AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-16, 09:26   Link #1041
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb121 View Post
Rina's expression at the end ;;

I feel like killing Touya right now.
What for all of his goddesses seem to be using him . It doesn't seem like he is in control of any of his relationships
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 09:26   Link #1042
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

I can't wait to hear what kind of depth and realism that Mentar pulls from the crying and tear-licking scene!
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 09:53   Link #1043
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
Episode 11 accomplished nothing.. haha
Haha, most of the episodes were like this, so...~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb121 View Post
Rina's expression at the end ;;
This?

(´゚д゚` )

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
Seriously I can't stand Misaki and Haruka anymore, they're just so boring.
Too bad for you they are still going to appear many times over... Fuhihi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Edit: Yes this anime is very, very random. The person who wrote the scripts for this show (or the main writers, or whatever) must be really sick. Either that, or he's living his greatest fantasies through his/their anime writings. >_> A beautiful idol, a girlfriend turned idol, and a hot emotionless manager to get buzisay with. Yea-ya. Rockin', party central ova hea-ya.
Really? I don't feel so......
And as for the setting, rather than the script writer, you should be looking at the original creator... no?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 12:44   Link #1044
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ To add, how is this series any more random than other types of romances? (eg "Maria holic"). It's all in your heads when you cry for random since this isn't the usual "fluff" type of romance series you've all be so used to.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2009-03-16 at 18:18. Reason: Maybe adding quotes would help clear things up with mr anon neg repper ;)
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 13:41   Link #1045
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Iv decided that Yayoi is broken pure and simple. No amount of depth they try to go into or backround on her is going to drum up anymore than "BROKEN". Her character is one dimensional they tried to slip in a bit of emotion there with the whole stalking thing but this crap is not flying with me. So for my own sanity im just going to classify her as broken that way watching her wont be as painful. Its been a long time since iv seen a character with no depth i mean none. If they are going to save Yayoi's character they better pull some crazy shit out the bag like her whole family was massacred by killer rabid kangaroos and the post traumatic stress left her unable to feel any emotion at all or she was abused or something give us something to work with people im not asking for much
Old 2009-03-16, 14:12   Link #1046
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
I can't wait to hear what kind of depth and realism that Mentar pulls from the crying and tear-licking scene!
Oooo, I'm snarked at by za koda. Kowai

Actually, the tears had me cringe. That was just terrible. I mean hell, even amateur directors would have known at the very least to gradually crack him up first if they had to go that way. Ugh. The show is definitely better in the subtle details (like having Yayoi pull ahead of Yuki in the window reflection), but when it's supposed to be really dramatic, it phails so far. Just think the Misaki confession scene disaster. And now this particular scene was simply completely off. Oh boy...

For weeks you don't talk to your girlfriend, and you wonder incredulously that she might be angry? Hello? Anyone at home up there?

Some general observations: Yuki is clearly playing a Suzumiya Haruka role. Everything revolves around her, but she doesn't even know what's really happening. Fine - it seems obvious that the big bang will happen in episode 13 before the break. Whether or not WA turns out to be a success or a failure will depend on the second half (and if I got things correctly, Mizuki Nana said that "it's boring in the first half", while the second half was obviously better).

Also, like many others, I'm watching this for Rina, though I do enjoy Mana aswell and I can imagine that my opinion of Yuki may improve, depending on what she does once she realizes what's going on. And I'm already bracing myself for the debacle Rina seems to be heading to.

Ah well... let's see where it goes. At the very least I can say that I'm not bored at all
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 15:02   Link #1047
prototype_sky

I guess his crying was the result of him understanding that his harem is falling apart

1) Can't talk with Misaki because Akira is acting like a bitch
2) Believes that he is not even on friendly term with Yuki since he didn't hear anything about her concert when earlier in the series she would tell him about her progress as an idol.
3) Rina considers him a human pet/play thing(teddy bear) aka using him
4) Mana replaced him as Haruka exercise buddy.
5) Being with Yayoi has screwed up his options to hook with Yuki/Rina now , so he's stuck with her.

Last edited by prototype_sky; 2009-03-16 at 15:38.
Old 2009-03-16, 15:11   Link #1048
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Basically, he's got nothing to distract him from his issues with Yuki now
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 15:14   Link #1049
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
I guess his crying was the result of him understanding that his harem is falling apart

1) Can't talk with Misaki because Akira is acting like a bitch
2) Believes that he is not even on friendly term with Yuki since didn't hear anything about her concert when earlier in the series she would tell him about her progress as an idol.
3) Rina considers him a human pet/play thing(teddy bear) aka using him
4) Mana replaced him as Haruka exercise buddy.
5) Being with Yayoi has screwed up his options to hook with Yuki/Rina now , so he's stuck with her.
Being serious, I think it's just the fact he hasn't gotten any notice from Yuki (2)... (AKA, because of Yayoi...).

Quote:
Yuki is clearly playing a Suzumiya Haruka role.
Oh the headaches if I ever can imagine Yuki with any resemblance to that person. (I understand what you are trying to say though...)

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-03-16, 15:46   Link #1050
SagaraSouske

This show has two seasons.
SagaraSouske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 15:54   Link #1051
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Actually, the tears had me cringe. That was just terrible. I mean hell, even amateur directors would have known at the very least to gradually crack him up first if they had to go that way.
I duno...I think in his own clueless way, he has been going through a lot of stress which has been subconsciously been building up, and the crying scene was something that he couldn't hold back any longer. The scene itself looked terrible as he brokedown just like that but isn't that the same with a lot of scenes where people cry over such "trivial" matters, the difference here is that we haven't seen much reaction from him up until this sudden outburst.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2009-03-16, 16:06   Link #1052
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Basically, he's got nothing to distract him from his issues with Yuki now
Well he still has Yayoi's sexual favours for the time being , but I guess he can't hang out with Yayoi and not have Yuki cross his mind.
Old 2009-03-16, 16:15   Link #1053
Copycatken

As was mentioned before, my highlight of episode 11 was definitely the last scene. Rina's expression of bewilderment is simply priceless. Couldn't Touya have come up with a better excuse rather than blurt out the truth? He totally chose the wrong flag if he wanted to end up with Rina D: Well, unless Rina's so determined to get him out of Yayoi's clutches that she decides to be more aggressive

At the rate where this is going, I wouldn't be surprised if the ending for episode 13 was that Touya finally decides that Mana is the best choice and skips both concerts to go see her.
Old 2009-03-16, 16:22   Link #1054
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I duno...I think in his own clueless way, he has been going through a lot of stress which has been subconsciously been building up, and the crying scene was something that he couldn't hold back any longer. The scene itself looked terrible as he brokedown just like that but isn't that the same with a lot of scenes where people cry over such "trivial" matters, the difference here is that we haven't seen much reaction from him up until this sudden outburst.
Actually, I thought it was obvious that he was, as Mentar wants, going through lots of stress. He was clearly showing that he was losing control of what was going on and getting confused over stuff, like Misaki's feelings. I mean, what do you think it meant when he went from denying Yayoi to just... not feeling anything? And recently, he has just become confusing to follow...

Old 2009-03-16, 16:29   Link #1055
prototype_sky

Well maybe overhearing from the musicians that Rina is pretty much considers him a thing, he feels no need to use white lies with her concerning Yayoi since any romantic involvement seems impossible.

Though there would be a problem of Rina relaying this info to Yuki he thinks he is already in the dog house and knowledge of his affair with Yayoi can't make things between them any worse.
Old 2009-03-16, 16:56   Link #1056
Copycatken

Touya would have to be pretty weak-willed if he believes that his chances are 0 with Rina just because the musicians consider him to be a tool. Considering it's Touya we're talking about though, that's actual possible . I still believed he should've made up a white lie. It's not like he's been the most honest character throughout the series...

I don't think Rina would tell Yuki about this though, since she's protective of her kouhai and wouldn't want to hurt her. Also, Rina mentioned in the episode that Yayoi is Yuki's support and that she's essential to the fledgling singer. Telling Yuki that her boyfriend is having an affair with her "essential support" would be beyond devastating.

Although I feel like Yuki is still going to find out about the affair, it won't be through Rina. I can already imagine Yuki discovering everything by seeing Yayoi and Touya making out in the car. Her facial expression would probably be even better than Rina's
Old 2009-03-16, 17:15   Link #1057
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Actually, I thought it was obvious that he was, as Mentar wants, going through lots of stress. He was clearly showing that he was losing control of what was going on and getting confused over stuff, like Misaki's feelings. I mean, what do you think it meant when he went from denying Yayoi to just... not feeling anything? And recently, he has just become confusing to follow...
I thought that he meant it wasn't obvious enough when he said to "gradually crack him up"
Well I'm in the same opinion as yours.
Bombshell hints were dropped here and there about his mental state but some people might not see it unless spelt out.

Old 2009-03-16, 17:30   Link #1058
Traece
:cool:

Actually something I found ironic...

Did anybody else find it strange that Yayoi was somehow comforting Touya (who is now 3 years old as far as I'm concerned, since he cries on a dime like one) over a situation that is almost entirely her fault?

I just now realized this. If "user" doesn't come in to mind there, I don't know what does.
Old 2009-03-16, 17:46   Link #1059
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch episode 11 :

Lol , Touya is lost , he doesn't know what to do , and the crying scene omg .
I just noticed that he told his life to Yayoi . Poor Touya , his situation isn't good .
Ahah Rina's expression make me laugh ^^ Poor Yuki , she'll be crazy if she'll know the truth XD
Go for a Touya x Yayoi ending
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 18:00   Link #1060
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

You know what, even if it won't happen. I'm all for a Touya x Yayoi ending. Come on Yayoi, show some emotion.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen