AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-14, 22:16   Link #41
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyhandofcrap View Post
So Otonashi's regret is not making something out of himself and becoming a doctor to save other people? Yeah I don't see that getting resolved in the afterlife.
I'm not sure it's that cut and dry, to be honest.

If I had to guess, I would say that the thing that would send him to the next stage would be that he feels he was truly there for someone in need of him. In his current situation it would seem that Kanade would be his ticket out of the afterlife, and more than likely feeling that he truly did all he could to comfort her and help her would make him ascend.
Old 2010-05-14, 23:34   Link #42
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
If I had to guess, I would say that the thing that would send him to the next stage would be that he feels he was truly there for someone in need of him. In his current situation it would seem that Kanade would be his ticket out of the afterlife, and more than likely feeling that he truly did all he could to comfort her and help her would make him ascend.
And Kanade seems to be in need of someone who can be there for her without disappearing on short notice. Hm...
Old 2010-05-15, 22:45   Link #43
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Spoiler for Some stuff on Episode 7:
MAL
Old 2010-05-16, 01:35   Link #44
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
He has a continuing wish of helping people. I would assume that he will dissappear when he decides that he has done enough.

That has yet to happen, but its obvious that Kanade's frame and name, allong with her limited existence reminds him strongly of his sister.

Not alot of people truly understand compassion and what a person can be driven to do for others because of it. For this, Otonashi is truly a refreshing character. Also, he is a little different from the rest of the group. Otonashi found a new calling in life after losing what was precious to him, and worked himself to achieve it before the end. But he has never blamed God once in this show(and has shown no disdain or hatred ala yuri)

And I see Kanade being attached to him in an episode or 2 as well.
Old 2010-05-17, 06:47   Link #45
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
And I see Kanade being attached to him in an episode or 2 as well.
She pretty much already is.
Old 2010-05-19, 03:36   Link #46
.:bliss
Nyuu~

Send a message via MSN to .:bliss
I'm kinda worried! I feel Kanade is going to fall for Otonashi. [I don't wanna!] I want him to fall for Yuri. [3= This anime is not about Romance!]
Old 2010-05-20, 23:51   Link #47
pampz21
ShipCore

well i go for Yuzuru x Kande and Hinata x Yui and last
Spoiler for YURI:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-05-21, 01:19   Link #48
.:bliss
Nyuu~

Send a message via MSN to .:bliss
Whatever! I go for them.

and, LOL. Yuri and Noda?
Old 2010-05-21, 08:09   Link #49
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bliss View Post
I'm kinda worried! I feel Kanade is going to fall for Otonashi. [I don't wanna!] I want him to fall for Yuri. [3= This anime is not about Romance!]
Um, you're going double standards here. You don't want romance yet you want YuriXOtonashi?

And besides, Kanade NEEDS Yuzuru more than Yuri needs Otonashi.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-05-21, 09:38   Link #50
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Both.

They both need him.

If I can't get Yuri x Otonashi, then I'd better get some good compensation instead.

ehehehe.
Old 2010-05-21, 10:27   Link #51
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bliss View Post
It's not really a matter of Kanade falling for him as much as it is him falling for Kanade, which, at this point, should be pretty obvious in the way he consistently seeks her out and wants to be on a first name basis with her.

I'm pretty sure Maeda has also mentioned that there will be romance in this series.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-05-21, 12:48   Link #52
satomianzaki

and here i thought it's going to be yuri and otonashi...because i can see some potential in that pairing from episode 2...it's too early at that time but i think its still possible now since from what others mentioned, yuzuru may be seeing kanade like his imouto...

but i don't mind if they will build the kanadexyuzuru pairing...still i don't sense any jealousy from yuri...and its like otonashi is just really a good natured guy wanting to comfort his friends and help them...that includes tenshi...
Old 2010-05-21, 14:45   Link #53
Yzori

I dont' expect there to be any pairings, not KanadexOtonashi nor yurixotonashi, it just isn't the anime for it. They'll need to make some major progress @the love area if they want to include any of 'em at all.

Either way, I am sure everyone remembers that Maeda pointed out that there'll be little chance for Yuri to be involved with romance, since it's not her priority, and she's more portrayed as ''leader'' on the battlefield. I don't see it happening with Kanade neither, but well that's just my opinion.

We'll see what happens.
Old 2010-05-22, 01:19   Link #54
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for Otonashi:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2010-05-22, 01:21   Link #55
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What about Oyama x Tenshi (the confession, but I don't think Tenshi knows what a confession is...) and Otanoshi x Yuri (Otanoshi doesn't get to do the dangerous stuff, he never got sent flying... he keeps on living... etc.)
Old 2010-05-22, 01:52   Link #56
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Spoiler for Otonashi:
A horrible life is a horrible life, but personaly I think Yuri's life was more tragic. She lost all her siblings in a young age when the parent are not around. She tried to save them but failed because she was small and helpless and she can't even lift a pot. If you saw your siblings blood all over the place your sanity wouldn't even be there. Yuzuru may have had parents, but not much were talked about them. I'm kind of curious who was that lady the one taking care of Yuzuru. Somehow Yuri continued to live on and we still do not know how she died. We don't even know if she told anybody how she died, but even the guitar player (Iwasawa) girl said Yuri's life was the worst and she had it rough. All her talents were taken away from her too just like Yuzuru.

It's good that you can relate to Yuzuru so accomplish what you can and try to do well in life. Build up your skills, develop your talent and just do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
What about Oyama x Tenshi (the confession, but I don't think Tenshi knows what a confession is...) and Otanoshi x Yuri (Otanoshi doesn't get to do the dangerous stuff, he never got sent flying... he keeps on living... etc.)
It seems like it is heading towards Yuzuru X Tenshi now. Hinata since to recognize this even Yurippe since she told him to meet the original.
Old 2010-05-22, 02:15   Link #57
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Yeah... but I'm sure Yurippe has been the lead. She's probably get jealous one way or another.

As for Oyama's confession to Tenshi... I think he forgot about it... he's too scarred.
Old 2010-05-22, 02:27   Link #58
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Yeah... but I'm sure Yurippe has been the lead. She's probably get jealous one way or another.

As for Oyama's confession to Tenshi... I think he forgot about it... he's too scarred.
What signs of Jealousy did Yurippe showed? She notice that Oyama sticking up for Tenshi, but doesn't really know the reason because the SSS see her as a killing machine. Nobody heard what Tenshi said. And how is the SSS suppose to believe those blades are for defense unless they hear it from Tenshi herself.
Old 2010-05-24, 08:36   Link #59
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for Otonashi:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2010-05-25, 07:21   Link #60
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Spoiler for Otonashi:
Of the lives and deaths we've seen so far, the theme is "unfair". It's possible that Otonashi has even more reason than Yuri to Rage Against the Heavens.