AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-09-06, 19:14   Link #5821
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
In fact, Negi doesn't seem to even realize he might actually have a mother until Arika is introduced as a character in the Magic World arc.
Which is rather dumb on itself since Negi is a smart boy, possibly the smartest boy in his world after all he ends up pulling. He should have mastered such a difficult concept as 'everyone is supposed to have a mother' at some early point of his life.

Then again, nobody else in Negima or UQ Holder seems to have a mother either, except for Yuuna and hers is dead, so...
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 20:57   Link #5822
dragon1412

Enough about Arika, It is not as if Nagi himself don't have enough already, try think back about Negima again, how much do we actually knew about Nagi himself anyway ????

All we knew is, he is Negi father, the thousand master who took down the MoB and .... that's it. Nagi was never explored much even back in Negima, why he does the stuff he does, when was MoB take over,.... none of them were ever explained, in fact, the whole save Arika from council pretty much took half of Nagi screentime in Negima
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 21:09   Link #5823
NapoleonDeCheese

We don't even know if Nekane actually got to know Nagi at all during her childhood. How was Nagi's relationship with the rest of his family? Come to think about it, why isn't Nekane by her uncle's bedside and then by his welcome party anyway? Surely they had enough time to call her before, they knew they were going after Nagi, the least they could've done was preparing her to either cope with his loss or celebrate his rescue.
Old 2017-09-06, 22:24   Link #5824
Twi

Yeah, why wasn't Nekane at Negi's wedding too?
Old 2017-09-06, 22:47   Link #5825
NapoleonDeCheese

Well, all we get to see of Negi's wedding so far is only a picture showing him and Chisame, and I doubt we'll get much more of the ceremony than that.

I wonder if we'll at least get one final mass stripping sneeze.
Old 2017-09-07, 01:13   Link #5826
AP24

Just saw the raw. So the excuse for not telling us how Negi ended up marrying Chisame, how Nagi ended up marrying Eva and other things, was because there wasn't enough pages as Dana pointed out.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 01:29   Link #5827
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Just saw the raw. So the excuse for not telling us how Negi ended up marrying Chisame, how Nagi ended up marrying Eva and other things, was because there wasn't enough pages as Dana pointed out.
as much as Ken trying to make this a joke, I simply can't even laugh at that.
Old 2017-09-07, 01:36   Link #5828
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Then in next chapter... We got another plot twist... In happy ending timeline, Negi and others have to face new enemy that more annoying than Life maker...
Old 2017-09-07, 02:25   Link #5829
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post
Which is rather dumb on itself since Negi is a smart boy, possibly the smartest boy in his world after all he ends up pulling. He should have mastered such a difficult concept as 'everyone is supposed to have a mother' at some early point of his life.
Well, one of the reasons I had my "Negi is Nagi in disguise" theory was the impossible lack of references to Negi's mom. In my mind, this would only be reconciled if Negi was Nagi, thus explaining why no one ever spoke of Negi's mother.

Quote:
Then again, nobody else in Negima or UQ Holder seems to have a mother either, except for Yuuna and hers is dead, so...
Well, if I think about it, Akamatsu-sensei doesn't do parents well. In A.I. Love You, I don't think we ever saw parents. In Love Hina, parents were referenced, but we never saw any parents. The best we got were siblings and I think a grandmother cameo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Enough about Arika, It is not as if Nagi himself don't have enough already, try think back about Negima again, how much do we actually knew about Nagi himself anyway ????

All we knew is, he is Negi father, the thousand master who took down the MoB and .... that's it. Nagi was never explored much even back in Negima, why he does the stuff he does, when was MoB take over,.... none of them were ever explained, in fact, the whole save Arika from council pretty much took half of Nagi screentime in Negima
In that light, we never learned a great deal about anyone in Negima. We got glimpses of different characters, but Akamatsu-sensei is always careful not to explore characters too closely. I've long thought that he does this because it gives him more freedom as a writer. Just telling us bits about Eva's past makes Arika a problem retcon character simply because Eva knew nothing of her, mainly 'cause she was never around and was never discussed.

So you are right in that we don't know a great deal about Nagi on a personal level, but we did get to see his past exploits and why he earned the title of Thousand Master.

Quote:
We don't even know if Nekane actually got to know Nagi at all during her childhood. How was Nagi's relationship with the rest of his family? Come to think about it, why isn't Nekane by her uncle's bedside and then by his welcome party anyway? Surely they had enough time to call her before, they knew they were going after Nagi, the least they could've done was preparing her to either cope with his loss or celebrate his rescue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yeah, why wasn't Nekane at Negi's wedding too?
Haha! Nekane. Now there's a forgotten character. The official English translations for a couple or three volumes did us no favors either when the translator/adapter at the time decided to "localize" things and turn Nekane into Negi's actual sister. But then the Twins came and rescued us, but by that time, Nekane was almost gone from the manga.

Quote:
Well, all we get to see of Negi's wedding so far is only a picture showing him and Chisame, and I doubt we'll get much more of the ceremony than that.
Speaking of which, this wedding comes off to me as another retcon, unless it shows that we are in some other timeline. After all, in Negima, Chisame was a recluse in the aftermath and merely an adviser to Negi, not his bloody wife. But much as happened in Hayate the Combat Butler, what the manga-ka wants, the manga-ka gets when it comes to their ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Quote:
as much as Ken trying to make this a joke, I simply can't even laugh at that.
Yeah, neither can I.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 02:27   Link #5830
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap24 View Post
just saw the raw. So the excuse for not telling us how negi ended up marrying chisame, how nagi ended up marrying eva and other things, was because there wasn't enough pages as dana pointed out.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 05:09   Link #5831
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Speaking of which, this wedding comes off to me as another retcon, unless it shows that we are in some other timeline. After all, in Negima, Chisame was a recluse in the aftermath and merely an adviser to Negi, not his bloody wife.
And why can't she go from adviser recluse to wife after a few years? Negi looks quite older in that wedding picture, so it's probably supposed to happen some years down the line after the Negima epilogue.
Old 2017-09-07, 05:35   Link #5832
dragon1412

Chisame is fine to me, we was kind of foreshadowed it a lot, especially in the magic world arc back in Negima
Old 2017-09-07, 07:22   Link #5833
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Well, if I think about it, Akamatsu-sensei doesn't do parents well. In A.I. Love You, I don't think we ever saw parents. In Love Hina, parents were referenced, but we never saw any parents. The best we got were siblings and I think a grandmother cameo.
I think we actually got to meet Mutsumi's mother, didn't we? The anime also showed both of Shinobu's parents IIRC, but then that wasn't made by Akamatsu himself.

Quote:
So the excuse for not telling us how Negi ended up marrying Chisame, how Nagi ended up marrying Eva and other things, was because there wasn't enough pages as Dana pointed out.
... that's not funny or cute at all, that's just plain infuriating. Seriously, f**k that guy.
Old 2017-09-07, 08:24   Link #5834
Homura7

Hey, Dana passed the photo of Negi and Chisame's wedding to Kirie. I wonder if that's hinting at something.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 09:09   Link #5835
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Hey, Dana passed the photo of Negi and Chisame's wedding to Kirie. I wonder if that's hinting at something.
Yeah, she's their secret love child.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 10:35   Link #5836
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
But as far as I presume there were not any romantic feelings between Nagi and Eva from Nagi's part. I mean there was...Zero
Old 2017-09-07, 10:47   Link #5837
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
But as far as I presume there were not any romantic feelings between Nagi and Eva from Nagi's part. I mean there was...Zero
yeah, that's it, for the record, we only got 2 scene of Eva interact with Nagi in Negima, and both was like 2,3 pages
Old 2017-09-07, 15:08   Link #5838
NapoleonDeCheese

Heh, I think Negima Neo had more interactions between Nagi and Eva than the actual original manga ever had. Now, Neo lists Akamatsu as a plotter, so that extra content might have been his idea for all we know.
Old 2017-09-07, 21:12   Link #5839
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

heh nagi looks worn out like she just wore him down and he gave up and married her in the end .

on the battle

Spoiler for 140:

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 21:38   Link #5840
silenceblade

Frankly the whole harem thing was really stupid. A ten year old kid with several 14 year girls? At the very least his partner wasn't Asuna or Aki (my least fav heroine).

Isn't Negi immoral? How does that ending even make sense. Also the way the mage of beginning dies and how Nagi survived could have been done a lot better (feel cheated).
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love