AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 23:12   Link #9661
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yes, Kumagawa should never meet with Adam Blade...

Ok so...things about the chapter...

First of, EmukaexZen is pretty much dead (as well as Zenxanyone other than Medaka) though we pretty much figured that already for a while (fanfics it is then!)

While I don't get Zen's rejection (the unnecessary seppuku) I do at least like the fact that he states what he likes so openly and outright rejects any other girl despite actually being able of getting a harem (as opposed to...some Rom, romcom and harem characters we know...)

So...Kuma was banking on having Emukae fall for him afterward? huh...

The suitor chick tried really hard to make herself look like a bitch didn't she? Guess she's what Medaka would have turned out as if she weren't nice and met Zen...personality wise.

Another language user who's moves are all pretty confusing to me...then again I can't read Japanese so...yea...I'll just nod and smile...

And finally...Kumagawa owning her was predictable since he appeared last chapter, some people were predicting the council to regroup and team up against her but you just know that if Kumagawa shows up then he'll pretty much take over the show.
Though I did like the way he beat her, I mean...it's always cool to see him use something other than All Fiction in a fight and I always loved Bookmaker. It's pretty OP by itself though it depends on who it is used on and the suitor just seemed pretty much defeated once her superiority vanished. I liked that Nishio played her as super strong but also incredibly arrogant which makes the fact that she was psychologically broken by Bookmaker taking her superiority much more believable.

Overall...eehhh...can't say I'm very happy with the chapter, though a bit more than last chapter. I still believe that Kumagawa showing up now wasn't the best of ideas...but meh.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:14   Link #9662
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
So...Kuma was banking on having Emukae fall for him afterward? huh...
It still might happen.

Edit: Rand, he probably used All-Fiction to reduce the 'time' between his movements to nothing. It's doubtful someone 'weak' like him could severly blitz the strongest suitor like that otherwise.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:21   Link #9663
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
It still might happen.
I just hope it's not something that happens right now...maybe show us later that she started liking him but snapping from Zen to Kuma like that seems pretty stupid.

Quote:
Edit: Rand, he probably used All-Fiction to reduce the 'time' between his movements to nothing. It's doubtful someone 'weak' like him could severly blitz the strongest suitor like that otherwise.
Eh...probably, but the fact that he beat her with Bookmaker is what I thought was cool about the fight.
Old 2012-06-20, 23:24   Link #9664
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

This chapter reminded me of why I liked Kumagawa to begin with, and that was a good thing. It's also a good thing that Nisio wrapped up Zen and Emukae so quickly rather than drag it out forever... and speaking from my own shipping perspective, I'm glad that Kikaijima appeared as part of Kumagawa's harem. At least she's not being completely ignored.

Still I'm... kind of wondering what direction this can go in now that we have a Joker again.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:24   Link #9665
Wolfenstein

Quote:
I just hope it's not something that happens right now...maybe show us later that she started liking him but snapping from Zen to Kuma like that seems pretty stupid.

Eh...probably, but the fact that he beat her with Bookmaker is what I thought was cool about the fight.
I agree on both accounts. Kumagawa definitely redeemed some parts of this whole ordeal, but since most people don't really like Medaka to begin with, Nishio knows he's not really giving the majority of the readers what they want.

I can also appreciate the fact that Nishio isn't going to drag Emukae's character around if she has no shot, but the better option would've been ditching Medaka after some long development when the BWF is resolved. Sadly, this chapter pretty much set in stone: Medaka is untouchable.

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2012-06-20 at 23:37.
Old 2012-06-20, 23:39   Link #9666
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I agree on both accounts. Kumagawa definitely redeemed some parts of this whole ordeal, but since most people don't really like Medaka to begin with, Nishio knows he's not really giving the majority of the readers what they want.

I can also appreciate the fact that Nishio isn't going to drag Emukae's character around if she has no shot, but the better option would've been ditching Medaka after some long development when the BWF is resolved. Sadly, this chapter pretty much set in stone, Medaka is untouchable.
We'll always have fanfics

Not my favorite pick of final girl but happy that Zen is being assertive about the whole thing. Tired of main characters who say they like someone but go all derp the second another girl so much as looks at them.
And yes it's pretty much set in stone that Zen will only have eyes for Medaka...now watch Nishio troll us and have Medaka reject him and fall for another xD
Old 2012-06-20, 23:41   Link #9667
Wolfenstein

Bwahahahaha. Yea.

It would've been better if Zenkichi thought he could give Emukae a chance, but at least Nishio's being upfront about no-one else having a chance and resolving that. And that's a good thing.

But yes. Prepare for the immeninet troll that will no doubt come.
Old 2012-06-20, 23:44   Link #9668
Sarun

Quote:
And, really, not to anyone out of the anime world. Is there a single Medaka Box fan out there(generalizing~) who likes Medaka above the other girls? They're so much superior.
You know quite well now that there are probably quite a few even in this thread.

Heck, I think most people who voted her in last 2 polls most probably like her above other girls.
Old 2012-06-20, 23:51   Link #9669
Wolfenstein

No, I seriously don't. And even If I knew, I wouldn't be able to understand it.

And, personally, I don't really count the 900~1000 subscribers of Shounen Jump. Unfortunately, Japan wouldn't really know much quality if it bit them in the face. They mostly go for the fanservice. Which, is their reason for liking a character, so more power to them.

Even now Medaka continues to be an unliked/unlikeable character that still very much borders on Mary Sue. To me, and I'd probably wager the majority of the fanbase, though that's mostly guesswork from where I've been around. I'm sure, someone, somewhere, maybe even here, likes her just fine. But you can't really tell me she's a decently liked character around the entire international community.
Old 2012-06-21, 00:00   Link #9670
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Somebody just got screwed.... by mistake, yeah.
but it wasn't his fault

Quote:
Bwahahahaha. Yea.

It would've been better if Zenkichi thought he could give Emukae a chance, but at least Nishio's being upfront about no-one else having a chance and resolving that. And that's a good thing.

But yes. Prepare for the immeninet troll that will no doubt come.
Zenchi confess, Medaka turns him down
Old 2012-06-21, 00:02   Link #9671
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Zenchi confess, Medaka turns him down
It will probably be for the most trivial of reasons too.
Old 2012-06-21, 00:02   Link #9672
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
It will probably be for the most trivial of reasons too.
It would be a bit of an ironic reversal, given how Zen turned Medaka down as a kid. Does he remember that little bit now, though?
Old 2012-06-21, 00:06   Link #9673
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The fact he pretty much will never actually love someone else. That was unknown to us.

And, really, not to anyone out of the anime world. Is there a single Medaka Box fan out there(generalizing~) who likes Medaka above the other girls? They're so much superior.
Medaka is my favourite female character, so there.

Quote:
No, I seriously don't. And even If I knew, I wouldn't be able to understand it.

And, personally, I don't really count the 900~1000 subscribers of Shounen Jump. Unfortunately, Japan wouldn't really know much quality if it bit them in the face. They mostly go for the fanservice. Which, is their reason for liking a character, so more power to them.
Yeah, so insulting an entire country is so sensible...

Quote:
Even now Medaka continues to be an unliked/unlikeable character that still very much borders on Mary Sue. To me, and I'd probably wager the majority of the fanbase, though that's mostly guesswork from where I've been around. I'm sure, someone, somewhere, maybe even here, likes her just fine. But you can't really tell me she's a decently liked character around the entire international community.
I'm sure plenty of people like Medaka. Some people on forums DO NOT equal everyone, or even a majority.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:07   Link #9674
[HearT]

Hahah! Akatsuki made an error~ on the first page he forgot to have Emukae's hair left short xD
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:09   Link #9675
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It would be a bit of an ironic reversal, given how Zen turned Medaka down as a kid. Does he remember that little bit now, though?
Nope, he dosen't remember at all Medaka's proposal. He does remember she asked him something, though.

And you're pretty much right. If he's going for the all-out troll, It will be a reversal, no doubt. It will be ironic and will probably be for something so trivial and ordinary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape
Medaka is my favourite female character, so there.
Old 2012-06-21, 00:29   Link #9676
summers

Even though I understand what Zen did. Even though I knew what it would come to. Even though I agreed with it and wanted it to be done with. When Zen told her to come over so he can reject her epicly the first thing that came to my mind during and after was "Zen you fucking dick". Was so mad I almost wasn't able to wank to Kumugawa.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:38   Link #9677
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Even though I understand what Zen did. Even though I knew what it would come to. Even though I agreed with it and wanted it to be done with. When Zen told her to come over so he can reject her epicly the first thing that came to my mind during and after was "Zen you fucking dick". Was so mad I almost wasn't able to wank to Kumugawa.
Haha. I agree. Probably for slightly different reasons, but that kinda was a dick line. And did instill some amount of mad.

Though no Kumagawa wanking? C'mon, no matter what happens, there's always time for that.
Old 2012-06-21, 00:55   Link #9678
summers

Quote:
It still might happen.

Yeah that's what he did in 'good loser'. One of student council members commented on it. "It was like he made the time nothing" or something like that.
Old 2012-06-21, 00:57   Link #9679
summers

Quote:
Haha. I agree. Probably for slightly different reasons, but that kinda was a dick line. And did instill some amount of mad.

Though no Kumagawa wanking? C'mon, no matter what happens, there's always time for that.
LOL of course, what was I thinking.
Old 2012-06-21, 01:00   Link #9680
summers

Quote:
I was just saying that credit should be given were credit is due. Akatsuki has great art but people do sometimes forget that Nishio is "just" the author, not the artist.
Did not know that. Thought that most of the time the author is the artist as well. Never even heard of this Akatsuki fellow. Thought people were talking about Naruto.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council