AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2011-04-11, 02:20   Link #521
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ohana saying maybe she should flirt around like he mom then Toru shows up. That's foreshadowing to me.
Yes and that feeling increases since Ohana's first impression of Tohru is bad, just like it happened with her grandmother. In addition, Ohana says she's not too fond of both of them (in different moments of the episode), but since it's kinda a given that she'll eventually get in good terms with her grandma, then...

And that certainly was a surprising way to end the episode. I was kinda sure whatever got lost in the room cleaning wouldn't have been lost forever, and the novelist was also kinda fishy. But to think it would come to that.

Random seiyuu note for anyone who's watched Mayoi Neko Overrun!, how many times Itou Kanae as Fumino told people to die (even multiple times, from twice to.. 10000) in that series? Now she's the one being costantly told to die. Payback, divine retribution?
Old 2011-04-11, 02:26   Link #522
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I wonder if Granny knows the author from somewhere... like if he was an admirer of Ohana's mother from some time in the past.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 04:26   Link #523
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

so...who is the BEST MOM EVER now?
matsumae satsuki or ushiromiya rosa?

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 04:58   Link #524
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Episode 2 freebies:

and remember that chibi Ohana is watching you!

Old 2011-04-11, 05:06   Link #525
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@Pelly

Claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Spoiler:
We’re talking patenting. The way is utterly irrelevant, all that’s important is the result. Everyone grows up differently and in a different environment. The fact of the matter is Ohana didn’t grow up into a spoiled brat, or with some kind of personality problem, so you’ll need more then one “I couldn’t make it to school” to prove there were issues. Be it intentional or not, doesn’t change the fact she grew up well, so job well done there.

Now her personality (if she’s good as a person) is a whole different topic. Same logic applies to grandma really, she’s acting as a good “parent” in her own way, but she’s kinda crappy as a old lady.
Old 2011-04-11, 05:15   Link #526
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
I kind of understand how loan shark works. But They are not blood related to that guy at all. So what the worse they can do?
They can do whatever they felt they could get away with doing to the boyfriend to Ohana and her mom.

You seem to be having conceptual difficulty in understanding that these are criminals, if this is actually a loan shark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
I mean are they actually kidnapping Ohana and her mother, then selling them in the black market or the like? Really, I just dont understand why the mother has to run away in this case.
Well that certainly would have been a dramatic plot line

But as I said. Whatever collection methods they were planning to use on the boyfriend could have been applied to them. Such as sending the collection dudes to harass them day and night. Ohana's mom being a writer DOES have a source of income.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
I'm also supporting the eventual Tooru/Minko shipping, which I'm 99% sure will develop. Minko could seriously use some "dere" .
Made rather awkward depending on what kind of things Taro (novelist) has written about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
[spoiler=Ep 2]- at least we know it wasn't teen pregnancy, since if Satsuki is 38 she would have had Ohana at 22.
OTOH, being 68, Sui would have had Satsuki at 30. So it seems she waited awhile before having kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I get the vide that Minko has a crush on the asistant chef.
Hmmmm, that's possible. Would explain why she got so defensive when Iroha criticized him.

Wait and see.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 05:51   Link #527
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Spoiler for Speculation about how it might end:
If they want to fall into a tear-jerker cliche, they can always do the "anyone who raised a daughter like Ohana can't really be a screw-up" ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Episode 2 freebies:
Stolen, thanks!
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 06:26   Link #528
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

A good and solid episode. This episode shows good progression of Ohana's relationship with the other supporting characters, and raised a cliff-hanger at the ending.

another thumbs up to the great animation and art
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 06:43   Link #529
killer3000ad

Spoiler:

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2011-04-13 at 12:38.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 06:52   Link #530
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ep 2 ending:
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 06:54   Link #531
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix
We’re talking patenting. The way is utterly irrelevant, all that’s important is the result. Everyone grows up differently and in a different environment. The fact of the matter is Ohana didn’t grow up into a spoiled brat, or with some kind of personality problem, so you’ll need more then one “I couldn’t make it to school” to prove there were issues. Be it intentional or not, doesn’t change the fact she grew up well, so job well done there.
But the result itself is a "miracle". Kids usually do look at their parents and aim to be like them, and suffer heavy influence from the enviorement they are raised in. Yet, Ohana openly admits that her mother "isn't really someone to look up to", and from what we were shown, it's easy to assume they didn't have the most peaceful mother/daughter relationship out there. The idea that the show seems to pass right now isn't of "she didn't get there that day", and more like "she never really went, not even once, that was just another example".

Mum probably isn't a horrible/loathsome person, but she clearly has her own issues and isn't at all what I'd consider a "good parent". What we got of her she seems to be very irresponsible and quite self-centered, too. Ohana also went to live with her grandmother thinking that it might even be a good thing. I wouldn't like to abandon my parents like that, and I'm sure I'd protest against such a drastic decision should it happen to me, because I care about them. To me, Ohana simply doesn't feel the affection a daughter usually has for her parents, and Satsuki probably knows that, seeing as Ohana isn't the type to beat around the bush. Like you said, hate might be too strong a word, but there doesn't seem to be any special relation between the two here, not so far at least.
Old 2011-04-11, 07:09   Link #532
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Yes. And the fact that they would even try to coerce him into revealing that kind of information suggests that he did NOT take a loan from nice people.

I'm wondering if this will become an issue later.
I got the impression that the boyfriend signed for her, such that she is cosigned, as far as the loan sharks care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
with 24 episodes still left,
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
they do have 26 eps to work with.
No way! This is 2-cour?! Best. News. Ever. The two shows I like most this season (so far) are 2-cour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Random seiyuu note for anyone who's watched Mayoi Neko Overrun!, how many times Itou Kanae as Fumino told people to die (even multiple times, from twice to.. 10000) in that series? Now she's the one being costantly told to die. Payback, divine retribution?
This character is far more like her role in Sora no Manimani (mostly thinking about one word: earnestness), so I was more thinking about that connection than the one you mentioned. Interestingly enough, in every show she's been in, she's voiced a character I've been fond of.

OP/ED: OP has a really terrible first 10 seconds, then settles into something rather good. The ED is better, though.
Old 2011-04-11, 07:15   Link #533
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
But the result itself is a "miracle". Kids usually do look at their parents and aim to be like them, and suffer heavy influence from the enviorement they are raised in. Yet, Ohana openly admits that her mother "isn't really someone to look up to", and from what we were shown, it's easy to assume they didn't have the most peaceful mother/daughter relationship out there. The idea that the show seems to pass right now isn't of "she didn't get there that day", and more like "she never really went, not even once, that was just another example".
I got the opposite impression from the start of episode one. They seemed pretty comfortable around each other having a conversation about about storks and stuff and joking around.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 07:20   Link #534
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I got the opposite impression from the start of episode one. They seemed pretty comfortable around each other having a conversation about about storks and stuff and joking around.
I think that was more of a used to each other. Ohana knew that her mother wouldn't do anything like come to Parent Day, so she stopped expecting it. Just because she's used to it doesn't mean she likes it.

Now, that may mean that their relationship got more peaceful once Ohana matured enough to make that determination and decision. However, it seems likely, given what we saw in episode two, that this 'getting used to' thing was a recent development as of episode one's interactions between the two.
Old 2011-04-11, 07:32   Link #535
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Ohana seemed pretty apathetic if you asked me. You don't have to be yelling and screaming with a parental figure to have problematic relationships with them.

As Spawnofthejudge said, she seems to have accepted that her mom is someone she can't rely on.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 07:48   Link #536
zero7090

Quote:
when your children stop relying on you, something is surely wrong.
when your children loose faith in you, you are definitely wrong.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 07:57   Link #537
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 08:03   Link #538
Wakan Tanka

@ KiNA

Yari...Yari...
Old 2011-04-11, 08:04   Link #539
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post

Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 08:17   Link #540
Wakan Tanka

The cook that Ohana was with in war mentioned something about her biceps....how did he know? I bet that he read the craft.

Tags
comedy, coming of age, drama, p.a. works, pa works, romance, slice of life