AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-03, 12:41   Link #581
koishii

Send a message via MSN to koishii
Da Capo - Junichi - First or second season animation?

In Da Capo, which "version" of Junichi do you like best (animation-wise): first or second season?
Old 2006-02-03, 12:45   Link #582
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Shouldn't this be in the general anime section? Since it's not directly related to the fansubs.

And I've always been of the opinion that the first season Juniichi was the best. He just looked better. Second season was better character-wise though.
Old 2006-02-03, 12:48   Link #583
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
the animation was best in the second season
Old 2006-02-03, 12:58   Link #584
koishii

Well, I guess I'm not allowed to make a poll...
Old 2006-02-03, 13:46   Link #585
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I think Jyunichi was very generic in terms of character in both seasons. But the first season one looked better, yeah.
Old 2006-02-03, 14:19   Link #586
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Second season Asakura looked better imo - also his personality was a lot more *yeah, this guys amazing!*
Old 2006-02-03, 15:09   Link #587
◕‿‿◕

I liked Jyunichi's personality in the game. But somehow his personality in the anime felt very generic to me.
Old 2006-02-03, 16:55   Link #588
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
I liked Jyunichi's personality in the game. But somehow his personality in the anime felt very generic to me.
Come now, AvatarST; if you're going to repeat your point, you should at least provide some specifics. You brandish "generic" like a complaint/criticism, but what do you mean? Uninteresting? Boring? Predictable? If so, then you're echoing what Kotori said in Second Season episode 1 in a way - he's probably a bit too safe/stoic for his own good. That being said, he seemed like a nice guy overall. He didn't make any patently stupid or arrogant decisions, and was pretty consistently kind throughout both seasons (if a bit lazy, of course). Every once in a while he'd get caught up in the heat of the moment and do things he'd have to apologize for, but that's pretty normal for someone his age. So, I can't really fault him for anything. If that's what you mean by "generic" though, I guess I didn't mind it. It seemed like the game to me. What did you expect of his character?

As for art/animation? I'm going to vote "tie" for now. Both seasons have their own style/charm and look great on DVD. I do think it's odd that they changed Junichi's hair colour for season one and then changed it back for season two... but I can't really say that one was better than the other.
Old 2006-02-03, 17:09   Link #589
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Come now, AvatarST; if you're going to repeat your point, you should at least provide some specifics. You brandish "generic" like a complaint/criticism, but what do you mean? Uninteresting? Boring? Predictable? If so, then you're echoing what Kotori said in Second Season episode 1 in a way - he's probably a bit too safe/stoic for his own good. That being said, he seemed like a nice guy overall. He didn't make any patently stupid or arrogant decisions, and was pretty consistently kind throughout both seasons (if a bit lazy, of course). Every once in a while he'd get caught up in the heat of the moment and do things he'd have to apologize for, but that's pretty normal for someone his age. So, I can't really fault him for anything. If that's what you mean by "generic" though, I guess I didn't mind it. It seemed like the game to me. What did you expect of his character?

As for art/animation? I'm going to vote "tie" for now. Both seasons have their own style/charm and look great on DVD. I do think it's odd that they changed Junichi's hair colour for season one and then changed it back for season two... but I can't really say that one was better than the other.
Okaaaaay, sorry; I will.

I mean he was the generic type harem lead pretty much: too nice, clueless, and yep, boring and predictable. Sooometimes he does get hotheaded, but like you said that's normal. In the game, in his dialogues with the girls, he can be funnier, his thoughts can be silly, he can crack up a joke, tease his friends a little, and he's hardly ever serious (even if he' still a nice guy); his interaction and conversations with other characters are better IMO, and although I do realize that they can't just put everything in, and that we don't have as much insight into his thoughts, it does make his character feel different, so I do wish they'd showed that side of him - at least a little. In the anime, he just seems...dull, and the only character-defining thing they kept about him was his classic "kattarui".

And nope, it's not really criticism or complaint. To begin with, I'm used to the generic harem lead, with having watched so many of these shows; and besides, I don't mind Jyunichi, but I do think he was different and more interesting in the game.
Old 2006-02-03, 18:18   Link #590
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
Okaaaaay, sorry; I will.

I mean he was the generic type harem lead pretty much: too nice, clueless, and yep, boring and predictable. Sooometimes he does get hotheaded, but like you said that's normal. In the game, in his dialogues with the girls, he can be funnier, his thoughts can be silly, he can crack up a joke, tease his friends a little, and he's hardly ever serious (even if he' still a nice guy); his interaction and conversations with other characters are better IMO, and although I do realize that they can't just put everything in, and that we don't have as much insight into his thoughts, it does make his character feel different, so I do wish they'd showed that side of him - at least a little. In the anime, he just seems...dull, and the only character-defining thing they kept about him was his classic "kattarui".

And nope, it's not really criticism or complaint. To begin with, I'm used to the generic harem lead, with having watched so many of these shows; and besides, I don't mind Jyunichi, but I do think he was different and more interesting in the game.
Ah there we go, much better. I knew you had it in you! (Yes, you saw that I was baiting you... )

And yeah, now that you've explained it, I know what you mean. The anime stories sort of took place "around" Junichi for the most part. His character has some depth, but not much more than what is needed. But, actually, the extra that comes with DCSS DVD 1, although it's a joke, is actually probably a good enough explanation for that. I hope that that gets fansubbed some day, but in the meantime, needless to say that Junichi's portrayed as a generic stick figure and greeted to "meh" reactions ("yeah, yeah..."), and then Kotori appears in full colour glory to cheers and fanboy praise. The moral? Less male lead, more screentime for the girls! I think there's some of that in the way they treated his character in the anime. So, you're probably right that he's got a bit less of a personality in the anime, but I also assumed that's just a consequence of not seeing the whole world from his perspective like we do in the games. Still found him more likable than some of the other male leads in the genre, but it's obvious that the show wasn't really about him.
Old 2006-03-15, 13:34   Link #591
Khaos

Watching first season right now for the first time and I love it.
It's beautiful, poetic and has that kind of humour you just have to love.

But can anyone tell me...what is that huge pink teddybear in school??
(Haven't read the whole thread right now, sorry if this question has already been answered.)
Old 2006-03-15, 13:38   Link #592
koishii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos

(Haven't read the whole thread right now, sorry if this question has already been answered.)
Who knows? She/he/it is like a student at the school that apppears randomly in the background throughout the first and second season as well!
Old 2006-03-15, 14:23   Link #593
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos

This was a frequently asked question back in the early days of this thread. I'm posting a quote from back on page 7 that answers this, and there is probably some more info scattered about - try searching this thread for the word "pink".
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Advertisement for D.C.P.S. (Da Capo Plus Situation), the new D.C. for the PS2. It is basically the original eroge- version of D.C., minus the sex scenes, with added characters. D.C.P.S. was released in October while D.C. anime is on the air.

The pink teddy bear is actually one of the added characters for D.C.P.S.: Murasaki Izumiko

http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/common/dcps/

Murasaki Izumiko is basically "a very cute girl to everyone else except Junichi...he sees her as a big pink teddy bear"
Old 2006-03-16, 23:38   Link #594
Knowname

lol the old cat ruled... I SO expected to see it like as the counter-white-cat by episode 20 ;p but...
Wasn't he like hunting them down one time for invadeing his territory -_- lol good times

Anyway if ANYBODY has the full last episode of second season (the file doesn't say who subbed it, but vlc plays just the intro and... that's pretty much nothing. it's 136.09mb) and the torrent, pls seed it if only so one other person can get it. There's about 6 of us with 99.3% (all but 1mb!) done.

I just checked and apparently somebody has seeded ;p thankyou! Yes, it is raw, but that's ok ;p.

Last edited by Knowname; 2006-03-27 at 03:54.
Old 2006-03-17, 06:18   Link #595
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Episode 26 of DCSS hasn't been subbed yet, from my understanding. 1-25 has, but not 26, yet. Should be soon, though.
Old 2006-03-21, 09:47   Link #596
Khaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
Murasaki Izumiko is basically "a very cute girl to everyone else except Junichi...he sees her as a big pink teddy bear"

o...k...

BTW, I couldn't find any fansites or character-shrines and stuff like that in the internet...Da Capo isn't even listed at anipike.com
How come?
Old 2006-06-06, 09:57   Link #597
Cetra3

I just thought I'd say I love this series... One of my all time Favourites
Old 2006-06-18, 21:48   Link #598
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Anyone think this anime (along with season 2) will be licensed in the upcoming Anime Expo? I'm taking it as a grain of salt considering that yozuca, the singer for OP's in both Da Capo will be performing at the Expo.
Old 2006-06-18, 22:01   Link #599
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Having Yozuca there may or may not mean anything. Besides Da Capo, she did other OPs such as those for Girls Bravo, which of course is licensed a long while ago and may be where many people may have first heard about her.

If they had Yozuca and Coorie at once, then that may indeed mean something since Da Capo is the only series they did songs for together.
Old 2006-06-18, 23:09   Link #600
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
If they had Yozuca and Coorie at once, then that may indeed mean something since Da Capo is the only series they did songs for together.
Heh - I mentioned this in the D.C. II thread in general anime earlier today.

"Opening for yozuca* will be singer/song-writer rino. rino is the vocalist of CooRie."

Hmm, indeed...
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, kemonomimi, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs