AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-02, 20:49   Link #1
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection heading to XBox 360 and PS3

This article discusses MGS HD Collection, and also makes mention of a Zone of the Enders HD collection, which has its own thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104619.

MGS HD Collection will include MGS Peace Walker! Also, MGS 3 is in my top 3 for games, heck, it might even be my favorite game.

Quote:
It's a very good day to be a Konami fan. Today as part of its pre-E3 conference, Konami announced the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and the Zone of the Enders HD Collection.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will contain Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The Zone of the Enders HD Collection will pack Zone of Enders and Zone of the Enders 2. Both collections have been optimized and rebuilt for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with new user interfaces for the HD resolutions, redrawn art, brand new Trophies/Achievements, right analog stick and rumble support, and improved audio.

Metal Gear overlord Hideo Kojima pointed out that while Peace Walker is part of the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, it is not part of the PSP Remaster series.

Another feature both collections support is Kojima's new "lifestyle" called "Transfarring." That is not a typo -- Transfarring. Using this system, PlayStation players can have one save that works with PS3 and PSP copies of certain games. Konami announced Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as the first (and so far only) Transfarring capable title. Start your Peace Walker game on the PS3, copy the save to the PSP, play on the go, and then copy it back to the PS3 to pick up where you left off.

No word was given as to what would happen if you earned a Trophy while using the PSP (a system which doesn't support Trophies). Also, the Zone of the Enders HD Collection is said to support Transfarring, but no PSP versions of these games were announced. Kojima said that he was looking to bring Tranfarring to the NGP, so perhaps that is where we'll see the ZOE plan come together.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will be available this November, while the Zone of the Enders HD Collection will be coming in 2012.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1172407p1.html

I'm so excited about both collections, especially the MGS HD Collection. November 2011 is going to be stellar for me. The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim, MGS HD Collection, and supposedly Zelda:Skyward Sword will hit then.
Old 2011-06-02, 20:57   Link #2
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Well, if you own a PS3, you can buy the original MGS off of PSN.
Old 2011-06-02, 20:57   Link #3
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
This one just makes me frustrated because why the hell did I buy the Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection if this was gonna come out a year or two later?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 21:12   Link #4
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
This one just makes me frustrated because why the hell did I buy the Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection if this was gonna come out a year or two later?
Understandable. Did you play Peace Walker on PSP yet? If not, that is a reason to check this out.

I have been thinking of selling my PS3 and getting an XBox 360. However, I would have missed being able to play MGS 3 on my PS3, and I was expecting MGS PW to hit PSN. This MGS HD Collection heading to XBox 360 is so good for me. Now I won't feel too bad for getting rid of my PS3.
Old 2011-06-02, 21:50   Link #5
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Understandable. Did you play Peace Walker on PSP yet? If not, that is a reason to check this out.

I have been thinking of selling my PS3 and getting an XBox 360. However, I would have missed being able to play MGS 3 on my PS3, and I was expecting MGS PW to hit PSN. This MGS HD Collection heading to XBox 360 is so good for me. Now I won't feel too bad for getting rid of my PS3.
Actually....No I haven't played peace walker and I didn't even know that was gonna be on it. So yeah I guess that just gave me an excuse to get this.

Also Personally I wouldn't suggest you get rid of your PS3, if you like playing video games let's not forget that even though the PS3 do lack a lot of exclusives it also has it's fair share of good games in their own right. And who knows what good games you might miss out on in the future because you decided to get rid of your PS3.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 22:16   Link #6
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Peace Walker for the PS3= Buy. I never played it so this is big news for myself.
Old 2011-06-02, 22:33   Link #7
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I might sell my PS3. There is a rumor that XBox 360s will all come with Kinects later this year, and that the current models will get price cuts, so maybe I won't sell my PS3. PS3 is good, but I don't own many games on it, so selling it wouldn't be too bad for me.

I have an interest in Agent by Rockstar and The Last Guardian, as well as the Uncharted series, but not too much beyond that. XBox 360 has some games that I'd like to check out, such as Tales of Vesperia, and Rez HD and Guardian Heroes, as well as several other XBLA games. There are other disc based games I want for it, and XBLA is a selling point for me.

I was thinking about selling my PS3 and buying a PS3 slim down the road, but if the XBox 360 does get a price cut announced at E3, I may just keep my PS3. I already have $130 in credit at Amazon that I plan to use for an XBox 360.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2011-06-02 at 22:45.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 23:19   Link #8
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/03/kojima_qa/

Some people are worried that the HD Peace Walker will be a separate release, but it seems that it'll only apply to Japan
Old 2011-06-02, 23:50   Link #9
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It's best to play Twin Snakes, anyway, instead of MGS1.
Old 2011-06-03, 00:15   Link #10
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

While this isn't really something I'm interested in considering I have every game in the series already, it's cool to see Peace Walker getting a non-handheld release.

If the PS3 version of Peace Walker is separate I might just get that since I can transfer save data from the PSP version. Otherwise though, it's not necessary for me to buy.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-06-03 at 00:33.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 00:58   Link #11
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's best to play Twin Snakes, anyway, instead of MGS1.
Twin Snakes is mostly good, but some of those cut scenes...

I mean, Snake flipping out and almost shooting Kenneth Baker, Snake doing a back flip off of an oncoming missle, Snake doing a side ways flip over a 7 foot high door? He is Solid Snake, not Spiderman!
Old 2011-06-03, 04:48   Link #12
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Seem NGP version also hinted

traffaring logo mean that there is connectivity between NGP/PSP. it makes sense for peace walker but not for ZOE and two other MGS.

unleash it released on NGP

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 04:55   Link #13
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
YES! Finally, I get a chance to play these games again!
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 06:44   Link #14
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Z.o.e on 360 who'd have guessed, cant wait as I loved the first but never got the chance to play its sequel.

The MGS collection is nice too and I look forward to plaything through snake eater again this time with a controller I'm comfortable with.

A quick comparison.

Peace Walker - Left PSP, right HD version

MGS2 Left PS2, right HD version

Shame ICO and SOTC are still sony exclusive and aren't making the transition to 360 as well.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 07:03   Link #15
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Day one purchase definitely.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 15:35   Link #16
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Yes ? hence why I said sony exclusive

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 00:35   Link #17
Rias

With the HD version coming out, I wonder if there's still a point getting the 3DS MGS3... even the graphics doesn't seem to be ps2 level.
Old 2011-06-04, 02:50   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
With the HD version coming out, I wonder if there's still a point getting the 3DS MGS3... even the graphics doesn't seem to be ps2 level.
They've basically made 3DS Metal Gear Solid 3 pointless.
Old 2011-06-04, 04:23   Link #19
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well it will be pointless if they sell it on 40 :P

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 04:23   Link #20
Sides

Kojima has been tweeting a lot about MGS HD and 3DS today. Read more on andriasang.com
One surprise to me is that Japan and Overseas will get a slightly different MSG HD pack, a wee excerpt from anoop's translation/interpretation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojima, translated/interpretation by anoop
First, some clarification about the Japanese and international versions of the game. In Japan, HD Edition includes HD remakes of Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 along with a product code for the Game Archives version of Metal Gear Solid. The version of MGS3 is Subsistence, meaning you also get the MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2. In total, you get MG1, MG2, MGS, MGS2 and MGS3. The HD remake of Peace Walker is sold separately in Japan.

Internationally, HD Edition includes the HD remakes of MGS2, MGS3 and Peace Walker. As with Japan, MGS3 is based off the Subsistence version, so you also get MG1 and MG2. In total, you get MG1, MG2, MGS2, MGS3, and Peace Walker. You'll have to get MGS1 on your own.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote