AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-09, 06:09   Link #301
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

I just had a thought...has anyone considered that maybe Zen was the Apollon in (Skies of Aquaria movie? I mean aside from his scar being in a different spot than Apollon's scar he has the same colour eyes and if his hair was a bit longer they would look alike...his hair colour is different but could that be because he aged? Also if I recall Gen (his Sousei no Aquarion life) had no eye patch but in his current form he has one? Anyone got a theory on how this happened? Anyways I'm still all for Kagura and Amata being the same but split into two. Possibly Kagura is the part that doesn't want to forget (move on) and Amata is the resolved part. Because it seems to me that Zen is not too worried about Kagura and Amata meeting ( and like someone in this forum said before, Alicia could have figured out what Mykage was up to but it was too late and Mykage took Kagura away to Altair and thus why Alicia went to Altair and left Amata behind to try and get back Kagura)...but then again that theory has too many pot holes (most important is the time frame)...Mikono could be wanting to apologise to Kagura due to the fact he resembles Apollo and that she realized subconsciously that he is still bound by his past and still wants to keep the promise from 12,000years ago but since that time she has found resolve and has ultimately reincarnated several times always waiting but never being able to find Apollo...SPOILER but she never apologised to Kagura in ep 15 when she had plenty of time to do it o.O...And that's why she get's along with Amata because he doesn't awaken the string of emotions aka sadness, fear, confusion that Kagura awakens in her...she also most likely does not want to lose Apollo again...
Old 2012-04-09, 09:14   Link #302
Vena
Carpe Diem

Mayumi put this in the episode thread but I think it belongs here...

Spoiler for Spoilers for future episodes:

Where's my facepalm? Mikono continues to make me want to use it.
Old 2012-04-09, 09:33   Link #303
pingva

For more spoilers for future episodes:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-09, 10:01   Link #304
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post

Where's my facepalm? Mikono continues to make me want to use it.
Are you able to translate this? LOL facepalm Mikono eh...poor Mikono
Old 2012-04-09, 10:29   Link #305
miketyson

Vena:
Spoiler for facepalm? facepalm!:
Old 2012-04-09, 11:58   Link #306
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Vena:
Spoiler for facepalm? facepalm!:

I don't know what the spoiler is about, but what you wrote actually fits with the clumsy and "off" way Mikono has been trying to comfort Amata so far.
Like when she tried to comfort him about being useless by telling him they could become the useless pair. Or the stuff she told him when he opened up about his mom abandoning him.

In a way it's cute , her trying to comfort him but doing it in an extremelly clumsy way that reflect Mikono's personnality and flaws.

But it's not the most efficient way to comfort the poor dude !! Mikono.
Old 2012-04-09, 18:42   Link #307
Arya

For the who cares moment, since I remembered as Jin and Yunoha were pictured in ep 14 as Lyra and Aquila (eagle) constellations I dug a bit about that and I found that
Quote:
In the Chinese love story of Qi Xi, Niu Lang (Altair) and his two children (β and γ Aquilae) are separated forever from their wife and mother Zhi Nu (Vega) who is on the far side of the river, the Milky Way.
wiki:Qixi
Or japanese version
Quote:
It celebrates the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi (represented by the stars Vega and Altair respectively). According to legend, the Milky Way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar
wiki:Tanabata
But what I was really looking for in the first plase was something related to the Lupus (wolf) constellation and that what I found is that
Quote:
In ancient times, the constellation was considered an asterism within Centaurus, and was considered to have been an arbitrary animal, killed, or about to be killed, on behalf of, or for, Centaurus. It was not separated from Centaurus until Hipparchus of Bithynia named it Therion (meaning beast) in the 200s BCE. No particular animal was associated with it until the Latin translation of Ptolemy's work identified it with the wolf.
If we dig a bit further about Centaurus we discover that
Quote:
Centaurus contains the Alpha Centauri system, a triple star system consisting of a bright binary star to which the much fainter red dwarf Proxima Centauri is gravitationally bound; Proxima is the nearest known star to the Sun.
Surely they enjoyed themselves making references.
/who cares moment off.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-09, 22:55   Link #308
Mangaka-chan

Quote:

Darn, two people have beaten me to posting this (that's what happens when I'm stuck at work all day).

I have the translation (from Chinese though :x); if no one translates this before tomorrow I'll see if I can translate the Chinese translations into English.

EDIT: since no one's translated these yet, here's what I got from the Chinese translation I saw on a different forum. Please realize this is a rough translation done at 1am in the morning, from a second language no less, so things are not going to be 100% accurate to the Japanese original text.

Spoiler for rough translation:

Last edited by Mangaka-chan; 2012-04-10 at 03:21.
Old 2012-04-10, 03:53   Link #309
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

SPOILERS:

So I ended up watching the sub that was released just now...from what I could tell, if Mikono is really Sylvie then she was supposed to be reborn on Altair? So Kagura keeps abusing Mikono because she wasn't reborn on the same planet. But assuming that Vega is actually Atlantia and Altair is Earth o.O...His speaking in reverse is really confusing, so my guess is when he told her he only lies to her, he's actually telling the truth (when he speaks in reverse aka I want to kill you actually means I love you) and when he speaks normally (aka the whole Apollon and Sylvie story he's actually lying). So his reverse dialogue is the truth and his normal dialogue is the lie??...again WTH

But I guess I was right about the purple flower Mykage was holding and the butterflies...rebirth of the forbidden love...Oh and I guess from the subs that Kagura didn't mean any forceful possessiveness or abuse in regards to the next episode dialogue...I mean he did say the last bit "resistance will only hurt" to me sounded non-aggressive...
Old 2012-04-10, 05:28   Link #310
mayumi

i am not sure why mikage says let forbidden love be reborn after 12000 years. apollo and silvia were not forbidden lovers unless he wants to repeat apollonius-celiane-ova scorpius love story. gawd i hope not
Old 2012-04-10, 05:35   Link #311
mayumi

^ i think it said in the japanese one that amata, zessica are important just as much as kagura-mikono to mikage's plan which we can see from the recent episode
Old 2012-04-10, 06:13   Link #312
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
i am not sure why mikage says let forbidden love be reborn after 12000 years. apollo and silvia were not forbidden lovers unless he wants to repeat apollonius-celiane-ova scorpius love story. gawd i hope not
Even better, he said loves. I don't even dare to try and predict what he meant...
Old 2012-04-10, 06:23   Link #313
mayumi

I think I got what is happening here. It is rather ironic. So you remember apollonius was first with his gay lover thoma? Then apollonius fell in love with celiane, so this is story repeating itself in rather ironic way with apollon getting a taste of what thoma might have felt when silvie falls in love with some one else.

Thoma(past lover)-apollonius-celiane-scorpius(third element)
Apollon-silvie-amata(new lover)-zessica

So in this series mikono dies with former lover promises to meet amata 12000 years later? On the bright side since I am zess fan, silvie turns into stalker next time 12000 years later while amata falls in love with someone else.

So was created story from 24000 years ago.
Old 2012-04-10, 06:23   Link #314
Zuul

Quote:
PASH追加バレ

・アマタ、ミコノ、ゼシカの関係は16話が見どころ。16話以降、ゼシカの女
心はけっこう揺れ動く
・今後はミコノを挟んだアマタとカグラの攻防戦がポイント
・ミカゲの野望にアマタ、カグラ、ミコノ、ゼシカが関わっている
・ミカゲは前作の誰かとつながりのある人物
・1万2千年前にあったある出来事が、ミカゲの行動の鍵
Quote:
Mikono, Kagura, Amata and Zessica are important to Mykage's plans
relationship among Zesssica, Mikono and Amata would touched in the 16ep, it basically Zessica's episode
the key action happened in Altair 12 000 years ago
Mykage is related to someone from the previous show
Quote:
NT confirms that Apollo is Kagura and Amata is Wings of the Sun

NT

「アマタ・ソラ
 自身をしばる過去や執念を捨て、新たな強さを得た。
 「太陽の翼」の生まれ変わりといわれ、
 カグラにも因縁のようなものを感じている」
Quote:
シルヴィアの転生者に関してはもうひとひねりある
expect a twist on who is Silvia
source

I hope it's the right translation and not a troll.
Feel free to complain if it's bollocks.

Zessica being important and having an episode for herself. I really hope it's true.

So who is Sylvia. Shushu, Alicia, Zessica. Some more split, maybe ?

For the time being I'm going with the Mikono/Zessica split. Because I have no other way to explain why Kagura/Appollon is obssessed with Mikono's scent. Plus we have the reverse color pattern and the fact they seem to have both some of Sylvia former abilities. KaguraxMikonoxZessicaxChouchou OT4 XD

Zessica being the one and only Sylvie also seems possible.

But I wouldn't bet on Alicia.

As for Chouchou : ultimate troll here.

I'm open to Alicia/Zessica being the real Sylvie, but please not Shushu. XD

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-04-10 at 06:55.
Old 2012-04-10, 08:17   Link #315
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

some NTR action perhaps?
Old 2012-04-10, 09:23   Link #316
Vena
Carpe Diem

I'm going to be really confused as to how Zessica can be Sylvia at this point considering that Kagura was two inches from her and had no reaction at all. Heck, I'd be confused as to how Kagura-Mikono aren't who they seem to be at this point. Unless both Kagura and Mikono are total fake-outs...

To many fake-outs.

Let's keep it simple:
Amata = Wings
Mikono = Sylvie
Kagura = Apollon
Zessica = Tree

Two people are inanimate objects reborn, and the other two are the past legends + a head-pet.

...the Aquarion fertilizing the tree of life symbolism, now that was just odd. Someone getting knocked up in this show or something?
Old 2012-04-10, 09:30   Link #317
Zuul

Quote:
I'm going to be really confused as to how Zessica can be Sylvia at this point considering that Kagura was two inches from her and had no reaction at all. Heck, I'd be confused as to how Kagura-Mikono aren't who they seem to be at this point. Unless both Kagura and Mikono are total fake-outs...

To many fake-outs.

Let's keep it simple:
Amata = Wings
Mikono = Sylvie
Kagura = Apollon
Zessica = Tree

Two people are inanimate objects reborn, and the other two are the past legends + a head-pet.

...the Aquarion fertilizing the tree of life symbolism, now that was just odd. Someone getting knocked up in this show or something?
Just posting spoilers (fake or not).

Zessica being the tree of life actually fits all those flowers in the OP, making her the true Eve.

Still hope it isn't her. Zessica with 15+ children.
Old 2012-04-10, 09:48   Link #318
miketyson

Vena: conversely, imho they keep laying the groundwork for Zessica to be Sylvie. In particular, each time she's had a "close encounter" with Kagura there's been a little extra *something* going on, it's just not that blatant. I'm just going to guess we're getting trolled every which way and not sweat the details too much any more (...and yes, I know I've said that before).

But I do think the "inherit a legend" and "true name" stuff from episode 1 are going to be the right trees to bark up, even if it's not clear how exactly that fits into what we've seen since then.

Some comments on those spoilers:
Spoiler for Spoilers:

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-04-10 at 09:51. Reason: fixed spoiler tag
Old 2012-04-10, 10:05   Link #319
Zuul

I'm one to not like the concept of shitting over a 24000 years old love for the sake of going against destiny.

So if they want to stick to the AmataxMikono pure love thingy they'd better have the decency to not have her as the real Sylvie at least.
Old 2012-04-10, 10:12   Link #320
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Vena: conversely, imho they keep laying the groundwork for Zessica to be Sylvie. In particular, each time she's had a "close encounter" with Kagura there's been a little extra *something* going on, it's just not that blatant. I'm just going to guess we're getting trolled every which way and not sweat the details too much any more (...and yes, I know I've said that before).
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Remember, there was no reaction to Zessi in episode one while there was for Mikono. The only episode that's had any of this *something* was in episode six during the chase but, as we now know, Kagura doesn't know what he's following except vaguely until he's right on top of it. This episode is the first time she meets the guy that's appeared in two visions out of the blue and observes that he has a peculiarity in his eyes.

Two events in fifteen episodes does not count as hinting to me. It's a fairly weak application of Chekov's Gun if that's what they are going for...

I'd find it far more believable for Shu-Shu to turn out to be Sylvia at this point than Zessica as he (it?) has a lot more of the above Chekov's Gunning. Not to mention that I have no idea how they'd explain away the fact that both Kagura and Mikono saw the same blacked-out vision (Kagura in 11 and Mikono in 15) which I'd say goes a lot farther than *reflections* in the mirror for Zessica. Nor am I sure how the hell they'd swing Fudo's familiarity with Mikono... and utter lack of interest in Zessica.

I find it far more sensible for Zessi to turn out to be the Eve as has been (or at least was strongly) hinted since Jin's snooping around. What better to be Eve than the Tree of Life. (In this same vein, there's really been nothing in Mikono's favor for her to be the eve.)

Quote:
Some comments on those spoilers:
Spoiler for Spoilers:
The translations and your additions are in and of themselves an issue of interpretation but I would say that the ones Zuul quoted were a little... more elaborate and definitive than the source actually implied/meant. Also, though, the line about Sylvie is being taken a bit to literally imo... I wouldn't so much say to be ready for an earth shattering twist but that there's a devil in the details.