AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-10, 16:11   Link #121
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
Well, then to me it seems like they have two options...either they just make an anime original ending with Silver as the final boss and SotF as....well I don't know...or how about an open ending à la Code Geass with Yuji merging with SotF.
Yuji, and Sairei no Hebi will be fusing in the next episode, and then they'll probabaly do part of volume 16, and end on a cliffhanger, or sumthing like that.
Old 2008-03-10, 17:42   Link #122
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

The 2nd op also proves that Shana will also have some contact with Yuji's Black flames and if you want an example of how the Merging might look, take a look at this (starts at the 2:34 mark)
Old 2008-03-10, 18:09   Link #123
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
The 2nd op also proves that Shana will also have some contact with Yuji's Black flames and if you want an example of how the Merging might look, take a look at this (starts at the 2:34 mark)
Do you have a non nice link of that video, a website that doesn't require registration.
Old 2008-03-10, 18:22   Link #124
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

No Sorry, I don't
Old 2008-03-10, 18:25   Link #125
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
No Sorry, I don't
Then can you describe what the fusion in that video is like.
Old 2008-03-10, 18:58   Link #126
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Then can you describe what the fusion in that video is like.
it was just the footage of yuji realizing he was in a dream and returning to the real world in episode 1 of season 2.
Old 2008-03-10, 19:11   Link #127
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
it was just the footage of yuji realizing he was in a dream and returning to the real world in episode 1 of season 2.
Oh! That's where that fotage was from
Old 2008-03-11, 16:37   Link #128
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Oh thanks. I guess I wasn't playing close attention to that episode
Old 2008-03-13, 00:24   Link #129
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Do we have a CV name for Sairei no Hebi yet? I'm curious as to what kind of actor JC Staff will give him.
Old 2008-03-13, 00:27   Link #130
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Do we have a CV name for Sairei no Hebi yet? I'm curious as to what kind of actor JC Staff will give him.
My guess? He's going to be voiced by Hino Satoshi.
Spoiler for Why:
Old 2008-03-13, 01:04   Link #131
ashlay
the red string of fate

all these answers and more in a few hours. maybe.

wonder if Satoshi's any good at doing an 'evil' voice.
Old 2008-03-13, 01:07   Link #132
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

I'm hoping SnH Sakai Yuuji will be voiced by Hino, I want to hear a GARlock-like voice from him. But I think regular old SnH will have a different CV.
Old 2008-03-26, 09:16   Link #133
Deathscyther

After seeing episode 23, I think that we'll be getting a season 3. They tied all the fillers together with this episode, so that'll leave the road open to a season 3 with canon material, although they should wait until there are more novels to animate.

We might get the confession after all in the last episode. I base this off the preview, but this can be misleading of course. There's even a very small chance that they'll bring in Sarei no Hebi in episode 24, although I don't think so to be honest.
Old 2008-03-26, 16:25   Link #134
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
After seeing episode 23, I think that we'll be getting a season 3. They tied all the fillers together with this episode, so that'll leave the road open to a season 3 with canon material, although they should wait until there are more novels to animate.
Not happening. If they decide to bring Sairei no Hebi for the 3rd Season, it will not be canon at all. My best bet (and hope) is to wait and see how the novels will go first. If there's an arc after SnH, then there will be a 3rd season. If not, I'm sorry, but all good things must come to an end.
Old 2008-03-27, 09:55   Link #135
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Not happening. If they decide to bring Sairei no Hebi for the 3rd Season, it will not be canon at all. My best bet (and hope) is to wait and see how the novels will go first. If there's an arc after SnH, then there will be a 3rd season. If not, I'm sorry, but all good things must come to an end.
I wouldn't mind if it was "good". I want a third season because I think Shana deserves better. So does that mean that SnH alone is not enough material for a third season? Maybe they could do a 13-episode instead of a 24? Moreover, there are still other secondary plot details left uncovered, like Yuji's younger brother which was only just introduced into the anime story.
Old 2008-03-28, 01:00   Link #136
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
I wouldn't mind if it was "good". I want a third season because I think Shana deserves better. So does that mean that SnH alone is not enough material for a third season? Maybe they could do a 13-episode instead of a 24? Moreover, there are still other secondary plot details left uncovered, like Yuji's younger brother which was only just introduced into the anime story.
13 is possible, but I don't think SnH will be enough to cover 13 episodes. Also, the younger brother or sister thing, that will not play a major role in the storyline at all unless Yuji is removed from existence.
Old 2008-03-28, 08:44   Link #137
Deathscyther

It is hinted that Yuji chooses Shana (because of her blushing and smiling) in the end of the final episode, but I have my doubts. The final scene where you see Yuji's footprints ending in the snow where it gets very dark seems foreboding and combine that with what he's saying...

I smell a sarei no hebi and a third season coming.
Old 2008-03-29, 12:46   Link #138
Aquifina

In my opinion, the writers left the ending somewhat open, because J.C. Staff itself may not know what they want to do with the series. I assume some of this will depend on the commercial success of this season. And how much material we get from the novels.

I for one would be fine either way. I liked the ending of this season, and I think that can work for the anime as a whole. However, a S3 could work; some adjustments would have to be made, but I think that can work--depending on how much stuff we get in the remaining novels.

Nevertheless, if there is a S3, I really do firmly believe that the love triangle should be left as settled. A new season will have to find other ways of fleshing out the relationship between Shana and Yuji, and the introduction of a SotF Yuji would be just fine on that front. That would produce more than enough conflict. Furthermore, Hecate's continued development would have to be covered in a 3rd season.

For the novel readers, exactly what role does Hecate play in the novel story? She's actually acquired a pretty serious role in the anime, and IMO, is actually the most important of all the villains. She's certainly the one most fleshed out, even more so than Friagne.
Old 2008-03-29, 17:15   Link #139
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
13 is possible, but I don't think SnH will be enough to cover 13 episodes. Also, the younger brother or sister thing, that will not play a major role in the storyline at all unless Yuji is removed from existence.
Yup, it's not a major role, but I'd still like to see him being born, and probably more side story on Yuji and his family. Then there's his dad which we all have our suspicions on regarding his possible "other side" of the character.

Yuji's family is particularly important in developing the characters of Yuji and Shana. We've seen how Shana has matured through her learning and interaction with Yuji's mum, and how Yuji feels intimately connected to the city because of his family. This bond would be strengthened by the birth of a younger sibling, which makes Yuji an elder brother with added responsibility. It will also be tested when (or if) he becomes SnH Yuji.
Old 2008-03-29, 19:16   Link #140
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
Yup, it's not a major role, but I'd still like to see him being born, and probably more side story on Yuji and his family. Then there's his dad which we all have our suspicions on regarding his possible "other side" of the character.

Yuji's family is particularly important in developing the characters of Yuji and Shana. We've seen how Shana has matured through her learning and interaction with Yuji's mum, and how Yuji feels intimately connected to the city because of his family. This bond would be strengthened by the birth of a younger sibling, which makes Yuji an elder brother with added responsibility. It will also be tested when (or if) he becomes SnH Yuji.
You have to have a 26 episode season if you want a side story on Yuji's family. Honestly, I don't see how Sairei no Hebi would fit in a 13 episode season with the birth of Yuji's sibling. If we want to go into that, then there may as well be a new flame haze who happens to be Shana's biological sister who became a flame haze for that incident and has ever since started looking for her. Otherwise, it's just a minor detail.

(Although the thought of Shana attempting to change diapers is just giving me moe crushes right now)
Closed Thread