3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-11, 20:27   Link #201
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah that's CC for you. Doesn't really hold back her opinion. But as we know Lelouch comes up with plans and Suzaku provides the brawns. So just powering through the enemy without thinking is pretty much what he does. But yeah it's impressive how good she is at piloting frames. Since it seems Lelouch is there simply to pose and have a safe place to come up with strategies.

Lloyd as a noble is a bit odd, so I simply ignore that and think of him as the 'unique' science guy. Millay really does lose her edge when dealing with him. You'd think those two would get along alright since she is pretty crazy at times and Lloyd isn't exactly your average Earl. But Millay seems to try and act like the expected noble when around him.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 20:28   Link #202
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Sinestra

Quote:
What if Frams are not a future technology but a ancient lost one?
'Utawarerumono' ftw?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 23:19   Link #203
Lecrew

Send a message via ICQ to Lecrew Send a message via MSN to Lecrew
I know Lelouch wanted his own country, but to get Tokyo thats something to watch. the reporter guy is lovin it all. he's witnessing history in the making. .

That was a weirdass that Lelouch and Suzaku was working together and didn't know that Zeros's Gwain is a 2 seater and was sitting there like he is the king of the world.
Lecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 23:49   Link #204
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrew
That was a weirdass that Lelouch and Suzaku was working together and didn't know that Zeros's Gwain is a 2 seater and was sitting there like he is the king of the world.
A throne fit for a king and his queen, no?

But on a sour note, I hate people like Diethard. His name almost translates into 'die-hard' and that is essentially what he is - one of those reporters who just loves to dig up scandalous or controversial stuff regardless of the effect those events have upon others. They don't live to help others, they just wallow in other people's misfortunes.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 23:50   Link #205
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
That was essentially the conclusion I was coming up to. But the history of Geass says otherwise, as others have examined.
Old 2007-03-11, 23:58   Link #206
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
Lloyd as a noble is a bit odd, so I simply ignore that and think of him as the 'unique' science guy. Millay really does lose her edge when dealing with him. You'd think those two would get along alright since she is pretty crazy at times and Lloyd isn't exactly your average Earl. But Millay seems to try and act like the expected noble when around him.
I am really driven to believe that Lloyd will call off his marriage to Milly and somehow fit into a relationship with Laksharta. It's like one of those manga simulated relationships based primarily on competition and outdoing the other person.
Old 2007-03-12, 00:01   Link #207
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I figured she was legal but it was interesting to watch her in episode 18. She's always so carefree and nothing seems to bother her, but when Lloyd showed up at the party she blushed and her tone dropped a little, I wonder if she accepts this arranged marriage.
I was a little confused by that scene. For a second I thought she was looking at Rivalz (whose obviously going to be hurt) but I like your view better. Never did like that kid.

Quote:
Thats an interesting point C.C. seems to have no trouble piloting a Frame, but there was never a scene with her training or anything its seems to natural. If Frames are tired to Geass and Britannia were the first to have them, who discovered the technology? and who else in Britannia might have made the same deal that Lulu has made with C.C. the emperor seems occupied with the research on these ruins found across the globe, not to mention the fact the one Lulu crashed through had a huge Geass symbol on it.

I think your overanalyzing here. Given CC's age and capabilities (She's very good at martial arts), it's not unlikely for her to pilot such a unit. She may have done so in the past or she simply catches on quickly.

And as it has been pointed out Frames originated from the idea of escape pods with legs on tanks.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 00:56   Link #208
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
I was a little confused by that scene. For a second I thought she was looking at Rivalz (whose obviously going to be hurt) but I like your view better. Never did like that kid.
Nothing like a loud obnoxious brat to lighten the mood, no?

I'd be embarassed if I was arranged to marry a ghoul too.
Old 2007-03-12, 01:09   Link #209
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Nothing like a loud obnoxious brat to lighten the mood, no?

I'd be embarassed if I was arranged to marry a ghoul too.
then again, you can never forget the "LelouchxMilly" angle. she's been constantly talking to him about this whole marriage thing, and he was right in front of rivalz back in 18. P:
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 01:16   Link #210
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Thats an interesting point C.C. seems to have no trouble piloting a Frame, but there was never a scene with her training or anything its seems to natural. If Frames are tired to Geass and Britannia were the first to have them, who discovered the technology? and who else in Britannia might have made the same deal that Lulu has made with C.C. the emperor seems occupied with the research on these ruins found across the globe, not to mention the fact the one Lulu crashed through had a huge Geass symbol on it.

Lulu have no problem piloting

According to producer interview Lulu actually trains for it even before the series begin. Every year in the school festival he would also join the knightmare piloting related event as well. However this yeah (ep 21), someone else with ace pilot class is going to do it.... you know who :3

CC and her pilot skill

One point to note is that Gawain is developed using technology extracted from Research the Ancient. (it specificly said so in ep 19). If CC is one of the Ancient, she might not have problem learning the interface and deal with piloting. (I also suspect that the first KMF might also be from ancient tech, but story didn't mention it).

In any case even Lulu takes less than 5 sec to recognize the control of Gawain...why can't CC? She already kick ass in every way. We currently know that she can teleport (VV teleport Susaku, Lulu, Kallen, Euphie out of the blast. So CC most likely be able to do it?), expert in spying technique, expert in hand-to-hand combat, expert in mountain biking, she can draw, she can swim, she can pilot and she can kick lulu around his bed.....is there anything she can't do here?
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 01:39   Link #211
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I think it's an old unwritten rule of storytelling that an immortal who is older than one looks tend to be skilled at anything the plot demands.

CC's ability to pilot well is more believable than many young genius mecha pilots out there, anyway.
Old 2007-03-12, 01:48   Link #212
Varisha
zero no dai fan

I think it's pretty obvious in this series that all the knightmare frames have fairly standard interfaces, with all of the people successfully piloting mech they've never seen before =P It's just like driving a car! except with more weapons.

Presumably C.C. hasn't spent all of her time since the invention of knightmares locked up. There's no reason why she couldn't have taken the time to learn how to pilot one some time in the past. And there has been some time for her to familiarize herself with the Gawain.
Old 2007-03-12, 01:50   Link #213
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, looking at the episode, we can't really tell if she's an 'ace' pilot or not, seeing as all she did was simple fly here, fire there... Nothing extreme like what Kallen and Suzaku constantly does.
Old 2007-03-12, 01:57   Link #214
Sotobrastos

Don't know if this was brought up before, but did anyone think that Lelouch staged that little Chinese invasion? I thought that if the Chinese did attack Britannia, it would have been far more substantial. And C.C.'s negotiations or whatever that Lelouch asked her to do with the Chinese would support that, as well.

I remember screaming with joy when Suzaku started talking about his death, then cursing when it turned out that he was going to live. :*(
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 02:25   Link #215
JediNight
キズランダム

We don't know the entire nature of the cooperation here. If it's a Chinese "Federation" .... then its possible the military may not be centralized and this was just the support of 1 province. Or this merely could have been a beachhead force for a larger one waiting to invade.

Either way, they chose an advantageous time to attack (when Britannia couldn't immediately counterattack by air), and it's obvious that the Chinese weren't expecting the overwhelming force of the Gawain and Lancelot.

It's kinda like having a couple F117s (planes that are neigh invisible to radar) blow up your base with 100 SAM missiles at your disposal. You had no idea a plane could be invisible to radar, and so the trumpcard is your undoing.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 02:31   Link #216
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Sotobrastos
Several flaws.

C.C implied that the meeting with the Chinese Federation didn't go well, which probably means they won't be working with him anytime soon.

The Chinese probably won't be attacking Britannia anytime soon, seeing as how overpower Britannia's army is, it would be best if they start small. Grab Japan from them, and then build up their forces.

And lastly, give it up, Suzaku isn't going to die anytime soon. Idiots seems to live longer than most. Look at Tamaki!
Old 2007-03-12, 03:18   Link #217
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Sotobrastos
Several flaws.

C.C implied that the meeting with the Chinese Federation didn't go well, which probably means they won't be working with him anytime soon.

The Chinese probably won't be attacking Britannia anytime soon, seeing as how overpower Britannia's army is, it would be best if they start small. Grab Japan from them, and then build up their forces.

And lastly, give it up, Suzaku isn't going to die anytime soon. Idiots seems to live longer than most. Look at Tamaki!
I thought there was a fansub translation error, and that in reality CC didn't even get on the plane?
(Can people versed in Japanese verify this please?)

After all, the only way CC could have came back in time to kill Mao is if she didn't take the trip. Lulu then said "don't worry, the meeting is/will be rescheduled".
(Once again, I would be happy for verification)

Oh, and I agree the Chinese Federation isn't ready for an all out war yet. However it would be a mistake to assume the failure of this particular operation implies any general weakness in the CF military prowess as a whole.
The desire of CF to delay open hostilities with Britannia means there is only so much assistance they can offer the Japanese rebel forces.

Guess what I am trying to say, is the CF might not be as powerless against a Britannia onslaught as one might think.
Old 2007-03-12, 03:54   Link #218
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

C.C didn't get to go? Thats the first time I heard that, but yeah can somebody confirm?

Oh I agreed that the Federation isn't small fries, if they and the EU were long time enemies of Britannia, won't the Emperor had sent his army to crush them by now? This probably means that they have something that makes him think twice about pushing any red buttons.

Likewise, the Federation and the EU not attacking Britannia directly would suggest that Britannia must have quite a sizeable force. Thats why I'm saying that they're picking on it's colonies, trying to gain resources and manpower along the way.
Old 2007-03-12, 04:04   Link #219
JediNight
キズランダム

Britannia hasn't attacked China yet, because its CHINA. The place is huge, and so they need all unrest in Japan quelled before you could hope to begin attacking a country of 1.5 billion people =P (Logistics of needing a staging grounds with which to push into China from.

It also seems to be somewhat of a weakness of Britannia, that their army mainly only consists of homeland troops. Hence the Purist Faction et al within the military which are trying to keep it that way. So you have only so many troops to spread so far -- you basically rely on the conquered areas to play nice after they are "cleaned"
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 06:02   Link #220
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
1 more crap episode like this one and i wont concider this show worth my time anymore.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote