Well it was hilarious ^^ and the parents too XD
Gladly they're not related blood .
Damn the next is november 20th ...
It's going to be a loooooooong wait.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 14:13   Link #322
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

I lol hard at episode 1,laugh even harder at the bath scene. I want to see her naked body too >_>
.....stil about 5 months for the next ep
Old 2009-06-07, 14:22   Link #323
Mooglar

Send a message via AIM to Mooglar
Eps 1 was great!!! not something i'd watching with anyone near me o.o

Also what is up with the next eps being so far off... is that like the longest time ever or what
Mooglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 14:41   Link #324
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooglar View Post
Eps 1 was great!!! not something i'd watching with anyone near me o.o

Also what is up with the next eps being so far off... is that like the longest time ever or what
No. I believe Macross Zero was the same for it's 5 episodes.

Also Initial D: Fourth Stage took years for 24 episodes.
Old 2009-06-09, 04:57   Link #325
Seiryuu

I always find it sad that there don't seem to be any Ako fans. At least people seem to be asserting their favor for reasons that seem to fit. In fact, Riko's relative apparent perversion is one of the major reasons I prefer Ako. True, both of them are complete perverts who will do anything short of tying Keita down to have their way with him, but I still like a level of shyness and restraint. Ako's honest, she will never deny that she wants to **** Kei-chan. However, she generally tries not to be so brutally blunt about it, keeping a taste of cute timidity that adds a certain charm. Generally, Riko has no concept of subtlety. I wouldn't be surprised if a great deal of Ako's shy, uncertain behavior is purely strategy, but I think it's a much better strategy. When you try to bait deer in while hunting, you generally just leave food sitting in the open and stay back; you do not stand at the top of a hill and ask the deer to line up in front of your rifle.

That said, I am always disappointed when anime and manga try to excuse kissing as a Western greeting. I've seen rich folk kiss the air above each cheek in greeting, but I don't think I've actually seen people greet each other with lips on lips, unless of course there's something beyond platonic friendship going on. Honestly, I really want to see someone show legitimate doubt as to the validity of these claims, questioning whether people in Europe, America, etc. kiss each other hello rather than simply protesting that that's not the case in Japan.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 10:44   Link #326
justinstrife

Ako is too violent for me. Sorry, I just hate characters like that. Forceful is also another description I'd use. Her traits are a MAJOR turn-off for me.
Old 2009-06-09, 17:41   Link #327
JMvS
Rawrrr!

I just cannot root for any of those crazy over possessive sisters... (and I am sorry for all those caught in collateral damage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
That said, I am always disappointed when anime and manga try to excuse kissing as a Western greeting. I've seen rich folk kiss the air above each cheek in greeting, but I don't think I've actually seen people greet each other with lips on lips, unless of course there's something beyond platonic friendship going on. Honestly, I really want to see someone show legitimate doubt as to the validity of these claims, questioning whether people in Europe, America, etc. kiss each other hello rather than simply protesting that that's not the case in Japan.
Don't the russian do it mouth to mouth as a greeting (between males ), or is it again one of those old stereotypes ?

But I admit that I am also getting tired of this common misconception in japanese media. Even the proper handkiss is done without actual contact yet they emphasize it...
Old 2009-06-10, 06:37   Link #328
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

In the end , Keita will break up and Go for "this" and "that"
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 06:40   Link #329
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

The most pervert character in the series: The FATHER xDDDD
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 04:47   Link #330
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I just cannot root for any of those crazy over possessive sisters... (and I am sorry for all those caught in collateral damage)

Don't the russian do it mouth to mouth as a greeting (between males ), or is it again one of those old stereotypes ?

But I admit that I am also getting tired of this common misconception in japanese media. Even the proper handkiss is done without actual contact yet they emphasize it...
I don't know about the Russians. But I do know that most cases I've seen specify America, and I know we don't normally kiss hello unless there's a relationship that actually involves kissing.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 06:50   Link #331
Mooglar

Quote:
i'm about to seriously punch you for that... ive never heard of that stereotype... >_>
Old 2009-06-11, 08:55   Link #332
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooglar View Post
i'm about to seriously punch you for that... ive never heard of that stereotype... >_>
Ah found some reference: wikipedia entry on kiss, notice the soviet propaganda poster.

Quote:
In Slavic cultures until recent times, kissing between two men on the lips as a greeting or a farewell was not uncommon and not considered sexual.
Old 2009-06-11, 13:12   Link #333
Mooglar

ah great wikipedia! give me a better reference =) For all i know that was photoshopped >_>
Old 2009-06-11, 14:03   Link #334
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I always find it sad that there don't seem to be any Ako fans. At least people seem to be asserting their favor for reasons that seem to fit. In fact, Riko's relative apparent perversion is one of the major reasons I prefer Ako. True, both of them are complete perverts who will do anything short of tying Keita down to have their way with him, but I still like a level of shyness and restraint. Ako's honest, she will never deny that she wants to **** Kei-chan. However, she generally tries not to be so brutally blunt about it, keeping a taste of cute timidity that adds a certain charm. Generally, Riko has no concept of subtlety. I wouldn't be surprised if a great deal of Ako's shy, uncertain behavior is purely strategy, but I think it's a much better strategy. When you try to bait deer in while hunting, you generally just leave food sitting in the open and stay back; you do not stand at the top of a hill and ask the deer to line up in front of your rifle.
Well, I'm one, but I've decided not to say anything about who's better, because I've had enough of the flame war before. Reasoning and logic don't work here.
Why would I care about who like whom? As long as I like her, that's enough. Trash talking about the other doesn't make your favorite looks any better.

But I share most of your view in mine.
Old 2009-06-13, 17:36   Link #335
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

I've seen kiss on the lips used as a father/daughter greetings, once. But yeah, it's pretty rare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Ako is too violent for me. Sorry, I just hate characters like that. Forceful is also another description I'd use. Her traits are a MAJOR turn-off for me.
They're both pretty pushy.

I like Ako a bit better than Riko. She seems to try harder.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 18:55   Link #336
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I've seen kiss on the lips used as a father/daughter greetings, once. But yeah, it's pretty rare.

They're both pretty pushy.

I like Ako a bit better than Riko. She seems to try harder.
They're both pushy in their own way, but Ako is physically pushy and her actions 9/10 cause their brother harm. -facepalms- She couldn't settle down if her life depended on it.
Old 2009-07-14, 15:48   Link #337
velvet nightmare

just thought of this recently but, is it legal in japan for siblings to marry each other? how does that work on paper? do they have to like remove themselves from the family and change their name so they're not counted as brother/sister and then marry after that under a new name or something?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 16:48   Link #338
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
just thought of this recently but, is it legal in japan for siblings to marry each other? how does that work on paper? do they have to like remove themselves from the family and change their name so they're not counted as brother/sister and then marry after that under a new name or something?
If they are not blood related but they are in the same family registry as siblings, they need to wait till they are 20 year old to be able to make their own family registry(they need to remove their names from the family registry). another way is for one to be adopted into a different family, like being adopted by an uncle or aunt or grandfather, as long as the person is in a different family registry and they are not in a close blood relation. (it is illegal for siblings, parent-child grandparent-grandchild and uncle-aunt with niece-nephew to marry). 1st and 2nd etecetec cousins are allowed to marry.

By the way, family registry is a way for gay people in japan to get around Japan not allowing same sex couples to marry. one of the persons is adopted into one of the family registries thus becoming related as if they were married.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 17:51   Link #339
velvet nightmare

makes sense, thanks for the clarification
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 21:22   Link #340
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This thread is here for the purpose of discussing the animated adaptation of all that is ecchi in KissxSis. For those of us who are more interested in the static form of drawing found in the manga, seek the manga thread in the Manga section of the forum. That is all.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, romance, school life, seinen