AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 26 21.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 24.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 29.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-05, 15:47   Link #21
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I really don't understand how these two adaptations can be even in the same stratosphere, but that's probably because I played the FsN game.
You really can't blame him/her since a lot of people are first introduced to the awesomeness of Fate universe by that F/SN anime. So, they must have some soft spot for it. Also, from Fate-newbies' perspective, it's not that bad of an anime (if not good).

Good episode, btw.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:04   Link #22
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibipicpic View Post
A very small thing, in that Gil/Kirei conversation. "Pleasure" would have made more sense than "joy," especially since Kirei was saying that it's sinful. Joy isn't much of a sin. Pleasure, to him, is. What was it translated to in other languages?
We got "volupté" in french,which translates into pleasure in english.And though it might just be me but that word has a more sinful conotation than "plaisir" which also means pleasure.So its seems the french translator did a good job.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:36   Link #23
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Irisviel's driving skill is every bit as epic as i thought it would be.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:44   Link #24
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibipicpic View Post
A very small thing, in that Gil/Kirei conversation. "Pleasure" would have made more sense than "joy," especially since Kirei was saying that it's sinful. Joy isn't much of a sin. Pleasure, to him, is. What was it translated to in other languages?
Joy should be correct though, that's also why Gil was like "Why draw a connection between joy and sin?". Haven't taken a look at the German translation since the first episode (they translated sniper as "Eyeglasses rifle" which is a nice description but... you know what ensued XDDDD) but it was translated as "joy" there as well.

Thought the hotel scene and confrontation afterwards felt a bit blemished but overall the episode was very enjoyable, especially the Kirei/Gil talk at the end :3
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 17:06   Link #25
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You really can't blame him/her since a lot of people are first introduced to the awesomeness of Fate universe by that F/SN anime. So, they must have some soft spot for it. Also, from Fate-newbies' perspective, it's not that bad of an anime (if not good).

Good episode, btw.
Well, my first contact with Fate was with the tv series and I nearly slept with it. Guess I'm strange...
And I almost slept with this episode as well.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 17:16   Link #26
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I was worried about two things, the torture scene (which either they didn't bother to put in in the first place or censored it completely...if you're feeling super morbid, go read the scene on Baka Tsuki. This episode is the start of vol 2) and being able to pare down the conversation with Gilgamesh and Kirei. They have interesting conversations, which sets up everything very well for their relationship later on, but they can get boring since they are also the most philosophical. I think they handled it very well. I also like that this conversation showed a different side of Gilgamesh, that he actually can talk to someone without constantly saying that they're not fit to be in his presence.
It's been confirmed that we will get uncensored Cater and extended Kirei-Gil conversations in the DVD/Blu-ray releases.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 17:42   Link #27
Cyz
"Show it to me"

That's called knocking with style. Kuritsugu knows how to use conventional methods and doesn't even need fancy magic stuffs to do it. Caster is well, as usual messed up in every way possible. All in all, nothing really much going for this episode. I did enjoy seeing Irisveil's driving skills. Can't believe she treats the car for a toy. I wonder if she was driving a sports car back at the castle?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 17:48   Link #28
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

*watches paint dry instead*
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 17:57   Link #29
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

/me starts wondering what do kids do in their narrative and literature classes nowadays anyway.

Anyway, it's a good breather episode. It did a good job in contrasting the differences between the magus side of the war and the servant side of the war. It reminds us that it's not just a strongest take all Pokemon battle, but a chess board with traps and counter traps and spanner in the works all over the place. The contrast is just fantastic.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 18:24   Link #30
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It's been confirmed that we will get uncensored Cater and extended Kirei-Gil conversations in the DVD/Blu-ray releases.
Was just about to ask about that. Can't wait to see what twisted stuff those two were doing.

Anyways the episode was a talkative episode. No complaints by me as I find character interaction to be just as enjoyable as fight scenes. That last interaction between Gilgamesh and Kotomine was pretty stellar and I would never imagined someone like Gilgamesh having a steady conversation with anyone.

As for Iri's driving; pretty beast.

All around another great episode.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 18:37   Link #31
matapat

Quote:
/me starts wondering what do kids do in their narrative and literature classes nowadays anyway.
Same, this episode had a touch of action in it and I found it to be a nice breather after the Saber/Lancer/Berserker/Archer/Rider mini battle royale of the previous two episodes.

The censoring of the torture scene probably went a little too far in leaving it to the imagination and came off as tame in the process. But I loved the Gilgamesh/Kotomine scene at the end. The one thing that irked me about the two FS/N adaptations is Kotomine getting no characterization other than "HEY I'M EEEEEEEEVVVVILLLL!" because all his character development occured in Heaven's Feel, the one route not animated. Seeing the beginnings of the character he would become in the main game here is awesome.

And Iris driving at the beginning was amazing, she should be an unlockable character in an Initial D game or something.
matapat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 18:58   Link #32
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
/It did a good job in contrasting the differences between the magus side of the war and the servant side of the war. It reminds us that it's not just a strongest take all Pokemon battle, but a chess board with traps and counter traps and spanner in the works all over the place.
So it's a massive Yu-Gi-Oh Duel then.

Anyways, I enjoyed it. Gave us more insight to the characters and began to set up things for a 6 on 1 battle, which I'm interested in seeing how will turn out.

One question though, if it's not too much of a spoiler. How does having two Masters work out? I know Kayneth got the command seals whereas the woman working with him doesn't have any and that she also supplies Lancer with prana, but is that it?

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 19:26   Link #33
kitten320

So Caster thinks that Saber is Jeanna D'ark? Can't balem him, I also thought so at first and I still believe that Jeanna D'ark would work far better than Arturia especially when everyone can tell tha she is a woman =/

Gilgamesh in normal clothing, yay! Didn't think that he would take his armor off. He really should meet with servants less because the less he sees them the more normal he seems to be.
Old 2011-11-05, 19:33   Link #34
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Caster is a total head case. Still don't get why he thinks Saber is Jeanne D'Arc?
Here's why (from the cancelled Fate/Apocrypha materials)
Spoiler for Joan in Fateverse:

I thought this episode, while good, had a very weird structure/pacing - wtf @ putting 7 minutes of talking at the end of an episode... It started good, had a good middle and then ended with a whimper (no matter how interesting that dialogue would seem it was no way to end an episode).

It's a shame there was so much censorship in the Ryuunosuke scene too but OH WELL what can we do but wait for teh Blu Rayz...

Oh yea, holy fuck at "the Root" being all the rage in a type moon related work again. INB4 Kotomine=Araya.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 19:39   Link #35
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Oh yea, holy fuck at "the Root" being all the rage in a type moon related work again. INB4 Kotomine=Araya.
it is the same universe and Tokomi is the only one who wants to reach the Root. Kotomine has already state he has no desires which is why he is confuse why the grail would choose him as one of the masters.
Old 2011-11-05, 20:10   Link #36
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
One question though, if it's not too much of a spoiler. How does having two Masters work out? I know Kayneth got the command seals whereas the woman working with him doesn't have any and that she also supplies Lancer with prana, but is that it?
Pretty much, it just means Kayneth doesn't have to worry about prana supplying like other masters would so he can be more active with magic which like Sola belittles him for this episode, he didn't do at all during Lancer and Saber's fight.

I really enjoyed that part too, Sola belittling him, Kayneth bragging about his twenty four floors of protection and then Kiritsugu blowing out the building's foundations.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 20:21   Link #37
~The Radiant Protector~

Ah, so if Kayneth dies then the Command Seals wouldn't switch to her?

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2011-11-05, 20:22   Link #38
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Ah, so if Kayneth dies then the Command Seals wouldn't switch to her?
Not automatically

Lancer would have to make contract within the remaining time he has left.
Old 2011-11-05, 20:34   Link #39
~The Radiant Protector~

Thanks! I wasn't sure since she's he's second Master.

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2011-11-05, 20:51   Link #40
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
That's called knocking with style. Kuritsugu knows how to use conventional methods and doesn't even need fancy magic stuffs to do it. Caster is well, as usual messed up in every way possible. All in all, nothing really much going for this episode. I did enjoy seeing Irisveil's driving skills. Can't believe she treats the car for a toy. I wonder if she was driving a sports car back at the castle?
I have to admit it was hilarious watching archibald talking about how awesome and perfect his defences were and then to have the Mage Killer simply bypass all that by blowing up the entire hotel.

All that work for nothing.

BTW why are the characters in Fate Zero obsessed with walking around the people their talking to?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote