4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-26, 21:43   Link #181
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSheep View Post
I didn't say Lulu meeting CC is pure luck and I did point out they meet before, but what I'm saying luck play a big role in it. she was more or less trapped in a fake chemical bomb, how was she suppose to find anybody effectively.
Tsk tsk, luck isn't an issue in anime.

The word "destiny" fits in nicely.

Lelouch was destined to gain Geass

Suzuka was destined to pilot the Lancelot

The two boys were destined to meet each other again.

And so forth.

Quote:
on top of that, the upper half of the military seem to be eager to get rid of them too. all and all just seem like a bad place to start, it seem better if you starts somewhere else then jump ranks in maybe? (I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, I don't know shit about the military, if you can only start at the bottom, then I guess there is really no other way then being lucky).
I don't know how to put it but by doing so you play by their rules. Your suppose to lose but somehow you turn it around into a victory. I'd say Suzuka is doing pretty well.

Quote:
I alway thought being something of a journalist would fare much better, military are made of people, which theoretically can still be changed by good messages (keyword: theoretically, I really don't know what the hell I'm talking about). but on second thought Diethard did get demoted for that hotel incident It's probably gonna be even harder for a numbered person to do anything.
Sometimes it's better to instigate change from within because you are a part of that structure. You understand what's going on inside the system and how it works.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 21:55   Link #182
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

As I said before, Suzaku is NOT doing well if he is still being called an "honorary" britannian.

And Euphie so far has been indecisive and panics during important times. This isn't the kind of ally you can depend on to help you fight the system. As I once said, Euphie's ability to survive the cut-throat Royal courts is solely dependent on the shielding by Cornelia.

Do you know why Mr Orange was demoted? Because the Purist Faction kicked him while he is down. And they would be quite happy to kill Suzaku when he is no longer of use. Suzaku cannot be promoted any further. No one wants him anywhere where he could make decisions on his own. A pawn on the front lines used to kill his own people is all Suzaku is allowed to do. When it is all over, his hands would be so stained with blood Suzaku wouldn't be able to tell the difference between himself and those he once aimed to change.
Old 2006-12-26, 22:24   Link #183
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Ironically, how many times has Suzaku helped japanese people as an army soldier? I can only remember that one time he saved the lady while fighting with Lelouch *and what happened to that lady anyway....* The rest of the time, he's been helping britiannians kick japanese ass.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 23:57   Link #184
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As I said before, Suzaku is NOT doing well if he is still being called an "honorary" britannian.
The fact that he is doing well or not is not the issue. I am simply pointing out what he represents. I hope that clears it up for you.

Quote:
And Euphie so far has been indecisive and panics during important times. This isn't the kind of ally you can depend on to help you fight the system. As I once said, Euphie's ability to survive the cut-throat Royal courts is solely dependent on the shielding by Cornelia.
I'm not sure what your pointing out here because that is probably the reason why Euphie persisted in joining the battle with Cornelia. As Cornelia stated, Euphie wanted to see what a real battle was like. It's natural to become shocked and indecisive when your thrown into a situation you've never experienced before. Besides, what could she do? G1 was their main base and was the rally point for medics and the evacuated civilians, to mobilize the base would've been a bad decision to make. Lancelot was the only choice they could do.

Quote:
Do you know why Mr Orange was demoted? Because the Purist Faction kicked him while he is down. And they would be quite happy to kill Suzaku when he is no longer of use.
Not sure what you mean but Orange-kun was demoted by Cornelia because he let Zero escaped. The only thing the purists did was try to axe him off and judging from episode 11, the purists aren't exactly well liked within the Britannian army.

Quote:
Suzaku cannot be promoted any further. No one wants him anywhere where he could make decisions on his own.
What rank did Cornelia promoted Suzuka to? Eitherway she stated that she wouldn't allow him any further as she wants to win the war by herself. However, Zero might force her to change that.

Quote:
Ironically, how many times has Suzaku helped japanese people as an army soldier? I can only remember that one time he saved the lady while fighting with Lelouch *and what happened to that lady anyway....* The rest of the time, he's been helping britiannians kick japanese ass.
Well he IS a britannian soldier. The whole point is that he wants to change the system from within and try to minimize casualties.

