AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-18, 21:01   Link #2001
Tri-ring

Oh yeah, I forgot one important information.
Sekirei will be taking a short break.
Next episode of Sekirei will be announced on May 15th.

In short there will be no Sekirei on May1st.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 22:27   Link #2002
Manic
real men love pink

man that sucks the writer doesnt put out enuff material as is and now taking another break, blah.
Old 2009-04-18, 23:11   Link #2003
X207
Gamyūsa

its starting to get interesting again with the competition heating up now. i cant wait for ch81.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 11:01   Link #2004
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
man that sucks the writer doesnt put out enuff material as is and now taking another break, blah.
I hope she has not caught the same disease Miura author of Beserk had contracted, the "Idol Master Syndrome".
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 13:14   Link #2005
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
I hope she has not caught the same disease Miura author of Beserk had contracted, the "Idol Master Syndrome".
LOL hey maybe the author will put out a side story for Sekirei about Minato's Sekirei trying out for a Idol search contest in town.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 13:17   Link #2006
Patrick_Gleason
Magister Magus

Quote:
anyway I wodner what with that Yukaris dress.... is she going to a weeding of smething.... she was kidnapped and yet she dresses like that.... (maybe Yukari will escape from that building now and head to Minato place [to look for help in search or something]
Or, maybe, Higa is one of those kidnappers who like to spoil their hostages to make them feel better with the whole situation. I mean, Higa asked her to marry him, right? It wouldn't do him any good if he kept her on a underground dungeon with only rags to cover her body. He wants Yukari to feel safe with him, to trust him.

Quote:
The reason I really want Higa to have more to his motivation than just being an ass is that just being an ass seems to be Minaka's motivation.
Minaka, an ass? I don't, I can't see him like that... To me, he's just that "Mad Scientist" character... Maybe he want's to do a good thing, maybe he is just crazy, but he's not vicious like Higa... I don't know how to explain, but... He's just nonsense, but not really evil per se. Like a overgrown kid.

Higa, on the other hand, is a downright bastard. Why can't his motivation be "I want to keepd my Sekirei at all costs, even if I have to expend other's", or "I should to be in control of the Sekirei project, and not Minaka, 'cause he's just a clown"? I understand that characters who are evil "just because" are poor and ruin a story, but to make EVERY villain suffer from a childhood trauma or have a ultimately good motivation is just as bad.

Quote:
Hero vs. Well Intentioned Extremist vs. Ass is, in my opinion, more interesting than Hero vs. Ass vs. Ass.
In mine too. But I see Minaka as the "Well Intentioned Extremist". His actions are much more "explainable" than Higa's...

Quote:
He's insane, and whatever he's planning is either a bad idea or the Sekirei Plan is not the best way to go about it.
With the appropriate changes, this could be said about Higa too. See what I mean? Either Minaka and Higa are two unforgivable bastards, ot two misguided but well-intentioned extremists. Either way, they're bound to fail. So...

About the break: As if it wasn't bad enough to wait two weeks for the contents and quality of a weekly series, we have breaks too... Oh, well, it's life...

P.S.: Please, forgive any mistakes... I'm still working with my English...
Patrick_Gleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 14:33   Link #2007
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_Gleason View Post
Tsukumi: I'm Minato's first wife!

Miya: Did you say something, sweetheart? *smiling sweetly*

Tsukumi: Um, I mean, Miya-sama is!

But seriously, I can't wait to see Minato and Miya's relationship developing. Even if she doesn't end as part of the harem, I think it'll be important to the plot.

[aside] First post, yay [aside]
QFT yeah!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 13:57   Link #2008
yongshun

81 and 82 is out. arrgghh Higa is an ass who seems to be one of those that goes the ends justify the means.

At the end of 82 it that shadow looks kinda like Shiina.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 14:07   Link #2009
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I just cant wait for Minato too punch Higa.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 14:28   Link #2010
1LuckySumGun
Kazehana's Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
At the end of 82 it that shadow looks kinda like Shiina.
Yeah. That's what I thought

I didn't think I could hate Higa anymore than I already do, but I was wrong. I hope Minato mans up and beats the living daylights out of this guy!
1LuckySumGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 14:31   Link #2011
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Higa is the biggest bastard in this show...by far. I too hope for someone's (Minato's) up his....nose. Now, why would Shiina come to Minato?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 14:33   Link #2012
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Higa is the biggest bastard in this show...by far. I too hope for someone's (Minato's) up his....nose. Now, why would Shiina come to Minato?
In this show? lol, but its true he really is the biggest asshole in the manga.
Old 2009-04-30, 14:36   Link #2013
1LuckySumGun
Kazehana's Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Now, why would Shiina come to Minato?
That's true. It could be another nice little addition to Minato's already considerable harem.
1LuckySumGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 15:38   Link #2014
zibi88

the shadow person at last page....hmmm it could be Shina or Akitsu but I think that its a different person...

We have to look on the plaec where the signs "...!?" is located.... we see that this person has a cloth/belt tied/wraped around his right arm..... and well Shina has notihng like that on his clothing....(at his arm)... maybe Akitsu but she doesnt have that kind of thing either....

So I would say that maybe its Mutsu (nr05) since he has that kind of dark clothing along with those things wrapped around his arms on the same high...... maybe he will try to talk with Minato in order to work together agains Higa :P

This could lead to the endounter of Minato ->Shina ,Minato -> Higa, Minato -> Yukari (and maybe Minato -> Akitsu :P )

hmmmm I wonder why Yukari and Minato are so special..... that are kinda more valuable than jinki's...... maybe there was a reason why Takami kept minato and yukari far away in hideing... since maybe they have a special power... or simply becouse they are Minaka's kids.... (if he marries Yukari he will be like in family demanding to ender the technology which he can use in hospitals....)

anyway Shina needs Minato's lecture of how he knows Yukari the most and that he knows that if she accepted Shina she will not throw him away... so he shouldnt throw away Yukari becouse someone else said so..... (minato's sekirei with ku-chan on lead will show him how strong their bond is.... and that human or sekirei doesnt matter..... since love is the most importnat thing here)

Minato will scold Yuakri for that marry thing..... (cant imagine how Takami will be pissed XD) and the same it would be nice if he placed a punch on Higa as a disagreement to all his thories since he is empty...

Last edited by zibi88; 2009-04-30 at 16:00.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 17:06   Link #2015
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
the shadow person at last page....hmmm it could be Shina or Akitsu but I think that its a different person...

We have to look on the plaec where the signs "...!?" is located.... we see that this person has a cloth/belt tied/wraped around his right arm..... and well Shina has notihng like that on his clothing....(at his arm)... maybe Akitsu but she doesnt have that kind of thing either....

So I would say that maybe its Mutsu (nr05) since he has that kind of dark clothing along with those things wrapped around his arms on the same high...... maybe he will try to talk with Minato in order to work together agains Higa :P

This could lead to the endounter of Minato ->Shina ,Minato -> Higa, Minato -> Yukari (and maybe Minato -> Akitsu :P )

hmmmm I wonder why Yukari and Minato are so special..... that are kinda more valuable than jinki's...... maybe there was a reason why Takami kept minato and yukari far away in hideing... since maybe they have a special power... or simply becouse they are Minaka's kids.... (if he marries Yukari he will be like in family demanding to ender the technology which he can use in hospitals....)

anyway Shina needs Minato's lecture of how he knows Yukari the most and that he knows that if she accepted Shina she will not throw him away... so he shouldnt throw away Yukari becouse someone else said so..... (minato's sekirei with ku-chan on lead will show him how strong their bond is.... and that human or sekirei doesnt matter..... since love is the most importnat thing here)

Minato will scold Yuakri for that marry thing..... (cant imagine how Takami will be pissed XD) and the same it would be nice if he placed a punch on Higa as a disagreement to all his thories since he is empty...

Or worse, Minato will "lecture" Higa. Oh wait wrong series.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 14:21   Link #2016
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
It will be more satisfying if Higa meet the Black Sekirei and she cut him up along with his Sekirei
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 14:54   Link #2017
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
It will be more satisfying if Higa meet the Black Sekirei and she cut him up along with his Sekirei
Thats the problem, she is on his side.
Old 2009-05-02, 15:00   Link #2018
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Thats the problem, she is on his side.
nope shes not ^^ nr.04 Karasuba is not Higa's pawn ^^ but she hates humans and she would cut any sekirei if she wants :P so if Higa would try to kill Musubi she mostly would act and killed/defeated Higa's sekirei or even she would kill higa.... well Karasuba wants to fight with Yume and make her disapper with her own hands....

Anyway if not Karasuba than I would be ok with Miya ^^ since when she heared that homura was the target of minakas play... she said she would kill minaka so yep she could even act if minato or his sekirei got hurt by Higa...... well they are kinda like a family to miya which she formed a bond too...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 15:08   Link #2019
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well that depends on what side you want to refer to too. Higa is a uncaring, devious sort while Miss Evil is well plain evil. the 2 of em you could say is kinda like the "2 peas froma pod" thingy but I don't see em working together unless they had something to gain from doing so.

It would be more satisfying having someone who is an opposite of Higa getting the better of him i.e Minato, which I do think will happen.

well I don't care for what happens to Higa atm cause I know nothing ain't going to happen to him anytime soon, I want to see Minato and co. let loose!!!
Old 2009-05-02, 17:56   Link #2020
kujoe
from head to heel

Ashikabi like Higa and that other dude who has Akitsu seem to be going for quantity at this point. They seem to think (rightfully so, I might add) that having a lot of sekirei on your side increases your chances of winning the game.

Minato on the other hand, has only a few sekirei on his side in comparison, but they're all quite powerful in their own way. You also can't entirely disregard the idea of Miya possibly helping him out in the future, so with regard to his situation it's a quality vs. quantity sort of conflict.

With the other leading ashikabi having small armies of sekirei of their own, Minato is pretty lucky that there's a rule system governing the Sekirei Plan.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, seinen, sekirei