AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-03, 03:26   Link #1901
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Guys, just leave ranran alone. The more you press her, the more she's going to resist.

It's like this, you know?
I wonder if I can send to Ranran her delusions of going to watch Madoka.
It might be her guilty pleasure !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-05-03 at 03:39. Reason: ranran is a female for what I see
Old 2012-05-03, 03:33   Link #1902
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Only one magical girl caught my heart and soul... Sakura. No need to mention the complete title. Everyone knows it. I either never seen Madoka, have seen a DVD at a Chinese store ans just looks at it... thinking it maybe like Nanoha.... Sorry...
Old 2012-05-03, 03:37   Link #1903
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Chiibi, could you sent to ranran a Madoka review by a professional reviewer please (it's more detailed) ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-03, 05:43   Link #1904
Arya

Well, I tend to agree with ranran apparently stubbornness. If he watched it now probably his high expectations would lessen the enjoyment. I either dropped it at first and then resumed later. Magical girls are not my cup of tea, so I really enjoyed the concept but not so much the series.
Same issues that I had with S:G. S:G has the problem that the first half is really boring, I dropped it around the eight episode and then resumed later. Again, I really enjoyed the concept, but eleven episodes are too much for a series to be praised.

Speaking for myself, I have a similar attitude toward Clannad. I tried twice, but always after the first 15 sec, I stopped. (character designs surely didn't help). I mean, that 15 sec are so foretelling about the main story and the main leads that knowing myself I would be gonna hate that girl after half of an episode. So it's not like I really hate Clannad. I anticipated myself to hate it
Similar issue with Ga-Rei: Zero, it pissed me off so much that first episode that I dropped it. I know that I have to give it a try (skipping that episode).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-05-03, 05:46   Link #1905
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well, I tend to agree with ranran apparently stubbornness. If he watched it now probably his high expectations would lessen the enjoyment. I either dropped it at first and then resumed later. Magical girls are not my cup of tea, so I really enjoyed the concept but not so much the series.
Same issues that I had with S:G. S:G has the problem that the first half is really boring, I dropped it around the eight episode and then resumed later. Again, I really enjoyed the concept, but eleven episodes are too much for a series to be praised.

Speaking for myself, I have a similar attitude toward Clannad. I tried twice, but always after the first 15 sec, I stopped. (character designs surely didn't help). I mean, that 15 sec are so foretelling about the main story and the main leads that knowing myself I would be gonna hate that girl after half of an episode. So it's not like I really hate Clannad. I anticipated myself to hate it
Similar issue with Ga-Rei: Zero, it pissed me off so much that first episode that I dropped it. I know that I have to give it a try (skipping that episode).
Survive and finish Watching Clannad. Afterstory is when it gets good.
Old 2012-05-03, 05:54   Link #1906
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Only one magical girl caught my heart and soul... Sakura. No need to mention the complete title. Everyone knows it. I either never seen Madoka, have seen a DVD at a Chinese store ans just looks at it... thinking it maybe like Nanoha.... Sorry...
It's nothing at all like Nanoha, if you still have that impression.
Old 2012-05-03, 05:55   Link #1907
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
Clannad has character-designs (especially Nagisa) that sounds terrible to some people. The first season (24 episodes) is rather slow and boring, but it won't become good until After Story (24 episodes).
Ga-Rei Zero has the first episode that might be a false impression to some people, but the false impression dissapears afterwards.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-03, 05:57   Link #1908
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranran View Post
I don't dismiss it because it's popular, I dismiss it because people kept shoving it in my face. I'd do fine if they'll at least be normal about it, but it's a real turnoff when they, instead of getting me to watch it, pissed me off because they kept forcing me to...you know?
Then don't. At your current mood you'll never enjoy it because you'll just find something to complain about, just to spite the noisy people

I don't hate Madoka, but I never consider it a masterpiece either. *shrug* Other Urobuchi Gen's works are more interesting for me

As for anime I hate: Guilty Crown, because I ended the series with the urge to murder every cast member. Yes, that includes the dead ones. Maybe resurrect and then kill them over and over.
Old 2012-05-03, 05:58   Link #1909
Arya

Quote:
I know, everybody always say that, but really, what would be the point in watching a series, a romance series, when you "don't like" the main heroine.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-05-03, 06:02   Link #1910
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
The ending of After Story can be a real game breaker, though. In retrospect, it ruined both seasons of the anime for me, despite how great After Story got in its last half.

