Finally, something else that I found interesting:
Spoiler for Ayase:
That is awesome.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 20:49   Link #1362
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Probably not. Given that all the three main girls are adamant, and considering Kyousuke outright said that he would be confessing, it'll take quite a bit of twisting for a open end to happen. Plus, I don't recall Juusanbanme no Alice having an open end.
All the author have to do is end the series right before he confess, but give hints for all possible confessions. That would screw us reader's mind easily
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 00:52   Link #1363
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Of course, considered the author, it is possible that we will have an open end without any clear winner.
I'd rather have this than have KIrino win
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 01:23   Link #1364
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
I'd rather have this than have KIrino win
yeah, we got that. o.O

I'm still of the notion that a "Kirino win" would require some tortured forced writing and a trainwreck of the "suspension of disbelief" an author needs to maintain. I've seen that happen before (and the winner is jerked into place through a deux ex machina via poll surveys... blech).

I might believe a platonic "Kirino wins" but that's basically a non-ending as far as romance goes (like GVN describes above). In that case, the story really was primarily about two siblings repairing their relationship. We'd still be open-ended about whom Kyousuke might romance as an actual mate later.
Old 2012-09-18, 01:55   Link #1365
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm still of the notion that a "Kirino win" would require some tortured forced writing and a trainwreck of the "suspension of disbelief" an author needs to maintain. I've seen that happen before (and the winner is jerked into place through a deux ex machina via poll surveys... blech).
Spoiler for Kirino:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 09:03   Link #1366
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

I find it interesting since there are two possibilities if Kyousuke chooses Kirino.

1) They are not related blood siblings (as the game).
2) They actually are blood related, so the ending is one of "They lived together happily as family, loving each other", which I found weird since the story pretty much leads to a romantic conclusion.

So, we have Kuroneko's vision and Ayase declaration about Kirino. Both are pretty much similar. But I still can't imagine Manami's plans, and I don't think she will share Kyousuke with Kirino, so the outcome remains to be a mystery to me
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 10:05   Link #1367
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
I find it interesting since there are two possibilities if Kyousuke chooses Kirino.

1) They are not related blood siblings (as the game).
2) They actually are blood related, so the ending is one of "They lived together happily as family, loving each other", which I found weird since the story pretty much leads to a romantic conclusion.
I agree that 2 is quite cheap, while 1 is a bit plain. That is the reason I brought up the open end : the author can give hint of 2), but we will never know for sure.
Quote:
So, we have Kuroneko's vision and Ayase declaration about Kirino. Both are pretty much similar. But I still can't imagine Manami's plans, and I don't think she will share Kyousuke with Kirino, so the outcome remains to be a mystery to me
Whatever Manami's plan is, the chance she approve of Kirino's bro-con is almost non-existence. However, since a part of Kyousuke is always think of Kirino (the sis-con part), I believe that if she denied Kirino, she wil end up denied Kyousuke as well.
Old 2012-09-19, 17:09   Link #1368
Maugomale

Got a question for those who already read volume 11:

Spoiler:
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 18:41   Link #1369
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Got a question for those who already read volume 11:

Spoiler:
I didn't read volume 11 yet, but here is my idea
Spoiler for Hopefully not:
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 00:48   Link #1370
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler for Kanako:
Spoiler for Manami-Kanako Alliance:

Spoiler for Manami:

Last edited by tarajis; 2012-09-20 at 01:19.
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 09:43   Link #1371
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

From all the spoilers posted here (so I most probably wrong), I don't think Manami will be the girl Kyousuke confesses to. Because after read that if nothing went wrong back then, Kyousuke would still reject Sakurai's confession with the same reason he's rejecting her now, because he already has a girl he likes; and then in the middle of it Kyousuke was accepting Kuroneko's confession, Manami is off the list.

First, if Manami was the girl Kyousuke meant when he would reject Sakurai years ago, then why would Kyousuke was accepted Kuroneko then? Manami's position shouldn't be different, if any when Kuroneko confessed to her Manami was closer to Kyousuke than she was when Sakurai confessed, since it was Manami who changed Kyousuke attitude to love normal life.

It was Kirino's positions that different. Years ago the sibling was very close so at that time Kirino was probably the girl Kyousuke love the most. But then cold war happened, though the time Kuroneko confessed to her, Kyousuke and Kirino relationship has been gradually improved it hasn't reached the level of pre-cold war, so at that time Kyousuke could accept Kuroneko's feeling. And now after (almost?!) fully recover their bro-siscon feeling and Kyousuke himself knows Kirino likes him, it makes Kyousuke went back to reject other girls confession because Kirino is the number 1 girl for him. And he did promise (to himself, IIRC?) that he won't has girlfriend if Kirino doesn't have boyfriend first, and even then he wants to be him who confesses to the girl, not the other way around.

So, in the end I think Kirino is the end girl, Kyousuke will probably confess to her but just for the sake not crossing "the real" line, I think the story won't let him and Kirino together as a lover, but just as (really really) close sibling (so you can still have your way, Ayase!!! XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Spoiler for Manami-Kanako Alliance:
Since Kanako route was written by Fushimi himself, and I remember on the last interview/discussion for the PSP game, on one part he said he has the idea for Daisuke and Yoshino (Kousaka dad & mom) relationship/story on the past since long time ago but he hadn't have the chance to use it on the light novel so he used it on the PSP game; I think it's the opposite, he's using the discarded/unused ideas for the specific girl on the PSP game where he couldn't use those for the light novel. Or for some part further expand those already used on the PSP game to the LN with some alterations (eg: Manami as 'the last boss').

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Spoiler for Manami:
I don't know if it's written by Fushimi himself, but if it's a further hint/insight for Manami character, on her omake/bonus story when she's consulting to Daisuke, Daisuke said she is too kind it's naive. She always put others before herself, and she herself said that she wants to befriend all her love rivals for Kyousuke's affection.

So maybe when she told young Kirino to be 'normal' and forget her feeling for Kyousuke, I think she did that because she doesn't want Kyousuke and Kirino to be outcasted by other peoples for having incestuous relationship.
Old 2012-09-20, 10:07   Link #1372
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

From what I can recall, that promise was between the two of them.

And I wouldn't say Manami was that kind only because she was worried about the two of them. That could be a part, but I feel there is something more behind those acts.

If you think about it, Manami has a high influence over Kyousuke, so, why did she talk with Kirino, knowing she could react in an opposite way, instead of Kyousuke?
Or, why did she even talk about it, when the outcome was probably the worst?

I did said she's evil in joke, but I can't think about her without suspecting something more. She's a girl after all, and not a nun or something like that

Whatever the ending will be, I'd rather an ending with a couple and not an open ending with everyone living happy.
Old 2012-09-20, 10:48   Link #1373
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
From what I can recall, that promise was between the two of them.

And I wouldn't say Manami was that kind only because she was worried about the two of them. That could be a part, but I feel there is something more behind those acts.

If you think about it, Manami has a high influence over Kyousuke, so, why did she talk with Kirino, knowing she could react in an opposite way, instead of Kyousuke?
Or, why did she even talk about it, when the outcome was probably the worst?
Because she is in middle school at that time, and unable to think very far ahead? And she did talk with Kyousuke. Remeber, her advice is the reason Kyousuke turned into his current self.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:14   Link #1374
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

The talk with Kyousuke was about other matters, not about how he felt about Kirino at that time.

And I really can't understand why she did that, when probably the better choice would've been to not do anything and let the time to be in charge of that.

Now that I think about it, maybe she did the two things thinking far ahead in the future. She caused Kyousuke turned into the normal boring guy he is now, and made Kirino to be apart from him during a period of time.
But, if she did that knowing what will happen, why is she going to do something to makes sure Kirino and Kyousuke do not end together?

Meh, I will just to read some doujinshi to prepare myself for anything that could happen in the next volume
Old 2012-09-20, 18:17   Link #1375
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
The talk with Kyousuke was about other matters, not about how he felt about Kirino at that time.

And I really can't understand why she did that, when probably the better choice would've been to not do anything and let the time to be in charge of that.

Now that I think about it, maybe she did the two things thinking far ahead in the future. She caused Kyousuke turned into the normal boring guy he is now, and made Kirino to be apart from him during a period of time.
But, if she did that knowing what will happen, why is she going to do something to makes sure Kirino and Kyousuke do not end together?
What you said about her action made me feel like she purposed "made Kirino go away so she is the only one can give Kyousuke advice "
I still unable to think of Manami that way ><
Old 2012-09-20, 21:22   Link #1376
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Has anyone here known about the reactions of the Japanese people about Manami's actions?
Was it like Volume 8's fiery boycotts of Kuroneko?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 21:45   Link #1377
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Has anyone here known about the reactions of the Japanese people about Manami's actions?
Was it like Volume 8's fiery boycotts of Kuroneko?
Well, do always take what you read (particularly about things like "fiery boycotts") with a grain of salt. You have to understand a bit of 2ch culture to know just how much is serious and how much is just for show (which is most of it).

But yeah, I think the general reaction has been to see Manami as an antagonist, which is certainly the way she was cast in the narrative even though her actions aren't particularly evil or necessarily out-and-out wrong (expect that they drove the two main characters of our series apart). Of course, we will see how everything resolves in the final volume; I think most of the reaction is the same as here: trying to guess at how things will end.
Old 2012-09-21, 19:22   Link #1378
cas616

I think Vol.11 is a great success. I love the Manami twist, although many anticipated her "dark side", no one would have guessed what actually happened... and it still is a perfectly reasonable story. Unfortunately, I can't consider Manami a possible love interest anymore... it doesn't matter if she had good or bad intentions in the first place, she really did something underhanded there and pretty much assisted in traumatizing him. But that's just my subjective point of view. If he'd end up with her in Vol.12, it would leave me with a pretty bad aftertaste... after all the things she said (for example "disgusting") to Kirino, it feels like he would end up betraying his sister for good.

But that's just my 5 cents, I just can't imagine having a manipulative person like she is as my girlfriend...

With that said, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallyy root for Ayase, although I'm not really confident in her ending up as his girlfriend. He should just write several Vol.12's so everyone gets his/her happy ending . (It's far too cheap, I know) Ayase is just great. She has "jackpot" written all over her pretty face.
cas616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 22:23   Link #1379
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas616 View Post
But that's just my 5 cents, I just can't imagine having a manipulative person like [Manami] is as my girlfriend...

With that said, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallyy root for Ayase, although I'm not really confident in her ending up as his girlfriend.
Somehow, the juxtaposition of these two comments struck me as funny. Manipulative = bad; possibly yandere = OK!

Seriously, though... this is obviously just my own view, but it's hard for me to see Ayase as anything more than a crush for Kyousuke in this story. I'm sure that her confession was a major confidence booster for him and totally flattering, but somehow I just have a hard time imagining him really choosing her as his sort of "true love". That being said, I can see Ayase as the sort of person who might try to inject herself in the middle of things if Kyousuke were to pick one of the other likely candidates. I mean, just because Kyousuke confesses to someone doesn't mean the other girls are just going to accept his decision without questioning it.

From an overall story perspective, as Kyousuke reconciles with Kirino, I actually see Ruri as a structurally sound choice. He went out with her before, and she broke up with him partly as a way to help bring the siblings closer. Him confessing to her this time would be a nice way of bringing symmetry to the plot, and she has already basically accepted the situation with Kirino as well.

And then there's Kirino. If you want my honest prediction, I think Kirino is going to be the one he "confesses" to (first), but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll end up as a romantic couple. I think the has to confess that he is indeed in love with her (and her with him) and then they can decide how to move on from there. This is a way of finally bringing the whole stand-off to a close and resolving all the many hints left so far. But like I said... I'm not so convinced yet about where they go from there. He could "confess" to her, but also confess that he's in love with someone else (like Ruri for example).

The one thing we know for sure is that this three-volume arc, and the story on the whole, depend on resolving the issue between Kirino and Kyousuke, so whatever happens Kirino will be at the center of the plot in Volume 12, no matter the final romantic outcome. This is why I think it makes sense to have a more direct connection to that plot, whether or not Kyousuke would try to pursue any romantic path with her.

In the end, only time will tell...
Old 2012-09-21, 22:57   Link #1380
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Somehow, the juxtaposition of these two comments struck me as funny. Manipulative = bad; possibly yandere = OK!
Well, as I understand it with a yandere the most she'd do is give you a gruesome death, and chances are that will be swift. An manipulative girl could get you into so much trouble it'll take the rest of your life to fix it

I don't have any idea how this might turn out, but what I'd like to see is:
Spoiler for personal preference:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings