Spoiler:

but i'm just as anxious to see Yumiko again
Old 2003-12-09, 03:08   Link #42
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjiyan
As for the water vs. paper issue, in episode 9, there was two instances of water "winning" against paper, but first time is when the paper is still paper [not imbued with power yet] while the second time in the cavern, one can see that Michele's bow turn to soggy paper after hit by water, so it seems like water can have effect on both situation.

While the idea about stronger paper power could overcome water could be true and definitely sounds plausible to me, I have made one observation from the TV series (don't remember the OVA so well now). That is both times the water that were "thrown" at those paper users is warm water. First time was hot tea and second time, warm water from the "lake". Remember there was some sort of light inside the dome that makes the water warm.

Guess that would be one possible way to explain the boat and bubble from Episode 13 for now.
I think it might also have to deal with how the water is used. When they were floating around, it's not like the water was attacking them, so perhaps as long as there's no ill-intent on the part of the water :/
And in the manga, paper CAN overcome fire, if it were strong enough, so maybe since the boat was in such a defensive position and reinforced, etc, that it could withstand the water?
Old 2003-12-10, 14:26   Link #43
Yellat

Send a message via AIM to Yellat
the power of the user/need/time probably have something to do with it. thats my theory. also there is the need to have the characters survive(sp).

-thanks to who ever edited the thread title.
Old 2003-12-11, 14:30   Link #44
kansai

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-11, 16:27   Link #45
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
About the explosion part, could it be she's shielding herself against the wind blast itself and not the heat energy? About the earlier event, you do have a point, but her paper was burning (ashes).
Old 2003-12-21, 02:54   Link #46
Yellat

15 has been subbed.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-21, 06:04   Link #47
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Yay we got to see
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-21, 08:36   Link #48
wiebbe
Moeh?

Send a message via ICQ to wiebbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Yay we got to see
Spoiler:
Euhm,
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-21, 10:58   Link #49
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiebbe
Euhm,
Spoiler:
hrm I thought Nancy might be juniors mom, but then she said it was a girl rather than a boy (junior is a boy right?). SHe didn't seem to like that guy very much. It also seems yomiko would stay there just so she can be with her for some reason.
Old 2003-12-21, 13:26   Link #50
Rebochan
Clubbing

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-21, 15:11   Link #51
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiebbe
Euhm,
Spoiler:
I didn't see the all of the OVA's
Old 2003-12-21, 15:52   Link #52
corp20
Internet God

I so want to buy this when it comes out on DVD. Plus I want to finish watching them. Is sooooooo (I meant to do that) good. I still need to buy the OVAs.
Old 2003-12-22, 01:14   Link #53
Yellat

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-22, 01:55   Link #54
Go-lytely

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
hrm I thought Nancy might be juniors mom, but then she said it was a girl rather than a boy (junior is a boy right?). SHe didn't seem to like that guy very much. It also seems yomiko would stay there just so she can be with her for some reason.
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-22, 12:08   Link #55
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
For Nancy to be Junior’s mother, she would have been like 18 at the time of his birth ( I seem to recall that in OVA, Joker said Nancy was 26), that’s considering if Junior is currently like 13 years old, the youngest age for a junior high schooler. But since all “Nancy” are clone; that means they were never 18. They were just created like five years ago and have adult form as 20-something right away. Of course, Nancy-2 could have a child during this five-year period. But then the child would have been only 5 now. Junior really doesn’t look like a five-year-old to me. On the other hand, they have this complex genetic technology, which they can use to create just about anyone. They could have used it to create Junior from Nancy’s genes, I suppose. That way, it doesn’t matter how old Nancy-1 or -2 was, and Junior can still have her phasing power. But, then, if they have the technology to create a person, they might just have a way to “speed up” the growth, too. So Junior might be a five-year-old but looks like a 13 year-old.
Old 2003-12-22, 12:24   Link #56
ACE2003

I just finished watching the first 16 episodes of R.O.D TV and I must say that it gets interesting with each episode. I put the series on the back-burner for awhile because I have too much anime to watch, but I am glad that I was finally able to make it here. I don't really have anything to add to the discussion except that I am looking forward to next episodes as I am interested to see what "The Paper" done that was so horrible. Great series!!
Old 2003-12-22, 19:33   Link #57
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
I just finished watching the first 16 episodes of R.O.D TV and I must say that it gets interesting with each episode. I put the series on the back-burner for awhile because I have too much anime to watch, but I am glad that I was finally able to make it here. I don't really have anything to add to the discussion except that I am looking forward to next episodes as I am interested to see what "The Paper" done that was so horrible. Great series!!
Yeah me to........
Old 2003-12-22, 21:18   Link #58
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah I really like how the last three episodes tied themselves with the OVA so much, it really explains alot and makes the OVA a bit more meaningful too.

Now what could Yoriko have done that cause all of the people in the British Library to hate her so much? Burn the library up or something?
Old 2003-12-22, 21:30   Link #59
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Yeah I really like how the last three episodes tied themselves with the OVA so much, it really explains alot and makes the OVA a bit more meaningful too.

Now what could Yoriko have done that cause all of the people in the British Library to hate her so much? Burn the library up or something?
Ahhh. A good old fashin book burning.
Old 2003-12-22, 21:38   Link #60
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman

She ran away, thus betrayed them. On top of that she wouldn't give them the book she was guarding. So they did the one thing that would upset her the most, burn as many books as they can.
Closed Thread