AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 6 13.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 11.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 18.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 13.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-10, 04:04   Link #81
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
As I've heard Welkin was main protagonist in game. As lots of people pointed - anime is not the game, lots of things are different. One of differences is main protagonist. In anime there is only one thing that may support theory that Welkin is main protagonist - he was introduced before Faldio. Welkin is a emo boy, indecisive, Faldio is an adult, able to make hard choices. Welkin motivation for fight is: "I'd like to end that war as soon as possible", Faldio just want to protect his country. When Welkin has problems with his subordinates, Faldio must come and fix Welkins mistakes. Durign battles Welkin is a man who create a "strategy", but Faldio is a man, who leads people to fight. Faldio, excluding first few episodes, has more screen time. Love triangle is in fact about Faldio unrequited love to Alicia - Welkin untill last episode haven't done anything. Faldio is a man, who sacrificed his love and honor for his country. Welkin was unable to say a few words to protect his own sister.
How is he an 'emo' boy when he barely showed any emotion during the series?(Not that he had any screen time to LOL). To me, it looked like Faldio went emo when his squad got wiped clean off the map.
Old 2009-09-10, 04:52   Link #82
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
How is he an 'emo' boy when he barely showed any emotion during the series?(Not that he had any screen time to LOL). To me, it looked like Faldio went emo when his squad got wiped clean off the map.
His "relationship" with Alicia and, to lesser extent, lack of reaction when Isara was bullied, fits my description of emo boy. You right, his inner thoughts weren't shown - but that's a fate of side characters . Faldio had a reason to go emo.

Old 2009-09-10, 05:10   Link #83
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
As I've heard Welkin was main protagonist in game. As lots of people pointed - anime is not the game, lots of things are different. One of differences is main protagonist. In anime there is only one thing that may support theory that Welkin is main protagonist - he was introduced before Faldio. Welkin is a emo boy, indecisive, Faldio is an adult, able to make hard choices. Welkin motivation for fight is: "I'd like to end that war as soon as possible", Faldio just want to protect his country. When Welkin has problems with his subordinates, Faldio must come and fix Welkins mistakes. Durign battles Welkin is a man who create a "strategy", but Faldio is a man, who leads people to fight. Faldio, excluding first few episodes, has more screen time. Love triangle is in fact about Faldio unrequited love to Alicia - Welkin untill last episode haven't done anything. Faldio is a man, who sacrificed his love and honor for his country. Welkin was unable to say a few words to protect his own sister.
I hope you know i'm joking around.

Yes Faldio is a protagonist in this adaptation, though i don't agree with you on Welkin. He is also a main character in this show. He doesn't need be the greatest man ever created who can do anything possible and is never labeled a bad man even when he shoots from behind the woman he is supposed to love. Welkin is the main character, along side the super hero.
Old 2009-09-10, 05:52   Link #84
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I hope you know i'm joking around.

Yes Faldio is a protagonist in this adaptation, though i don't agree with you on Welkin. He is also a main character in this show. He doesn't need be the greatest man ever created who can do anything possible and is never labeled a bad man even when he shoots from behind the woman he is supposed to love. Welkin is the main character, along side the super hero.
The problem is that it makes Welkin look like Faldio's sidekick most of the time. It is not intended but they just wasted so much time on making Faldio so great that they forgot about Welkin, and even when Faldio's downfall happened it was short as hell and he rose from ashes in an instant while Welkin remained some helpless strategist in the background most of the time.
Old 2009-09-10, 10:47   Link #85
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
ugh i really didnt like the episode that much i gave it a 7. The whole squad 7 antics was just badly done and it didnt seem real when they started to voice their remorse about what they said about Alicia. The only who seemed in character was Rosie.

The entire time i kept saying your the queen why dont you actually do something. Then surprise surprise she did however with her authority she could curb ambitions of the those cowardly military leaders.

Welkin actually a set of ballz? well however small they might be he still punched a commissioned superior officer. I was like "oh hes growing up so fast he already fighting with the kids in the school yard" It was nice to see him try to defend Alicia's honor.

Alicia is doing what she can she fight to end the war as soon as possible so as not to increase casualties. Thats actually pretty admirable it just sucks that she looked miserable while saying it.

Selveria was a bit annoying but i can see how she would be depressed. I use to like Maximillion but not too much anymore imo hes actually displaying why hes 2nd prince. I dont find his personality very wanting hes actually kind of boring not a guy i would want to follow. Oh well Selveria says she wont lose again so of course her and Alicia are going to square off again. Hopefully will get he backround about how her and Alicia are connected.

meh
Old 2009-09-10, 11:08   Link #86
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

OMFG!!!

When did this turn out into an all-out comedy show? I swear, I LOL'ed when Welkin let out that "ALICIA!!!" cry at the very end, and then I ROLF'ed when the slapping scene was used in a loop for the end credits... God... this series started out so nicely, just to turn into this...

But I digress.

I'd like to know what Cordelia and Faldio were talking about - guess we will find out soon enough. Also, even though subconsciously I understand that Alicia only counts the people from Squad 7 and Faldio as her friends, it did rub me the wrong way when she name-dropped him to the Princess - I know Welkin is a part of the squad, but still...

And I actually did enjoy Welkin's punch, but the poor guy sure got beaten up pretty badly, eh? What were his comrades doing, simply standing by and watching? I mean, if they had some bandages and stuff when they went to visit him, it wouldn't have given quite this bad impression, would it? A simple set of details would have made a whole lotta difference, here.

Old 2009-09-10, 13:18   Link #87
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
OMFG!!!

When did this turn out into an all-out comedy show? .
Approved.

Finally got to see this episode.

Wow. Really? Really.

Faldio gets 0 punishment, ultimately. HE SHOT A FRIENDLY. I don't care what his reasoning was. HE. SHOT. A. FRIENDLY.

I do have to give Welkin credit layin' the smack down on that one Regular officer. That was quality.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-09-10, 13:38   Link #88
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Too bad he got p0wned...

Old 2009-09-10, 13:39   Link #89
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Too bad he got p0wned...
& we didn't even get to see it.
Old 2009-09-10, 13:44   Link #90
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, that was also lame...

Old 2009-09-10, 13:55   Link #91
CheezeRaider

been away for two weeks and finally caught up.

I must say as a combat vet who like to watch kiddy anime to escape. and NOTE I take it with a grain of salt as it is anime. I enjoyed the VC Game which got em started watching VC anime, and I truly hate the anime story line.

Just a few thing I want to point out:

I don't F***ing care how much you hate someone, be in enough firefight with your battle buddy covering your ass, your negative feeling will change quickly, just because in the story line your battle buddy is a some supper dude with great power, (note the valkyria are revered not shunned.) nobody gonna say ooooo im so scared. Hell I'd be so proud my battle buddy is a valkyria and I fought along side him/her be fore he/she realized their great power. $hit I'd be bragging.

I understand that historically that every military were different in pass and present. but to speak of some in your same uniform as monster who is fighting on the same side is very unofficer like, and disrespectful. Bar brawling is one thing, but officer dont get into brawls like that in camp. they break up brawls.

and judging from how the anime VC portrait officers and noncoms professionalism Gallian military and the level of their incompetency, Gallia should have 0 chance of winning with or without Alicia. She can only be at one location and cant protect.

I'll stop with my 2cent. dont need to give the whole dollar.

A good writer can make $hit worth looking at, but im not so sure if I can stomach Anime VC anymore, but Gwad damn it I just have to see it to the end.

Last edited by CheezeRaider; 2009-09-10 at 14:05.
Old 2009-09-10, 13:56   Link #92
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, that was also lame...
It sure was lame. I must say I was hoping I would hear that the army officer has been sent into hospital after the fistfight, if it's not to the morgue.
Old 2009-09-10, 14:31   Link #93
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Too bad he got p0wned...
True, but to see him do that was great anyway. It was worth it.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-09-10, 14:35   Link #94
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

I know how you feel CheezeRaider. Just do like the rest of us and admit that there's no military realism in the anime (heck, that was kind of obvious even in episode one). As a matter of fact forget completely about the war setting!

what I understood so far is that this is a sappy romance between the school idol and rep of class 1, Faldio, the normal-looking but secretly mahou-shoujo Alicia and Welkin, the rep of class 7 and biology nerd. Under the guidance of their homeroom teacher Eleanor Varrot they fight against the evil "Empire" corporation trying to take over their school, "Gallia Academy", led by the CEO's son Maximillian and his cronies. They are impeded in their efforts by the incompetent principal Damon despite the support of the young chair(wo)man Cordelia.

Consider that Welkin, Alicia and Faldio are in their teens and suddenly the story makes sense.
Old 2009-09-10, 14:58   Link #95
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& we didn't even get to see it.
I was actually a little disappointed. The first time Welkin shows hes got a pair we dont see him get his manhood beat in.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:18   Link #96
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Approved.

Wow. Really? Really.

Faldio gets 0 punishment, ultimately. HE SHOT A FRIENDLY. I don't care what his reasoning was. HE. SHOT. A. FRIENDLY.
Not only that he took the princess hostage!!!
l guess the anime version of princess Cordelia likes that kind of thing....she isa kinky!!!
She let Faldio go so they can have a private S&M lesson later on!
Old 2009-09-10, 15:32   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
She let Faldio go so they can have a private S&M lesson later on!
So that's what she wanted to ask him. Mystery solved!
Old 2009-09-10, 15:43   Link #98
reaper_unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
I know how you feel CheezeRaider. Just do like the rest of us and admit that there's no military realism in the anime (heck, that was kind of obvious even in episode one). As a matter of fact forget completely about the war setting!

what I understood so far is that this is a sappy romance between the school idol and rep of class 1, Faldio, the normal-looking but secretly mahou-shoujo Alicia and Welkin, the rep of class 7 and biology nerd. Under the guidance of their homeroom teacher Eleanor Varrot they fight against the evil "Empire" corporation trying to take over their school, "Gallia Academy", led by the CEO's son Maximillian and his cronies. They are impeded in their efforts by the incompetent principal Damon despite the support of the young chair(wo)man Cordelia.

Consider that Welkin, Alicia and Faldio are in their teens and suddenly the story makes sense.
lol I think I would rather have something like that then this
Old 2009-09-10, 15:48   Link #99
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post

That... that's... that's perfect. It all makes sense now! I am enlightened!
Old 2009-09-10, 16:07   Link #100
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Approved.

Wow. Really? Really.

Well for the record it was the princess who released him and she's the top authority in the country (Borg's not there anyways nor would he care to stop her).

Quote:
But they all graduated from univeristy! They can't be in their teens!
Closed Thread