AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-26, 12:58   Link #121
velvet nightmare

@Deathkillz

i think the difficulty depends on your play style too

in all of my games, i never used monks, yin/yang, strategists (except urza, but usually only need her for castle seiges), and hardly ever healers , plus i never got a solid grip on cavalry either. but you might want to experiment with what works best for you

also i'm not sure how many reinforcements you got, but maria and magic are really good at hurting monks, warriors and foot soldiers if you get them to about 800+ units, and especially leila, god she rips through hp like no other with knight's guard charge
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 13:12   Link #122
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
@Deathkillz

in all of my games, i never used monks, yin/yang, strategists (except urza, but usually only need her for castle seiges), and hardly ever healers , plus i never got a solid grip on cavalry either. but you might want to experiment with what works best for you

also i'm not sure how many reinforcements you got, but maria and magic are really good at hurting monks, warriors and foot soldiers if you get them to about 800+ units, and especially leila, god she rips through hp like no other with knight's guard charge
most ying/yang master except for Omichi and Houjo Soun are useless and i don't use monks at all. As for Strategists, you really should give them a try the buffs and the buff removal could make the difference between winning and losing.
Old 2010-01-26, 13:13   Link #123
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
3rd action fan - 50SP
4th Action fan - 160SP

Rance's 4th movement point - 80SP
5th movement point - 100SP

http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Seng...action_bonuses
Whoops...fine 160

But it sure sucks that I finished the first playthrough with only 5 points XD

Quote:
@Deathkillz

Like wise, I didn't really use either monks or diviners here but finding myself with a lot of guards and warriors for pure damage. Magic is good but those demons seems to have an unusually high resistance to them. I prefer using Maria in blasting them all away with cannons.

And I just hate it with assassination attempts don't go my way

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 13:24   Link #124
Scorch

The monk you can get as a second round starting pick bonus is really great. The rest are kind of lousy, though Himiko has her uses. Hojo Sooun and Omachi are really powerful diviners - Omachi is game breaking. The rest of the diviners are not too powerful. The Takeda starting bonus will really show you the power of cavalry - they're a great melee unit and they can be used in either row.

Leila is fantastic. Uruza too. I like Maria, but she's kind of slow.

I found my first playthrough was by far the hardest one. It's pretty normal to end with 0 points and start the next round with 5 bonus points (for beating one route). Once you unlock the Takeda bonus, if you start with it, everything is vastly easier. All four generals are great, and you don't lose anything by starting with them (if you start with the One-Eyed House bonus, you lose a bunch of potential points).

I found that kill the monkey route was my favorite for point earning. 1 star at first, then 2 star later. Once you unlock the Takeda bonus, 2 star becomes fairly easy. Generic females can be cleared, so keep a bunch of them with blank last skill slots in prison. Near the end of the game, fire most of your forces and replace them with these generics, then use Rance's satisfaction bonuses to get them all cleared, learning end game points while you do that.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 13:32   Link #125
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
The monk you can get as a second round starting pick bonus is really great. The rest are kind of lousy, though Himiko has her uses. Hojo Sooun and Omachi are really powerful diviners - Omachi is game breaking. The rest of the diviners are not too powerful. The Takeda starting bonus will really show you the power of cavalry - they're a great melee unit and they can be used in either row.

Leila is fantastic. Uruza too. I like Maria, but she's kind of slow.

I found my first playthrough was by far the hardest one. It's pretty normal to end with 0 points and start the next round with 5 bonus points (for beating one route). Once you unlock the Takeda bonus, if you start with it, everything is vastly easier. All four generals are great, and you don't lose anything by starting with them (if you start with the One-Eyed House bonus, you lose a bunch of potential points).

I found that kill the monkey route was my favorite for point earning. 1 star at first, then 2 star later. Once you unlock the Takeda bonus, 2 star becomes fairly easy. Generic females can be cleared, so keep a bunch of them with blank last skill slots in prison. Near the end of the game, fire most of your forces and replace them with these generics, then use Rance's satisfaction bonuses to get them all cleared, learning end game points while you do that.
max loss pts is 16.

but the advantage is you don't have to face off Nogiku or Noir with 9999 troops.

i consider the One-Eye house bonus the best of the lot even witht he high cost of losing 16pts. As good as the takaeda generals it doesn't compare to having Omachi.
Old 2010-01-26, 13:49   Link #126
Scorch

16 points is a ton to lose if you're going for high points. I've never faced them with a 9999 army, I usually blitz them before that happens. I abuse turn removal with Yamagata Masakage, Kenshin, and Uruza when I face Omachi. Omachi gets one move at most against me. Masakage's onrush is really a fantastic ability for shutting down troublesome characters. That bonus monk with youkai ward does a ton of damage vs Nogiku etc - they can be really tough to kill sometimes with the annoying constraints on who you have to include in your force. Omachi is indeed game breaking and trivializes the early game, but 16 points really hurts. I go with the Takeda bonus and Mori bonus. Plus, it's annoying to be at war with the One-Eyed house prematurely since they have so many territories and are bordering countries I always end up going after early.
Old 2010-01-26, 16:19   Link #127
velvet nightmare

1 question i gotta ask though, is how speed works

the stat it self is only a supplement boost to the 'hidden' speed of the character's class right?

ie, i tried using ikkyu a few times at 6 speed to cast his gay reverse shit, but the fight was already over and he didnt get a chance to cast it. i do understand that fast classes like ninjas will eat up turns but wtf, is ikkyu really that slow? or is it the strategist class in general. i dont seem to have as much of a problem with urza, as her turns are used up mid fight b/c i gotta use accurate shot before the fight ends
Old 2010-01-26, 16:28   Link #128
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
1 question i gotta ask though, is how speed works

the stat it self is only a supplement boost to the 'hidden' speed of the character's class right?

ie, i tried using ikkyu a few times at 6 speed to cast his gay reverse shit, but the fight was already over and he didnt get a chance to cast it. i do understand that fast classes like ninjas will eat up turns but wtf, is ikkyu really that slow? or is it the strategist class in general. i dont seem to have as much of a problem with urza, as her turns are used up mid fight b/c i gotta use accurate shot before the fight ends
generally speaking spell casting takes a lot of time even for those with 6+ spd. the only caster with fast casting time is natori both omachi and Soun instant spells but their big spells have the same casting time as everyone else. For the rest get them up to spd8+ then you will see a difference in casting time.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-01-27 at 12:46.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 18:09   Link #129
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I did feel that it was a bit of a cop out to have the whole demon army pushed back to one corner automatically after some x turns but otherwise it would have been impossible to do that myself based on what I had at that time...I was struggling ever more afterwards as well despite that help which says a lot for the difficulty of the game.

Oh and do you only get a maximum of 3 movement fans during the first play through? I read that you should get a 4th one when rance reaches 120 satisfaction but that didn't happen (???)
It's not impossible unless you were being beaten back toward Owari. If you held your ground, you would have outlasted them.

This is compared to the Demon Army in Kenshin and Isoroku Routes were they are COMPLETELY invincible until the appropriate events trigger.

Even Demon King Route was easier than Kenshin/Isoroku DAs. I raged hard when I conquered South Africa in Isoroku.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 18:14   Link #130
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
It's not impossible unless you were being beaten back toward Owari. If you held your ground, you would have outlasted them.

This is compared to the Demon Army in Kenshin and Isoroku Routes were they are COMPLETELY invincible until the appropriate events trigger.

Even Demon King Route was easier than Kenshin/Isoroku DAs. I raged hard when I conquered South Africa in Isoroku.
they are invincible only because of the storyline. On a normal with my 223bonus i could have conqueror the entire demon army without needing kenshin to become the new emperor.
Old 2010-01-26, 20:16   Link #131
velvet nightmare

in my latest games i had issues of having too many captains, near the end all of them were named characters that had some interaction with rance

any suggestions as to who should go first? (assuming i don't have to worry about character completes) i usually let go of ranmaru first, and sometimes shibata too
Old 2010-01-26, 20:19   Link #132
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
in my latest games i had issues of having too many captains, near the end all of them were named characters that had some interaction with rance

any suggestions as to who should go first? (assuming i don't have to worry about character completes) i usually let go of ranmaru first, and sometimes shibata too
what are you planning exactly?
Old 2010-01-26, 21:21   Link #133
Scorch

Quote:

If you want to maximize your points, near endgame you should kick everyone who isn't both clearable and able to get end-game points. Then replace them with generic females who can have end-game points, then use Rance's satisfaction repeatedly to clear all of them.

If you just want to have a good army, we'd need to see your roster. If you just want to have fun, use whoever you like Shibata is a pretty good foot unit. Ranmaru is an OK warrior.
Old 2010-01-27, 13:49   Link #134
velvet nightmare

i'd say in those past games i was only ever trying for a good army. but i guess that'd be ambiguous to ask who to ditch and who to keep

but anyways, there's this girl in takeda who asks for a 2000 unit cavalry. does that lead anywhere? is it 2000, for all your units or just 1 guy?
Old 2010-01-27, 13:53   Link #135
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
i'd say in those past games i was only ever trying for a good army. but i guess that'd be ambiguous to ask who to ditch and who to keep

but anyways, there's this girl in takeda who asks for a 2000 unit cavalry. does that lead anywhere? is it 2000, for all your units or just 1 guy?
it is 3000 combine and it rance H her for +5 in SP. I didn't bother with it unless i have the 2 takaeda generals.
Old 2010-01-27, 19:15   Link #136
velvet nightmare

ah right 3000, and just wondering, how do you get the takeda family bonus at the start of games?

i remember that at least in 1 of them i got the option to search for the head guy, and then assassinate him or what not and the takeda generals disbanded etc etc, though i never saw them in battle to recap them
Old 2010-01-27, 19:23   Link #137
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
ah right 3000, and just wondering, how do you get the takeda family bonus at the start of games?

i remember that at least in 1 of them i got the option to search for the head guy, and then assassinate him or what not and the takeda generals disbanded etc etc, though i never saw them in battle to recap them
1. fight off the takeda blitz (win all 4 battles)
2. search/assassinate the armor
3. capture/hire all 4 general
4. send all 4 out to battle together at least once.

it is the most difficult bonus to unlock. i used the normal mode/monkey route to unlock it. i just waited till the get hire by someone else.
Old 2010-01-27, 21:15   Link #138
velvet nightmare

ah i see, that's probably where i failed lol, i dont have that much patience to get all the goodies

edit: i was also wondering how you get the emperor ring outside of kenshin route, so i've attacked ashikaga early, and right before the last castle is about to fall he meets the trader guy, and rejects his offer. is the ring still obtainable? i just have to recruit the fish dude and talk to him right? or do i need some sort of interaction with akihime before i can get the ring

Last edited by velvet nightmare; 2010-01-27 at 21:54.
Old 2010-01-27, 21:56   Link #139
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
ah i see, that's probably where i failed lol, i dont have that much patience to get all the goodies

edit: i was also wondering how you get the emperor ring outside of kenshin route, so i've attacked ashikaga early, and right before the last castle is about to fall he meets the trader guy, and rejects his offer. is the ring still obtainable? i just have to recruit the fish dude and talk to him right? or do i need some sort of interaction with akihime before i can get the ring
haven't try it anywhere else but if you are on the true route, once you smash the 5th gourd, hire the fish and there will be a purple event to get the ring from him. just remember to fire him afterward as he is useless.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2013-11-02 at 13:15.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 23:57   Link #140
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Pretty much all of the non-Footsoldiers should be kicked out.

Also, while Takeda generals are generally better than other Cavalry units, the real benefit to getting their bonus is to not have to fight against them. Takeda unit counts are nerfed in your roster (Baba usually has 3000 troops when you capture him, he starts with 400 or 440 when you bonus him) and the special abilities of the captains are not that great. Commander Charge is useless in five star, and while Onrush has its merits it is inferior to both Rearend Smash and especially Pursuit Attack.

The other big bonus is being able to level Baba Shouen earlier for dungeons, as he's a prime dungeon killer.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote