AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-08, 01:47   Link #41
mandarb916

hm....contrary to beta, I really liked the OP song.

The overall animation quality is pretty good as is Maaya's voice acting. Premise is interesting and makes me regret selling my DS not too long ago since the game's coming out for DS in a few months. However, with the mix of races and how they're drawn, it's a little hard to take seriously...wish they took a page or 2 from Utawarerumono.

Will keep watching, though
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:43   Link #42
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Wow its really pretty and the op... what a surprise, it was kinda electro, like nakata did it I am ripping it from my file to jam out Well I really liked it, but I can understand it not being a popular one this season... But maaya was awesome! I loved her character and I really loved the cat king guy Well the first episode will definitely keep me watching. I will be importing this game! I think this is too awesome. Has anyone picked this show up yet?

Edit: I found out some one named nakata wrote the song, I was talking about nakata yasukata (perfume, capsule)

Last edited by jigenbakuda; 2008-07-08 at 21:56.
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 22:31   Link #43
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
I will be importing this game!
i kinda regret selling my DS now...lol
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 23:27   Link #44
kaosmos

Morte is now on my list of the best female anime fighter.. XD

But i'm more looking forward for the dual gun wielding girl we see in the op.

And for the hero...bleh...>.> weakling with the power to destroy the world is a big no for me....
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 12:13   Link #45
LegendsEnd

If anyone else is seeing double in the first subbed ep, rename the .ass file and load it from the player using File -> Load Subtitles. Didn't catch this problem since I only renamed the files after making the torrent

Having said that, really like the OP and animation in this. Sad to hear it only has 13 eps but hope you guys enjoy my speedsub lol (Done between 1:00am-4:00am!).
LegendsEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 13:17   Link #46
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Funny ep nice subs thx
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 14:53   Link #47
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

I wonder why this series is getting so attention, I mean it has a ds game (promotional video can be seen here ) to be released with a top notch production staff and the anime's story is very interesting, the anime its self was not shabbily made, but why? What makes so this series gets so much attention? Why put so much money into something new?

I am not anime otaku but the only other series I watched like this was utena. In which it spawned an anime, manga, game, and movie but all came out together, like the manga was running at the same time the anime was then the game came out as soon as the series finished and the movie came out as soon as the series finished as well as the manga. But it was an all original project that developed from nothing yet all this stuff came out together...

Why is world destruction like this? Is it the brainchild of some big shots in the anime world? They could do that with utena because it was directed by the same guy that did the last season of sailor moon... right after sailor moon.

Anyways the manga will begin serialization this month in Dengeki Maoh according to ann.. I'll check the site later... Any word if anyone is going to scanlate this? If not I need to start collecting the actual maoh magazine... Don't want to get too far back on the releases, its released every month, but so what....

Yea I checked the main site world destruction is supposed to be in the next issue.For those who care enough to check themselves... linkie poo is here.
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 15:30   Link #48
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
The first episode was quite good, though there were some bad facial expressions in the second half.
Some scenes, in particular those with the cats and the Teddy Bear made me laugh nyan~, but others were quite serious and the action scenes with Morte were pretty good. nyan~

I don't know if someone already noticed, Morte's boots remind me of Yoko's, but the zip is not on the side Kyrie, instead, is quite lively and carefree also in the most dangerous situations, though he seemed a little scared.

I hope the plot will develop in good way, since destroying the world is not your usual quest to complete.

Morte is HAWT! kuma~
Old 2008-07-09, 16:09   Link #49
_Setsuna_
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to _Setsuna_
Oooh well i've just finish watching the first episode and i liked it!It's quite a cool anime and the plot seems original.It also have the right mix of funny scenes and weird things !

Btw in my mother language the name of the girl,Morte,means Death !Lol that's quite ironic
_Setsuna_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 16:15   Link #50
kaosmos

Quote:
Btw in my mother language the name of the girl,Morte,means Death !Lol that's quite ironic
I noticed that too,but anime news network list her name as morute...bad romanization or official name?

Anyway yeah,she was destined to end something with a name like that... XD

i'm starting to regret not having a ds...
Old 2008-07-09, 18:27   Link #51
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
I noticed that too,but anime news network list her name as morute...bad romanization or official name?

Anyway yeah,she was destined to end something with a name like that... XD

i'm starting to regret not having a ds...
In one of the game trailers her name was spelled as Morte so I would guess that's the official romanization (even though can never know, sometimes they use different ones even on official material <.<)
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 03:18   Link #52
Kamina-san

oops! deleted instead of editing. Like I was saying. The show seems good, it just feels kind of BORROWED (other than the obvious anti-hero world destruction ploy). 13 episodes huh? Will that be enough for something as daring as world destruction? Second season perhaps? Will continue to watch.
Old 2008-07-10, 08:37   Link #53
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

the characters look interesting,and frankly,i have watched enough movies,dramas and animes about world destruction,but i rarely watch those with the protagonist intending on destroying the world.I really wonder how this will turn out in the end.But i dislike 2 things:

1)the supposed hero.man,he is really weak and clueless.hopefully that would change soon(lol at the fake breast)
2)those beast?they are the main reason why i couldn't take this anime seriously although the story look interesting

13 episodes look a bit too short,but 26 or 24 may seem a bit too long as well.They will have to rush through the 13 episodes to give a satisfying ending
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 09:58   Link #54
kaosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina-san View Post
oops! deleted instead of editing. Like I was saying. The show seems good, it just feels kind of BORROWED (other than the obvious anti-hero world destruction ploy). 13 episodes huh? Will that be enough for something as daring as world destruction? Second season perhaps? Will continue to watch.
Maybe they'll stop the story halfway to make people buy the game?
Or maybe it's like .hack and what we see is happening before the beginning of the game?
Old 2008-07-10, 12:46   Link #55
LegendsEnd

I've read that the DS game and anime are different stories set in the same universe. I don't think it'll be like .hack.
LegendsEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 13:26   Link #56
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

So, I've got around to watching the first episode. It's not bad, but it's not really "WOW" either. Like Kamina-san said, "world destruction" is hardly an original idea — the meme has been done to death (pun intended) in countless JRPGs, and I daresay that Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne's version of apocalypse is by far and away the one for all other games to beat. World Destruction seems like a stroll-in-the-park, by comparison.

I noticed from the credits that P.A Works and Studio DEEN provided supporting animation. P.A Works was responsible for last winter's True Tears, which featured gorgeous art and animation, so I'm guessing that the shoddy animation quality in the second-half of the episode — which tigerwoods observed — was probably a result of DEEN's involvement? I seem to recall alot of grumbling about this particular studio, so I wonder if someone can confirm my suspicions?

As for the characters, I'm not terribly impressed with the cutesy beastmen and the softish Kyrie (isn't that a girl's name?), but I'd readily agree that Morte is sexy eye-candy. Her design reminds me immediately of Sango from Inuyasha, especially Morte's weapon, which is shaped similarly as Sango's Hiraikotsu (see below).

Ah well, due to the relative lack of promising summer anime, World Destruction at least seems to provide suitably light entertainment. I'm likely to follow it for at least a few more episodes.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 13:58   Link #57
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I noticed from the credits that P.A Works and Studio DEEN provided supporting animation. P.A Works was responsible for last winter's True Tears, which featured gorgeous art and animation, so I'm guessing that the shoddy animation quality in the second-half of the episode — which tigerwoods observed — was probably a result of DEEN's involvement? I seem to recall alot of grumbling about this particular studio, so I wonder if someone can confirm my suspicions?
Well Studio DEEN is not very constant in its anime, but lately with Vampire Knight they did a good job. I don't know.
Old 2008-07-10, 18:18   Link #58
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Is felling in love with the kuma... I don't know why....

Just a note to those who don't know. The anime, the manga, and the game well have different plot development and slightly varying settings. (Like how the dragon girl is an independent fourth party int he game, but a member of the World Salvation Association in the anime).

Though knowing who drafted the basic plot, I really fear the story would eventually crash and burn....
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 13:21   Link #59
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Liked The First ep...The anime has Nice Story..But With Wired characters
Waiting The Next ep
Old 2008-07-11, 13:55   Link #60
Elvanvitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
I Liked The First ep...The anime has Nice Story..But With Wired characters
Waiting The Next ep