Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-03, 18:58   Link #3521
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
@Waven

You forgot the part about it being harder when you were younger and now everything seeming mindlessly easy.

Though it's not really just nostalgia, D3 is actually a game with problems. It's not a bad game, it just has a lot of problems.
It does have problems, I agree, but so did D2, even more at launch (which I played at from day 1). Maybe back then no one just recognized them that early on as games were not critically looked at as much as today, especially when talking about a genre that was in its infancy.
I just think that maybe with D2 defining the genre as well as being relatively unchallenged within the genre for so many years it created an unrealistic status and thus fueled the kind of expectations no sequel could've possibly satisfied.

Last edited by Waven; 2012-09-03 at 19:16.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 19:04   Link #3522
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh, and I'm guessing having 8 players in a game is appealing to nostalgia too much?

Also, lol, trust me. If you guys think I'm too harsh on D3, I was just as harsh on D2-- it wasn't perfect either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
You all are chasing pigeon butts. You could have the game work offline and it would still be (to your displeasure) balanced against botters/etc if there was a way for you to trade online. "Offline" isn't some magic thing. The problem is "trade" and "itemization", not you being disconnected from the server. How many games have you seen of this genre that have a offline component that's not just a mirror of the balance in the online component?

Offline mode = no [chance for] lag mode; not better game balance, better drops, or anything like that.
I never said it was. But since you didn't read my post very clearly at all...

My point is that he wants to be able to decide on his own whether to accept changes or not. If he doesn't think Blizzard's changes will make the game better, he can just not update. And if someone doesn't want to interact, then obviously the change is going to be bad. Right now, there is no choice.

I never even bothered with single player myself with most of D2. But it's readily apparent that there's a lot of people that feel this way, and just because we don't care doesn't mean the point is invalid.

Dismissing someone's argument as being akin to the pirate kiddies isn't fair to the issue.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-09-03 at 19:34.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 20:56   Link #3523
Sassarai
Army of One

The only way a offline mode would work is it has to be completely offline. There's just no way to balance the game otherwise with the AH and RMAH in play. So there's really no use to demand or anything it's just not going to happen bottom line. I'm sure Blizzard already made a killing in all the rmah transfer fees since my gold sold in a matter of minutes on rmah so I'm sure they will incorporate it in future titles. No use demanding it, just give up on them and move on if you don't like the direction. For the players that have access to internet most of the time they want to play it's just no big deal.

oh back to d3 I bought these 2 new toys. Vow was 31 mil with was a decent price and Blood was a steal at 20 mil. They have cool glowing effects to them.
http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=47514

Last edited by Sassarai; 2012-09-03 at 21:07.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 07:46   Link #3524
halibonga

i thought patch 1.0.4 would save this game, but clearly i was wrong. Paragon levels are incredibly hard to get, drop rates as well as item levels are still pathetic. Everything is still centered around the auction house. maybe i ll come back when pvp patch is released.
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 18:08   Link #3525
gunrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
i thought patch 1.0.4 would save this game, but clearly i was wrong. Paragon levels are incredibly hard to get, drop rates as well as item levels are still pathetic. Everything is still centered around the auction house. maybe i ll come back when pvp patch is released.
I feel the same way, we need the pvp patch as soon as possible.
Old 2012-09-04, 18:19   Link #3526
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm not really a PVP person, so I'll pass on that when it comes. I'm actually okay with the changes brought upon so far by the most recent patch. Now if I can only find rare (golden brown or green) stuff for a change... So I can make a sale. My WD is a few days away from hitting 60, and will need a gear change (mostly resist and LPS gear) soon.

Gah, kind of hard not to feel equipment jealousy sometimes, particularly with my Daemonhunter and Monk. All those inflated DPS ratings due to focusing on Bonus Critical damage... is not something I can afford anymore, especially since my gear focuses on All Resists and Armor.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-09-05 at 00:22.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 18:32   Link #3527
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I don't understand why they can't just have duels where both parties must consent. Who cares if it's not balanced? They don't have that planned-- it's just team fights, which well isn't nearly as interesting as just challenging people to a one on one fight.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-09-06, 07:26   Link #3528
Wigwams

so it seems someone already reached lvl 100.
Old 2012-09-06, 16:16   Link #3529
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

A lot of people suspect a bot, but someone might have been willing to grind that much.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-09-06, 17:55   Link #3530
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Argh. Got an email after getting home from work saying my account was locked down for some reason. Gotta log in to confirm if it's not fake, but since I haven't been playing I've got all those patches to get first...

EDIT: It's bogus. Go figure. Keep a watch for such emails, guys!
Old 2012-09-06, 18:36   Link #3531
Wigwams

yeah i also received a bogus email, but that one was for WoW MOP beta. kinda scary how genuine they make it look. just never click the links.

i personally think you cant be on the top unless you bot to some degree. play as much as you can, when you aren't playing then bot until you are back. i simply find it hard for non botters to beat botters who do this.
Old 2012-09-07, 03:19   Link #3532
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

They are almost always bogus, the only reason why you'd ever pay attention is if you've actually been playing a lot, but if you were they would have locked you out.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-09-09, 12:38   Link #3533
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh wow, this is probably the third time in two days that I was the only player left standing against Inferno Ghom, where pretty much the rest of the party was wiped out in barely the first minute... And I STILL managed to kill (an Enraged) Ghom. Heh.

My current setup as of a few minutes ago. The bracer is new though, but I beat Ghom prior to me getting it.
Old 2012-09-09, 17:44   Link #3534
Saudademaru

I play Diablo III.....rarely. It didn't take me long to put over 100 hours on a demon hunter as my first character....only about 110 hours :P then he got stuck on inferno ghom but I think I hear he got weaker since then with some patches. Played other characters with my current main being a wizard I think in act 2 or 3 hell. The game was fun the first time through but I hate repeating things...and sadly that's all you do in D3- Beat the game...do it again..and again until inferno. Repeat for other characters, so I've over played the game and hardly enjoyed it. I just find it to be so very boring. Even with the newest patch and news about upcoming patch, I just can't seem to force myself to log back in. It gets boring alone but I find the game to be such a drag to play in teams. I don't like waiting for slow people and it hurts to split up since the monsters get stronger for each player it defeats the purpose. On the bright side I do like how every time you level you unlock new skills and always giving you something to look forward to while not having to worry about messing up a character or rebuild another character just for a couple of skills. All skills on one character gets a +1 from me.
Saudademaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:34   Link #3535
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Unfortunately, that won't change.

Diablo series was never really about content. Most people repeated the same content over and over again but with different characters, and extra thrills can be gotten via hardcore. It's more about the journey of getting the best loot in the game and to make your character far more powerful than imagined. D2, for example, had 2 entire acts-- act 2 and act 3-- of which many didn't like at all because they were so tedious and annoying. D2 also had the annoyance of player collision, meaning you couldn't walk past other people. Act 4 was really short as well. But people liked building their characters, though too many also focused on finding exploits of not playing the game and skipping to the endgame without any effort. So where does that whine in D3 come from? Those people.

(Though you really have to ask: Act 2 in D3 is similar to Act 2 in D2-- a rather boring mix of desert and sewers and filled with enemies more designed to annoy you than anything else. Why bring back that nostalgia? And thus both become a deadzone of crap; too hard to screw around like in act 1, yet not good enough for the best loot and exp compared to the later acts. It's something you just get over with. )

The issue here, is the path isn't that exciting because the content was very lacking and the destination is too vague. PvP may help solve matters-- even if you don't partcipate in it, it'll effect the economy and increase demand for high end items.

Unfortunately, pvp as planned won't help. They need to allow dueling and the ability to scale your characters levels down for low level dueling.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-09-14, 00:30   Link #3536
Wigwams

Patch 1.0.5 Sneak Peek:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155...Peek-9_13_2012

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-14 at 02:00.
Wigwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 13:14   Link #3537
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Well it's good they're goblin up ideas from everwhere. Too bad the damn gold system will never go away.
Old 2012-09-14, 13:39   Link #3538
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Infernal Machine and Players X sound like good ideas

They released the journal for defensive bonus changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...30?page=15#292

Looks like trash. I'm sorry, but it sounds like the most retarded design changing I've seen. Even from D3. I really like how the Barb's War Cry rune gets nerfed (well, it's the most used one I guess), but the entire energy armor for the Wizard across all runes is nerfed. I guess they're being punished for frost nova abuse and that invulnerable glitch.

I seem to have a knack in picking whatever Blizzard hates the most, since they nerf whatever it is I'm interested in atm. I should really stop posting bad stuff about them.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-09-14, 14:10   Link #3539
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Actual journal link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155...mage-9_13_2012
Old 2012-09-14, 16:02   Link #3540
Archon_Wing
On a mission