And don't pull the "it made sense in the VN" card on me. I read the VN before watching the anime. The ending is still abysmal, it just sucks more in anime form.
Old 2012-05-03, 06:03   Link #1911
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Clannad has character-designs (especially Nagisa) that sounds terrible to some people. The first season (24 episodes) is rather slow and boring, but it won't become good until After Story (24 episodes).
Ga-Rei Zero has the first episode that might be a false impression to some people, but the false impression dissapears afterwards.
I'll give Ga-Rei Zero a try, it's not that I dislike the series, more the writers doing a pointless and misleading episode.

Old 2012-05-03, 06:04   Link #1912
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
I know, everybody always say that, but really, what would be the point in watching a series, a romance series, when you "don't like" the main heroine.
Nagisa will become a likeable character only in the second half of the first season I guess.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-03, 06:05   Link #1913
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Afterstory is when it gets good.
Clannad AS is the best family based romance where parents are regarded as vital to the characters development. This is what many romance animes failed to attained. Always between the two, disregarding the wisdom that most parents have. Making unrealistic views about what love really means. It discussed responsible parenthood and obligation to maintain the intergrity of a family even at the toughest times.

The only anime that continues to make me cry no matter how many times I watched it. Clannad AS is for the family to enjoy. 10/10
Old 2012-05-03, 07:09   Link #1914
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Man I love threads like this. It bring my inner demons outside and I love to see that happens. Anyway this is a mega rant and you're already warned. I Just picked the ones that topped of my list.

4. Kuroshituji

This one easily in 4th place because it actually easy to avoid but unfortunately I also happened to see all 24 episodes of it. I kinda like its setting and atmosphere but they ruined it with yaoi(hardly) stuffs like kissing and man-groping. It is pretty obvious that I'm not its target audience but for some reasons it has "shounen" label on it but that can be explained Kuroshitsuji is serialized in a shounen magazine rather than shoujo or josei where it should belong, IMO. For me Kuroshituji is an interesting show but they ruined it by becoming an eye-orgasm for female otakus instead of a Victorian England horror show as it should.

Note: Copy-pasted from "Worst animes that deserve to be used as frisbees" thread

3. Ouran High School Host Club

Blasphemy alert! I don't see the rest of since I dropped it at episode 6. While I think it is too early to drop it(and also ironic since I also managed to finish Kuroshitsuji) but they bishounen fanservice just way too much. At least Kuroshitsuji had (ahem) little more than that like some actions and anything quite like it but I cannot say the same for Ouran. The jokes aren't really that funny and most of its jokes are just playing tropes of shoujo mangas which I don't even care of. Maybe it just too personal but at same time I cringe to see about 93000+ Myanimelist users had this one on their lists. I'm not counting those in Anime News Network and Anime-Source yet...

2. High School of the Dead.

Why this one rated lower than Kuroshitsuji and Ouran? First of all fanboys. They are too damn difficult to avoid. Kuroshitsuji and Ouran fangirls are easy to avoid since most of them don't hang out outside "shoujo" and "bishounen" tags but as a shounen and seinen fan, these guys are always come close contact to me. It is really funny and annoying to see the fanboys defending this show because it has zombies. It make senses as High School dxd have tits.

The show itself is a complete mess. It riddled with plotholes, annoying characters and of course, excessive fanservice. While the concept is never good to begin with(at least to me) but they show itself is already ruined. Let's hope the second season may never see the light of day.

1. Hetalia

This one deserved the number 1 spot because unlike all of above, it doesn't deliver to people who should see it. In case with Kuroshitsuji and Ouran are obviously made for girls and HSotD is for guys. What about Hetalia? Well, at least from what I heard, Hetalia were supposed to be a seinen political satire show but instead what happened to it now is a K-On! with men for preteen girls. Where the "seinen" and where is the "political satire" parts? They pretty much taped to the drain. It barely satire, no political jokes and more importanly male fans are non-existent in most parts of the internet and real-life.

And the fans? They are even more annoying than Kuroshitsuji, Ouran and HSotD fans. Not just they come in huge numbers in every anime/manga conventions but also almost everywhere. In fact in my neighborhood some 12-14 years old girls say to each other "hey, did you see this week's Hetalia episode?". I don't even hear boys at same age talking about Naruto or One Piece like that. In anime/manga conventions they also managed to persuade or perhaps forced they boyfriends to cosplay as Hetalia characters, unless they cosplayed themselves(yes they are willing to cross-dress as long as they can get closer to their favorite bishies). On the internet they always bickering on each other which one is most handsome, which one is cuter, etc like "Germany is manly" and "Canada is more handsome" also "Great Britain is a true charming prince". Hetalia is the best example where a show is actually ruined by the fans rather than haters.

They you have it. Please don't take this too seriously since it only based on my opinions alone. It didn't speak for the real fans of these shows.
Old 2012-05-03, 11:38   Link #1915
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Odd to form an impression of a single character in 15 seconds and drop a show. That does not sound logical to me.

Also there is a lot of entertaining characters in Clannad since Nagisa is not generally the main focus anyway until later, and by then she's more interesting.
Old 2012-05-03, 22:42   Link #1916
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
For what it's worth, I wasn't particularly fond of Nagisa at first either. I mean, she didn't bother me or anything, but she was kind of 'just there' for me. Almost every other female cast member resonated with me more than Nagisa did in the first half of Clannad's first season.

But I think that once Nagisa's actual arc came into focus in the 2nd half of Clannad's first season, she started to grow a bit as a character, and she became more likable and slightly interesting to me. And I think that the romance between her and Tomoya was *very* sweet, and tended to bring out the best in both characters, hence contributing a lot to After Story's quality, imo.

Oh, and on Ga-Rei Zero - I had mixed feelings over the highly atypical approach of that first episode myself. But I ended up loving the show overall, and the first episode is partly a troll.
Old 2012-05-03, 23:40   Link #1917
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It's okay. When I first saw Clannad I thought it was really corny and I couldn't sit through all of it. I too actually stopped after the first scene. But then someone appeared and my anime mind would change forever. <3 The story doesn't really get strong til AS anyways.

Also, my first post on AS which happened to be in this very thread O_O

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-05-04, 06:41   Link #1918
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

After watching anime for some time, you get quite good at judging an anime by it's cover (and review sites and other viewers opinions and screenshots... ).

I just know I would hate Clannad.

But that's ok. Of course not having watched it (and in general not watching those kind of sure to fail for me shows) means I shouldn't complain about them on a thread like this.

Only if I actually went through the pain of watching a show I know will be bad, I would be qualified to post it here. Well, I don't feel like doing that.
So what's with everyone else? Did you run into those bad shows expecting them to be good, or are you just grumbling about shows you never liked to begin with?
Old 2012-05-04, 07:24   Link #1919
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

If the female characters of Clannad have not-so oversized eyes and have more than distinguishable traits to begin with, then people won't complain it much.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-04, 07:47   Link #1920
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
So what's with everyone else? Did you run into those bad shows expecting them to be good, or are you just grumbling about shows you never liked to begin with?
As the saying goes, curiosity kills the cat. Not all shows are blatantly bad, most of them just pretend to be mediocre (the kind usually watched just to pass time) and it took a while until their disgusting, rotting stench reached the audience. And then there's the ones with genuinely promising beginnings, only to crash and burn at the later stages.