AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 01:10   Link #1
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)

From the New Announced Anime thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The PC eroge (erotic game) White Album by Leaf will be getting a PS3 game by AquaPlus, and also an anime adaptation.

Source: MoonPhase diary

The source of news is the August issue of the bishoujo magazine Dengeki G's Magazine (a male oriented gaming magazine), which will be officially released on June 30th, 2008.

Wiki entry for the game:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Album_(visual_novel)
Since no one made a thread for this...

From Moonphase

It is set for January 1st, 2009.
Director is Yoshida Taizou.
Animation Studio is Seven Arcs.

Official website seems to be http://www.whitealbum-tv.com/
but it doesn't seem open yet.

---

Have no idea what this is, never played it. Just know that this is pretty old.
The name "Seven Arcs" brings back bad memories of StrikerS, but ignoring that for now...
Waiting for trailers and such, but as of now, it doesn't sound bad enough not to watch.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 02:04   Link #2
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Aya Hirano will be casted in the main role as Yuki Morikawa with Mizuki Nana as Rio Ogata for the anime as well as the upcoming PS3 remake.

Original OP & ED :-
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=_nqfxx...eature=related
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=BJNol_...eature=related

Yuki and Rio are rivals both in career and in love in the game. The main male character is pretty much a wuss in the game mainly being caught between these 2.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 03:17   Link #3
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Aya hirano? *ugh* I love my sweetie but I am getting tired of seeing her everywhere. and she definately doesnt fit that part. well maybe a little... CHANGE SIDES (she can play the villain much better ).

DO REI MI FA SO LA TI... MI.

THATS WRONG.

THATS WRONG.

THAT SOUND IS COMPLETELY WRONG.

SMILE AGAIN. GOOD!
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 06:52   Link #4
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Script is by Hiroaki Sato. Now things really gets interesting.
Old 2008-06-25, 06:58   Link #5
Westlo
Lets be reality

Definitely going to check this one out, hopefully Seven Arcs can give this the Sekirei treatment and not Nanoha StrikerS when it comes to animation.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 09:13   Link #6
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Definitely going to check this one out, hopefully Seven Arcs can give this the Sekirei treatment and not Nanoha StrikerS when it comes to animation.
Not Seven Arcs' call - they don't fund the project. Since this looks to me to be a King Records Project (the producer Mishima Akio is THE King guy who developes anime projects for King Records, including the Nanoha series), this will more than likely get the Nanoha treatment. But I doubt it's going to be a long project anyway, if it's 13 episode Seven Arcs should be able to hack it. Either way, I doubt King is looking to capitalise on the anime at all, looks like Mishima just picked something that can get his top singer idol Mizuki Nana more songs to sing and sell more CDs and fill those seats at concerts (White Album is a love triangle story involving idol singers, and Mizuki Nana plays the top idol in the show, and they even got Elements Garden to do the music whom are now primarily responsible for Mizuki Nana's songs, geez I wonder why). Aquaplus is definitely looking at the anime as a way to promote their PS3 port of the game (games are more profitable than anime now-a-days). Hirano Aya? Well she's just tagging along for the ride and maybe get her little chance at improving her music career. I'd say the likely hood of this anime being a throw-away is pretty high since the stakes all lies elsewhere.

Sekirei is funded by Aniplex FYI, which is a Sony company, they have much more cash to throw around compare to King. That explains the better production value in Sekirei.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2008-06-25 at 09:33.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 11:55   Link #7
7Th
Mixtape

Apparently animator Kou Yoshinari will be working on the character designs:

Quote:
2009年1月より放送開始予定
原作:アクアプラス
企画:下川直哉
監督:吉田泰三
脚本:佐藤博
キャラクターデザイン:吉成鋼
キャラクター原案:カワタヒサシ
美術監督:片平真司
音楽:Elements Garden
音響監督:塩屋翼
プロデューサー:三嶋章夫
アニメーション制作:セブン・アークス
Daaaaaamn.

7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 11:58   Link #8
Julius Firefocht

If Tomokazu Sugita is voicing the male lead, it would be the most epic anime in its season.

Tomokazu Sugita, Nana Mizuki and Aya Hirano. Both Nana and Aya has characters that are close to Sugita's character in other shows, eg Nanoha series and Suzumiya Haruhi.

Yeah, it would be epic.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 12:06   Link #9
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
If Tomokazu Sugita is voicing the male lead, it would be the most epic anime in its season.

Tomokazu Sugita, Nana Mizuki and Aya Hirano. Both Nana and Aya has characters that are close to Sugita's character in other shows, eg Nanoha series and Suzumiya Haruhi.

Yeah, it would be epic.
No! Epic, no. It will become annoying. We already have one Haruhi, and THAT's MORE than enough. (I am not a fan of Aya Hirano or Sugita Tomokazu)

I prefer Yuuichi Nakamura (Graham and Tomoya Okazaki) as a male lead. But then again, he already has plenty of roles already.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 18:29   Link #10
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Even after a decade, the characters still does not look anything like the University Students like they are. I suppose because the remake still falls under the same original chara designer.
Old 2008-06-25, 19:19   Link #11
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Awwwww, man!

I was hoping this was an anime version of Lewis Black's "The White Album!" Anime Lewis Black would be AMAZING.

j/k

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 12:40   Link #12
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Even after a decade, the characters still does not look anything like the University Students like they are.
Hmm... well, I've met my share of university students with such an appearance... of course, here university starts at 18, so...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 14:36   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Gee, I thought this would be an anime about John, Paul, George and Ringo, not some silly idol singers.

I'll go back to watching Yellow Submarine now.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 17:36   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Not Seven Arcs' call - they don't fund the project. Since this looks to me to be a King Records Project (the producer Mishima Akio is THE King guy who developes anime projects for King Records, including the Nanoha series), this will more than likely get the Nanoha treatment. But I doubt it's going to be a long project anyway, if it's 13 episode Seven Arcs should be able to hack it. Either way, I doubt King is looking to capitalise on the anime at all, looks like Mishima just picked something that can get his top singer idol Mizuki Nana more songs to sing and sell more CDs and fill those seats at concerts (White Album is a love triangle story involving idol singers, and Mizuki Nana plays the top idol in the show, and they even got Elements Garden to do the music whom are now primarily responsible for Mizuki Nana's songs, geez I wonder why). Aquaplus is definitely looking at the anime as a way to promote their PS3 port of the game (games are more profitable than anime now-a-days). Hirano Aya? Well she's just tagging along for the ride and maybe get her little chance at improving her music career. I'd say the likely hood of this anime being a throw-away is pretty high since the stakes all lies elsewhere.
Such cynicism! Obviously this is the way it's been forever and ever amen with anime -- it exists to sell merchandise, and the companies who fund it are run by business-types, generally not artisans or philanthropists. That being said, the directors, writers, and so on who work on the show still generally try to produce something worthwhile, so I'm not quite as cynical as you are about the whole thing yet. If you dig deeply enough, and just chase the money, you can always find reason to be suspect of nearly ever production out there, I think. I choose to be cautiously optimistic!

That being, I was surprised that the info for this show is coming out before Aquaplus's already-announced Tears to Tiara anime. I wonder if this show will air first in the end? (Edit: Oh, it looks like the Moonphase post suggests we might get more info about this at an upcoming Rondo Robe event, so I wouldn't be surprised if it airs in the Fall.)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 20:51   Link #15
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://www.whitealbum-tv.com/

Site is now up and running with a Jan '09 release date.
Old 2008-08-29, 14:51   Link #16
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The official website updated with the voice actors~

Morikawa Yuki - Hirano Aya
Ogata Rina - Mizuki Nana
Fujii Touya - Maeno Tomoaki
Sawakura Misaki - Takamoto Megumi
Kawashima Haruka - Masu Nozomi
Shinozuya Yayoi - Paku Romi
Mizuki Mana - Tomatsu Haruka
Nanase Akira - Sakaguchi Daisuke
Ogata Eiji - Hayami Shou

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 23:36   Link #17
Elehayym

Oh, Maeno Tomoaki doing another lead role? Seems his career is really taking off after Toshokan Sensou (and I'm personally happy about it cause he did great and is doing great in Mahou tsukai ni taisetsuna mono too). And also more Tomatsu Haruka! I don't think I've ever heard of some of the female VAs but the rest of the cast looks promising ^^
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 23:47   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nice cast list, I liked Maeno Tomoaki as Doujou.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 10:31   Link #19
Ottocycle

Oh ho~ Hayami Shou playing...the father of one of the leads?

It's been a long time since I heard him anywhere.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 16:58   Link #20
kyouray
2D > 3D

Chara-design on Dengeki Online.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen