AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-26, 12:18   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Suisei no Gargantia - FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to the Suisei no Gargantia FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for Suisei no Gargantia fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun
Old 2013-05-29, 11:32   Link #2
zztop

This will be a rather long post, so please bear with me! m(_ _)m

To kick off this thread, I propose: Dr Who x Gargantia crossover! A treat for all fans of anime and British sci-fi!!!
It would involve The 11th Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams.

Left: Amelia "Amy" Pond[Karen Gillan], the Doctor's (previous)companion
Centre:The Doctor(11th incarnation)[Matt Smith], a Time Lord of Gallifrey
Right: Rory Williams[Arthur Darvill], Amy's childhood friend and husband

Far Right: The TARDIS

Premise: The Doctor's brash attempt at driving the TARDIS through a black hole as a shortcut to the 999th Alzurian Black&Blue Ball instead throws the TARDIS containing The Doctor & the Ponds into a parallel(Gargantia) universe.
The TARDIS materialises in a storage room on the cargo ship from ep 1, at the same moment Ledo has captured Amy of Gargantia and Pinion has sounded the alarm. Spurred by curiosity, the Doctor & his companions decide to investigate...

The story would mostly be a novelisation of Gargantia's events as seen through the POV of the Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory.
We could use their characters to tweak or flesh out characterisations of the existing Gargantia characters, whilst writing new interaction scenes (ie, recurring joke that if anyone asks for Amy, confusion arises whether they are referring to Gargantia Amy or the Doctor's Amy.)
Eg:['Hold on, are you talking about my Amy or your Amy?']

The TARDIS's universal translator would be able to translate Gargantian language into English for the Doctor and the Ponds's benefit, although it is unable(initially) to translate Galactic Alliance language, in keeping with Ledo's initial language barrier. Still unclear on how to work that into the narrative though. Maybe someone could help figure it out?

The Doctor would first be motivated to investigate Ledo's presence and history, and after learning of the Hideauze/whalesquid, to uncover their mystery and the secrets of the Gargantia universe.

I myself have no talent at writing fanfiction at all, although I have ideas from time to time. I'd like to ask if there are any highly skilled fanfiction authors on this forum who love both New Dr Who & Gargantia to further discuss and share ideas to make this story come true.
If anyone's interested, drop a reply or PM me, thanks!

Last edited by zztop; 2013-05-30 at 06:58.
Old 2013-05-29, 12:02   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Great idea. Please add Rory in your fanfic.
He's a great guy in the series since he can be a badass when anyone threatens people he cares.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:19   Link #4
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Great idea. Please add Rory in your fanfic.
He's a great guy in the series since he can be a badass when anyone threatens people he cares.
Sure thing. I've updated the idea dump above.

Although I don't think I can personally write this all by myself, I'm absolutely terrible at creative writing. Seriously, I am.

But as stated, I have ideas, and I'm looking for any highly skilled fanfiction authors out there willing to make my idea a reality.

If you could recommend someone to me, I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks.

Last edited by zztop; 2013-05-30 at 06:57.
Closed Thread