AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-06-13, 12:09   Link #1
Tiberium Wolf

Yuusha no Mago to Maou no Musume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Description at batoto
After the great battle between the Demon King and the Hero, justice prevailed and the devils scattered. The Demon King was killed. A few years later, the Demon King's daughter went on a journey to find her father's heritage, and met the granddaughter of the Hero. Could this journey signal a new start for the two?

Not Isekai. Kinda interesting the curse of the hero granddaughter.
Old 2017-06-13, 12:16   Link #2
wuhugm
Salted Tiger

Yuri Yuri?
Old 2017-06-13, 15:36   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I believe this is an original work published by Alphapolis that is not based on a web novel.
Old 2017-06-13, 16:12   Link #4
Velsy

Dont really know what the think of it yet. At first I thought the MC was going to be weak and annoying so I felt maybe it could be a drag. But I feel like I should give it a chance to establish a story. I do somewhat at least want to know bout the elfs circumstances. She seems interesting in that regard.

but why is an Elf being a maous daughter ? I know elves are related to Faries most of the time, but thats kinda odd being called a devil, let alone a maou <.<

But I really hope it doesn't turn out about making food all the time. I get it, Japanese people like their food. but I dont want to hear about it every chapter <.<

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 16:42   Link #5
Tenzen12

Actually it's not that unusual. In these works "demons" is umbrella term for all supernatural as opposed to humanity. I believe Maoyuu had fairies as one thing f demon clans, in HataMaou in other hand exist demon clan equivalent of dwarves...

Actually you don't find any were demonfolk being represented by single race.

As for manga itself not sure what I should think yet, but if it get too yuri for me I am bailing out.
Old 2017-06-13, 20:38   Link #6
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Maou daughter is explosively hot, doe.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 01:24   Link #7
Tcol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
but why is an Elf being a maous daughter ? I know elves are related to Faries most of the time, but thats kinda odd being called a devil, let alone a maou <.<
In many fantasy stories where demon race exist, they usually have pointed ears (may be a little long too) and this coincidentally be the trait of elves too.

Don't know if it just me that i feel there something that might make me wanna drop it. To be specific, that feel come from the appearance of 2 new characters at the end of chap 1 and it's sudden out of nowhere, while i expected the protag and hero girl to travel for at least 1~2 more chaps before someone else join in
Tcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 14:16   Link #8
ReddyRedWolf

This is pretty much a post harem adventure. Demon princess didn't get the hero yet he left a great impression upon her. Now she'll have to take care or mentor his granddaughter.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 17:22   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Maou daughter is explosively hot, doe.
obviously

Quote:
There’s even the statistics that when the Demon King is a woman, or when they have a little sister or daughter, the Hero changes sides over 80% of the time.”
you seem to have forgotten this bit of statistic.
Old 2017-06-15, 01:23   Link #10
Tcol

^ Gotta agree with that Evil God Average reference XD
Old 2017-06-15, 09:12   Link #11
Velsy

I was doing some thinking on this today. and well found a little few odd things.. Elf ugh devil ? Says they are a kingdom that doesnt hold grudges when they lose... Yet the heros were cursed because they won O_O Her father contradicts themselves huh ?

We dont have any context to what the war was about, was the Maou invading, was he committing atrocious acts? or did the heros get what was coming to them ?. For all we know the heros were genuinely fighting to protect their people. The ah,. pointy ear devil girl seems to suggest she knew the hero 50 years ago somewhat, or at least met him. yet she doesnt seem to hold any hate towards him or his descendants (especially the MC) . Makes me feel there is no malice from the heros side during the war, on that little information so far.

Taking the point they were generally cursed for winning, they would be more the victims of the war. A sacrifice they've paid. You would think they would of had retired from service, Disarmed of weapons and closely monitored, as going berserk is a safety issue to everyone. Berserk means you attack anyone near you, friend or foe with intent to kill/harm. This would be the logical approach here.

However, it appears the MC has a different curse, we could probably call it the Maous a lolicon curse. I assume she progresses into nothing and dies If she doesnt eat ? Its basically the same as a death curse. Interesting she was also armed with a Katana, but since she doesnt berserk like the rest of her family. Thats reasonable, she wont be killing anyone for missing breakfast.

So the bottom line, I guess the MC is a victim of the results 50 years ago. Going to need some context on what happened to find out if it was deserved or not. If the heros were asses, then I can see why the curse was inflicted apon them. Would suck for the MC then. Her journey would be about redemption, but it doesnt appear to be I think. Guess its wait and see how the pointy ear devil and MC develops/bond. But for now, they come accross to me as victims, a sacrifice they made to win the war probably.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2017-06-15 at 09:27.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 12:18   Link #12
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chapter 3 is out.
So we learn why the Demon King's daughter is helping the Hero's granddaughter. It's to repay a debt for her grandfather for sparing her life and allowing her to live after the war.
Old 2017-07-13, 13:30   Link #13
Tcol

So far, events occured with a fast pace made me feel like reading a oneshot which might be finished after 10~15 chaps.
I need more yuri developements.