AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-08-31, 12:08   Link #701
pichu
*Fansubber

umm
usually you want to change the Emitter/Position XY for the effects. Just link Emitter/Position XY to position keys using expressions, and leave the Transform/Position unchanged...
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 21:13   Link #702
jmaeshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
that hayate karaoke is actually done in .ass
I know it can be done in ass, but I'd like to know how to do it in AE, since it will probably be a lot nicer looking and easier to accomplish.

Hope someone will help me with this.
jmaeshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 10:24   Link #703
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

You could use shinji's script , with two-tree particular effects (using different colored leaves , or whatever they are) , and then just a simple fill in... Its not that hard. A few pages back there is a small guide (if Im not mistaken) on how to use particular with shinjis script. It was for the Guren Lagan op from BSS.

Although in .ass it will be MUCH easier to do it. AFX isn't always easier.
LelouchVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 17:31   Link #704
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Its still a very simple effect with pichus script, I don't really see where the confusion is. If you could explain exactly what you want to do that would be nice (since I cant tell where your having problems with your original post).

Edit: Just because its done AFX != better looking than .ass
crash-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 21:10   Link #705
jmaeshawn

Basically, my problem is trying to get the particles to be per syllable. Right now, I have the particular emitter point following the ball's position. (The skeleton head)

But, this results in one long continuous stream of particles instead of having separate smaller "bursts" of particles for each syllable.

I'm trying to figure out how to make the particular stream to be an automated per syllable, instead of depending on something else like my ball.
Old 2009-09-02, 19:23   Link #706
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

I still don't see whats so hard about that, if you look at the second tutorial I made it shows how to make something move with the syllables. All you have to do is modify it a little to move the emitter for particular. As for making the particles emit at each syllable (again I don't see whats so hard about this), all you have to do is animate the particles/second property.
Old 2009-09-03, 02:55   Link #707
jmaeshawn

I must not be explaining something right, cause I know how to move the emitter with the syllables, it's the fact that the way you moved your object in the second tutorial moves the object in a path across the entire line, having particles being emitted in spaces between words, etc.

I'm trying to make it look as if the particles are coming from the syllable itself instead of having the particles follow behind the syllable.

Something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FCFvsDS9ZY
Old 2009-09-03, 10:08   Link #708
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Hm...Maybe keyframing the opacity or the number of emited particles will do the job.Like before the syl its 0% then at start its 100 , right before the end its 100 , at the end exactly its 0 etc...
Old 2009-09-11, 23:06   Link #709
jmaeshawn

Keyframing hasn't done it for me yet... I don't know why everyone is saying this effect is so easy, when it won't work the way I want it to...

Here's another example:
http://www.youtube.com/v/LnhOjTH98vc

Notice how it looks like each syllable has it's own particular on it, rather than having one that moves across the entire line.
Old 2009-09-12, 05:40   Link #710
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

I've organized my old projects (well I haven't fansubbed for years).

Titles, karaokes and some scripts.

I'm willing to hand them out, I think it could be a good way for some people to learn about after effects.

If people show some interest in that, I may make a torrent, a megaupload or something like that.
Old 2009-09-12, 07:54   Link #711
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

I would definitely like a look at your workfiles.
Old 2009-09-12, 11:07   Link #712
Noct

Me too. It's nice to see how other people do stuff and you might learn 1 or 2 new tricks.
Noct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 11:48   Link #713
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaeshawn View Post
Keyframing hasn't done it for me yet... I don't know why everyone is saying this effect is so easy, when it won't work the way I want it to...

Here's another example:
http://www.youtube.com/v/LnhOjTH98vc

Notice how it looks like each syllable has it's own particular on it, rather than having one that moves across the entire line.
I highly doubt that that kara was made with AFX, but who knows it could have been. Not like that matters but yea. Do you understand how pichus kara script works? and do you know how to use particular? Because if you don't know those things then making this kara is a hell of a lot harder than it should be.
Old 2009-09-17, 02:16   Link #714
G.U.N.D.A.M

Hey guys,
I'm a bit stuck with KRK I need a little help
so I'm trying to have an effect in line-per syl which I did

Quote:
.l( "style1" , true )
but the problem is the syllables appear at all times when I want them to appear only when they're sung
so now the effect "Glow" glows the whole line when it should be glowing just the one syllable

hope I was being clear.
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 07:03   Link #715
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

I don't think .l is for per syl... :P Though I don't really rememeber the KRK code xD
Old 2009-09-17, 07:34   Link #716
G.U.N.D.A.M

Quote:
I don't think .l is for per syl...
That's not the problem since it DID make a line for each syllable
the problem is I can't make the effects go per syl
Old 2009-09-17, 17:23   Link #717
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

If you only want then syllables to show up when said then you need to animate the opacity of the text, Since you have it syllable per line, you can either use a text animator or the transform property, though i fell like the animator would be easiest (mainly because the code is simpler).
Old 2009-09-18, 10:07   Link #718
roundboy2005

Hi, I have a noob question. I use Pichu'd script and Crash's tutorial to make afx kara and I've been doing just fine. Then I wanted to try it out on attack effect, but duration of each syllable is just too short. In aegisub, I would just go $start,!$end+1000! or retime("syl",0,1000), but I have no idea how to do it in afx. So is there any way to increase the duration of the syllables?
roundboy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 10:55   Link #719
G.U.N.D.A.M

roundboy2005, you don't increase the duration of the syllables you just have to drag the end marker so it would end sooner
the markers don't have to be symmetrical one can start at second 10 and end at second 40. (it has exactly the same concept as the one you do in Aegisub)

======================

crash, I've been trying to change the opacity using "subtract" but the times are messed up
it would start exactly where I tell it to start but it would completely disappear before the 'end' keyframe ends (at approxematily 30%) I honestly don't know how to do this, if you could provide a project file it would be great.
Old 2009-09-18, 11:17   Link #720
roundboy2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.U.N.D.A.M View Post
roundboy2005, you don't increase the duration of the syllables you just have to drag the end marker so it would end sooner
the markers don't have to be symmetrical one can start at second 10 and end at second 40. (it has exactly the same concept as the one you do in Aegisub)

======================

crash, I've been trying to change the opacity using "subtract" but the times are messed up
it would start exactly where I tell it to start but it would completely disappear before the 'end' keyframe ends (at approxematily 30%) I honestly don't know how to do this, if you could provide a project file it would be great.
Sorry, I think my last post confused you. What I meant was something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icFbk...ofilepage#t=69

The syllables start off normal, then at the end of their duration, the borders change to yellow. Then the syllables still do something after their durations end--in this case, fade and spin. That's what I wanted to ask. My understanding is that in afx, I change the border color at the end marker. But I don't know what to do if I want to add more effect after the syllables end. I know this karaoke is done in aegi, but I can't find a better example right now. Sorry about that.
roundboy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote