AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-19, 16:16   Link #421
James Rye

Given that Kraft considers a 1000 years old as "young" he must be really ancient like way above 10k years at the very least. I already noticed myself how much faster time seems to fly by as you grow older, like it feels like last month you celebrated new year and suddenly it is Christmas again. For people like Frieren and Kraft this sensation must feel even faster than us humans. And for Kraft to take the news of the death of the Demon King 80 years in such a chill way... like how many times has he heard or maybe even killed Demon Kings himself? Like damn...
Old 2023-11-19, 18:18   Link #422
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Given that Kraft considers a 1000 years old as "young" he must be really ancient like way above 10k years at the very least. I already noticed myself how much faster time seems to fly by as you grow older, like it feels like last month you celebrated new year and suddenly it is Christmas again. For people like Frieren and Kraft this sensation must feel even faster than us humans. And for Kraft to take the news of the death of the Demon King 80 years in such a chill way... like how many times has he heard or maybe even killed Demon Kings himself? Like damn...
Doesn't have to be 10000. A forty year old would consider a 20 year old "young" so a 2000 year could consider a 1000 year old young in that sense.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-21, 01:34   Link #423
HandofFate

Its like Frieren beat the demon lord in a PS5 game.
But Kraft already did it a bunch thru a series of games during the 8bit era. No one remembers anymore. Hell, Kraft probably beat an evil god that was gonna swallow the universe with his own band of party members.
Old 2023-11-21, 07:28   Link #424
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man. I loved this episode. Not only because we went back to the wholesome style of the series but because of how subtle the comedy works. All the characters have a tendency to underreact when compared to other series like Gintama and Demon Slayer where everybody has to yell in order to make a joke.

The whole chemistry between Stark's fears and Frieren and Fern's stoic style works a lot. The scene where Stark loses consciousness in the storm was pretty well done since the guy didn't yell and was simply grabbed by Fern who remained sstoic as heck.
Old 2023-11-22, 19:03   Link #425
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Frieren conquers the world.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-11-23, 12:10   Link #426
TURI123456

About the discussion that was here about who is stronger Fern or Lugner, if Lugner was wrong about what he said about who has more Mana or who is more competent Fern would say that he was wrong about it. But instead, Fern pretty much agreed with Lugner and also said that she thinks in the same way Stark which means that what Lugner said was probably true.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-23, 15:05   Link #427
EroKing

NSFW
Can't stop hews
Old 2023-11-24, 09:52   Link #428
Huh...?

YouTube

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-24, 11:40   Link #429
Frontier

It seems like the greatest impediment to Frieren's journey is her own propensity for falling asleep, even in the middle of a blizzard. She could probably fall asleep anywhere .

I don't know if it's because of the idea of Stark carrying another woman (in princess carry no less) or just the way he was motioning with his hands, but Fern won't have him carry Frieren. And it earned him some Fern pouts .

Of course Frieren dreamed of Himmel and their party. Turns out Himmel was just a kid who got a replica Hero Sword and had the motivation to become a real hero just to get back at the orphan brat who said he couldn't...with said brat being Heiter. Also the look on Frieren's face when Himmel turned around to her .

Konomi Kohara as a loli village chief with pouts that could rival Fern! And she's cute as a button! And has some choice words from her grandmother to impart on Frieren, who seemed like quite a looker in the flashback .

Just slaying some monster wolves! All in a days work for Frieren, Stark, and Fern .

So the Village of the Sword houses the sword of the Hero, destined to be pulled from the stone and save the world from a great calamity. Except Himmel never actually pulled the sword out, he managed to defeat the Demon Lord and become a Hero purely with a replica and the legends just altered it for branding. I guess we should be happy that there hasn't been a great calamity yet to necessitate the sword being pulled and Himmel never needed it, especially in Frieren's eyes .

Frieren dropping the bombshell of Stark's birthday on Fern. You have to give a girl a little warning about that stuff! Though how animated Frieren was in that sequence and when she was taking her masters' suggestion that the best way to a guys' heart is a potion that dissolves clothes...degenerate Frieren folks! No wonder she ended up naked courtesy of Fern. Probably the stuff Himmel dreamed about .

I love how Fern gets to hear all the nice and helpful stuff Stark did around the village and built up her opinion of him...only to see him watching clouds with boobs and poop. Then she resets herself back to looking at him with the same stoic and disdainful way she always sees him, but she still wants to do something for his birthday .

Stark backstory! He was the failure in a village of warriors, but his brother Stoltz (Takuya Eguchi!) saw value in him and treated him kindly. Which just made Stark feel all the more guilty for running away when the village was destroyed by demons and he lost his entire family. But Fern knows the Stark of today would never run, and she would never let him .

I love how Fern made sure to get him a birthday gift under budget. Also the way the camera focused on their hands with Stark's birthday gift bracelet made me think they were about to lewdly hold hands for a second .

Frieren the cook! What better way to celebrate a birthday than with a full course hamburg steak meal courtesy of Eisen's recipe? Especially with it being the birthday gift of true warriors from Eisen's homeland, which was why he always served it to Stark on his birthday. Even his brother did, with said brother having wanted Stark to live most of all .

Fern keeps calling Stark a "perv" I'm liable to think she likes him .
Old 2023-11-24, 12:02   Link #430
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It seems like the greatest impediment to Frieren's journey is her own propensity for falling asleep, even in the middle of a blizzard. She could probably fall asleep anywhere .

I don't know if it's because of the idea of Stark carrying another woman (in princess carry no less) or just the way he was motioning with his hands, but Fern won't have him carry Frieren. And it earned him some Fern pouts .

Of course Frieren dreamed of Himmel and their party. Turns out Himmel was just a kid who got a replica Hero Sword and had the motivation to become a real hero just to get back at the orphan brat who said he couldn't...with said brat being Heiter. Also the look on Frieren's face when Himmel turned around to her .

Konomi Kohara as a loli village chief with pouts that could rival Fern! And she's cute as a button! And has some choice words from her grandmother to impart on Frieren, who seemed like quite a looker in the flashback .

Just slaying some monster wolves! All in a days work for Frieren, Stark, and Fern .

So the Village of the Sword houses the sword of the Hero, destined to be pulled from the stone and save the world from a great calamity. Except Himmel never actually pulled the sword out, he managed to defeat the Demon Lord and become a Hero purely with a replica and the legends just altered it for branding. I guess we should be happy that there hasn't been a great calamity yet to necessitate the sword being pulled and Himmel never needed it, especially in Frieren's eyes .

Frieren dropping the bombshell of Stark's birthday on Fern. You have to give a girl a little warning about that stuff! Though how animated Frieren was in that sequence and when she was taking her masters' suggestion that the best way to a guys' heart is a potion that dissolves clothes...degenerate Frieren folks! No wonder she ended up naked courtesy of Fern. Probably the stuff Himmel dreamed about .

I love how Fern gets to hear all the nice and helpful stuff Stark did around the village and built up her opinion of him...only to see him watching clouds with boobs and poop. Then she resets herself back to looking at him with the same stoic and disdainful way she always sees him, but she still wants to do something for his birthday .

Stark backstory! He was the failure in a village of warriors, but his brother Stoltz (Takuya Eguchi!) saw value in him and treated him kindly. Which just made Stark feel all the more guilty for running away when the village was destroyed by demons and he lost his entire family. But Fern knows the Stark of today would never run, and she would never let him .

I love how Fern made sure to get him a birthday gift under budget. Also the way the camera focused on their hands with Stark's birthday gift bracelet made me think they were about to lewdly hold hands for a second .

Frieren the cook! What better way to celebrate a birthday than with a full course hamburg steak meal courtesy of Eisen's recipe? Especially with it being the birthday gift of true warriors from Eisen's homeland, which was why he always served it to Stark on his birthday. Even his brother did, with said brother having wanted Stark to live most of all .

Fern keeps calling Stark a "perv" I'm liable to think she likes him .
I think it's just the way that Fern thinks. She isn't a cold person but she has a lack of interaction with people and doesn't know how to judge situations with people and how she is supposed to respond to them.
Old 2023-11-24, 12:35   Link #431
Shadow5YA

Very much liked the momentary focus on the ring before Frieren noticed the hamburg recipe. It's subtle enough that it doesn't spell out what it's about just yet, but enough to show that it's important to her somehow.

I'm a bit more lukewarm on how much they had Fern call Stark ecchi.
She already said that she doesn't think Stark has a dirty mind, so repeating that gag so many times is a little uncharacteristic.
I think it would've been better and more subtle if they could have left it at just the pouting face.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-24, 12:43   Link #432
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Very much liked the momentary focus on the ring before Frieren noticed the hamburg recipe. It's subtle enough that it doesn't spell out what it's about just yet, but enough to show that it's important to her somehow.

She already said that she doesn't think Stark has a dirty mind, so repeating that gag so many times is a little uncharacteristic.
I think it would've been better and more subtle if they could have left it at just the pouting face.
The part with the ring is pretty much obvious from what we know until now and it's not the first time that we saw it.
Old 2023-11-24, 12:50   Link #433
Shadow5YA

I also like how Evan Call is using woodwind instruments when Fern is fighting and brass instruments for Stark, then playing both groups when they're working together.
Old 2023-11-24, 12:55   Link #434
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
if Lugner was wrong about what he said about who has more Mana or who is more competent Fern would say that he was wrong about it.
That logic if very flawed. Fern and Frieren hide their power to deceive demons. They can NOT reveal their secret to demons. Fern must let Lugner assume she's weaker rather than correcting him. She would be massively stupid if she were to correct him. And believe me, she's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess we should be happy that there hasn't been a great calamity yet to necessitate the sword being pulled and Himmel never needed it
And what do you think is the war with the Demon Lord? Himmel didn't need the sword because he was an absolute chad. But this was a calamity all the same, and he did save the world and became a real hero.

The message here is that the sword doesn't make the hero. The hero makes the sword.
Old 2023-11-24, 13:37   Link #435
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The message here is that the sword doesn't make the hero. The hero makes the sword.
Stark sat outside the cave looking at the Hero's sword but he didn't go in and try to pull it out himself. He might have been thinking his brother could have pulled it out. He knows he's too much of a coward to be worthy of being called a hero.
Old 2023-11-24, 13:40   Link #436
Shadow5YA

I don't think Stark would've been interested even if he was more confident. Eisen didn't try pulling it out either. Not everyone wants to be the hero.
Old 2023-11-24, 13:47   Link #437
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

It's anime love interest 101 .
Old 2023-11-24, 13:53   Link #438
Shadow5YA

I know what it means. I just think they could have been more subdued with the execution.
Like I said, just the pouting face would've been more than enough.
At the end when they continued with the potion gag too, Fern could have ended it at the "none of your business"

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2023-11-24 at 14:04.
Old 2023-11-24, 15:25   Link #439
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That logic if very flawed. Fern and Frieren hide their power to deceive demons. They can NOT reveal their secret to demons. Fern must let Lugner assume she's weaker rather than correcting him. She would be massively stupid if she were to correct him. And believe me, she's not.

And what do you think is the war with the Demon Lord? Himmel didn't need the sword because he was an absolute chad. But this was a calamity all the same, and he did save the world and became a real hero.

This logic is fine (for Anime logic at least) what's wrong is the way that I write things.
My meaning was that Fern would say something about the mistake that Lugner made only after their fight was over (as Frieren did with Aura) more than this you ignore the other point that I meant that Fern doesn't have any interest in lying to Stark about the facts that they are weaker than their enemies.
Old 2023-11-24, 16:59   Link #440
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
This logic is fine (for Anime logic at least) what's wrong is the way that I write things.
My meaning was that Fern would say something about the mistake that Lugner made only after their fight was over (as Frieren did with Aura).
Frieren revealed her power to Aura because it was necessary to exploit Aura's spell. It was a special case. But generally they will never reveal their secret. That been said, when Lugner realized that Fern had been hiding her mana and accused Fern of being unfair, Fern didn't deny it. Because it's true. She was hiding her power to deceive him.

Tags
adventure, fantasy