AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-03, 23:52   Link #241
Azuma Denton
~AD~

After 5 episodes of DokiDoki Precure, i can say that all the budget runs to ED.
The ED is gorgeus, very gorgeus.
But the fight scene is nothing like Smile Precure.

About character, both has plus and minus.
Overall until eps 5, i still enjoy Smile Precure than DokiDoki Precure.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 15:37   Link #242
Witched

Spoiler for EP5:
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 20:33   Link #243
ShiroiRyu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn756io7kHA

Full OPening !
Finally. *_*
I'm in love !
Old 2013-03-05, 22:54   Link #244
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
After 5 episodes of DokiDoki Precure, i can say that all the budget runs to ED.
The ED is gorgeus, very gorgeus.
But the fight scene is nothing like Smile Precure.

About character, both has plus and minus.
Overall until eps 5, i still enjoy Smile Precure than DokiDoki Precure.
If Smile had larger budget than I think they could have made better use of it for the final stretch of the show. Personally, the best fights smile had ever done was the mid season battle and Reika's standalone episode.

As for right now, I don't feel the like animation quality of the fights in Doki Doki are any worse than Smile's. However, I feel like the monsters of Doki Doki are what makes the fights a lot more entertaining for me. All the monsters look very unique from each other so far and they say more than just shouting out their names.

And we're only on episode 5. They could possibly be saving for some major battles down the road? I hope. >_>
Old 2013-03-06, 02:15   Link #245
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It'd be better if the L-O-V-E sequence was either shorter, or different between the Precures.
I was hoping they'd end up spelling things like H-O-P-E, L-U-C-K, and B-R-A-V-E. (to fit with each cure's theme without being too long) Sadly, that didn't happen, though given that they may get more Cure Lavies, they'll probably be spelling other things.

Overall, the style is still very consistent even when the scenes take a noticeable drop in quality. It at least isn't derping out (yet) like various Smile episodes where the characters just had disgustingly drawn faces up-close. I think this is largely the fault of the eyes being overly detailed in the promotional art and the stock footage.

Last edited by YourIdeas; 2013-03-06 at 18:56.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 09:26   Link #246
4Tran

The quality of fight scenes will fluctuate greatly between episodes so it won't be a very good indicator of animation quality until we have a larger body of episodes. The exception would be if one show had a lot of amazing action animation, but we're not there yet. Look at the transformations, and it's clear that Heart and Dia's versions are lackluster. Ditto for the finishers.

In a long-running television anime, it's natural for the art to go off-model from time to time. Dokidoki isn't stellar here either: a lot of full-body and larger shots look pretty terrible:

These aren't nearly as nice looking as the Arisu from episode 4:

Old 2013-03-08, 06:44   Link #247
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Episode 5:

Mana and her friends are on a quest to find the 4th member.
It turns out that Cure Sword isn't so easy to acquire, and mana gets an unpleasant experience with her idol.

Enjoyed the battle for this episode. An idol can be jealous of other idols more popular than them - and that jealousy can become a powerful monster. The cure team gets beat up, until Cure Sword appears to save the day. Hmm, now I'm curious on how they could get the 4th member to join, and who is the cat who delivered the letter to to Mana's house.

And lastly, I'm glad that the voices of Sharuru, Raquel and Lance aren't hard on the ears.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 01:42   Link #248
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 5. No Way! She's Cure Sword??

Gosh, I'm almost late to deliver my review for the past week's episode.

The drama in this fifth episode was very top notch, IMO. Mana learned from the incident with Makoto to express herself with tact; she's got the empathy, but at the start of the episode she didn't know that her innocent passion would become uncomfortable towards her idol Makoto.

The fight was very good, since the Cures have yet to gain more experience and awaken their magical abilities, but Cure Sword saved the day with elegance and strength.

Now, a good thing that I liked about this episode is that hinted at several mysteries.
Spoiler for Manager DB:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 17:36   Link #249
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I do not want to spill the beans, but I'm pretty sure that manager DB is actually Makoto's fairy partner, Dabie.

Aside from the ornaments (the Spade-shaped, purple earrings) seen on the manager, the most obvious hint came towards the end of the episode when Mana had the mysterious letter delivered at her place and there was a little shadow that ran away after delivering it.

That shadow must had been Dabie.
Hardly a spoiler, given that they throw the hints at your face, with the biggest give away being the scene you just described. (That and "D-B" is phonetically similar to Davi, which even the Japanese girls that this show is targeted at can probably figure out). It's a lot like Cure Sunshine's identity from Heartcatch Precure, in which they basically gave away who it was several episodes before her actual introduction.
Old 2013-03-09, 20:17   Link #250
4Tran

Cure Sunshine's identity was still meant to be a surprise. Davi's identity is as obvious as Cure Moonlight's.
Old 2013-03-09, 20:28   Link #251
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Cure Sunshine's identity was still meant to be a surprise. Davi's identity is as obvious as Cure Moonlight's.
Mostly speaking from a more adult-thinking standpoint.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Episode 6 - Cooking Omuraisu is a Battlefield!:

Last edited by YourIdeas; 2013-03-09 at 21:37.
Old 2013-03-09, 21:33   Link #252
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Ondul! Precure 06 - Yavi Kuddeen:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 22:35   Link #253
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 02:34   Link #254
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep6:
Likely, it just made more sense from a realistic standpoint. Egg whites are initially clear before they're cooked, so there should've been no real way for her to get white on her hands, unless she was playing with a different food (or substance :x). Yellow (egg yolk) makes more sense because she was quite literally crushing eggs like a barbarian.
Old 2013-03-10, 02:50   Link #255
elior

it only episode 6 and they already go to the world?this season pace is very fast
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 09:30   Link #256
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Is it just me, or each time Makoto is going "one, two, three, four... FLYYYYYY", it just sounds off ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 16:14   Link #257
4Tran

Episode 6

Quick thoughts:

-Hah, Cure Sword is a Starlight! I'm not a fan of '90s boy bands, but I think that Search for Your Love sounds better.

-The main enemy goes by the name of King Monster-of-the-Week? He must have been on vacation when they handed out all the really good villain names.

-Cure Sword's transformation is marginally better than Heart and Diamond's but it's still sort of meh. On the plus side, Davi's constant apology act was pretty good (possibly the best part of the episode really).

-I'm not sure I'd be so quick to be friends with Precures who transform, and then do nothing for the rest of the fight.

I think that this episode is a bit on the weak side. Considering that all of the action happens inside Mana's house, there's no feeling of any stakes being involved or any fun factor derived from that. Couple that with some pretty weak animation makes for a pretty dismal outing. This episode should have been more like the Sailor Moon episode where they trash Usagi's house, but it's nowhere as good or as memorable.
Old 2013-03-10, 16:14   Link #258
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Is it just me, or each time Makoto is going "one, two, three, four... FLYYYYYY", it just sounds off ?
No, it is completely off. Not only that, but watching her sing that line while pulling off that very, very stiff 'crane pose' is downright embarrassing.
On the bright side, the ending sounds and looks great, and having suffered through worse idol songs and poses in the past, I can give this a pass.
Great episode, love how
Spoiler for 6:
Old 2013-03-10, 19:09   Link #259
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Funny thing about Nabatame Hitomi (Mana's voice)

She is reportedly said to be a "butch lesbian" in real life; coarse voiced tough hard drinker, "married" to Itou Shizuka (of Hinagiku from Hayate fame) until the latter was recently married.

Not to mention the fact she is famous for and so good at playing tough, dark, macho deep-coarse-voiced women like Kanu (Ikkitousen) and the Neck-Snapping Dorm Mother (Railgun)

And yet when receiving a bright, adorable, sweet kind and idealistic role that stands for everything she is not, she reportedly bursted into tears of joy like a little girl.

Curious isn't it?
Old 2013-03-10, 19:25   Link #260
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
Spoiler for 6:
Wait... !!!

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, magical girl