AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 24 Rating [FINAL]
Perfect 10 70 49.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 22.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 13.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.41%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-20, 00:49   Link #41
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Lol'ed when Mikoto summoned Kuroko just by shouting her name.
Are we sure Kuroko isn't a Servant from magic side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey
what an episode. we get two opening inserts in one ep! i think the whole point of the ep was to show that level 6 would have been completely crazy, since a level 5 already is so powerful. like i'm pretty confident Misaka never really used all of her power. like Telestina said her railgun was based of Misaka data, but Misaka still overpowered her, meaning Misaka's power limit hadn't been observed yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu
I doubt that Telestina was dead.Misaki clearly isn't the type that handle murder easily and up until Sister Arc she is still very kindhearted.
Mikoto Misaka doesn't kill. She's Superman in a world of cardboard. She only pulls off her limiters for someone who can take it. Poor Touma.

Spoiler for future arc:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 01:04   Link #42
MWAHAHA

wasn't really satisfied, everything just seemed so cheesy. only thing i enjoyed was kuroko whipping out that chainbelt from her bag. moment i saw that, i was "oh f*****************ck.........'
MWAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 01:10   Link #43
tsunade666

LoL

kuroko just had a super hearing or she's just had a specialized ear that reacts on her oneesama ara ara onesama
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 01:37   Link #44
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWAHAHA View Post
only thing i enjoyed was kuroko whipping out that chainbelt from her bag. moment i saw that, i was "oh f*****************ck.........'
Hell yes, that was my favorite part. Kuroko spamming her needles and Kongo tossing shit around was just awesome. In my book Kuroko won that contest since she defeated more bots than Kongo (maybe Kongo would have done more damage if she puts the damn fan down) But then again, she took down 2 choppers with a single truck, so I guess it's a draw

I'm a bit disappointed that a certain level 5 didn't give us a short cameo. They could have at least given as a foreshadow indicating that arc.
Old 2010-03-20, 01:42   Link #45
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Well, according to Mitsuko, she took down a lot more after Kuroko was called away by Misaka. pretty sweet ability too.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 02:00   Link #46
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Mikoto Misaka doesn't kill. She's Superman in a world of cardboard. She only pulls off her limiters for someone who can take it. Poor Touma.
She isn't dead, is was stated by Konori near the end that she has woken up in custody but they couldn't get any info out of her. And if you pause the screen as she is reading Telistina's profile there's some mind numbing engrish there.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 02:00   Link #47
Primary Consult

Had to give it a 10
+Kuroko's extra spikes (and using them)
+Saten steps up
+Kongo Mitsuko's ability shown
+Anti-skill... does something
+Touma snippet
+Academy city is one giant experiment... I'd gotten that impression a while ago but I think this is the first time anyone actually said it

+No double-use of the opening theme
+Using dear my friend, it fits this ep better even though I generally prefer Real Force

One minus though:
-No mention or even hint of sisters. I thought they were saving
Spoiler for Minor difference between manga and anime ep 12:
for this ep, but I guess not.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 02:31   Link #48
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

needs more 2nd season

10/10
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 03:02   Link #49
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWAHAHA View Post
wasn't really satisfied, everything just seemed so cheesy. only thing i enjoyed was kuroko whipping out that chainbelt from her bag. moment i saw that, i was "oh f*****************ck.........'
Kuroko's been watching re-runs of Rambo, i see.

And did anyone else notice that Misaka started and ended the series with the same line? (though Misaka only had the second line of the series. First line was a random passer-by's comment iirc)
Old 2010-03-20, 03:12   Link #50
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I am giving this a 10/10 simply because it was the best final episode Railgun could have done. Bearing similarities to Shakugan no Shana II's final episode, both did not reverse what I thought are now "permanent damages," but they ended the series as best as they could do. Therefore, full props.

And seriously, Mikoto was the best person to have been in the roof-of-car ordeal. For any other person, I would have said it was too unrealistic and the person on top would fall off when Kiyama "dodges," but at least Mikoto have her "Static" ability so it wasn't just mere luck that got them to the end. They could have done something stupid that completely defies the laws of physics (I mean, esper), but they didn't, so that was great.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 03:36   Link #51
McMilk
*Artist

Great action, great animation, corny end... but I guess we can't say much about that, considering they didn't follow the novel. So, all in all, 10/10!

Oh, the best part of the fight IMO was when Mikoto called for Kuroko and she instantly appeared. I thought that was really cute
Old 2010-03-20, 04:52   Link #52
tsunade666

the great part will be the big railgun firing against the knightmare frame of telestina.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 05:28   Link #53
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Lol @ "Who says I can only use coins for Railgun?"
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 06:04   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ok, that was seriously AWESOME. Great animation for all those fights, this was way better than I expected. Only thing that could have made it better would be Saten hitting Telestina in the face with her bat, HARD.

I liked how the first thing Banri commented on when she woke up were Kiyama's eye bags (and she doesn't have them anymore at the end)

Alright, time to read the manga now, and hope for a second season.
Old 2010-03-20, 07:24   Link #55
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
*Watches episode now -*

Wooo Kongou pwnageeee, yeaaaaaaaa. Lol @ Kuroko's terminator rack of needles.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 07:48   Link #56
AlitY

Really good episode felt a bit rushed with the story but contained plenty of action im gonna really miss the series just hoping for a second season of index now, prehaps the will announce it in one of those special episodes. Overall for the series 8/10 really enjoyed it last episode got a 9/10 for me.
AlitY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 08:48   Link #57
asrielchase

come here just to say how much i'll be missing this series. 10/10 for the great finale, already watched it twice. Love the part where we finally see Kongo using her ability (and kicking major asses)

Hope they'll be announcing a second season, or at least please please give me an OVA on the Railgun spin-off novel please??
asrielchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 08:48   Link #58
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Most condensed finale ever. Are they on a budget or what?

And Biribiri's extended duration railgun.......lame but cool! Wish she used it more often.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 08:54   Link #59
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wait, when was the end of the Railgun anime? Can someone double check that it is August 13?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 09:50   Link #60
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I found it awkward

Spoiler:
She's not dead. She was detained and being interrogated. That's what the phone call Kuroko received near the end was about.

I thought this episode was epic and a nice conclusion to a very good show.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote