AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-06, 22:15   Link #601
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My bet is that Ashirogi Muto is the third-place manga. I don't think Eiji cares enough about either Aoki or Nakai's feelings to spare them, first of all, so if they were third I think he'd blurt it out. And Masahiro's reaction tells me he thinks the story just isn't good enough yet. I have no idea if we'll ever find out what Eiji thought, but that's my guess.

I must confess that Eiji has become my favorite character in the series. I wish we saw a little more of him, but clearly he's not a central player in the Golden Futures storyline. Eiji not only makes me laugh, but he surprises me constantly and he's already exceeded my initial expectations for the character.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 22:41   Link #602
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My bet is that Ashirogi Muto is the third-place manga. I don't think Eiji cares enough about either Aoki or Nakai's feelings to spare them, first of all, so if they were third I think he'd blurt it out. And Masahiro's reaction tells me he thinks the story just isn't good enough yet. I have no idea if we'll ever find out what Eiji thought, but that's my guess.

I must confess that Eiji has become my favorite character in the series. I wish we saw a little more of him, but clearly he's not a central player in the Golden Futures storyline. Eiji not only makes me laugh, but he surprises me constantly and he's already exceeded my initial expectations for the character.
I don't know about Ashirogi Muto being the 3rd place. I mean if Nakai and Aoki was 3rd place, and Eiji telling them that they were 3rd place wouldn't that make them feel bad? Nakai is Eiji's assistant and he won't gain anything if he told them that they are 3rd place. The old Eiji wouldn't care about anyone's feelings which he showed in previous episodes saying if he got serialized he can cancel any manga he didn't like. The new Eiji respects Ashirogi Muto and somewhat of Fudaka because they helped him on chapter 5 of the crow. Now Nakai also helped on the backgrounds so making him feel down wouldn't that affect Nakai's drawings on background for the crow. Eiji is neutral and telling whoever is 3rd place would not benefit anyone. In fact I think if Eiji said that Ashirogi Muto was 3rd place it will motivate Mashiro to redo the name because he wants to get serialized and winning the cup would give him a chance. Therefore by not saying who is 3rd place might actually be Nakai and Aoki's fantasy manga
Old 2011-03-09, 21:47   Link #603
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Page 21. Literature and Music

I do recall from the manga that singer Koogy entered "Colorfusical" for the Golden Future Cup, though I cannot recall well if the Fukuda Group actually organized a protest to Shueisha, regarding Koogy's announcment on live-TV.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 01:03   Link #604
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well took Mashiro a bit of time to figure out what I was saying a week ago. It doesn't matter where the votes end up if it's not a good manga. If Koogy wins he's probably going to be taken less seriously when it comes to serialization. Besides if he's only taking a break from music have to wonder if it's a good idea to serialize him at all since he's going to drop the series sooner or later to go back to his major profession.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post

Yeah I'm not so sure about that. I think he would feel bad if he thought Fukuda's was third. Plus think he's just the type that would react this way no matter who he thought was the third ranked. Of course we're probably never going to find out so it doesn't really matter who was third. Plus it really doesn't matter since it seems like all of them didn't like that there wasn't a clear winner.

Definitely agree that Eiji has surpassed my expectations of his character. Didn't think much with the first looks at him, but he's turned out to be a good guy.
Old 2011-03-13, 03:20   Link #605
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Why are there no subs for Bakuman yet?
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 10:58   Link #606
Xagzan

Well did the episode even air after all that's happened? If not it could be a while.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 11:10   Link #607
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
Why are there no subs for Bakuman yet?
Gosh, I think they had more important things to do than air anime this weekend.
Old 2011-03-13, 13:29   Link #608
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yoshida-shi is voiced by Koyasu! Awesome. Too bad we won't hear him much more this season.
Indeed, though now knowing he'll be voiced by Koyasu means i can't wait for the second season.
Old 2011-03-13, 13:53   Link #609
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
Gosh, I think they had more important things to do than air anime this weekend.
Those earthquakes and tsunamis actually affect anime?
Old 2011-03-13, 14:26   Link #610
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Um, let's see....emergency broadcasts, news keeping people constantly informed about situations, locations of emergency stations, food, shelter. 10,000+ people are dead and you're concerned about why Bakuman wasn't subbed or broadcast...how low the anime "fandumb" has sunk.
Old 2011-03-14, 20:53   Link #611
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Page 22. Unity and Breakdown

The deadline for the Golden Future Cup approaches, as well as the end for this show's season.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 02:02   Link #612
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Um, let's see....emergency broadcasts, news keeping people constantly informed about situations, locations of emergency stations, food, shelter. 10,000+ people are dead and you're concerned about why Bakuman wasn't subbed or broadcast...how low the anime "fandumb" has sunk.
I didnt meant to be rude or shallow, just wondering.

Anyways, hopefully Episode 23 will be airing this Saturday.
Old 2011-03-15, 12:02   Link #613
Vicious108

Quote:
So not being well informed = being dumb now?

I'm sure most of us here would rather this hadn't happened to Japan but acting like it's wrong to be concerned about its anime, the only part of it that most of us directly partake in, is just silly. The guy was just honestly wondering how the real life events could affect his weekly television show. What, would it only have been okay if he had pretended to be in utter despair due to the earthquakes and tsunamis on the other side of the world beforehand? Puh-lease.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 12:36   Link #614
Stefkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post

I'm sure most of us here would rather this hadn't happened to Japan but acting like it's wrong to be concerned about its anime, the only part of it that most of us directly partake in, is just silly. The guy was just honestly wondering how the real life events could affect his weekly television show. What, would it only have been okay if he had pretended to be in utter despair due to the earthquakes and tsunamis on the other side of the world beforehand? Puh-lease.
Considering what he was replying to I think his was a valid answer.
If you have any interest in anime surely you have an interest in the country itself. Worrying about anime is worrying about the country, anime isn't made from nothing by nobody. People who make the anime we love might have died, even if those directly involved didn't their relatives or friends might have.
It's been on the news all weekend, even if you don't know the ins and outs of everything that has happened you should at least know a massive earthquake and tsunami hit.
And asking this
Quote:
I like to be nice but I'm sorry, that is a stupid question. Surely everyone knows what earthquakes and tsunamis are and what they can do.
At the top of Japan's list of things to do is help survivors and get back on their feet after the worst earthquake they've ever experienced. Sure it didn't directly hit Tokyo but the city is still in a mess and things have been disrupted, I doubt airing anime on TV sets that will likely be off because of blackouts/lac of power is one of their priorities.

No you don't have to be in despair because of what happened but you do have to have some common sense.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 17:02   Link #615
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:

What Stefkov said will suffice for my answer to this?
Old 2011-03-16, 06:45   Link #616
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Smile

Quote:

Thanks for the support, Endless Twilight .
Old 2011-03-19, 20:52   Link #617
larethian

Spoiler for 23:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 08:00   Link #618
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler for 23:
Spoiler for 23:
Old 2011-03-20, 08:05   Link #619
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler for 23:
Spoiler for Episode 23:
Old 2011-03-20, 17:33   Link #620
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Spoiler for 23:
he does kinda sound like him. I think this character might become a manga writer and compete in the future.

So in episode 23 everyone redid the name not just Mashiro. All the results appear the same but it looks like Nakai's actual results dropped. Koogy smiled at the end so it seems he thinks he has a good chance of winning also. It was revealed that Eiji was talking about Mashiro and Fudoka's manga being the tie and Nakai's being the 3rd place. Either that or the 3rd place that Eiji mentioned did a lot better and one of the tied in 1st place did a better and one of the other 1st place improve alittle which is unlikely.

Anyone notice the girl in the Trap Saori, kinda looks like Azuki?

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen