AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-17, 05:25   Link #241
Tenzen12

With brain alone you can't do much, that's universal true completely unrelated to shonen. You need use less power if you can use it right, but you need it regardless. Osamu could get so far because his teammates provided him with brawl he needed to execute his plans, but without them he is just minor annoyance to anyone with power and experience.

And no ST is not void of shonen tropes, they are just used right.
Old 2015-05-17, 07:57   Link #242
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
First of all BT choose it's owner if it's work with hamster who is known for having good head on it's shoulders and strong teammates in supporter, there is no problem

Second BT is not necessarily Godly weapon. No-one want Osamu getting something OP. He just need something that can bite strong enemies when used right
I think all BTs are OP, doubly so for the ones made in the neighborhood (incl. Yuuma's). Besides, why would you bother with BT that's not OP? BT has no bail out function and no option triggers, to the point that Miwa prefers his normal triggers than BT.

BT users are pulled out of teams. In this case, Osamu might be separated from Chika, say he's deployed in the neighborhood, while Chika is deployed in Mikado city. Osamu may be better off refusing the BT. Also, Border may be better off keeping the BT in storage, rather than risking it under a poor user, who might cause the BT to be taken by the enemy. I also doubt that Kido will let Tamakoma get any more BT.

Assume Border let's Tamakoma get more BT. Solo BT users are supposed to have equal fire power with A-rank teams. Solo A rank is needed, which is why Kou can be a candidate for Fuujin despite B team rank. I can't imagine Osamu reaching A rank solo within 1-2 years. In this series, users' ability matter more than the triggers. We see a lot that a great user can make normal triggers look awesome, like Yuuma did to scorpion and Murakami did to Raygust. But we haven't seen a BT salvage a poor user.

In short, I think the story will make more sense if this never happens.

Quote:
With brain alone you can't do much, that's universal true completely unrelated to shonen.
With brain alone (IIRC Fuyushima himself has zero fighting skill) and 1 ace teammate, Fuyushima team got into #2 A-rank. So the shounen cliche doesn't seem to apply as rigidly here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
There is no way the top tiers will let Yuuma do as he pleases, they will find a way to take him out before he can get too many points and then Osamu/Chika will have a hard time on their own. That one might be their real challenge and where it is more about getting enough points (like 2 for example) to keep their top tier rank rather than losing with zero or only 1 point.
I agree with you that story wise, it's Yuuma's turn to be taken out first in the next battle. But I think the next enemy teams should instead kill Osamu and Chika before Tamakoma regroups. Randomization of spawn points basically turns weaklings who cannot fight solo into risk-free points. High-risk point like Yuuma should be left for last once the enemies regroup and can gang on him.

But meh, I'm bored with Tamakoma. If the rank wars still continue in the next chapters, I want to see A-rank wars or top 2 B vs. A rank wars instead.

BTW, Osamu got 309 "solo" points since the invasion from just 1 rank battle. Compare to Yuuma, who only got 264 from defeating Midorikawa solo and 553 from 2 rank battles, where he scored most of his team points. It seems that performance/kills within rank battle will not net you more points, only winning does. I also wonder if the losing teams have their points deducted as well.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 09:38   Link #243
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I think all BTs are OP, doubly so for the ones made in the neighborhood (incl. Yuuma's). Besides, why would you bother with BT that's not OP? BT has no bail out function and no option triggers, to the point that Miwa prefers his normal triggers than BT.
Isn't fact that Miwa prefere normal one proof enough it's not that OP? If it was everyone would want use it

Quote:
BT users are pulled out of teams. In this case, Osamu might be separated from Chika, say he's deployed in the neighborhood, while Chika is deployed in Mikado city. Osamu may be better off refusing the BT. Also, Border may be better off keeping the BT in storage, rather than risking it under a poor user, who might cause the BT to be taken by the enemy. I also doubt that Kido will let Tamakoma get any more BT.
Yes, he might... or he might not. If small fry like him were to choosen by BT, they would probably want some strong teammates around at protect him or at least retrieve it in worst case scenario. Plus Yuma is already precedent BT users can be in teames just fine..

Quote:
Assume Border let's Tamakoma get more BT. Solo BT users are supposed to have equal fire power with A-rank teams. Solo A rank is needed, which is why Kou can be a candidate for Fuujin despite B team rank. I can't imagine Osamu reaching A rank solo within 1-2 years. In this series, users' ability matter more than the triggers. We see a lot that a great user can make normal triggers look awesome, like Yuuma did to scorpion and Murakami did to Raygust. But we haven't seen a BT salvage a poor user.

In short, I think the story will make more sense if this never happens.
1)again BT choose it owner. It's established fact. Once it happens all it needs is Jin or other big aces give it some push and smooth things out.

2) Sure, good users can make shine anything. But I would prefer not see 5 years timeskip to get into point Osamu has enough experience fight anyone wih anythyng. He is not "Poor user" but currently there is limits how he can use triggers he has now. Sure he could train in various kind of triggers and exchange them with depending situation but again if something unexpected comes and he has no time to switch to correct trigger, he will fully dependent on his teammates. Not mention being Jack of all trades master of none is not exactly best way to distribute skill point either.

3)Storywise Osamu needs to be strong enough to be able use his brain against strong opponents when Yuma is occupied.

Quote:
With brain alone (IIRC Fuyushima himself has zero fighting skill) and 1 ace teammate, Fuyushima team got into #2 A-rank. So the shounen cliche doesn't seem to apply as rigidly here.
You mean: with brain alone and 1 ACE FIGHTER.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2015-05-17 at 09:51.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 09:44   Link #244
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If a BT chooses Osamu now, they're better off putting it into storage until they either find another user or Osamu improves a lot. If he needs a BT just to reach the strength of a normal A-rank, put an A-rank in his place.

Osamu still has a lot of areas he can work on before we can say only a BT will save him. For starters, he needs to learn to use something other than Asteroid.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 09:58   Link #245
Tenzen12

That's also thing, did he mastered asteroid enough to switch to another? Asteroid is very versatile long distance trigger. Arguably it's one best suited for tactics. Any new trigger should broader his options, otherwise there is no point in going for it.
Old 2015-05-17, 10:07   Link #246
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Asteroid is too straightforward for elaborate tactics. You can only shoot the enemy in front of you. Viper, now, Nasu showed how it can keep the enemy guessing. And Meteora can be used for traps.
Old 2015-05-17, 10:17   Link #247
Tenzen12

That's actually sound right.
Old 2015-05-17, 17:13   Link #248
p-kun

Quote:
You mean: with brain alone and 1 ACE FIGHTER.
Osamu has 1 ace fighter and 1 artillery. He has more resources than Fuyushima straight off the bat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Asteroid is too straightforward for elaborate tactics. You can only shoot the enemy in front of you. Viper, now, Nasu showed how it can keep the enemy guessing. And Meteora can be used for traps.
Asteroid supposedly pack more power than viper or hound though, which is great for Osamu. Also, it can pierce armor if fused. If you micromanage it, I think you can do a lot of things even with asteroid, like staggering bullets.
Old 2015-05-17, 17:38   Link #249
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not saying it's useless. I'm saying it lacks versatility. It's good as a sort of finisher when the enemy's cornered or to ambush them (which is what Osamu's used it for), but it's too easy to defend against on its own, when the other sees you coming. And you need to expose yourself to shoot it.

Besides, with Osamu's trion capacity, even gimlet may not be able to do much.
Old 2015-05-17, 22:58   Link #250
KBTKaiser

In a sense, Asteroid is very much fire and forget. If Osamu changed the settings to stagger the speeds in a way that all of the bullets can do a time on target(all projectiles reach the target simultaneously) It honestly might be harder to defend than Multi-directional Vipers since Osamu would literally be weaving a trail of Danmaku while he's moving around. Granted yes, his Trion Capacity leaves much to be desired, but Osamu can probably pull off a veritable death of a thousand cuts.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 01:10   Link #251
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
In a sense, Asteroid is very much fire and forget. If Osamu changed the settings to stagger the speeds in a way that all of the bullets can do a time on target(all projectiles reach the target simultaneously) It honestly might be harder to defend than Multi-directional Vipers since Osamu would literally be weaving a trail of Danmaku while he's moving around. Granted yes, his Trion Capacity leaves much to be desired, but Osamu can probably pull off a veritable death of a thousand cuts.
Yeah... If the other holds very still while Osamu does something that time-consuming.
Old 2015-05-18, 12:29   Link #252
Tenzen12

Red face

Quote:
Osamu has 1 ace fighter and 1 artillery. He has more resources than Fuyushima straight off the bat.
He still didn't do that with brain alone, your point?
Old 2015-05-18, 13:48   Link #253
p-kun

What I mean by alone is that Fuyushima's personal contribution to his team is his brain alone.

Let's not go further into semantics debate.
Old 2015-05-18, 17:26   Link #254
James Rye

Quote:
I'm not saying it's useless. I'm saying it lacks versatility. It's good as a sort of finisher when the enemy's cornered or to ambush them (which is what Osamu's used it for), but it's too easy to defend against on its own, when the other sees you coming. And you need to expose yourself to shoot it.

Besides, with Osamu's trion capacity, even gimlet may not be able to do much.
But wasn't it Asteroid although as ultra-slow pellets which helped Osamu get a draw with Kazma? While I agree that Asteroid is the straight-forward trion weapon, even more than Meteor which apparently you can use as trap cubes, it is most likely the sole shooter trigger type Osamu currently can manage with his trion amount for longer time period. He needs to perfect it before he can try to master other shooter triggers.

So it makes sense that he keeps using it. He still can barely form like 4-X shots per asteroid cube whereas Nasu is like a trion panther jumping from building to building while surrounded in viper cubes like an angel with its wings and halo. He has a long way to go before he can make meteors and vipers and hounds, first he has to be able to shoot a decent amount of asteroids else even that weapon is nothing more but a distraction/finisher move and that alone won't help him or his team much on the battlefield.
Old 2015-05-18, 18:03   Link #255
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
But wasn't it Asteroid although as ultra-slow pellets which helped Osamu get a draw with Kazma?
Yeah, and he could only do that in a training room with infinite trions. And he needs a small room for the other guy not to just sidestep. And they'll be too weak to do much damage, or punch through a shield. It was only useful to force the other guy to stop using chameleon.

Quote:
While I agree that Asteroid is the straight-forward trion weapon, even more than Meteor which apparently you can use as trap cubes, it is most likely the sole shooter trigger type Osamu currently can manage with his trion amount for longer time period. He needs to perfect it before he can try to master other shooter triggers.
We really don't know any of that. We don't know if the others need more trion, we don't know if he needs to master asteroid to unlock the others like it's a video game. (We know asteroid is more destructive for the same amount of trion put into it, that doesn't mean you need more trion to just shoot the others).

He's good at getting people where he wants them, but Asteroid doesn't really synergize with that quality very well. Viper (attack from a blind spot with a preprogrammed trajectory) or a trap Meteora would work better. And it would make others wonder which one he's using instead of just knowing it's Asteroid and acting accordingly.
Old 2015-05-20, 15:57   Link #256
LG-MAX 2.o

the Information is of the official twitter of World Trigger. A translation that was posted on MH:
Quote:
"Due to circumstances surrounding Ashihara-sensei’s debility, World Trigger’s breaks in serialisation are increasing. Also, there will be times when the publication order is at the back of the magazine, but these are measures taken due to the increasing breaks in serialisation. We appreciate the readers’ continuing enjoyment and support. Thank you for your time"
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 16:05   Link #257
Tenzen12

Quote:
What I mean by alone is that Fuyushima's personal contribution to his team is his brain alone.

Let's not go further into semantics debate.
Well, we can stop here, but you are wrong if you think it 's just semantics.
Old 2015-05-21, 06:05   Link #258
James Rye

Quote:
Yeah, and he could only do that in a training room with infinite trions. And he needs a small room for the other guy not to just sidestep. And they'll be too weak to do much damage, or punch through a shield. It was only useful to force the other guy to stop using chameleon.

We really don't know any of that. We don't know if the others need more trion, we don't know if he needs to master asteroid to unlock the others like it's a video game. (We know asteroid is more destructive for the same amount of trion put into it, that doesn't mean you need more trion to just shoot the others).

He's good at getting people where he wants them, but Asteroid doesn't really synergize with that quality very well. Viper (attack from a blind spot with a preprogrammed trajectory) or a trap Meteora would work better. And it would make others wonder which one he's using instead of just knowing it's Asteroid and acting accordingly.
Yeah, Osamu needs more versatile weaponry, but for now I think he needs to train on the basics like Reiji doing marathons and such with him so that his tion consumation is lower and more natural when moving his combat body.

Also we got huge spoilers, guys!!!

Spoiler for Picture of B-1 Team leader:

Damn! Yuuma vs Murakami will look like Mayweather vs Pac compared to what teams Tamakoma 2 faces in their next match! o.O

Spoiler for Ch.103 spoilers:

What ya think about them spoilers? Last battle? Second-to-last battle? Tamakoma 2 gonna win/lose and if lose with how many kills? And who of Tamakoma 2 will die first/will last be standing?
Old 2015-05-21, 09:16   Link #259
p-kun

I haven't seen the raw or complete spoiler but

Spoiler for CH 103 Spoiler:

Rereading the past chapter that's corrected in the Tankoubon, it seems that Rank Wars will continue until April. So there are still 2.5 months worth of rank wars in series time. Honestly though, I hope we'll move on to new plot before end of April in series time.
Old 2015-05-23, 09:44   Link #260
James Rye

Well, english translation is out now at some sites. Looks like Ninomiya does have quite a prideful and kind of obnouxious side to himself, all that counts to him is personal power and skill, the way how "small-fry" like Osamu or Chika fights with is of no interest to him and not worth of any praise. While I understand his position I feel like he is way too hard on those two who became B-rank just recently.

I hope we get to see Nasu and Murakami in B rank wars again, they're very awesome with their fighting styles! Ofc not due Tamakoma 2 dropping down to Mid tier but due them raising up to upper tier someday as well. XD

Seems like Ashihara wants Tamakoma 2 to stay for a while in the B ranks and not give them a shot yet to enter the top two positions. Which makes sense given that they seem to be A rank pretty much already but in their title. Ninomiya's team even has an emble already and maybe Kageura's team has one as well.

Tamakoma 2 vs Azuma vs Ninomiya vs Kageura will be damn hard, there is no big hope on victory against the B 1 and B 2 teams vs the B 6 and B7 teams which the battle will pretty much become due the stronger teams hunting down the weak ones to get as many points as possible before facing off each other.

I wonder what kinda sickness Nasu got, she looked very exhausted and cold after her battle. It shows though that she really fought for too long with too much trion due her merged trion cubes with teh viper+meteor shots.
Wished she'd give Osamu some shooter training lessons after the B rank war is over.^^

Tags
action, shounen stargate