AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-04-26, 08:38   Link #3921
Lucidrago

Well Irina hasn't been performing poorly really. Neither has Bova really but he was still a little immature which costed him in Volume 23. And Bennia as a technique-type is his natural enemy and plus she's very fast. It's natural that she would be running circles around him.

Can you blame him in Volume 23 though? Dulio's team had Rudiger as a coach. And plus Issei was caught in a trap. But that was Issei and he's never going to change. But Bova and Ouryuu did break him out of that bubble.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 08:43   Link #3922
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Compared to others he has the weakest showing along Irina. They are good fighters but they were caught off guard in Vol 23. I wonder if we will actually see his fight with Bennia, since she is faster than Xenovia. I don't know if she's near Kiba's level of speed.

But as for vol 25, there was literally nothing that he could do since their opponent was Typhon who's in the Top 10. Frankly I'm amazed that they didn't instantly lose against him. I wonder if his training with Crom made him stronger?

But I still maintain that Irina needs an upgrade.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 08:45   Link #3923
Lucidrago

Issei was caught off guard in Volume 23. Well almost everyone was. Even Grayfia who almost got hit by Milana's spear of light.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 08:50   Link #3924
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Mirana is seriously powerful. She's a reincarnated angel that's light power is on Cadre level. Plus Dubio's team had good balance. I wonder if we will see the Aces of Metatron and Sandalphon & the Extra Joker? But I hated that they made Dubio a master H2H combatant. He's supposed to be a AOE attacker. I can understand that that he could have trained a bit but he shouldn't be at Ise's level.
Old 2018-04-26, 09:03   Link #3925
DragonOsman
Dragon King

A Technique-type may be the natural enemy of a Power-type, but a Power-type can still beat a Technique-type. For example, Ddraig could defeat Vritra when they fought, even though he certainly considers Vritra to be a troublesome opponent due to his versatility. And Ddraig is a Power-type while Vritra is a Technique-type. Same thing happens with Ise and Saji. Exact same situation. And Ise also beat Apophis despite the incompatibility due to Apophis being a Technique-type and also at the level of Ddraig and Albion in their prime in terms of raw power.

And the fact that Sirzechs can fire Power of Destruction orbs more powerful than Extinguish Star means that his attack power can actually be greater than Rias'. But then again, he and Rias aren't on the same level. What you said about Power- and Technique-types in regards to attack power only applies to people who are around the same level. Vali also has greater attack power than the First Gen. Sun Wukong, though I'm thinking that maybe the novels mean "raw power" when they use the term "attack power". In the scene I'm referring to, the First Gen. Sun Wukong said that both Ise and Vali have more "attack power" than him, but he may have meant raw power in that context.

I do think Irina should get an upgrade. But even now she's still pretty strong where it counts.
Old 2018-04-26, 09:09   Link #3926
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Yeah, it comes down to the abilities of the fighters in where some Technique types can overcome Power types but some times Power types can overwhelm Technique types.

So here is a challenge in preperation for Shin-
Come up with upgrades for the following characters:

Rias
Ravel
Irina

But they have to be tied to that character & cannot be power that another character gives them so nothing like Forbidden Invade Balor the Princess & Crimson Extinct Dragonar.
Old 2018-04-26, 09:54   Link #3927
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Age gap is irrelevant. Rias has more raw power than Sona despite being the same age.
Age gap means the number of years put in training is different. Sirzechs may have trained his POD for decades maybe centuries. Rias hasn't even reach 2 decades of her live much less time spent polishing her POD, we can't decide how their usage differs when both of them are having a huge age gap. Can you determine how strong Rias can be if she continues her training for 1 century for example?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 09:56   Link #3928
DragonOsman
Dragon King

For Rias, I want to see an upgrade that allows her to fight better on her own whether in mid-, close- or long-range. And better control and mastery of her Power of Destruction to where she can compress more power into smaller orbs and even fire an Extinguish Star level attack with more ease, faster charge time, and in more number (i.e. is able to spam it). Not trying to turn Rias into a Technique-type here, please note.

For Ravel, I want to see showings of how powerful she actually is. She's a Bishop, though, so her role is more for support.

For Irina, again, more showings for her and Hauteclere for now. I want to see how powerful of a Holy Sword Hauteclere actually is. And some news on her progress in learning magic and also in using Holy-Demonic Swords (the mass-produced ones made by the Church, that she asked Kiba to teach her to use).

What B214 just said is true. Rias will likely reach Maou-class power at her peak if she continues to train and hone her skills. He control and mastery of her Power of Destruction will also improve (hopefully, at least).

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2018-04-26 at 10:09.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 10:05   Link #3929
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Maybe Rias can gain more technique with her PoD like redirection without needing to use Balor mode.

For Ravel i agree. Maybe add a supportive use for her Phoenix fire. Like a wall of fire for defence.

Irina's Hauteclere doesn't have good solo showings. I don't think that she will ask Kiba in regards Holy-Demonic Swords since she has Hauteclere now. but maybe we can see more of her magic.
Old 2018-04-26, 10:12   Link #3930
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Agreed about Rias. But it'll take more time and growth for her, I think.

Agreed. But maybe for real battle situations, she'll have to learn to strong on her own without needing to take a supportive role. Especially for when she's alone.

Doesn't Irina still have a Holy-Demonic Sword? If so, she should try to master it (if she hasn't already).
Old 2018-04-26, 10:16   Link #3931
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Didn't Irina stop using her Holy-Demonic Sword after obtaining Hauteclere? Even if she does still have it, I don't want her using it since Holy-Demonic Swords are Kiba's domain & I want something unique for her.

Maybe Ravel & Asia could learn more support magic together. And Ravel could also develop some kind of fire cage or fire restaint to incapaticate enemies.
Old 2018-04-26, 10:17   Link #3932
kiiro94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Sirzechs rather uses the nature of POD which is to erase rather than just trying to overwhelm his opponent with the bigger, more powerful attack. That's why his POD is much smaller but way more potent than Rias'. They have two different fighting styles. With Sirzechs focusing on technique, he doesn't go for the pure power approach like Rias or Issei. While Rias just fires gigantic shots of POD and just uses it in the most power-oriented way possible. Well Sirzechs masterfully controls his and relies more on its nature to 'erase' things from existence.

Power-types tend to have more attack power than technique-types largely due to the way they fight.

You equate being stronger with having more attack power than somebody without taking into account a person's fighting style. Does Sirzechs overwhelm overs with pure power like Rias does? Like gigantic shots of POD that are meant to basically just barrel through defenses and other's attacks. While Sirzechs uses his mastery and understanding of POD to 'erase' attacks and other things.

He broke Vali's armor when Vali couldn't touch him. Can you claim that something like that would determine the battle? It takes way more than one good hit to defeat someone most of the time.
I agreed with their battle style, but we cant ignore that Rias biggest casual attack doesnt mean it has more power than an orb of Sirzechs, it may be small but it has a lot PoD compressed so we dont know hom much it has but it defeated with ease Asmodeus.

What I have some doubt, is that Sirzechs erased the infinity power of Asmodeus, I wonder how does that work or mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
. What you said about Power- and Technique-types in regards to attack power only applies to people who are around the same level. Vali also has greater attack power than the First Gen. Sun Wukong, though I'm thinking that maybe the novels mean "raw power" when they use the term "attack power". In the scene I'm referring to, the First Gen. Sun Wukong said that both Ise and Vali have more "attack power" than him, but he may have meant raw power in that context.
He meant Output power in a translation I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Age gap means the number of years put in training is different. Sirzechs may have trained his POD for decades maybe centuries. Rias hasn't even reach 2 decades of her live much less time spent polishing her POD, we can't decide how their usage differs when both of them are having a huge age gap. Can you determine how strong Rias can be if she continues her training for 1 century for example?
Well as far as we know or at least I think, each devil is born with their potential. For example Sairaorg did not born with the PoD, it might be because his low demonic power, well he is one of the few Devil that has train since kid and for that reason he can defeat average High Class devils or stronger, but even with all the training he couldn't help the fact that he has poor demonic power.

He does have some, maybe like Issei or maybe even less. As he is growing, his demonic power will also grow to his potential even if it lower than low now, he could have average low demonic power in the future.

Devils cant change that fact, their potential demonic power. Azazel mentioned to Rias that she will reach Ultimate Class Devil Powers when she starts to participate in the rating game. So I wonder, when do they reach their prime in demonic powers?

I think it is less than the century, If we look closer, they had the same growth than a Human, so they could look old at 100 years, but by then the already can change how they look and live like that for thousands of years.

So, IMO, no matter if they live 800, 2000 or 100 years, they cant change the volume of demonic power they will have but they can master their abilities better, that doesn't stop they can make stronger attacks but with their limits of Demonic Power. Did I explain myself?

Last edited by kiiro94; 2018-04-26 at 13:15.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 11:39   Link #3933
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Rias doesn't have the power of infinity. What are you talking about?

Sairaorg's Demonic Power is less than that of a Low-class Devil. It's said he has barely any. Ise's is at the level of an average Low-class Devil (or maybe a bit higher than average) if he doesn't use any Boosts.

They probably can't change their potential Demonic Power (I'm not sure about this), but they can reach their potential faster if they train. I think it may be possible to increase Demonic Power quantity through training (not potential amount/quantity, just the current amount).

Azazel said Rias was born with higher-than-average Demonic Power even for a High-class Devil and that she'd become an Ultimate-class Devil when she matures even if she doesn't train. But she does train, so she'll probably become Maou-class at peak power.

Devils can control how they look, but I don't think they'll definitely age the same way as humans. Supernatural beings are different from humans after all.
Old 2018-04-26, 13:16   Link #3934
kiiro94

Quote:
Rias doesn't have the power of infinity. What are you talking about?

Sairaorg's Demonic Power is less than that of a Low-class Devil. It's said he has barely any. Ise's is at the level of an average Low-class Devil (or maybe a bit higher than average) if he doesn't use any Boosts.

They probably can't change their potential Demonic Power (I'm not sure about this), but they can reach their potential faster if they train. I think it may be possible to increase Demonic Power quantity through training (not potential amount/quantity, just the current amount).

Azazel said Rias was born with higher-than-average Demonic Power even for a High-class Devil and that she'd become an Ultimate-class Devil when she matures even if she doesn't train. But she does train, so she'll probably become Maou-class at peak power.

Devils can control how they look, but I don't think they'll definitely age the same way as humans. Supernatural beings are different from humans after all.
It was Asmodeus, correct it already. I doubt she can reach that level in short time. Maybe in the next 30 years of Ex yes.

Remember she was ten times weaker than Sairaorg, and he is barely Ultimate Class with BxB.

Let me give you some examples, first Rias:

Spoiler for Rias Training Volume 11:

Instead than training her demonic power levels, she needed to understand her power, how to use its full potential. It is like to have a smart phone and just used it to make calls. Mastery over PoD is what she needed. Read this:

Spoiler for Training Extinguish Star Volume 14:

Yes, she trains, but she is training about to control the PoD. She compresses the power for a better effect. She can use the same power and launch it with no compression and it wont have the same effect. The power uses pressure for better effect. 3 volumes and still training. Look at the first bold, PoD inside a sphere? She using a method to enclose the PoD. But she used it in volume 16. Rias need to charge again her power to use it once more. It is a finishing move, after she used it she did not enough power to destroy what was left of Grendel. She learned to use better her power, that is all.

Spoiler for Need to relax:

And the second example is Riser:

Spoiler for Volume EX:

Riser, did not make his power bigger, but denser just as his team. They use their full potential. Dense is to compress their power. And he also trained his body for more stamina maybe and to fight in melee combat.

Last edited by kiiro94; 2018-04-26 at 14:00.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 15:11   Link #3935
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I was talking about Azazel saying she'll become a Top-class Devil at her peak even if she doesn't train. And the black and crimson aura in Extinguish Star doesn't mean she has the power of infinity, does it?
Old 2018-04-26, 15:17   Link #3936
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

I wonder if devils gain super strength as they age? We see some devils have an extreme level of phyisical strength such as the Emperor & Rivezim. So I wonder if Rias can gain strength by training a bit. Obivously it won't be anywhere near Sairaorgs level.
Old 2018-04-26, 15:29   Link #3937
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@kiiro94 When Sirzechs fought against (read as curbstomp) Creuserey Asmodeus the snake Ophis give him only raised his power from either High Class or Ultimate Class to the power of the Original Asmodeus so Maou Class therefore I highly doubt that snake has the power of infinity.
Old 2018-04-26, 15:32   Link #3938
Lord Kai

New match up.

Rias vs Bova
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 15:34   Link #3939
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Rias since well saw her feats more. But I assume that it won't be an easy fight since Bova is a Dragon.
Old 2018-04-26, 16:16   Link #3940
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiiro94 View Post
Devils cant change that fact, their potential demonic power. Azazel mentioned to Rias that she will reach Ultimate Class Devil Powers when she starts to participate in the rating game. So I wonder, when do they reach their prime in demonic powers?

I think it is less than the century, If we look closer, they had the same growth than a Human, so they could look old at 100 years, but by then the already can change how they look and live like that for thousands of years.

So, IMO, no matter if they live 800, 2000 or 100 years, they cant change the volume of demonic power they will have but they can master their abilities better, that doesn't stop they can make stronger attacks but with their limits of Demonic Power. Did I explain myself?
Quote:

That thinking is what created the old Devils in the first place. They just view things on one side only. Going by "potential" Sairaorg should be nothing but crap who can't even do a thing. But look at him now. That is potential. Thinking that potential is determined during birth only locks down one's ability to grow. How far can Rias improve is dependent on her not her Demonic Power. Same goes for others. You can't simply say he/she will only be this good at best.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote