AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2013-04-28, 18:45   Link #2361
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well in the end we didn’t lost something that was essential to the story. Maybe they just feel like doing little changes to “improve” or they didn’t liked how it ended being present on TV.
Old 2013-05-08, 02:43   Link #2362
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Just watched the first 3 episodes in English dub and the voice work was incredible. It was well done.

I find it odd that they kept senpai and Kuroyukihime, and I found it funny when Megumi called her 'hime' instead of 'princess.'
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 08:21   Link #2363
GDB

Well, considering she says her real name is similar to her nickname, they pretty much have to keep Kuroyukihime. And with how well known martial arts movies are, I don't think Sensei and Senpai are that confusing nowadays, especially to those who watch anime.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 13:30   Link #2364
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I won't mind if they give us her actuall name however. I don't see the reason to keep it a secret.
Old 2013-05-09, 14:12   Link #2365
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, considering she says her real name is similar to her nickname, they pretty much have to keep Kuroyukihime. And with how well known martial arts movies are, I don't think Sensei and Senpai are that confusing nowadays, especially to those who watch anime.
That doesn't explain why they would keep hime.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 14:39   Link #2366
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
That doesn't explain why they would keep hime.
Since they keep Kuroyukihime in the dub, they have to go with Megumi calling her Hime instead of Princess.
Regular anime viewers know common Japanese words such as sensei, senpai, hime etc, but new viewers who're just starting with anime may not know the translation of those words and can't connect Kuroyukihime with princess. They might even think she's related to the imperial house of Japan.
Old 2013-07-17, 11:39   Link #2367
Sunder the Gold

The second mode of Lime Bell's Citron Call would have returned the Pyro Dealer to its original owner before it worked on Silver Crow's wings. Which would mean someone out there - possibly a Red avatar - is very happy, and gratefully sure that thieving bastard is dead.

Yet this avatar has not yet made any appearance.

Anyone interested in supposing what sort of Duel Avatars would feature Enhanced Armaments like Pyro Dealer and the Bolt Cutter? Or the "starfish-looking" guy who had the tentacle grabber?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 15:33   Link #2368
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Considering the anime is set on Japan and that Duel Avatars are made of traumas and fears... I don't think we really want to know the guy with the tentacle hand. Just saying.
Old 2013-07-17, 18:09   Link #2369
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

The tentacle arms were hinted to have had a different form originally. Taker quotes the previous owner as saying "it is a starfish." Maybe he meant the arms of a starfish, in which case the owner might a body of a starfish as well.

Considering how Haruyuki's wings changed appearance so drastically, it's possible all equipment stolen by DT undergo a change in appearance.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 18:28   Link #2370
Sunder the Gold

Silver Crow's wings were unique among the things Dusk Taker used, as they were a system ability rather than an Enhanced Armament.

The tentacles, Bolt Cutter, and Pyro Dealer are all tools that Taker needed to equip or de-equip with vocal commands or pushing buttons on his menu. (Obviously, the tentacles and Bolt Cutter were set to "equip by default", the same way Cyan Pile's weapon is.)

The wings were added directly to Taker's avatar, and thus changed appearance to suit the avatar. Rather than silver, they became [Dusk]. But the other things did not match his color at all.

Also, I thought Taker said "the previous owner called them the arms of an anenome, actually". It was the owner, not the weapon, which resemble a starfish.
Old 2013-07-18, 11:51   Link #2371
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well even if that is the case, what kind of Duel Avatar will look like a starfish and have tentacles? I mean a starfish doesn't have those things.
Old 2013-07-18, 14:59   Link #2372
Sunder the Gold

People aren't naturally equipped with swords, either.

A starfish alien using a genetically-designed tentacle organism for a weapon makes as much sense.

So does a wolfman avatar with a raven pet.
Old 2013-07-18, 19:47   Link #2373
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Point taken. Still I find the image odd and like you said it could change to fit on Dust Taker.
Old 2013-07-18, 20:02   Link #2374
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Well technically avatars like Sauxe Lauder are beyond our imagination as well. Also, that CCC legionnaire who appeared next to Yellow Radio in a few shots has a peculiar design too.
Old 2013-07-18, 22:01   Link #2375
Sunder the Gold

You know, there's a note of hope for Takumu in the anime.

That one scene where it's just him and Kuroyukihime, dueling it out, as KYH confronts him about his issues of guilt and pride.

That's a scene focusing on Taku's own story, without Haru in the picture at all. It's his own victory, against himself.

If I remember correctly, it's tied into how Takumu decides to quit his prestigous school (likely defying his demanding parents) to join Umesato Middle School to just be with his friends. Also, how he accepts his need to wear glasses, rather than using his Nuero-Linker's vision-correction program.

I hope future seasons will give Takumu other moments where he's not simply the worf or the chewtoy.
Old 2013-07-22, 23:54   Link #2376
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
You know, there's a note of hope for Takumu in the anime.

That one scene where it's just him and Kuroyukihime, dueling it out, as KYH confronts him about his issues of guilt and pride.

That's a scene focusing on Taku's own story, without Haru in the picture at all. It's his own victory, against himself.

If I remember correctly, it's tied into how Takumu decides to quit his prestigous school (likely defying his demanding parents) to join Umesato Middle School to just be with his friends. Also, how he accepts his need to wear glasses, rather than using his Nuero-Linker's vision-correction program.

I hope future seasons will give Takumu other moments where he's not simply the worf or the chewtoy.
I gave Taku a lot of respect for that battle. He said himself, that he's better at kendo than Noumi. Even though Taku did a lot of cheating, he's still good. When he beat Noumi for his own I was, admittedly, quite proud of him! If only we could do something about that backbone of his though...

Incidentally, I always laugh when they bring up the car from earlier in the series. Yeah, that time that Taku sent a several-ton vehicle careening into his best friend and the princess, nearly completely killing her. It'll always be such a laugh to me how quickly they moved on from him almost literally killing someone (two people, actually, but she did save piggy).
Old 2013-07-23, 00:17   Link #2377
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

What? I think it's pretty clear it wasn't Takumu, but Araya. You know, delinquent guy who bullied Haru, had an application that warned him about the presence of social cameras, etc. Hell, even their physique is completely different, pretty hard to mix them up.
Optimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 04:18   Link #2378
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

As Optimura said. Araya is the one who attempted to kill KYH and Haru by switching to manual and crashing the car.
Old 2013-07-23, 08:35   Link #2379
Sunder the Gold

I also give Taku respect for his showing, and I love the quality the animators lavished on that fight.

I don't hold it against Taku that Noumi's sudden hostage-grab turned the tables on him, especially as he shouldn't have needed to protect Lime Bell in a duel with Dusk Taker. Bell was perhaps too close, and probably didn't suspect Taker would betray his "ally" like that... Though the light novels say he used her as bait more than once in previous battles, so it perhaps shouldn't have been a surprise?

But Noumi's just a really twisted bastard. So it's fine that he can surprise them with the depths of his depravity.

I'm just unsettled by how easily Takumu's duel could have been taken out of the battle without changing the outcome. If Black Lotus had found a sufficiently fast Enemy to tame, she could have arrived immediately after Black Vice trapped Silver Crow, allowing Crow to immediately jump into fighting Dusk Taker. L

Or, Vice could have trapped Pile instead of Crow, letting Crow immediately fight Taker and giving Black Lotus time to arrive and free Pile from Vice. Either way, the outcome doesn't really change.

Cyan Pile did manage to cut off one of Taker's arms, but I cannot remember how this hindered Dusk Taker in any way. So, Pile ultimately accomplishes nothing except to pad out the fight. He's only involved because there wasn't anything else as important for him to be doing, and the author is sensible enough to not just ignore him or bench him for stupid reasons.

Yes, Cyan Pile was awesome in that fight, but Silver Crow was Even More Awesome. Unlike Pile, he actually would have defeated Taker by reducing him to 0 HP, had Lime Bell not intervened.

Lime Bell was also more effective than Pile in that, without her, Black Lotus would not have arrived and Crow would not have gotten his wings back. The victory could not have happened the way it did without her.

How many of you have read Catsy's excellent "Fairy Dance of Death" fanfic?

I think the canonical approach of "Kirito and Friends" storytelling did a disservice to Sword Arts Online. I LOVE Catsy's multiple-character point-of-view approach, where we often follow the adventures of characters other than Kirito, without Kirito. It allows a fuller exploration of the setting and the other characters. Especially since it prevents characters from being reduced to mere parts of one character's story. (Kirito is awesome. But so are Klein and Argo.)

That's why I love the Okinawan adventure, and am looking forward to the Niko/Prominence-centric story and the spin-off manga of Aluminum Valkyrie. Because as much as I like Haruyuki, I don't want the Accelerated World crushed down into something small enough for him to be its center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Point taken. Still I find the image odd and like you said it could change to fit on Dust Taker.
No, I said inherent abilities like Aviation would change to fit. I said that Enhanced Armaments would NOT change.

The silver wings became dark purple. The Red-type Pyro Dealer stayed Red.

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2013-07-23 at 12:48.
Old 2013-07-29, 19:35   Link #2380
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I'm just unsettled by how easily Takumu's duel could have been taken out of the battle without changing the outcome. If Black Lotus had found a sufficiently fast Enemy to tame, she could have arrived immediately after Black Vice trapped Silver Crow, allowing Crow to immediately jump into fighting Dusk Taker. L

Or, Vice could have trapped Pile instead of Crow, letting Crow immediately fight Taker and giving Black Lotus time to arrive and free Pile from Vice. Either way, the outcome doesn't really change.

Cyan Pile did manage to cut off one of Taker's arms, but I cannot remember how this hindered Dusk Taker in any way. So, Pile ultimately accomplishes nothing except to pad out the fight. He's only involved because there wasn't anything else as important for him to be doing, and the author is sensible enough to not just ignore him or bench him for stupid reasons.
From a pure strategic standpoint you're right, but Cyan Pile's involvement was a bit more meaningful than that. My memory of that scene is hazy, but Cyan Pile used the forbidden technique to create a blade, didn't he? Dusk Taker attempted to steal it, noting its power and appearance, yet he wasn't able to because it was a part of Cyan Pile's psyche. That represented an important part of Taku's character development, but it also represented something else: that Noumi couldn't take everything, and that for his seemingly invincible avatar and ability, he was very limited in other ways (personality, psychology).

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen