AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2013-01-11, 14:24   Link #8101
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Final arc?
If so it seems a bit weird to me. If he was going to end it, wouldn't it have made more sense to end it last arc?
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 14:31   Link #8102
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
If so it seems a bit weird to me. If he was going to end it, wouldn't it have made more sense to end it last arc?
Hmmm, problem was there was still some holes in the overall story that he had created if he ended it there. Although, most of those might have been introduced just to allow this arch to happen, so its hard to say if this arch was necessary. What I can say though, is this arch is very entertaining and I am enjoying it so I am glad that it happened.

This chapter was nice, mainly a set-up for things to come, but nice. Also how can Elsie not know how to act like Keima by now? He is quite a simple person to act as

Also I just noticed something, in the page where Dokura is asking Keima about what happens in this future, what is happening in the 3rd faded panel? The 1st one is the school field trip, the 2nd one is Kanon getting stabbed, but what is the 3rd one of?

Last edited by Soverence; 2013-01-11 at 14:50.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 16:48   Link #8103
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Ah so the main goal for Keima is to prevent the deaths of anyone on either side. Deaths against the "good guys" or the "bad guys" will both result in a "bad end".

And while a title drop isn't always the sign of a series' climax arc, I think in this case that might be true.

Even if it doesn't end here though, I hope Wakaki can think of a good resolution for this series. I don't want to see it keep going just because it can.
Old 2013-01-11, 19:32   Link #8104
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

it's hard to comment about the newest chapter...

Dokuro's change of attitude is somewhat comforting and finally someone can give Keima a proper clue to end this game...

for Elsie, good luck for being Keima.... can't imagine how she will do that though...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 20:55   Link #8105
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
This chapter was nice, mainly a set-up for things to come, but nice. Also how can Elsie not know how to act like Keima by now? He is quite a simple person to act as
But Elsie is useless at everything!

And this reminds me of the Yui arc where she was failing to pretend to be Keima.

...which has caused me to go and read the Yui arc, as well as the final capture of Yui in the goddess arc. Yui is such a great character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Even if it doesn't end here though, I hope Wakaki can think of a good resolution for this series. I don't want to see it keep going just because it can.
Well from what I read, before he got his manga serialized he was on his last dime so I figure he probably wants to hang on to his manga as long as possible.

Creating manga is an actual job after all, won't he be in trouble if he no longer has a stable income? Especially since he'd probably won't be able to get another manga serialized.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 21:27   Link #8106
ReddyRedWolf

Frankly Keima on this instance reminds me of Muv-Luv protagonist Takeru. One he was from a world not fighting for its survival, he gets dropped to a Bad End timeline, he gets a restart to prevent the Bad End.

Also what are the chances Urara remembers the previous timeline?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 01:16   Link #8107
whitecloud

Sooo..it basically confirmed that Keima is in other world line ...where thing is different from his memory... Even Dokuro confirm it...

Shitty game....Keima; gate...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 01:28   Link #8108
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Sooo..it basically confirmed that Keima is in other world line ...where thing is different from his memory... Even Dokuro confirm it...

Shitty game....Keima; gate...
It is more along the lines Causality Loop I believe.

Where he must make changes to the past to preserve the present. Which could explain some of the worlds he visited before. The space-time continuum is unstable without his intervention.
Old 2013-01-12, 01:54   Link #8109
whitecloud

so the reason it so unstable in the beginning maybe because vintage is attempting to change the past?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 02:42   Link #8110
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Page 9 ...
Wow ...
Never thought about this. **
Yay sudden title drop. My facial expression was one of disapproval, but I suppose it works in this context. Ehhh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
But Elsie is useless at everything!

And this reminds me of the Yui arc where she was failing to pretend to be Keima.
Poor Elsie. If only Keima liked firetrucks! She could emulate him perfectly with that ammunition.

Quote:
Well from what I read, before he got his manga serialized he was on his last dime so I figure he probably wants to hang on to his manga as long as possible.

Creating manga is an actual job after all, won't he be in trouble if he no longer has a stable income? Especially since he'd probably won't be able to get another manga serialized.
Honestly, I'm enjoying his serious storytelling. I think he's been doing a good job and that these arcs have been as good as the episodic ones. I have very little to say negatively thus far, and that's more than good enough for me. Frankly, I'll be sad to see TWGOK when it does. This has been my favorite series for some time now and it's always hard to let those go.
Old 2013-01-12, 04:41   Link #8111
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
so the reason it so unstable in the beginning maybe because vintage is attempting to change the past?
More like because Keima hasn't time traveled yet and picked the true end route.
Old 2013-01-12, 09:47   Link #8112
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Poor Elsie. If only Keima liked firetrucks! She could emulate him perfectly with that ammunition.
Well, she can do that if she wants to but then Keima's mother will notice that Keima like this kind of stuff other than gaming. It will be disaster for Keima when he comes back because her mom will give him firetrucks
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 17:03   Link #8113
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Well, she can do that if she wants to but then Keima's mother will notice that Keima like this kind of stuff other than gaming. It will be disaster for Keima when he comes back because her mom will give him firetrucks
Maybe she'll start slow.

She can buy him a dating simulator where you play as a firefighter, and thus slowly begin coercing him into society.
Old 2013-01-17, 20:15   Link #8114
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Maybe she'll start slow.

She can buy him a dating simulator where you play as a firefighter, and thus slowly begin coercing him into society.
It could be a dating sim where a fire-truck driver accidentally ran a firetruck into his half-sister during the fire department anniversary parade, and the end of the story results in the MC ramming his very own big, long, red and hard vehicle home and firing off the water cannon at the specific hot spot.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 20:32   Link #8115
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It could be a dating sim where a fire-truck driver accidentally ran a firetruck into his half-sister during the fire department anniversary parade, and the end of the story results in the MC ramming his very own big, long, red and hard vehicle home and firing off the water cannon at the specific hot spot.
I see that you have seen the light.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 07:44   Link #8116
XLNC

Spoiler for ch. 216:
XLNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 08:31   Link #8117
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for Spoilers:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-01-18, 08:54   Link #8118
XLNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Spoiler for Spoilers:
XLNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 10:13   Link #8119
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Spoiler:

Old 2013-01-18, 14:03   Link #8120
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen