Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-02-08, 14:17   Link #1141
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I was only wondering about this due to the 2 line restriction in the signature. I know on my older LCD my resolution was only 1024x768 and I swapped to a CRT for my photoshopping needs and i'm at a 1360x1024 resolution right now. Because on my brothers LCD which is at a resolution of 1280x1024 my signature was on 3 lines. So I thought I have made a mistake on the length of it.
As for the number of lines in the sig, it would be based on how much text would fit in a 500 pixels wide area. Your current sig would include 5 lines of text and would look something like this.
Quote:

Kakizaki (colored ^_^) /My Extractions & Wallpapers --> Daisuki Scans Wallpapers - My
current extraction progress - none >.<

Visit my Deviantart (no more extractions or wallpapers in my DA account
>.<)
, my Artician or my thread ^^ / My favorite Tutorials - 1 - Part 1 of
- Part 2 of 2
I thought I had already told you this, here

Here's another sig that also fails the sig limits when you actually apply the same conditions.
Quote:

Not only will h264 improve your
video quality, it will also
elimate spyware, cure
baldness, clean your windows
and studies have shown that it
is 3.2 times better than sex.

Get CCCP here.

There's not that fine a line
between willing suspension of
disbelief and something just
being stupid.

xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 15:43   Link #1142
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
As for the number of lines in the sig, it would be based on how much text would fit in a 500 pixels wide area. Your current sig would include 5 lines of text and would look something like this.

I thought I had already told you this, here

Here's another sig that also fails the sig limits when you actually apply the same conditions.
Oh, I thought you meant that when I was playing around with that new format of signature. Ok I'll keep that in mind. 500 pixels.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by NightWish; 2008-02-10 at 07:42.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 01:01   Link #1143
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Eeep!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 14:24   Link #1144
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Eeep!
lol ur sig

Q= IS it hard being a Mod and is it Fun
Old 2008-02-09, 14:50   Link #1145
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
lol ur sig
Instead of lol maybe you should check out the sig limits yourself Your sig is also over the limit!!
Quote:

Currently Watching: Rental Magic, Bleach, Naruto and D Gray Man
Currently Reading: Bleach, One Piece, D Gray Man, Berserk, Claymore, Naruto and
Inuyasha
Top 5 Favorite~ Sesshomaru , Solomon, Irene, Sanji, Krory
It's 135 pixels high and 4 lines of text!! Even if you take into account that you are using size 1 text the fact that your image is 135 pixels means you are over the limits.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 15:00   Link #1146
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

..... i will
Old 2008-02-09, 15:49   Link #1147
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Instead of lol maybe you should check out the sig limits yourself Your sig is also over the limit!!

It's 135 pixels high and 4 lines of text!! Even if you take into account that you are using size 1 text the fact that your image is 135 pixels means you are over the limits.
You still have those things enabled Chris?

A year or so ago they sorta just got out of control. They multiplied like crazy and maximum became minimum all of a sudden.
I like them too ~ but sheesh write more in your posts then your sigs damn it. >_<;

Having such a pathetically small minimum-post-size doesn't really help either.
It should be at least 2x maximum signature size; just to be fair

I eventually disabled them just because they also had this sort of brain washing effect whenever I would read a post.
Like I couldn't be mean to someone with a cute avatar ~ Well not too extreme but that sort of feeling...
~ now I'm getting this feeling I'm being less sensible then some sort of minimum here. Sry Legem

Q. Anyone else got the avy/sig brainwashing feeling? lol
Old 2008-02-09, 21:25   Link #1148
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Been wanting to ask this for a while so here's goes...

When I upload some images using ImageShack, they sometimes end up (in the way they look) having a darker tone in color when compared to the original in my folders; That is, the image looks darker when I open the thumbnail, yet, it goes back to normal if I save it again to my computer.

Anyone else has seen this "problem" before?
Old 2008-02-10, 02:04   Link #1149
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Been wanting to ask this for a while so here's goes...

When I upload some images using ImageShack, they sometimes end up (in the way they look) having a darker tone in color when compared to the original in my folders; That is, the image looks darker when I open the thumbnail, yet, it goes back to normal if I save it again to my computer.

Anyone else has seen this "problem" before?
hmm havn't noticed anything like that myself. Does it happen on all images?

Can't see how it can change color just because you save it so it's probably the browser or the viewer you use for images. What browser do you use?
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 03:35   Link #1150
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco View Post
hmm havn't noticed anything like that myself. Does it happen on all images?
No, only from time to time. At the very least, I only take notice of this on ocasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco View Post
Can't see how it can change color just because you save it so it's probably the browser or the viewer you use for images. What browser do you use?
I get the feeling that I am about to answer my own question.......

I use Internet Explorer. >_< !
Old 2008-02-10, 03:39   Link #1151
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Q= IS it hard being a Mod and is it Fun
Answers to both of those questions vary greatly depending on how many @$$h01es I have to deal with that day. Sometimes I enjoy it, but other times it is a pain in my booty.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 03:42   Link #1152
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

How many a-holes, on average, do you encounter each day?
Old 2008-02-10, 08:16   Link #1153
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Daniel E. it's the browser. A more noticeable change occurred in the transition of Firefox to 2.x.x when gifs became slightly faster.
I'm also somehow guessing you're previewing them on your computer with Windows Image & Fax Viewer in which case try comparing with Ps instead.
Old 2008-02-10, 13:32   Link #1154
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher7 View Post
How many a-holes, on average, do you encounter each day?
More than a fair share... in fact, a lot more. Please no more follow up questions on this topic.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 13:36   Link #1155
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I'm also somehow guessing you're previewing them on your computer with Windows Image & Fax Viewer in which case try comparing with Ps instead.
I sorta guessed it would be something on my side. >_< !

Thanks for the answer!
Old 2008-02-11, 12:05   Link #1156
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Bathing at night leads to rheumatism. Washing your hair at night leads to migranes.

Myth or fact?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 12:22   Link #1157
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Bathing at night leads to rheumatism. Washing your hair at night leads to migranes.

Myth or fact?

I'm going to say that that is a myth...I highly doubt washing your hair at night leads to migranes...I mean..maybe if you were illergic to something in what ever it is your washing it with could...but I doubt it.
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 15:36   Link #1158
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

Myth or fact?
Those acts alone wouldn't cause it. Possible explanations for why people think it's that way is because it tends to become colder at night. If you're wet or even damp, you're going to be losing more heat due to evaporative cooling than you would if you were dry. If your head gets too cold, you'll get a headache. If you constantly repeat the act of giving yourself headaches at night, you may give yourself self-induced headaches (forgot the exact term for it, but you basically believe so strongly that you'll feel sick, that you do or you perceive yourself to).

Rheumatism (I presume you mean something like arthritis) is a bit of a stretch, as I'm not sure that having your body be cold would induce that. If you became cold to the point of shivering and did that every night, it might be possible that the act of shivering over a long period of time could induce it. I'm not positive on that, though - just theorizing.

A lot of these concepts come from people not paying attention to the scientific aspects of what's going on. I heard some really great examples of these in a psychology class once, when we were asked to write down how we thought that people caught a cold, as described by our parents. Coming from a family of doctors I'd sort of expected that everyone knew this one, but the responses were pretty amazing. Some examples included getting your feet wet, touching someone else's mucus, leaving the window open at night... all sorts of things. All of those are observations of what can lead to a person coming down with a cold, but all of them simply facilitate the disease state - none of them are directly the cause. I'd imagine that's the case with the two examples you've listed, as well (that is, bathing itself doesn't do anything but frequently lowering your body temperature might, and bathing at night has the potential to do that).
Old 2008-02-11, 19:24   Link #1159
GyroidFanatic

It is possible for twins to be born days or weeks apart, either naturally or if one twin has to be born early for medical reasons.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 20:42   Link #1160
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Dun think so. I always shower and bathe at midnight and later and i've never been affected by it.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious