AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-22, 01:42   Link #1181
Jintor

Doublepost, but I feel kinda justified. I've finished editing Chapters 1 and 2 of the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. Comments and criticism, please.

http://lumbargo.googlepages.com/them...suzumiyaharuhi

and

http://lumbargo.googlepages.com/chapter2

I also edited the Baka-Tsuki pages, on the basis that it's a wiki. If you hate it, just revert it, it's that simple. >__<

Kyon's mode of dialogue is really fun to write, but he's also extremely wordy. Keeping up with all the references is annoying, and this is really sucking up a lot of time. But it's time I can spare.
Old 2008-01-22, 11:11   Link #1182
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Doublepost, but I feel kinda justified. I've finished editing Chapters 1 and 2 of the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. Comments and criticism, please.

and

I also edited the Baka-Tsuki pages, on the basis that it's a wiki. If you hate it, just revert it, it's that simple. >__<

Kyon's mode of dialogue is really fun to write, but he's also extremely wordy. Keeping up with all the references is annoying, and this is really sucking up a lot of time. But it's time I can spare.
As long as you don't change the standardized names of anything or remove the "-san" after "Asahina-san" (MY hard work) I don't care.

That "1999" thing still bothers me, but so does ANY translation of that line.

Also, learn to use a spellchecker if you're going to edit the rest of the novel.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2008-01-22 at 11:20. Reason: Eh.
Old 2008-01-22, 18:26   Link #1183
Louie Louie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post

and

You're doing a good job dude.... keep it up... hehe...
Old 2008-01-22, 19:10   Link #1184
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
As long as you don't change the standardized names of anything or remove the "-san" after "Asahina-san" (MY hard work) I don't care.

That "1999" thing still bothers me, but so does ANY translation of that line.

Also, learn to use a spellchecker if you're going to edit the rest of the novel.
Don't worry, Asahina by itself is very lonely.

If the use of honourifics in the Baka-Tsuki translation are correct then nothing should change.
Old 2010-01-30, 06:01   Link #1185
Swiftflyte
I AM ...me

You guys are doing a great job, even if you just gave up now a lot of people would be grateful.....disregarding the previous statement PLEASE DON'T STOP T_T
Old 2010-01-30, 07:58   Link #1186
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftflyte View Post
You guys are doing a great job, even if you just gave up now a lot of people would be grateful.....disregarding the previous statement PLEASE DON'T STOP T_T
Yes, because it's such a good idea for them to risk copyright infringement (and the accompanying fines) in contravention of their own stated intention to stop the project if and when they got C&Ded, even though they've already had all the current novels translated for over two years, just so you can...well, I don't know why you want them to keep the project going, since they haven't added anything in forever, all the previous work is all available with a simple Google search, and God only knows when Volume 10 will come out...

Someone else will translate 10 when it comes out. It's just like when a fansub group quits. Sit tight.

And wow...necropost much? What is that, 2 years and 8 days?
Old 2010-01-30, 12:13   Link #1187
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Yes, because it's such a good idea for them to risk copyright infringement (and the accompanying fines) in contravention of their own stated intention to stop the project if and when they got C&Ded, even though they've already had all the current novels translated for over two years, just so you can...well, I don't know why you want them to keep the project going, since they haven't added anything in forever, all the previous work is all available with a simple Google search, and God only knows when Volume 10 will come out...

Someone else will translate 10 when it comes out. It's just like when a fansub group quits. Sit tight.

And wow...necropost much? What is that, 2 years and 8 days?
Still feels like 2009 actually.

But, yeah, B-T was just one translator group. There will be others, and novel ten will be translated when it eventually(?) comes out.
Old 2010-01-31, 11:17   Link #1188
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Unhappy

Does the translation at baka-tsuki has been removed? If so, does anyone has the copy? my external HD fried and I want to read it but then it has been removed
Old 2010-01-31, 12:09   Link #1189
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Sure, here are the first two volumes. Enjoy.
Old 2010-01-31, 20:37   Link #1190
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
When is Novel 3 coming out in America?
Old 2010-01-31, 20:39   Link #1191
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
When is Novel 3 coming out in America?
According to Amazon and other book merchants, it shall be out around July 1st, 2010. As Sigh was seen before the release date, there is a slight chance it'll be out near the end of June, but that is the official date of release.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-01-31, 22:29   Link #1192
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
According to Amazon and other book merchants, it shall be out around July 1st, 2010. As Sigh was seen before the release date, there is a slight chance it'll be out near the end of June, but that is the official date of release.
I'd say it's a real good chance. Both of the previous volumes have been readily available a week or two before official release.
Old 2010-02-01, 16:29   Link #1193
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I'd say it's a real good chance. Both of the previous volumes have been readily available a week or two before official release.
That's how it usually is for any book not named Harry Potter or Twilight.
Old 2010-02-01, 18:54   Link #1194
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
That's how it usually is for any book not named Harry Potter or Twilight.
And then there's the Moribito books, which you're lucky to find a month after release.
Old 2010-02-25, 01:06   Link #1195
User89254
Disabled By Request

Now that the light novel part will be released in a few months, who's translating it now?
Old 2010-02-25, 12:46   Link #1196
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
Now that the light novel part will be released in a few months, who's translating it now?
Since the series is licensed in the US, nobody can answer that for you on this forum.

Won't be difficult to figure out once someone does start translating it, of course. ^_^