AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-03-16, 16:02   Link #4761
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
49ers have emerged as candidate in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Apparently he had a workout with Harbaugh and company Tuesday.

Peyton Manning and Randy Moss? Oh hell yeah make this happen.
I can't see Manning heading to the 49ers, well Alex Smith may not be a Peyton Manning, Smith is coming off of his best season so far and Harbaugh has always been very supporting and for Alex.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 18:55   Link #4762
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I can't see Manning heading to the 49ers, well Alex Smith may not be a Peyton Manning, Smith is coming off of his best season so far and Harbaugh has always been very supporting and for Alex.
Alex hasn't signed his deal though. So the 49ers can't just wait around.

And although Harbaugh has been supportive of Alex, business is business. 49ers need to start looking at other options of Alex isn't going to sign his deal that is on the table from the 49ers.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 23:17   Link #4763
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Manning told Miami he will no longer consider them a team he would play for.

Miami are one step away from their third strike. Flynn is their only option left, but I seriously doubt they'll get him. Flynn spent extra time meeting Seattle and we all know how much extra time made Mario Williams decide to go to Buffalo without even meeting the rest. Seattle offer legit playoff spots, a young roster. Miami lost their best receiver. It's hard to go against Seattle in that logic. And considering Cleveland look the most likely to get Tannehill since Indy will get Luck and Washington getting RG3, the Dolphins look even more out of water in a town where the Heat and Marlins are starstruck.

Arizona have also confirmed themselves out of the running.

And I did say about a week ago the 49ers would have a shot at Manning. They're also speaking to Brandon Lloyd and Mario Manningham regarding WRs in case Manning doesn't happen. I did recall the 49ers had considerable cap space this pre-season, but after Rodgers, wondering if they have enough left to get Manning.

So we're down to three. Broncos, Titans, 49ers. 49ers are easily the most playoff-suited team. Titans in a state that loves Peyton. Broncos have improved big time lately.

Myers re-sigmed with Houston. Arian Foster will be rapt.
Old 2012-03-16, 23:28   Link #4764
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

And I did say about a week ago the 49ers would have a shot at Manning. They're also speaking to Brandon Lloyd and Mario Manningham regarding WRs in case Manning doesn't happen. I did recall the 49ers had considerable cap space this pre-season, but after Rodgers, wondering if they have enough left to get Manning.
This was talked about today in a few local media outlets. It won't be a problem to sign Manning or offer him the contract he wants if Manning decides he wants to come here.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-16, 23:54   Link #4765
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Miami is probably going to reach for Ryan Tannehill if this keeps up.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 00:08   Link #4766
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Manning said Monday-Tuesday US time is when he will make his decision. He's done a workout with the Broncos and 49ers, Titans one scheduled. Once Manning makes his mind up, Flynn and the like will probably make theirs.

Well, where Tannehill goes really depends on what Cleveland do. Do they go for Richardson now that they let Peyton Hillis go, or do they go for Tannehill and not bank on McCoy? Cleveland get to choose well before Miami do and I don't care what some of those bizarre mock drafts say. Cleveland are getting some offense in the early draft and I'm sure Miami will too.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-03-17 at 00:40.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 03:08   Link #4767
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:

And although Harbaugh has been supportive of Alex, business is business. 49ers need to start looking at other options of Alex isn't going to sign his deal that is on the table from the 49ers.
Look at that Namekian backpeddle boys...That's pro-technique!

Now it's all good to get Manning.? duh...

If his workouts are of the level San Fran is satisfied with, it's just a waste of breath we could be giving sick kittens to discuss whether or not Allhax Smith even has an argument...Business is business before Smith gets a rotator-cuff rub down in the morning...What are we talking about?

The Nerd will pass to the "Thug" (Moss) for the touchdown?!? ^o^ w00T! Right?
Old 2012-03-17, 08:19   Link #4768
GDB

Quote:

If only they had drafted a quarterback in the 2nd round recently...

Quote:
Well, where Tannehill goes really depends on what Cleveland do. Do they go for Richardson now that they let Peyton Hillis go, or do they go for Tannehill and not bank on McCoy? Cleveland get to choose well before Miami do and I don't care what some of those bizarre mock drafts say. Cleveland are getting some offense in the early draft and I'm sure Miami will too.
I really don't see Richardson going in the first two-thirds of the 1st round, if even in the first round. Just look at Ingram last year. Heisman winner, barely squeaks into the first round despite people thinking he'd go high. Why mocks continue to put RBs in the first round, I don't know, let alone putting them so high.

The only way I see Cleveland not taking Blackmon at 4th overall is if the Vikings take him, but they desperately need Kalil to keep their QB from getting mauled.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 12:57   Link #4769
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Look at that Namekian backpeddle boys...That's pro-technique!

Now it's all good to get Manning.? duh...

If his workouts are of the level San Fran is satisfied with, it's just a waste of breath we could be giving sick kittens to discuss whether or not Allhax Smith even has an argument...Business is business before Smith gets a rotator-cuff rub down in the morning...What are we talking about?

The Nerd will pass to the "Thug" (Moss) for the touchdown?!? ^o^ w00T! Right?
Namekian backpeddle? God that is a terrible joke. At least make the terms within in the joke connect and have relevance. Not your best work.

What would I even be backpeddling about? Alex not signing his deal means I don't support him as a player anymore? That's awful logic on your part.

Peyton Manning would be an upgrade. Since the 49ers are interested, it would be great if he signs with the ball club. Obviously. If he doesn't, having Alex back wouldn't be that bad as the fallback plan. It's up to Manning though now. Hopefully he decides that he wants to go to a Super Bowl contender. We're obviously the most ready team to get there compared to Denver and Tennessee.

And yes Manning to Moss would be electrifying.

By the way, how is the Saints quarterback situation coming along? How stupid is it that your franchise is dumb enough not to just give Drew Brees his money and get a long term deal working out? You better get on your knees and pray that Mickey Loomis gets his head on straight and/or Brees has a change of heart. He won't play on a 1 year deal though. Chase Daniel isn't going to win you games. Only New Orleans can screw something like this up. And when Peyton Manning signs his deal, he's going to have even more leverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If only they had drafted a quarterback in the 2nd round recently...
Kaepernick? He still looks raw to me. He didn't look that good in the preseason even for a rookie, but it's not that surprising I guess considering the circumstances (didn't come from a pro style offense and the lockout reduced training camp to like two weeks).

I remember the 49ers wanted Andy Dalton, but Cincinnati snatched him right before we picked him up. So we went with Kaepernick. Hopefully Harbaugh and Baalke didn't get desperate and just grab a quarterback at that time and really had him high up on their board. Not really a fan of Kaepernick's delivery. The velocity on his passes at first glance doesn't seem that impressive and he looks like he's going for the big windup throw whenever he makes a pass.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-17, 18:21   Link #4770
GDB

I dunno if it's still fair to just Kaepernick based on pre-season performance. That was almost a year ago. If we go by that, then Alex Smith definitely shouldn't be starting.
Old 2012-03-17, 21:08   Link #4771
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Give us back Haruki!

Well, at least I won't confuse him with Haloti Ngata anymore. Still, sadness.
I liked Haruki, but he's definitely replaceable, along with Zibby.
Old 2012-03-17, 21:18   Link #4772
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
I dunno if it's still fair to just Kaepernick based on pre-season performance. That was almost a year ago. If we go by that, then Alex Smith definitely shouldn't be starting.
I'm talking about his mechanics. They look odd.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-18, 01:37   Link #4773
Samari
World's Greatest

49ers sign Mario Manningham. Good pick up.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-18, 02:27   Link #4774
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
49ers sign Mario Manningham. Good pick up.
It is. His hands may not be the most reliable, but the Superbowl showed he can make the big plays. He'd make a decent #2 WR.

Patriots got Brandon Lloyd. Looks like the WR core has been accounted for in the greater part. Manning and Flynn are pretty much it for the pick of what's left unless I missed someone I shouldn't have.
Old 2012-03-18, 03:10   Link #4775
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
It is. His hands may not be the most reliable, but the Superbowl showed he can make the big plays. He'd make a decent #2 WR.

Patriots got Brandon Lloyd. Looks like the WR core has been accounted for in the greater part. Manning and Flynn are pretty much it for the pick of what's left unless I missed someone I shouldn't have.
Manningham would have been our number one receiver last season and he was the Giants third. That hurt. Moss and Manningham can potentially make a good duo. And you know they'll get a boatload of stats if Peyton Manning signs.

I don't think there is anyone else notable after Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn. Well I guess the third is potentially Alex Smith. Technically he is a free agent. After that only guy I can think of is David Garrard and he didn't even play last season.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-18, 06:25   Link #4776
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I personally think it's between the 49ers and the Titans. Broncos didn't make any additions at WR or the OL to convince Peyton he has the best weapons and protection to offer. The other two have.
Old 2012-03-18, 16:46   Link #4777
Samari
World's Greatest

Matt Flynn signs with the Seahawks. Three year deal for about $26 million with $10 million guaranteed.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-18, 16:48   Link #4778
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

That's a pretty good deal for the Seahawks. They only committed for three years so if Flynn proves to be a wash, they aren't stuck with him for 7 years.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 20:27   Link #4779
GDB

Yep, and if he turns out to be a stud, Miami once again will have displayed their incompetence.
Old 2012-03-19, 11:02   Link #4780
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And the Dolphins get their third strike. They can't sign anyone significant and they lose their equal best offensive weapon. Hilarious.

Tags
american football, sports