AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 43 14.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 4.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 8.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 42 14.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 26 9.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 4.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 19 6.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 16 5.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 2.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 85 29.41%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-06, 01:17   Link #441
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Hm. I never thought of Yuki as a major reason for Haruhi's success, it was more of a personal reason, than a popular one.

But guess what? I'll add it.
Hmm, I wouldn't doubt her resemblance to Rei Ayanami from Evangelion would help her popularity a lot.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:17   Link #442
Eak
One angry cloud.

So who thinks this will be resolved in the next episode...

*cricket cricket cricket*
Old 2009-07-06, 01:18   Link #443
Sefveron

this must be the most cleverly evil way of creating filler content of all time! why hasnt yuki thrown Haruhi off a building yet! the only hope i can think of is that only the earth is looping and that the Martians have already evolved out of nothing and are just discovering a feesable means of space travel to fly to earth for the sole purpose of killing Haruhi or making that jackass Kyon ask for help with his god damn homework!
Old 2009-07-06, 01:26   Link #444
OkamiNoKaze

I just watched the A.F.K version of this ep, and I have to say the shock and despair, and anger isn't as high on subsequent views, though I did notice this time the girls have the K-on legs thing going a bit. They could really milk this and either parody the styles of other animes, or have those artists work on the episode, the Bleach crew doing an episode, or even more fitting the Higorashi people, for an example,
Old 2009-07-06, 01:28   Link #445
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Hmm, I wouldn't doubt her resemblance to Rei Ayanami from Evangelion would help her popularity a lot.
Yep, I think that's the LARGEST success point of Haruhi, if you asked me. It attracted a lot of Evangelion fans, to tell the truth, so that is quite sneaky. But it worked. And that's all there is to me.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:40   Link #446
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I consider the multiple episodes of this arc KyoAni's Art director/Art Department Team test episode. Give each group and director a go at it. Change some of the situations and dialogue per episode to keep it alive, and see what they give us. Use results to plan who gets what episodes in the future.

Or this is what the various groups did during their off time while working on the various other series produced by KyoAni since Haruhi 2006. (Kanon, Lucky Star, Clannad, Lucky Star OVA, Clannad After Story, Munto TV, Munto movie, K-On, Haruhi-chan, Nyoro~n).

Lets see which group makes next weeks episode. With it be the Clannad group?
Old 2009-07-06, 02:05   Link #447
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I consider the multiple episodes of this arc KyoAni's Art director/Art Department Team test episode. Give each group and director a go at it. Change some of the situations and dialogue per episode to keep it alive, and see what they give us. Use results to plan who gets what episodes in the future.

Or this is what the various groups did during their off time while working on the various other series produced by KyoAni since Haruhi 2006. (Kanon, Lucky Star, Clannad, Lucky Star OVA, Clannad After Story, Munto TV, Munto movie, K-On, Haruhi-chan, Nyoro~n).

What? Really? It was done on a rotational basis? I never paid attention to the credits...
Old 2009-07-06, 02:28   Link #448
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Damn, we still have the Clannad team.

Looks like I ought to be prepared for at least another closed loop.
Old 2009-07-06, 02:29   Link #449
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post

True. Oh well...
Old 2009-07-06, 02:39   Link #450
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:

Something like this is what I've been suggesting that KyoAni is doing with E8. This is why all three E8 episodes so far have had different art styles (#1 - current Haruhi a la BLR, #2 - vintage Haruhi with gorgeously overrendered animation, #3 - crappy K-on! style) and is also why the second two have the same writer (same exact story, give or take a directorial decision). When we get a different writer, that might signal the end of the arc.

Speaking of signals of the end of the arc, a few things I noticed haven't made it into the episodes yet that might signal the final run-through, as described in the novel:
Spoiler for duh:
Old 2009-07-06, 02:53   Link #451
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
A genuine woobie is Yuki Nagato, actually. Starting at and especially in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
She seems to be starting "early" in Endless Eight.
Old 2009-07-06, 03:01   Link #452
oompa loompa

I just watched the episode ( a bit late maybe..) and as many have posted before me.. all I have to say is.. nice troll kyoani, nice troll
Old 2009-07-06, 04:01   Link #453
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
if this is kyoani trying to make us, the viewers understand how yuki must feel about this, then i'd say they are doing a hell of a good job
but i just dont get it
why isnt kyon or any of the others just ask yuki to take them aside during the next reboot and "remind" them that they are reliving the same two weeks
rather then just have them start over and having to figure it out (wasting time)
Old 2009-07-06, 04:04   Link #454
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
if this is kyoani trying to make us, the viewers understand how yuki must feel about this, then i'd say they are doing a hell of a good job
but i just dont get it
why isnt kyon or any of the others just ask yuki to take them aside during the next reboot and "remind" them that they are reliving the same two weeks
rather then just have them start over and having to figure it out (wasting time)
apparently because its her job to just 'observe', and not interact ( says so in the last episode). However, I still think that

Spoiler for hint:
Old 2009-07-06, 04:07   Link #455
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

I think the K-ON group already done their part on Ep 3......Moe loaded. But with Yuki around, which episode isn't moe loaded?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-07-06, 04:07   Link #456
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
even IF she's "just there to observe
if kyon ASKS her to, i' expect she'll do it

about the mask bit, i also think there is something there (didnt read the books)
but i cant figure it out yet (please dont tell me)
Old 2009-07-06, 04:23   Link #457
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post

I'm quite oblivious to these things.

So are you kidding or do you actually think they might have another unresolved Endless Eight? Because I would FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-07-06, 04:36   Link #458
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
even IF she's "just there to observe
if kyon ASKS her to, i' expect she'll do it

about the mask bit, i also think there is something there (didnt read the books)
but i cant figure it out yet (please dont tell me)
How about Kyon asked Yuki did so for like 10 times during the past 15000, but he still failed to break the loop, so he end up just leave his "future" self do the job naturally?
If he really experience 15k times like Yuki did (or 3 like us) then he will really want to break the loop even when have to try the "I love you" option.

But he has only experienced it once, so it's like "meh, who care. It was pretty fun. It's too much bother for me to break it now, let's do this loop one more time"
Old 2009-07-06, 06:53   Link #459
Bri

Quote:

You raise a very interesting point. Kyoto animation uses multiple animation teams.

However these teams are not linked to series. They are shifts that do particular episodes. From the credits: during Clannad AS Kyoani had like animation teams (key animators) on a 5 to 6 episode rotation, on K-on they ran with a 3 episode rotation. These rotations are rough aproximations as staff seems to switch easily between teams during projects. Seeing that most teams have worked on the major projects like Kanon and Clannad, every team should be able to use the various styles.

What baffles me is that they used 3 different styles during endless 8. Which makes no sense at all given that every team should be able to do the cartoony 4-koma (k-on/lucky star style) or the luxurious (key) style. Afaik Kyoni has never experimented with styles during a season. So this inconsistency makes no sense to me at all.
Old 2009-07-06, 07:19   Link #460
LumpOfCole
I work with computers.

Send a message via AIM to LumpOfCole
If it makes no sense, it must be Haruhi.
Closed Thread