AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-03, 01:42   Link #1
Advent7

Is this a good series???

It's kinda of old but I was wondering if Martian Succesor Nadesico would be a recommended watch. Does it have a good plot, is it humorous, and in a sense is it similar to FMP series.

Another thing Chobits or Onegai teacher?
I feel embarrassed but I usually like more serious anime like Samurai X and so on. But my friend got me into Love Hina (I hate you) and I enjoyed that series very much.
Old 2006-02-03, 02:00   Link #2
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent7
It's kinda of old but I was wondering if Martian Succesor Nadesico would be a recommended watch. Does it have a good plot, is it humorous, and in a sense is it similar to FMP series.

Another thing Chobits or Onegai teacher?
I feel embarrassed but I usually like more serious anime like Samurai X and so on. But my friend got me into Love Hina (I hate you) and I enjoyed that series very much.
Yes, nadesico is a good series. It has a solid, though a bit generic plot, and is quite funny. It's my favorite anime. It's being rereleased in Japan as a dvd box set, and the US r1 dvds can be picked up pretty cheaply. I wouldn't say it's like fmp though.

As for chobits and Onegai Teacher, they're not bad. Chobits suffers from too much filler though. It would have been better as a 13 episode series. Onegai Teacher is better of the two in my opinion. Still, I enjoyed both of them. If you liked the Love Hina anime, you'll probably like them as well.
Old 2006-02-03, 02:12   Link #3
jedinat

Onegai Teacher is great. One of the few animes I've watched more than once.
Chobits is also good and worth a watch.
I got bored halfway through Martian Succesor Nadesico and stopped watching. It's really more of a parody than anything and I don't really like parodies.
Old 2006-02-03, 04:29   Link #4
Advent7

Thanks for the help I'll probably pick up Nadesico, anf I don't mind parodies.
Old 2006-02-03, 04:59   Link #5
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I suggest getting Chobits. For me, there's no comparison between that and Onegai Teacher. Onegai Teacher is cute, but Chobit is tremendous.
Old 2006-02-03, 05:14   Link #6
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Martian Succesor Nadesico is certainly an archetype parody. It is one of those series that gets better as you see more anime and can pick up on all that jokes. The ending isn't great and at times toward the end it takes itself too seriously, but overall, I think it's a great series.

I've not seen Onegai Teacher but Chobits is another one of those animes that everyone seems to see at some point or at least it seems like that to me. It's one of Clamp's best works and has inspired some series that even mimic it ways (DearS comes to mind).
Closed Thread