AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-12-14, 13:39   Link #1
Sergejack

Send a message via MSN to Sergejack
Post International Joint Project (MnH)

WAF is doing softsub rlz of Midori No Hibi and rlz in order to support multi language.

We are now more precisely looking for spanish subs.
So if you'r in a spanish team wich subs it, an you are interested in multi language support, contact me with an email or a pm.

We already support French, Italian and Russian, and are still open for other expansion. (Dutch, German, Greek, Arabic ...)

EDIT : I'm not hiring people XD , I just manage to get the differents scripts together and make those fit in the release.
Sergejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 13:45   Link #2
hooliganj
Team Player

Wow, I was thinking of something totally different when I saw that thread title.

"International Joint" - Sounds like a beatnik book title.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 07:13   Link #3
subcool
Arienai Co-Founder

Send a message via ICQ to subcool Send a message via AIM to subcool
Title: Midori no Hibi
License Holder: Media Blasters
Announced at: Anime Expo 2004
Announced on: 07/02/2004
Release on: 03/29/2005
subcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 11:22   Link #4
Sergejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by subcool
It has been licensied far before in Japan so guess what : I'm not planing to distribuate it in Japan or... what was it already, oh yes, USA.
And if it's licensied in Koweit, I won't distribuate it there neither.
Old 2004-12-15, 14:16   Link #5
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Quote:
I guess your answer is already in the post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergejack
We are now more precisely looking for spanish subs.
So if you'r in a spanish team wich subs it, an you are interested in multi language support, contact me with an email or a pm.

We already support French, Italian and Russian, and are still open for other expansion. (Dutch, German, Greek, Arabic ...)
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 14:30   Link #6
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
It has been licensied far before in Japan so guess what : I'm not planing to distribuate it in Japan or... what was it already, oh yes, USA.
And if it's licensied in Koweit, I won't distribuate it there neither.
One would have to wonder, then, why you would be asking for assistance on this site, which is primarily US-based (as indicated by the non-listing of titles licensed in the... oh yes, USA).

Not that I'm a mod or anything, but if I were: after erring well to the side of safe in the Media Factory incident, I'd want to be consistent and not provide any help to those looking to sub and possibly distribute material licensed in the US through this site. Just to be safe, of course.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 17:21   Link #7
Sergejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
One would have to wonder, then, why you would be asking for assistance on this site, which is primarily US-based (as indicated by the non-listing of titles licensed in the... oh yes, USA).

Not that I'm a mod or anything, but if I were: after erring well to the side of safe in the Media Factory incident, I'd want to be consistent and not provide any help to those looking to sub and possibly distribute material licensed in the US through this site. Just to be safe, of course.
If it's site is just about american fansub, then where to go, assuming I only speak french and english.

I don't think it is, but because it for english speaker it sure brings more american subbers than Irakian ones XD
And so the focus is brought on american licenses.
Old 2004-12-16, 03:56   Link #8
sangofe

Quote:
If it's site is just about american fansub, then where to go, assuming I only speak french and english.

I don't think it is, but because it for english speaker it sure brings more american subbers than Irakian ones XD
And so the focus is brought on american licenses.

uhh...
As far as I know its against suki's rules to post a new post about your group alone and its projects.
If everyone did that this section would be incredibly messy.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 04:10   Link #9
subcool
Arienai Co-Founder

Send a message via ICQ to subcool Send a message via AIM to subcool
If a series has been licensed its a no-no here on AS =P
and even IF you do not intend to distribute it in the US, how are you planning to stop people in the US from downloading it? Im sure there are spanish, german and french people there that would like it =P

There is no way you can stop them from downloading it without complicated firewall rules or another complicated system. And even that is not foolproof =P

[edit]
The japanese company doesnt have a license, it has the (international) copyright over the series =P
[/edit]
subcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 07:07   Link #10
DaFool
Resident devil

Dude...

Save yourself the hassle and just post in a spanish fansub forum.
And other dude...it's not USA...it's North America. Region 1 includes that other little insignificant G7 country.

Otherwise, don't nitpick like what I just did.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 16:08   Link #11
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
The japanese company doesnt have a license, it has the (international) copyright over the series =P
The Japanese company has the rights to distribute its properties wherever it likes, including North America. They don't usually want to spend the resources it takes to establish a market for their titles, so instead they sell a select portion of those rights to an American distribution company for a not-so-small fee. That way they get the money up front, and it's up to the Americans to try to turn a profit from it in their own country.

When we say a property has been 'licensed', we mean the an American company has purchased a 'license' to translate and distribute a property, but ultimately it's the Japanese company that originates and in many cases maintains those rights.

As examples, realize that Bandai US doesn't have to pay for the Bandai-owned titles that it brings over, since the property simply transfers from one branch of an international corperation to another. They usually do anyway, in order to keep the books square, but their fees are a lot lower than the standard, which is how they can afford to bring every Gundam ever to the US.

Even better, look at what Toei is about to do. If you haven't heard the news, they've announced plans to begin bringing their own projects out in the US. Since this will be a case of a Japanese company directly handling US distribution, noone will have to pay to license anything. But they still have the right to do it, and will be protected by US copyright law.
Old 2004-12-17, 09:46   Link #12
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian

If i remember right this site is German and was originaly only located in germany.
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 13:43   Link #13
Sergejack

Our first release is out, you can grab it on XDCC there : irc.Station-Irc.biz #waf.
7 episodes in 700 mo.

supported languages : French, Russian, Italian.

Feel free to get involved for further release if you want to
Old 2005-01-02, 23:39   Link #14
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
maybe you guys should concentrate on translatin new things
and distro new fansubs. If you distro licensed anime you might get involved with the LAW
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 04:28   Link #15
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
maybe you guys should concentrate on translatin new things
and distro new fansubs. If you distro licensed anime you might get involved with the LAW
That's not really the problem. The problem is announcing a licensed release on an english forum.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 21:48   Link #16
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
we got baka-update for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
That's not really the problem. The problem is announcing a licensed release on an english forum.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 22:33   Link #17
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

The anime is unlicensed for French, Russian and Italian languages. Announcing a fansub done in these languages on a Germany-based board is surely fine.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 07:41   Link #18
hooliganj
Team Player

The computer that houses the software is in Germany, in all other aspects the site focuses on North American, and specifically US, laws and licenses. Deal with it.
Old 2005-01-05, 08:06   Link #19
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
The computer that houses the software is in Germany, in all other aspects the site focuses on North American, and specifically US, laws and licenses. Deal with it.

I know this is off topic but:
Hey hooliganj, check your pm.

And to stay on topic:

The anime is unlicensed for French, Russian and Italian languages. Announcing a fansub done in these languages on a Germany-based board is surely fine.

I think midori no hibi is licensed in france...
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 11:31   Link #20
Sergejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe
I think midori no hibi is licensed in france...
You'r wrong.