AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-14, 10:06   Link #21
Arissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell_ff8 View Post
), but I can't stand Victorique at all, yet Alice is my favourite character. Don't know why, Victorique seems much more like the cliche tsundere and has some inocense, Alice is a lot more mature and negative.
you hv the point there.
Arissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 09:40   Link #22
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Key visuals;

Umm....;;; Mel's style is gone, and it is just... normal JC design. At least better than Sora no Woto.
Old 2011-05-25, 15:38   Link #23
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

...I'm really starting to be of the opinion that J.C.Staff is a bad studio. They were great before 2010, then just decent, now...it's like they've turned to shit since Fall '10. There's always a major flaw with their adaptations no matter what. If the art is unique and looks good, then they fuck up the story or pacing. If the pacing and story is good, they fuck up the art. Or in Index II's case, they fuck up both the art and pacing despite having a presumably decent budget to work with. It's like Nagai is the only good thing at J.C.Staff.
Old 2011-05-25, 17:57   Link #24
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well, I do think that they are suffering from Bad-itis recently, but so did Madhouse last year. They might be having a bit of a down-turn in regards to actually producing good shows.

But I won't call them bad as of yet. I mean they need to remain on this for another year and make some more serious screw ups to earn that. As they are now, they are competent enough, just nothing compared to back in '06-'07 when they got out things like Nodame Cantabile and Honey & Clover.

The designs are disappointing, though everything else (aside from the director) looks okay. I guess we have to wait and see a PV.
Old 2011-05-25, 20:51   Link #25
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
It's like Nagai is the only good thing at J.C.Staff.
No, even that is bad thing for me.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 23:50   Link #26
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The anime will premiere on MBS, Chiba Tokyo MX and AT-X this year.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:41   Link #27
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Hmm...design looks better than I thought it would. They got the eyes good enough, though no gorgeous PA works shading and hair. The designs actually reminds me of Railgun more than anything.

EDIT: Oh did I mention? The first episode is a 60 minute-block special
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 12:25   Link #28
Katapan
俺様祭り

PV:

Kishida Mel designs, we hardly knew ye. Not that your run-of-the-mill J.C. Staff designs are terrible, but yeah... it is a bit of a shame anyway. The PV itself did pique my interest though, if only for the surprising male:female ratio (I'm not familiar with the source material at all).

Last edited by Katapan; 2011-06-11 at 10:34. Reason: Fixed link.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 13:56   Link #29
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I actually like those character designs. They're by Mei Kishida, who also did the CD for HanaIro. I would call them a little better than "run of the mill JC Staff".
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 14:16   Link #30
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
They're by Mei Kishida, who also did the CD for HanaIro. I would call them a little better than "run of the mill JC Staff".
I know that, I did mention Kishida in my post. It's just that, as it is often the case, a good part of his style was lost in the process - on the other hand, the designs gained plenty of J.C. Staff-ness, and I am notably heavily reminded of Railgun while watching the trailer. I don't hate the designs either, far from it, but Kishida's style survived the transition to TV screens much better in the case of HanaIro, which will probably remain the series most faithful to Kishida's style forever.

But hey, to quote applejuice, this is at least better than Sora no Woto!
Old 2011-06-10, 17:55   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
I know that, I did mention Kishida in my post. It's just that, as it is often the case, a good part of his style was lost in the process - on the other hand, the designs gained plenty of J.C. Staff-ness, and I am notably heavily reminded of Railgun while watching the trailer. I don't hate the designs either, far from it, but Kishida's style survived the transition to TV screens much better in the case of HanaIro, which will probably remain the series most faithful to Kishida's style forever.

But hey, to quote applejuice, this is at least better than Sora no Woto!
Yeah, I missed that mention in your post, sorry. I don't know - it seems to my eyes as if the essence of Ishida's style is there, but it's hard to tell from a PV.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 22:42   Link #32
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katapan View Post
i know that, i did mention kishida in my post. It's just that, as it is often the case, a good part of his style was lost in the process - on the other hand, the designs gained plenty of j.c. Staff-ness, and i am notably heavily reminded of railgun while watching the trailer. I don't hate the designs either, far from it, but kishida's style survived the transition to tv screens much better in the case of hanairo, which will probably remain the series most faithful to kishida's style forever.
Quote:
staff in:
Bungaku shōjo (movie) : Animation director
eden of the east (tv) : Animation director (ep 6), assistant animation director (ep 7)
ghost hunt (tv) : Key animation
hatsukoi limited (tv) : Assistant animation director (eps 4, 9, 12)
hayate the combat butler!! (oav) : Key animation
kami-sama no memo-chō (tv) : Character design
kimikiss pure rouge (tv) : Key animation (ep 1)
nodame cantabile: Finale (tv) : Key animation (ep 5)
nodame cantabile: Paris (tv) : Assistant animation director (ep 2)
okamisan (tv) : Key animation (ep 4)
real drive (tv) : Key animation (ep 22)
slayers revolution (tv) : Eyecatch illustration (4b)
soredemo machi wa mawatteiru (tv) : Key animation (ep 1)
toaru kagaku no railgun (tv) : Chief animation director, animation director (ep 1)
toaru majutsu no index ii (tv) : Chief animation director (eps 8, 15), animation director (eps 8, 10, 15), key animation (eps 1, 8, 15)

toheart2ad (oav) : Key animation (ep 1)
tokyo tribe 2 (tv) : Key animation (ep 1)
yozakura quartet (tv) : Key animation (ep 1)
zero no tsukaima: Futatsuki no kishi (tv) : Key animation (eps 1, 4)
De_ja_vu!!!!!!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 13:13   Link #33
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yeah, I missed that mention in your post, sorry. I don't know - it seems to my eyes as if the essence of Ishida's style is there, but it's hard to tell from a PV.
Its there, but it's been washed out in J.C.Staff detergent.

Well, it's not like it's bad, but the flavor Mel's designs had is so low key I might've confused it as a spin off from Index.
Old 2011-06-11, 13:19   Link #34
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Why the hell lately animation (Hell even the magz spread, I'm just noticed) from J.C Staff always feel so "yellowish"? (if anyone can understand what I mean)
Its looked friggin cheap.
Old 2011-06-12, 00:46   Link #35
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scans:
Old 2011-06-12, 02:50   Link #36
Dark_Pride

Yeah, the PV gives a Railgun-ish feel to it.
Dark_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 05:26   Link #37
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

New PV...
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 07:51   Link #38
tsunade666

thanks for the new pv. I still like JC staff works even though they crap more than enough of my favorite stuff for me to hate them but they still do their job good and enough for me to watch it. Even though.... really their animation jumps from crappy to good. And I can't even spot the difference from their animation at all. The original feel of the artist creation was lost when they make it <.<
Old 2011-06-22, 10:15   Link #39
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Not really sure about JC staff hate. Just going by the past two years alone, there were only two shows I didn't really like (though to be fair theres a number who I didn't watch a lot of, but that's mainly because of shipping reasons rather than because I didn't like those shows).

The majority were series that I thought were well done enough to at least like, and some of those shows are IMO in the running for best show for that particular year.

Spoiler for Just to save space as its kinda OT:

So yeah, don't know why people are so pessimistic for this series. PV looks great on the otherhand, so definitely confused.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 20:18   Link #40
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well jc staff have been having a bad time since fall 2010, specially animation wise, but the pv look like it have good animation, on the other hand previous jc pv showed the best animated scenes in the series , so its hard to judge yet.

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life