AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2013-03-18, 22:56   Link #1241
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
So anybody got a favorite idol already? I'm really liking Maki a lot, and I wanted to like Hanayo more but she lost that appeal she had when she lost her glasses.

My only problem with this show is the voice acting since most of the cast are new or have very little experience. I can right away tell that some of the acting is off or force. It's not a really big deal, but at least some have good vocals.
me I love Maki-chan for voice and singing is normal that it is not those professional must not forget that the muse's are inexperienced schoolgirl with songs brief... amateurs and not professional ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Anyways... my goodness. I just nicely sorted out my folder of a bunch of images and then... people spamming more wonderful pictures... CONTINUE THE SPAMMING! I WANT MOAR!
You like ?? ok you want more?

Kotori's time! \(^v^)/

Spoiler for size Kotori-chan:

Spoiler for and best for the end :p:
Old 2013-03-18, 23:11   Link #1242
Nork22

I saw this on Yaraon and would be interested if a kind person(s) would translate it:
Images
Which Love Live Girl are you?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-03-21 at 20:57. Reason: Use the "images" tag for large images...
Nork22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 23:13   Link #1243
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Too bad it's not English....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 23:36   Link #1244
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Umi's time \(^v^)/

Spoiler for more? :p:
Old 2013-03-18, 23:52   Link #1245
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Yeah I have to agree with everyone that what Honoka did was just completely foolish. However, at the same time, I like her for this very point. She clearly wants the whole thing to succeed. So she ends up working very very hard to the point where she no longer sees the potential consequences. It may be easy for some of us to call her stupid (seems like there's quite a bit of anger from some users on Twitter as well) but as I have said some time before, it's easy for us to see the negatives of others but not when the negatives involve us.
Right. We're able to view all of this as somewhat dispassionate observers. We may be emotionally invested, of course, but we're not there. We're not really in the character's shoes, so we don't have the same swirl of emotions and goals surrounding us as these characters do.

Honoka is getting massive positive reinforcement from her peers. Her classmates love her, praise her, and treat her like a celebrity. Her former critic and occasional opponent, the smart and beautiful and capable Student Council President, has been completely won over by her, and is now strongly supporting her. And best of all, this is all for a good cause - Saving the school.

Honoka's winning, and she knows it. So she just wants to keep on doing what she's been doing all along (it's simple, straightforward, and makes some sense; so it's very Honoka-esque). If anything, she wants to take it to the next level. This is the effect of positive reinforcement.

I also can imagine the following thoughts running through Honoka's head...

'Darn, it's raining. Maybe I should just call it off and stay insi... No. That's me being the old, flighty Honoka. The Honoka that was too quick to change interests or lose her resolve or get lazy. I don't want to be the old Honoka! I want to be the new Honoka that's respected, even by people like Eri!'

It's classic overcompensation. Hopefully she'll find the right balance starting next episode.

Quote:
On a side note, I also love the interaction between Eri and Honoka. Also... I guess that having Umi all to herself is not enough, she also wants Honoka.
Eri's a smart girl. Very smart. Because she's smart, she sees weaknesses and flaws very quickly. The good thing about that is that she's good at making effective plans since she can account for weaknesses. The bad thing is that this can make a person jaded over time, and I think we saw a bit of that with Eri back when she was an antagonist.

Somewhat ironically, what often moves a jaded person the most is seeing something "pure". Something sincere. Someone saying "I will never quit! I will fight on! I will save our school!" and actually meaning it, and following through on it.

The confrontation between Eri and Honoka at the end of Episode 3 was pivotal, I think. Eri never mocked Honoka's words, as naively idealistic as she may have found them.

I think Eri thought 'Well, you've set quite the standard for yourself to live up to. I can tell that you think you mean it, so I won't mock you. But let's see if you really do mean it. I have my doubts.'

And now, Eri knows that Honoka is "for real". When Honoka puts forward ideas of the "We're just going to have to give it 110% then!" sort, she really means it. And Eri finds that endearing and worthy of respect.
Old 2013-03-19, 00:45   Link #1246
GalacticPulsar

^ Triple R, your posts are very insightful. I'm surprised by your maturity. It is true than Honoka should know when to stop working so hard but it's precisely that quality of never giving up and always striving to get to a higher level that characterizes a leader.

It seems like next episode is going to be very dramatic as well. If kotori leaves muse, honoka will be devastated? since kotori was part of the original muse along with umi and honoka. Though if kotori decides to stay, that will be too cliched.
GalacticPulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 00:47   Link #1247
NoemiChan
Banned

A support like her friends are giving her can really push a person towards their limit...
Old 2013-03-19, 00:51   Link #1248
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

trad?

Honoka...
Old 2013-03-19, 01:24   Link #1249
Harunny

ArisaxYukiho

HonokaxMaki

NicoxMaki
Harunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 01:27   Link #1250
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harunny View Post
After

Spoiler for size:
Old 2013-03-19, 01:49   Link #1251
NoemiChan
Banned

It's just an act.... my waifu is straight!!!!
Old 2013-03-19, 02:46   Link #1252
Enternal

@ Triple_R
Exactly. All the things she has been doing have great results so why not continue what she did? To be clear, she's not being overconfident because she's clearly the humble type (the leader episode), it's just that she's been working hard and it have been working well so she now tries even harder just like what Eri have said.

In general, I think people when watching anything should try not to jump to conclusions to quickly. Try to think and observe as to why a character is doing what they do. This really applies back to Eri because I still remember how many people in other places and blogs were so aggressive against Eri even though there were slight hints. I am glad though that Eri is introduced in such a way because it does add a bit more depth to how the characters all got together but sometimes I do get a bit worried because first impression apparently counts. I still know quite a bit of people who still does not like Eri very much even now because they only remember more for her antagonistic behavior instead of how she opens up to everyone and how cheerful and playful she really is *ahem. This was also the case for Kanata in Little Busters! Perhaps it's just me but I really dislike misjudging people so I usually give them a lot of time so that I can make sure all my judgements are right. That might also be the reason why this season I end up liking the antagonistic characters so much because they ended up showing how bright and cheerful they really are. This now also applies to Honoka in some ways. I mean, there are some that I know who were already calling Honoka a dumb b which completely left me appalled since they don't seem to be trying to understand the position she's in.

But yeah, this episode for Honoka is definitely awesome. It will finally allow her to become even better!

Now... time to go back to downloading all of those posted images!
@ GenjiChan
Yeah she's completely straight. That explains why there's a trail...

@Chiaki-chan
Ah yes!! All those Umi's. All those Kotori's.
And wow... the one with Honoka and Eri? I WANT TO KNOW!! Kininarimasu!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 02:52   Link #1253
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
I mean, there are some that I know who were already calling Honoka a dumb b which completely left me appalled since they don't seem to be trying to understand the position she's in.
- The biggest critics are people who can't and won't understand the situation other people are in, but still criticize.

If you're not willing to put everything on the line for something, then it's not a dream you want to come true. But if you're willing to go the extra mile, risk everything to succeed, then you will.

Critics come from the has-beens and never-tries who hate you because you got farther than they ever did.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 02:54   Link #1254
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
@ GenjiChan
Yeah she's completely straight. That explains why there's a trail...
Thank you then... We, Honoka and I will named our first born Enternal for the gratitude....

Rather than criticize, even if its dumb... she did it out of unselfish reasons.
Old 2013-03-19, 03:11   Link #1255
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
@Chiaki-chan
Ah yes!! All those Umi's. All those Kotori's.
And wow... the one with Honoka and Eri? I WANT TO KNOW!! Kininarimasu!
Harashow's time \(*o*)/ :

More? more?

Spoiler for clik for more :p:
Old 2013-03-19, 03:56   Link #1256
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Spoiler for space saver:

Time to spam the alliance!
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 04:20   Link #1257
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Maki-sama fan, Honoka's fan and Kotori's fan don't clik because is time to die _(*_x)/ ...... just one picture but... *clic* nosebleed *dead*

Spoiler for nosebleed's risk:

*dead*
Old 2013-03-19, 10:55   Link #1258
Candyshark

I personally like that series again capitalized why Honoka is considered a leader. With her foolish act she abolished even my doubts as why she is spearman in the group.

At first I thought she is like characters a kin to Yui in K-ON! she does not really why she does it but it is fun so why not. But can focus only on one thing at the time and has fits of laziness from time to time. I have to admit I didn't expect her to show such tremendous determination. Sometimes I admire people who can throw themselves into things without spending few days pondering how it will pan out. This episode felt like her energy flew through the roof. Honoka was almost borderline choleric on cofein and dextro energy. I feel she will hate to skip not only perfomances but rehearsals too. That may make her to take things in moderation.

As for Kotori transfering I'm not sure about it since there were no hints she sent any application to other schools and why would she transfer in her second year. Though it take somewhat from anticipation knowing that she will stay.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 12:25   Link #1259
Midonin
Last Engage

Love Live Life 11 - Lottery Rebalance

The first part of the episode was actually pretty lighthearted. Even the failing of the lottery was played in such a theatrical way that even the rest of μ's was clearly taking it as a temporary setback. There's always a Plan B. Seeing the videos again made me realize that A-RISE has been more engimatic than defined, but since the real competition is more about getting people to come to the school than winning the Love Live (can they get there in two episodes? - this is a 13-episode series), I don't think they were ever meant to be that much of a threat in the first place. Loved the brief fantasy sequences, especially the hallway one. Those uniforms and that giant drum just have their charm. I think it's the same with Honoka in the second half, ultimately. A small setback that can be recovered from - and if the school becomes popular enough, there's no need for Kotori to follow up on what's in the letter either. There will always be problems, and it's more about what you do with them. Making fun of Nico is a good answer to any of the above.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 12:44   Link #1260
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I think even getting a chance to qualify for Love Live would be more than enough to get their school noticed, but they'll probably have no idea how popular after this episode.

If it was recorded, there's gonna be some interviews and other things like that.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, music, school life