dub will improve on.
Old 2010-07-05, 12:18   Link #67
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I give a one to this epispde because of Roy's mustache ! How dare they .....

Seriusoly, it's ugly on him
Old 2010-07-05, 12:28   Link #68
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I pretty much agree with this. Kugimiya Rie could have at least tried her Yoite voice (Nabari no Ou) or they could have drawn Al looking younger.

How blasphemous this may sound I'm hoping they're getting a new seiyuu for Al's role (assuming the movie isn't a recap or a retelling)

Last edited by Blaat; 2010-07-05 at 13:33.
Old 2010-07-05, 13:28   Link #69
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, I forgot about Yoite. That wasn't a great effort, but it wasn't bad. That's pretty much on the voice director for not pushing her to try it.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:27   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
They made that mistake before with Roy's Mini-skirt armies
Still the best part of Brotherhood if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Oh no doubt brotherhood has an amazing soundtrack, the composer does great work. The problem however is that the director doesn't know how to use it. Constantly throughout the series he seems to pick the wrong kind of music to use in a particular scene. I love the music, i just hate how it's used in many cases.
Yeah a number of us having been bringing up how pretty awful the music placement has been for this series in the past. It's just a shame that it had to happen yet again in the last episode, because the final arc was on a role for it. A number of new pieces in each episode helps as well.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:51   Link #71
Kirarakim

Someone from Live journal who came back from a French convention is saying the movie is going to be live action. If that's true not sure what I think about that.

http://community.livejournal.com/fm_...8.html?#cutid1
Old 2010-07-05, 15:22   Link #72
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Still the best part of Brotherhood if you ask me.
Don't you mean the first anime? Because the mini skirts omake didn't quite make it to Brotherhood, you know.

As for Kugimiya voicing human and older Al, wrong as it did sound, everyone should've seen it coming. Japan almost always does this. Unless it's a huge time skip, boys will normally keep their original female seiyuu even after puberty. Just look at Son Goku himself.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:37   Link #73
kitten320

How old is Al now?

About 17?
Old 2010-07-05, 15:49   Link #74
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Midly OT but Rie was Miharu in Nabari no Ou not Yoite who is voiced by Saiga Mitsuki.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-07-05, 15:52   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Don't you mean the first anime? Because the mini skirts omake didn't quite make it to Brotherhood, you know.
Hence my poor joke.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:44   Link #76
xellos2099

What if they decide to made a full movie about ishbal war? It is long and epic enough for it.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:48   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Midly OT but Rie was Miharu in Nabari no Ou not Yoite who is voiced by Saiga Mitsuki.
It's been a while... Miharu was the main and Yoite was the dark aura rival/BFF/love interest, right?
Old 2010-07-05, 17:47   Link #78
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
What if they decide to made a full movie about ishbal war? It is long and epic enough for it.
I wish. That was actually the first thing that came to my mind when the movie was announced. A completely faithful adaption of the Ishval volume of the manga, a heavy fan favorite, perhaps including the His Battlefield Once More gaiden, to make up for their butchering of it in episode 30 of Brotherhood.

But that's a little too good to be true... so yeah, won't happen. And we'll never see the stray bullet scene animated. ;_;
Old 2010-07-05, 21:33   Link #79
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Haha Roy has a mustache!! He looks really really odd with it.

I love the picture at the end of Al holding a kid and Winry holding a little girl~ I bet you know already without me saying it.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2010-07-05, 21:35   Link #80
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

OMG YES!!! ED finaly hooked up with my beautiful Winry and had Kids! and even tho there was no kiss scene the part where Winry decides to give all of her life to Ed was very sweet. The icing on the cake was when they finally showed Winry and ED holding their children ... such a beautiful scene! HINT HINT for u guys with Photoshop skills... that scene deserves to be turned into a wallpaper!

Even Hayatego had pups of his own! AW lol.... I would have liked to see Mustangs Kids thrown in there too but thats not a deal breaker.

Also... did AL end up hooking up with May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post

And about the upcoming movie, I'm betting that it will be about how Edward and Alphonse learned more about alchemy from the West and the East respectively and they will combine their knowledge and save someone who had the same predicament as Nina.
UPCOMING MOVIE? Do you have a link to that? maybe a thread here in Animesuki? (Sorry I just joined this thread ) I am so excited to see they will finish this remake with another movie just like they did with the first version of FMA ... SO AWESOME!

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-07-05 at 21:47.
Closed Thread