I think the problem with Suzuka is that were not very clear on his issues and such Even I'm getting confused.
Old 2006-12-27, 00:16   Link #185
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Well he IS a britannian soldier. The whole point is that he wants to change the system from within and try to minimize casualties.
No, he ISN'T.

Suzaku is an honorary britannian soldier. He is not a Brittanian, and never will be. He is only technically a citizen, and has a bullet-proof glass celing blocking his way up. That was the whole point about this war, that there was no other way than violence for the Japanese to be, one day, treated like free individuals.

Why should Suzaku be promoted? Even if he killed Zero, annihilated all rebel forces, and helped conquering Area 19-23, why should he be given a position of power? A grunt that kills so well, stay a grunt because that's where he can be most effective. There is no reason to give him power at all.
Old 2006-12-27, 00:18   Link #186
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

I think the problem with Suzuka is that were not very clear on his issues and such Even I'm getting confused.

Hmm, minimise casualties for which side?

But yeah, Suzaku does not make sense at the moment. I thought ep 11 would at least bring some more insight to his char. but it turned out to be a C.C episode, with C.C x Lelouch moments. Doesn't really tell us much about suzaku either other than the fact he gets violent when confront with memories of his father.

And it's kinda pointless arguing about whether Suzaku should be promoted or deserves one. It's pretty much a given, considering this is an anime, he's a kira and he has a lacus + a super robot mech in a world of mostly real robot mechs.

Old 2006-12-27, 01:09   Link #187
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
No, he ISN'T.

Suzaku is an honorary britannian soldier. He is not a Brittanian, and never will be. He is only technically a citizen, and has a bullet-proof glass celing blocking his way up. That was the whole point about this war, that there was no other way than violence for the Japanese to be, one day, treated like free individuals.

Why should Suzaku be promoted? Even if he killed Zero, annihilated all rebel forces, and helped conquering Area 19-23, why should he be given a position of power? A grunt that kills so well, stay a grunt because that's where he can be most effective. There is no reason to give him power at all.
Okay that part I was talking about how he was a part of the Britannian army, an irregular, an auxiliary, does that bode well for you?

I'm going to stop because I don't think I can make it clear enough for you sorry (No harm intended, plus, it's not the whole point of my post).

Quote:
Hmm, minimise casualties for which side?
Well, both sides. Most defintely why he's against Lelouch's methods because it's the most radical and aggressiveness that will cause huge loss of life on both sides.

Spoiler:

Quote:
But yeah, Suzaku does not make sense at the moment. I thought ep 11 would at least bring some more insight to his char. but it turned out to be a C.C episode, with C.C x Lelouch moments. Doesn't really tell us much about suzaku either other than the fact he gets violent when confront with memories of his father.
Agreed. Episode 11 probably made it even worse. I think we can all agree with Llyod's comment on why Suzuka is in the army.
Old 2006-12-27, 17:32   Link #188
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

At the rate this series is going, it will definitely beat GSD and even beat GS as well.
It didnt have to go very far to do that. It already had both those POSes beat about 10 seconds into the opening of ep. 1.
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 22:22   Link #189
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
At the rate this series is going, it will definitely beat GSD and even beat GS as well.
Already did for me, mainly because I watched GS and GSD more because of the awesome music than I did for its plot. I really don't care for the type of shows that feature a single robot blowing up battleships 1000x their size in a single shot. Being a Master of Orion fanatic, that is something I find very hard to swallow. XD

But seriously speaking, this is the most enjoyable mecha show I've seen bar SDF Macross. While Zegapain was deeply though-provoking for me, for sheer value of entertainment (ie. action and character development scenes), its heads and tails beyond that. So far, this is the best of the year in the mecha genre.

@Suzaku
I certainly do dislike idealistic heroes (you won't find anyone more frustrated with Shiro of F/Sn than me), but Suzaku for some reason doesn't bother me much. While his naivete about his methods to change Brittania from within does grate my nerves a bit, the fact that he became a pariah of not only the Britannians but his fellow countrymen as well in order to fulfill his goals scores points with me.

@CC
Well, seems like this was a CC centric episode, and lots of LuluXCC scenes. I didn't really mind it, since its my second choice of couplings with Lulu and the most possible one so far. Them not voicing her name drives me crazy to no end however, since I really am curious about it.

Now that we have her episode and Karen's, with the next episode most likely focusing on another girl, I wonder when it will be Milly's turn?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 00:27   Link #190
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Suzaku goes crazy and orange-kun is alive. Overall decent epi. Too bad we dont hear C.C's real name. Kallen seemed a little jealous in the last scene when Zero is talking to C.C.

Man I love this anime.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 07:44   Link #191
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Now that we have her episode and Karen's, with the next episode most likely focusing on another girl, I wonder when it will be Milly's turn?
Hate to break this out, but it will be Shirley.... something VERY interesting is happening at the end of the next episode too.... might change the tide of Lulu x girls
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 10:16   Link #192
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I am trying to imagine a couple with Lelouch but it doesn't work.

I don't undertstand people can even imagine Zero/Lelouch in a relationship other than some twisted SuzakuxLelouch.I can imagine that but the rest.IMO, any female who will have the bad luck of falling for him will be doomed to be nothing more than a pawn.
Old 2006-12-28, 10:32   Link #193
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
I am trying to imagine a couple with Lelouch but it doesn't work.
I agree. With things the way they are now any kind of lasting romantic relationship seems out of the question. Lelouch is to preoccupied with taking down Brittania to be thinking about that sort of thing it seems. I kind of wanted him to get in some kind of relationship not necessarily for the sake of it, but rather to have someone there to help him from going off the deep end though I doubt anything of the sort will happen with all the current events. In the end though I am more worried about his relationship with Nunnally. I hope he won't isolate himself from her to much. I'm also curious to see what she thinks of Zero.

Last edited by Muddle!; 2006-12-28 at 10:51.
Muddle! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 11:01   Link #194
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

The most likely relationship seems to be C.C x Lelouch. There hasn't been enough interaction between Lulu and the other girls

Old 2006-12-28, 13:04   Link #195
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Maybe we'll get some Kallen x Zero action
On second thought probably not XD

I dont think Lulu's gonna get anyone and we'll just have to leave the harem up to Suzaku
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 13:34   Link #196
ordnance11

I'm more curious in what's inside that capsule the scientists were hauling aound when Orange-kun blundered into them

Spoiler:
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 17:28   Link #197
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
any female who will have the bad luck of falling for him will be doomed to be nothing more than a pawn.

C.C. could be in to realtionship with Lulu without being a pawn. It might even be the other way around

The other girls though....

In any case - if there will be a gilr Lulu will develop true feelings towards to, i don't think he will try to make her his pawn
Old 2006-12-28, 17:36   Link #198
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
The most likely relationship seems to be C.C x Lelouch. There hasn't been enough interaction between Lulu and the other girls
yep ~ and even more so now that he knows a bit more about her ~
my take on it would be ~ C.C. x lulu with kallen in a one-sided relationship with lulu and suzaku x yuffie with shirley hanging being lonely

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 01:43   Link #199
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yep ~ and even more so now that he knows a bit more about her ~
my take on it would be ~ C.C. x lulu with kallen in a one-sided relationship with lulu and suzaku x yuffie with shirley hanging being lonely
I mostly agree, though I won't try to predict who will end with who.
Spoiler:

Lulu maybe be quite a bit of an apathetic schemer, but the guy isn't total heartless. He does care quite a bit for those close to him.

Last edited by Salt; 2006-12-29 at 01:44. Reason: grammer and spelling
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 02:42   Link #200
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Just finished...Curse the switching of them electrical meters...

I don't really see the fuss about Kallen spamming the Radiation power from the Guren's arm, not when you have to fight two Knightmares at one go, and a seventh generation one at that with loads of weaponry and agility as well as a skilled pilot.

Certainly, this episode hints at C.CxLulu, for which I'm happy with. Development comes in for Lelouch as well as a character, making us realise that he's more human and doesn't simply take C.C's aid for granted. I don't know what to make of Kallen's expression though, save for reasons such as jealousy or whether she felt Zero's comments to be a litle strange, considering that she was seeing C.C for the first time.

While they muffled out Lelouch's voice for C.C's real name, I believe that
Spoiler:

Not the best scenario, I know, but just an assumption, knowing now that Code Geass will probably have a second season coming.

The next episode seems interesting. Looks like the unidentified girl from the OP sequence might actually be an envoy from Kyoto, and could possibly fit into Lelouch's plans. We'll see.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote