AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 122 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 19.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-28, 02:31   Link #41
Arlenis
Of Lights

How..........positively wretched. Can anyone answer the other numbers of my previous post?
Old 2011-12-28, 06:04   Link #42
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
1.) Really. If she doesn't sprout new prongs repeatedly to keep up doing that even MORE blitz powered technique, then her form is flawed.

2.) Her form is further flawed if it awakened into a winged state that hinders her via wings that needed to be removed to reach full power.
1) Odds are she can produce more, she wouldn't be the first AB capable of producing projectiles (Isley, Dauf) from their own body.

2) She wanted the ability to fly, hence why she gave herself wings, but she realized that she was far slower in the air, so she decided to just get rid of them since they were only a hindrance.

Basically, she desired something that wasn't optimal for combat, and realized they were useless to her.
Old 2011-12-28, 10:14   Link #43
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Dealing with painters over at my house atm... so not much time to talk.

All I'll saw before I read a translation about the chapter is... I'm just glad Hysteria lost those ugly wings Her design is now somewhat better. & I'm withholding a rant about Deneve's kinda head hit just being a lame way to step up the action without killing anyone... I mean only Priscilla tops her regeneration ability and she received worse head hits too. Worse yet Yuma and Cynthia, especially as a healing tag team, can patch everyone up until Miria can rejoin the fight and Tabitha can attack Hysteria from behind at a key moment with her masked yoki aura and kill her or weaken her enough to last until Priscilla arrives or the winner of the Cassandra/Roxanne fight steps in to claim the title of sole ZAO

As to previous posts what I'll say is I agree with fraktur about the power levels and Gooral being wrong on that point... It's now beyond any doubt that Yagi is saying these characters do get stronger (even the non-partially awakened) with time, training, and good team work... I feel those whom disagree with that are just upset about the reason they liked the series turns out to have been wrong (however Renee pretty much hinted that this was to be the case 40 chapters ago and the ghosts 20 chapters before that after there training in the north, so people need to just deal with it).

However I do agree with Gooral about no one dying and the lame wounds as boring as hell and them being just over the top but having the feeling that plot armor still exists... I mean even Nike is likely to survive and her point in the plot is what again? (<rhetorical question) Though I was prepared for this since nothing ever happens in the February issue (this chapter) due to the shortened chapter (I was just expecting Roxanne vs Cassandra and a page or two of Hysteria vs ghosts instead). I just hoping something happens next issue to at least suspend my disbelief in the ghost and friends plot armor... likely meaning I want someone to die but I suppose Yagi could pull this off another way.

I do agree with others stating that many of the past dead characters where clearly characters written to die (and just built to seem like important characters until that moment), however I also agree I want some of those type of characters in the plot now. Sadly my belief of them existing in the current plot is fading fast.

Spoiler for Found on Baidu:
Old 2011-12-28, 10:51   Link #44
Gooral
Banned

We're not the only ones disappointed with current arc. Here's this issue Jump Square table of contents (it's based on one or two issues earlier), where the order the series appears in on the ToC is closely related to the popularity of the series which is determined by polling the readers (there is a polling postcard in every issue of Jump Square) and Claymore is on the bottom. Credit goes to Kaiten for explanation what TOC is and to Negative Syndicate for the list. Both residing at MH.

Quote:
February Issue:
Shin Tennis no Oujisama (Cover, Lead CP)
Houkago no Oujisama
Binbougami ga!
Boku no Manga
Embalming
1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi (CP, New Series)
Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!
Kakkokawaii Sengen!
Hasebe-san no iru Yakyuubu
Ao no Exorcist (CP)
Kiwaa Kiwa! Girls Collection (One Shot)
To Love-Ru Darkness
Gag Manga Biyori
Kopan no Daibouken (CP, One Shot)
Shonbori Onsen
Rosario to Vampire seasonII
Gate 7
D.Gray-man
Luck Stealer (End)
Parman no Jounetsuteki na Hibi
Tegami Bachi
Claymore
Hanimero。
Boku to Majo no Jikan (CP)
Kure-nai
Karakuridouji Ultimo (Move to SQ.19)
Gekka Bijin (End)
Old 2011-12-28, 10:56   Link #45
BleachFan2010

Looking forward to the translated version, i dint really like Hysteria's awakened form last chapter but i love it now and i dont know why but i have a feeling that some ghosts will Awaken in this fight.

And another thing how is Deneve still alive, i know shes great at regeneration, but judging from her wound's shes probably lost a lung a lot of blood and her head has lost a little portion :S
Old 2011-12-28, 11:04   Link #46
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^ awakening is a good way to remove the feeling of plot armor without killing people just yet... don't think it will happen ... but if it does I could be really good even after the whole we won't let you awaken Miria talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
We're not the only ones disappointed with current arc. Here's this issue Jump Square table of contents (it's based on one or two issues earlier), where the order the series appears in on the ToC is closely related to the popularity of the series which is determined by polling the readers (there is a polling postcard in every issue of Jump Square) and Claymore is on the bottom. Credit goes to Kaiten for explanation what TOC is and to Negative Syndicate for the list. Both residing at MH.
Is that a poll from last chapter? I must say that most events after ch 105 have been disappointing (though you and me will just have to disagree on Miria's retun since I loved it and you... didn't ), so I can see why this is the case. I just hope Yagi gets the hint... innocent people need to die (<and it must be cry worthy stuff ) and we need more Roxanne/Cassandra (in human form, fighting each other totally naked after they've depleted all their yoki for an entire chapter (a few panels just won't do it)). Then, and likely only then, will Claymore be at the top of the list where it belongs
Old 2011-12-28, 11:09   Link #47
Gooral
Banned

I'm not sure, it might be 2 issues or even 4 issues back but I doubt it's more. In Weekly Shounen Jump these TOCs are 8 weeks behind so that means two months but I'm not sure that for Jump SQ the interval is the same. One thing is certain, in the latest poll Claymore did very badly. Whether it was chapter 118, 119, 120 or 121 I'm not sure (probably lower than 121 though). I wouldn't be surprised if it was the one with Miria using her mouth (120?).
Old 2011-12-28, 11:12   Link #48
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I'm not sure, it might be 2 issues or even 4 issues back but I doubt it's more. In Weekly Shounen Jump these TOCs are 8 weeks behind so that means two months but I'm not sure that for Jump SQ the interval is the same. One thing is certain, in the latest poll Claymore did very badly. Whether it was chapter 118, 119, 120 or 121 I'm not sure (probably lower than 121 though). I wouldn't be surprised if it was the one with Miria using her mouth (120?).
Neither would I... I'm sorry but I despise One Piece for that (no offense fans of OP... but it is very stupid) and it felt even dumber in Claymore
Old 2011-12-28, 11:43   Link #49
Gooral
Banned

BTW, does anyone else find the choice of characters (and the order) shown on official Claymore page interesting?

Old 2011-12-28, 11:50   Link #50
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
BTW, does anyone else find the choice of characters (and the order) shown on official Claymore page interesting?

What about them is so interesting? it just shows the main characters, and those who have been in the recent chapters. You have Clare first as a main character, then Miria, Deneve, and Helen. Although I am surprised that Raki is so far down. But then again so is Yuma. Poor Yuma.

I can't believe that Clarice is before Raki, Cynthia, or Yuma either.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-28, 12:00   Link #51
Gooral
Banned

For one there are such randoms there like Nike or Anastasia, there is also Raftela who appeared in 3 chapters only but Dae isn't here. Secondly, first four characters are the most important ones (the ones who appear in most chapters) and Clarice is in a row with Priscilla, Teresa and Galatea who I think are much more important than her at the moment. I doubt it's random though. There are some dead characters here, including Alicia and Beth but Irene or Ophelia or even Duff weren't included even though they were more important to the story than these twins who have shown a sign of character only moments before they died. There is also Renee who is a complete random if she's dead and I wouldn't see any point in including her unless she had some use later. If I would analyze it further I would probably notice some more "patterns" although it could be my imagination working. Nonetheless I find the choice of characters interesting, even if it was like you said (i.e. they're just most distinctive characters from recent chapters).
Old 2011-12-28, 12:59   Link #52
haegar
mangaviking

mixed feelings on the chap: lacking the full text I'll refrain from saying too much yet, though the things some of you kindly translated indicated some interesting background info on awakening....

As for the way the fight goes, I felt it was unrealistic nobody important died over the last chaps yet, so that nobody died this chap either is kinda lame - although it seems Hysteria is so much stronger that deaths ought to be imminent next chap - if however this turns out to be false, and we get some halfassed twist or multiple ghost plotarmors getting them through this unscathed I shall be greately disapointed. For now I am willing to take the way Hysteria handled them with ease despite still settling into her new form as a hint things are gonna get bloody and deadly with the next chapter...

I liked how the ghosts were made to shine a bit and yet couldn't do squat - and I do hope Miria's face last panel might indicate she decides to awaken williingly despite the others trying to save her from exactly that choice - after all Hysteria just kindly handed her some crucial info on how to make her awakening count (or so it seems?)...

atm I'd rate some 6 or 7, simply because I am so enormously relieved Yagi did not have the ghosts fight her on level which would have been ridicolous in the extreme - then again: despite the awakening info it might very well be a (short) fight only chapter - which basically drags things out unneccessarily and might end in a troll moment if everybody is saved in following chaps - if all this back and forth between seemingly being in trouble and being saved finally ends in pieta style harsh realism carnage this might still work out - considering the ratings I do hope he has the balls to return to his old way of handling the main cast and refrains from being unduely soft on his cast - being soft wont get him more readers, and its actually a good thing polls reflect that...
Old 2011-12-28, 17:46   Link #53
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Raftela who appeared in 3 chapters only
Wrong, Raphaela has been in 8 chapters not even including her time as the destroyer and/or hellcats and since chapter 93 has become merged with Clare... mysteriously that same chapter Clare's breasts got larger, clearly she deserves her high placement on the list due to that alone

Let's not forget her character is literally a parrell to Clare's horrible life... and she has this whole secret she was unable to tell Clare before they merged. She has a large role to come even still clearly, even if it only ammounts to 3 lines worth of text it will change everything for Clare.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-12-28 at 18:01.
Old 2011-12-28, 18:06   Link #54
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Raftela who appeared in 3 chapters only
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Wrong, Raphaela has been in 8 chapters not even including her time as the destroyer and/or hellcats and since chapter 93 has become merged with Clare... mysteriously that same chapter Clare's breasts got larger, clearly she deserves her high placement on the list due to that alone
Raftela Raphaela

I think that you guys might be talking about different people.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-28, 18:10   Link #55
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Raphaela[...] since chapter 93 has become merged with Clare... mysteriously that same chapter Clare's breasts got larger
Quote:
and she has this whole secret she was unable to tell Clare before they merged.
thank you, now I see it, the big secret was the breast expansion upon merge
Old 2011-12-28, 18:15   Link #56
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
since chapter 93 has become merged with Clare... mysteriously that same chapter Clare's breasts got larger
That's lucky for Raki

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-28, 20:08   Link #57
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Still no translations? Wow, I thought this thread would have three times the amount of posts by now.

At least we got the chinese scanlation so we can see bigger images now....only two things really come to mind now, at this moment - One, I'm with Gooral in that I found it a little funny how the healing sort of has the healer's hand floating in mid-air like that like in Star Wars - I guess it was hard to tell with Yuma, but I thought the hand was physically on the person's body.

And, even with bigger images, I still don't get the characters.....in other words, how they are litterally standing in mid-air -- I'm guessing Anastasia's 'hair' is the answer, as has been said before, but I just can't get over how weird it looks like. It would be so much better if we could at least see the hair so we can understand when it's taking place, but I guess that's part of the technique and why it's so useful.

Nothing really else I can say....I wish I had translations, but right now, their's little I feel I can comment on; It is interesting how their awakened forms are apparently "flawed" or incomplete as people say....given the nature of their rebirth and subsequent forced-awakening, it would make perfect sense that what we see, isn't their "true" form -- I think I've said it before, but it could be an excuse for Yagi to cover their less-then-popular appearances in that we haven't seen how they "really" look like.
Old 2011-12-28, 20:48   Link #58
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Still no translations? Wow, I thought this thread would have three times the amount of posts by now.
guess nobody expected things to be so early...
Old 2011-12-28, 21:38   Link #59
TheKickInside
sidewalk safari

Interesting how Hysteria is now ripping away at her own body to use it as means of fighting, something she was disgusted at Miria for. Do you think she's faster than Priscilla?
Old 2011-12-28, 21:47   Link #60
Arlenis
Of Lights

I mean.....her form is flawed and thus needs to be modified. That sucks because I thought one should/would/does awaken into what is optimally primed for survival and full potential of combat. I DO however believe she is faster than Priscilla.