AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-03, 21:35   Link #1
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Amagami - Love Goes On! (manga)

Here is another adaptation of the Amagami dating sim game. This one is really good so far. Hell, that picture alone should warrant a look into, right?

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=50090

---

Spoiler for Chapter 2:
Old 2010-06-03, 22:45   Link #2
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
hmmm btw any difference between this and precious diary? few chapters plannin' to read both after 20+ or 30+ chapters
Old 2010-06-03, 22:47   Link #3
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
hmmm btw any difference between this and precious diary? few chapters plannin' to read both after 20+ or 30+ chapters
Let's just say...

Spoiler for Precious Diary:
Old 2010-06-03, 23:18   Link #4
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The key word is "perverse". I like.
Old 2010-06-04, 02:04   Link #5
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well it is cute though I think I prefer Precious Diary bit more... the main heroine is much more freaky in there, but it also make the relationship and manga more interesting. In here the heroine is bit on a pervert side but pretty much normal/average otherwise. Theres nothing normal/average with precious Diary Heroine though. So all in all it depends on what you prefer - something freaky but more thrilling, or something more on a normal side.
Old 2010-06-04, 09:00   Link #6
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Two different stories with the same name.
Old 2010-06-04, 12:39   Link #7
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I think for now it's best just to say that Amagami is a better ver. of Love Plus series.

I like LGO so far but still prefer PD more, "perverse" indeed
Old 2010-06-04, 13:09   Link #8
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I think for now it's best just to say that Amagami is a better ver. of Love Plus series.
So far, Amagami has better mangaka's for the manga adaptations. The only good Love Plus is Rinko Days (which is by Seo which makes it auto win).
Old 2010-06-04, 13:53   Link #9
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So far, Amagami has better mangaka's for the manga adaptations. The only good Love Plus is Rinko Days (which is by Seo which makes it auto win).
Manaka days still have a chance, at least artwork is good, but I do not imagine it being able to overcome the fact that the couple is already dating (thus no real romance tension and lack of connection to the characters) and the fact that the main guy doesn't talk or has a face.

Nene days is a hopeless case because it is done by a shitty artist with a shitty plot. If they would be merciful, they would shoot it to not let it suffer in agony.

Rinko days is the only worth it so far.

In Amagami both artists are capable at making good art and decent plot, its just the thing that Taro (the mangaka of Precious Daries) might pull Kimkiss on us. Yeah I did like Kimikiss manga and all it was just that having one Heroine per one volume made the plot rushed and incomplete.

Still it is way better than the two of the three Love Plus I know ... I still don't know about other two supposed to be love Plus mangas as I haven't seen them yet...
Old 2010-06-04, 20:50   Link #10
wingman32x

I freakin love this series, it's just so awesome. I love Ai. She's really cute and I like her a lot more than Ayatsuji (Her Yandere side kind of scares me). She's a really sweet female lead. Also, it's only been two chapters, but for me there's already been a few "feel good moments". So yeah, I'm a fan.

Chapter 2 was nice. I love how Ai keeps teasing Tachibana. I actually smiled when she said "Yeah, but I'm letting Senpai spoil me now" after Tachibana "saved" her from the stray dog. Ai is adorable. Anyway, a good chapter.
Old 2010-06-04, 22:14   Link #11
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I'm not expecting C.C.'s tone in the anime but it'll be interesting to see how Yukana plays the teasing parts.... *drools*
Old 2010-06-06, 08:04   Link #12
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This version still hasn't impressed me that much. And I don't like the perverted thoughts of the main in this one, even though he's the same main in Precious Diary. He's just TOO typical in this story. Then again, that could be simply because Aya doesn't give him much room to think perversely like Nana does. PD feels more drama-like while LGO is more comedy-driven because of this aspect, and generally I prefer the former (>.>)...
Old 2010-06-06, 15:08   Link #13
wingman32x

I don't mind the perverted thoughts too much, because it's used as a way for the female lead to tease the male lead. He's only gone into pervert mode after Nanasaki teased him by bringing up an obviously ecchi situation. I'm sure that if Ayatsuji teased the guy like that, his mind would no doubt wander as well. So he's not that perverted IMO. If anything, it's Nanasaki's fault for teasing him .
Old 2010-06-27, 13:12   Link #14
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for ch 3:
Old 2010-06-27, 15:34   Link #15
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I wasn't expecting them to start making out this chapter lol. It'll be interesting to watch how Nanasaki handles the revelation.
Old 2010-06-27, 22:34   Link #16
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I quite liked this chapter compared to the first 2. A nice amount of development between those two and the story. I hope it can continue like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I wasn't expecting them to start making out this chapter lol. It'll be interesting to watch how Nanasaki handles the revelation.
Yeah, he's pretty perverted, grabbing her arse and all. It was def hot though. He goes to talk about wanting to get his feelings across, even though he hasn't known her for that long. Isn't that just lust?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo-chan View Post
Spoiler for ch 3:
I don't think it's that rare, although I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, of this happening, except in other stories, the girl(or guy) simply spends less time at practice and more time with his/her partner.

Quote:
...and talk about imouto cock blocking...
Something sounds REAL wrong with that ...

btw, anyone check out Sincerely Yours yet?
Old 2010-06-27, 22:37   Link #17
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm actually enjoying this. It's like they're already in a relationship, instead of that are-we-or-are-we-not tension. I know that's going to come up eventually, but I still like this atmosphere.

By the way, this reminds me of Mana from Hourglass of Summer. That makes me very happy.
Old 2010-06-27, 23:00   Link #18
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I did. Even though I've only read one chapter, I can already tell it needs more focus.
Old 2010-06-27, 23:07   Link #19
Darknemo2000

It is a pretty good read though I prefer PD over it way much more though in terms of artwork I prefer the art in here bit more. Sometimes Taro (PD mangaka) tends to make faces bit too oval, which make characters cute but less sexy.

But in terms of plot and characters PD is still quite a bit better than LGO.
Old 2010-06-27, 23:09   Link #20
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
I don't think it's that rare, although I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, of this happening, except in other stories, the girl(or guy) simply spends less time at practice and more time with his/her partner.
Actually thinking about it now I don't think it's that rare either in fact it's used pretty much everywhere "girl spacing out cause all she can think of is guy" but theres a slightly different feel with this than what I usually see.
Probably cause the way the build up has been going, she's becoming infatuated with Junichi instead of suddenly falling in love.

Quote:
Something sounds REAL wrong with that ...
lol yea I think I got that wrong think it should be "cock blocking imouto"(?)

Quote:
I have read it and well it's not bad at all, got the weakest art of the series but even then not bad enough to put me unlike some of the Love Plus stuff.
Altho I wonder how it will go much more compared to this or PD
Oddly only after reading ch1 of SY I only started thinking about the teacher and wishing the anime would have gone that route

well heres hoping for a OVA that goes that way!

Tags
amagami, manga, romance, seinen